PDA

View Full Version : Recording on DVD

Coots82
08-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I was curious if I bought a DVD recorder for my T.V., will it even capture a whole game on one DVD? If not then.... what's the point ? Someone please inlighten me on how to do this procedure..

apa64che
08-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Do you have a laptop computer with a dvd burner?

ohall
08-16-2005, 10:29 AM
The picture quality is so good that is the point.

All you have to do is use more than one DvD. I record at SP, the TWO hour level and I change DvD's at half time. You can always buy a DvD recorder that uses double layer technology but those are much more expensive, both in the recorder itself and the media you have to use.

PhinstiGator
08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I was curious if I bought a DVD recorder for my T.V., will it even capture a whole game on one DVD? If not then.... what's the point ? Someone please inlighten me on how to do this procedure..
Yes it will. There are different quality settings. XP will record about 1 hr of high quality 8 mps Mpeg2 video. SP will record about 2 hrs. of decent quality video. Once you go longer than that you start to see a visual quality degradation in the form of pixalization and digital artifacts.

If you cut out commerials and half-time the game should be less than 1 hr and 45 minutes of recording time. If you really hit the pause button betwixt huddles, you can record the game in less than 45 minutes of high quality video.

steveincolorado
08-16-2005, 10:35 AM
You can burn up to two games on one disc if you want. I will either put each quarter on a disc and sometimes I'll put a half on a disc. It's just the way I do it.

ohall
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes it will. There are different quality settings. XP will record about 1 hr of high quality 8 mps Mpeg2 video. SP will record about 2 hrs. of decent quality video. Once you go longer than that you start to see a visual quality degradation in the form of pixalization and digital artifacts.

If you cut out commerials and half-time the game should be less than 1 hr and 45 minutes of recording time. If you really hit the pause button betwixt huddles, you can record the game in less than 45 minutes of high quality video.

I could see recording at the XP level for play off games, but not for the reg-season. It would be such a chore to sit there and hit pause all the time. My problem is I forget to un-pause the darn thing when I go that route. :D

Plus I don't see a huge jump in picture quality from SP to XP for football games. For a movie I can see that but not for a sporting event. But that's just my opinion. :)

BBsuck
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
I record it to TIVO first then send it to my computer and use editing software to remove unwanted parts lik commercials and dead space..my DVD's of a normal game run about 2 hrs 30 min at about 3.8 GB that leaves extra room for post game info recorded latter on ESPN or NFL network to show after the game.Its nice to edit it on a good sofware program so you can have a menu to go to important game points..like TD's sacks whatever...It takes some time though to get used to it, but way worht the effort