PDA

View Full Version : "Campfire Creative" STORY

SCall13
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
OK, for thoe who do not know what a campfire creative is, it's a story written by numerous - countless - writers,usually by word of mouth. The story gets bigger and more elaborate as it goes. Pretty much the same way urban legends come about.

So here's what we do: You have to write NO LESS than a sentence and NO MORE than an average paragraph, then the next person comes behind you and adds their sentence or paragraph to it. So lets see what kind of crazy story we can come up with. I'll start: (In honor of Skape, who made my sig for me, I'll use his name)

Skape stood at the mouth of a narrow trail that led into the dense woods. His heart beat like a bass drum, feeling as if it would burst through his rib-cage. The wind blew hard and he pushed his hair out of his eyes and felt the sweat on his forehead. He took one meager step forward, took a deep breath, and walked cautiously under the over hanging limbs. Though fear enveloped him, he knew that on the other side of these woods, a prize awaited him. His anticpation and desire for the prize far outweighed his fear - so he kept going.

arsenal
08-16-2005, 11:49 AM
haha good stuff...

As he headed towards his destination he heard a faint noise from behind him as if he was being followed. Knowing no one was supposed to know about this secret prize, skape froze and listened attentively. After not hearing another sound he progressed slowly this time, listening for any more noises and looking behind him often with a nervous eye. Then another noise, sounded like footsteps on the dense forest floor of leaves and broken branches was getting closer and closer. Frozen again Skape decided not to wait any longer and began to run through the woods.

SCall13
08-16-2005, 12:16 PM
haha good stuff...

As he headed towards his destination he heard a faint noise from behind him as if he was being followed. Knowing no one was supposed to know about this secret prize, skape froze and listened attentively. After not hearing another sound he progressed slowly this time, listening for any more noises and looking behind him often with a nervous eye. Then another noise, sounded like footsteps on the dense forest floor of leaves and broken branches was getting closer and closer. Frozen again Skape decided not to wait any longer and began to run through the woods.

Tripping on roots, darting through vines, thorns and spider webs of various sizes, Skape moved at a furious pace - determined to out run his unseen pursuer. His lungs were aching, but no way would he stop running. His desire to survive and his determination to attain his prize pushed him forward. Through the anguish in his mind, he wondered who - or what- was chasing him.

FLOUNDER
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
As he turned around to see who it was, he tripped on a tree branch. He thought he was dead for sure. Then he saw who it was, it was michael myers getting closer and closer to him. He stood up and pulling out his 9 and poped a cap in myers ***. But that didnt work he just kept coming and coming. He thought he was dead for sure untill

arsenal
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
After shaking out of that daydream of Michael Meyers Skape realized the sound had gone away and he needed to continue on his journey. Infins had told him the walk was going to take about 4 hours through the dense forest and he didn't want to get stuck in there at night. He was very skittish as a child and still gets nervous rather easy in his adulthood and the thought of being alone in the forest with only the moonlight sent a cold chill down his back. Suddenly Skape realized he lost the path, he must have gone astray while running from his unknown follower and now he didn't know which direction he should travel. His strict instructions were to stay on the dirt path that follows alongside the creek, because outside the path lied grave conditions. Skape didn't know what those grave conditions were being Infins insisted he shouldn't know, but now he was frightened. Now he had no dirt path and no creek in sight and the night sky began to creep in. He needed to find his way fast.

SCall13
08-16-2005, 03:00 PM
After shaking out of that daydream of Michael Meyers Skape realized the sound had gone away and he needed to continue on his journey. Infins had told him the walk was going to take about 4 hours through the dense forest and he didn't want to get stuck in there at night. He was very skittish as a child and still gets nervous rather easy in his adulthood and the thought of being alone in the forest with only the moonlight sent a cold chill down his back. Suddenly Skape realized he lost the path, he must have gone astray while running from his unknown follower and now he didn't know which direction he should travel. His strict instructions were to stay on the dirt path that follows alongside the creek, because outside the path lied grave conditions. Skape didn't know what those grave conditions were being Infins insisted he shouldn't know, but now he was frightened. Now he had no dirt path and no creek in sight and the night sky began to creep in. He needed to find his way fast.

"I knew I should have brought a flashlight", Skape thought. He stopped for a moment, attempted to collect his bearings and rediscover the path that he has unwittingly left. But there was no path in sight. But he did know which way he was traveling. He began walking again - faster, faster. He fought back panic as a myriad of thoughts entered his mind. What WERE the grave conditions Infins spoke of and what dangers did they pose to him? And was he imagining those sounds of being followed?
He snapped out of his thoughts as he came to a creek. But before, he was walking parallel WITH the creek. He would have to cross this one to continue his journey. Had he made a wrong turn? Did he get confused in his panicky state? He wasn't sure if he should cross the creek and continue straight, or turn and follow the creek in hopes that this was the same one he had been following before.
"Where the hell is Pagan when you need him," he muttered out loud.

FLOUNDER
08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
"Im right here" Pagan said coming from behind a tree. I was out here hunting when i saw you coming just over that ridge right there. I cant beleive you all the way out here in the woods. "But im lost" skape replied. Pagan replied "No worries i know these woods like the back of my hand". "This is how you get outa here, walk 32 steps to the south of here and take a hard left was 922 steps untill you've came to a pond. If you passed the creek. Then you've went to far. So you need to double back and walk 36 steps in the north-eastern direction till you see a sign that says....

SCall13
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
"Im right here" Pagan said coming from behind a tree. I was out here hunting when i saw you coming just over that ridge right there. I cant beleive you all the way out here in the woods. "But im lost" skape replied. Pagan replied "No worries i know these woods like the back of my hand". "This is how you get outa here, walk 32 steps to the south of here and take a hard left was 922 steps untill you've came to a pond. If you passed the creek. Then you've went to far. So you need to double back and walk 36 steps in the north-eastern direction till you see a sign that says....

"Beware of the things"

"The THings," Skape asks.
"Yeah"
"What the hell are the things?"
"Hell if I know," Pagan shrugged. "I've never seen any that I know of. But I have heard alot about them."
"Like what?" Skape asked, scratching his head.

SCall13
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
"Beware of the things"

"The THings," Skape asks.
"Yeah"
"What the hell are the things?"
"Hell if I know," Pagan shrugged. "I've never seen any that I know of. But I have heard alot about them."
"Like what?" Skape asked, scratching his head.

"Look," Pagan muttered, "I don't want to talk about it. If you want to know about those THINGS, you'll have to find out from Mor911. He'll tell you. He is the expert on the THINGS. Find him and you'll know all about them."
"Well what If I run into the things BEFORE I find Mor911?"
I don't know how to answer that question. You'll figure something out.

FLOUNDER
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
So i was walking alot the path for a couple of hours and Just as i turned around scared to death. I saw a naked hillbilly running around yelling free bird, and something about lets go mountaineers. I said hello to him and he said hello there bud, i know im naked but ya see i lost my clothes a few days a ago when a prostitute, well thats what she told me she was said it will only cost 5 dollars. So i took her up on that deal, but when i woke up the next morning all my clothes were missing. Damn those mountain hooker i said!

FIN-IN-RI
08-17-2005, 09:29 PM
"Look," Pagan muttered, "I don't want to talk about it. If you want to know about those THINGS, you'll have to find out from Mor911. He'll tell you. He is the expert on the THINGS. Find him and you'll know all about them."
"Well what If I run into the things BEFORE I find Mor911?"
I don't know how to answer that question. You'll figure something out.

"Lo! Mor911 on the horizon!" Skape said excitedley.
"Hey fellas, what's the dealy deal?" Mor911 said sheepishly..
Skape steps up to Mor, seeming very concerned..."Not much Mor, but Pagan has warned me about the Things that only YOU can help me understand." Mor911 steps back in amazement and fright..

"The Things, Mor911 said.. "The Things come from the ground, from deep underneath the surface" ........

LtDan
08-18-2005, 06:34 AM
"Lo! Mor911 on the horizon!" Skape said excitedley.
"Hey fellas, what's the dealy deal?" Mor911 said sheepishly..
Skape steps up to Mor, seeming very concerned..."Not much Mor, but Pagan has warned me about the Things that only YOU can help me understand." Mor911 steps back in amazement and fright..

"The Things, Mor911 said.. "The Things come from the ground, from deep underneath the surface" ........They crawl under your skin and into your head. They rot your brain and make you think and feel things which should not be. I am sure you have heard the urban legend of Clumpy. He was the biggest Fin Fan known to man until the "Things" seized his being. And the rest is history. Horrors like none ever known to man were wrought upon Clumpy. His brain was churned like butter until (*GASP*), he professed to all that he was a Bills fan. The town was stunned and too scared to leave their houses for fear of encountering the "Things". Clumpy was banished to the swamp lands for fear that his disease would infect others....it is rumored...on dark and moon-less nights....you can still hear Clumpy howling in pain when he flashs back to his former self, looks in the mirror and sees what he has now become....something so horrible and ghastly that all fear to look upon him. So beware......

LtDan
08-18-2005, 09:35 AM
come on, someone continue the story already

arsenal
08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Mor's story definately sent a bolt of fear through Skapes body. There was nothing he could imagine worse than being a Bills fan, he knew he had to be careful. After saying his goodbyes to Mor and Pagan, Skape headed towards the dreaded sign. He wondered if the noises he heard earlier in the dense forest were in fact "The Things", but he tried not to think about it. About an hour later as night began to fall, Skape saw something behind a tree that looked like a person sleeping. He approached with caution to find it was in actuality a rotted corpse. He gasped in horror as he noticed the Bills jersey and hat on the deceased carcus, and what looked like bite marks in his head and his exposed brain. Shuttering Skape took one final look and realized he recognized this person, it was the crazy Bills fan from around the way named Losman7. But why was he dead, and what was he doing out here? These questions tugged at Skapes soul as he contemplated canceling this journey and just returning home.

inFINSible
08-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Finally Skape came to a conclusion...No prize was worth the risk of becoming a Bills fan so, he went home.

THE END

mor911
08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Bravo!!! I was gonna jump in there, but my writing skillz don't even come close to you guys... I didn't want to ruin it.

LtDan
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
You guys let it die!!

LtDan
11-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Boo!!!!!!

SCall13
11-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Boo!!!!!!Said LTDan as he leaped from behind the tree.