PDA

View Full Version : Overall, I am disappointed with the new Madden.

fitskin
08-17-2005, 04:13 AM
I am disappointed with the new madden. The new passing features are great, but when it comes down to it the gameplay is not that much different. Maybe it is cause I spent hours playing 05, but I just feel that they are holding out for the new Madden on the X360. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Speaker
08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
:rofl: Another "madden sucks" thread *sigh* i post at a ****LOAD of forums, there's tons of these.

mor911
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
There's 10 times as many "Madden is the greatest game in the world" threads, so it's nice to see someone that's not just riding EA's bandwagon.

Pagan
08-17-2005, 09:39 AM
There's 10 times as many "Madden is the greatest game in the world" threads, so it's nice to see someone that's not just riding EA's bandwagon.
Amen. I don't see much of a difference between '05 and '06.

The XBox 360 version had BETTER have improvements.

_dan24
08-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Only thing I hate is the "new passing crap" I turn that off.

I can't return a freaking punt for anything!

WTF is up with Sabans coach rating...... other than that i like :)

TrueDolFan
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I absolutely HATED this game when I first bought it. I'm getting used to it more, and I actually enjoy playing it now, despite it's flaws. It's definitely not up to the high standard that ESPN set last year (sorry Madden fanboys, it's true), but it's still a good football game. In my opinion, the worst feature about this game is QB vision. It seems like you only have enough time to focus on the one receiver that you pick before the play starts, you simply don't have the time to move the cone around a whole lot after the play starts.

I do really like some things about the game. The first thing I like is the truck stick. Madden took ESPN's shoulder charge and incorporated it into their game, smart idea. The second thing I like is the fair play option. I LOVE THIS FEATURE. Smartest thing EVER in a football game, period. There is nothing worse than playing against some fool who doesn't know how the game of football should be played, and this feature has answered my prayers. Hats off to EA for this one!

I still wish that the NFL wouldn't have sold rights to just one company, because I am willing to bet that if ESPN came out this year, it would have been better than Madden again. So it's eat the slop they put in front of you, or go hungry. I refuse to go hungry.

Prime Time
08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Why would they change the gameplay If the gameplay is very good. Betyter than 2k5s imo.

Dolfan984
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Why would they change the gameplay If the gameplay is very good. Betyter than 2k5s imo.

Exactly. If anything they made speed and 40 times (speed) more realistic this year. Anyone who thought Madden was too slow was very wrong because friggen Michael Bennett and Moss were running faster than a 4.0 40s in 05. The next-gen Madden should be way better in terms of graphics. You can only go so far on a PS2. (X-Box version should be blowing it away because of the graphics potential) I love the passing cone, I'm a better QB than ever with the precision passing. Unstoppable. ;)

UCFinfan86
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I absolutely HATED this game when I first bought it. I'm getting used to it more, and I actually enjoy playing it now, despite it's flaws. It's definitely not up to the high standard that ESPN set last year (sorry Madden fanboys, it's true), but it's still a good football game. In my opinion, the worst feature about this game is QB vision. It seems like you only have enough time to focus on the one receiver that you pick before the play starts, you simply don't have the time to move the cone around a whole lot after the play starts.

U must not know how to pass then. I have plenty of time to pass, Don't move the vision cone around with teh analog just look and when u fidn a WR u want hold R2 and push his button and u should have plenty of time. In my madden leagues im in i get sacked abut 2-3 times a game, thats not that bad

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM

You must not visit many Madden fansites. There has been nothing but a bash-madden/ea-fest.

To be honest they could put out the same game with a roster update, and I'd still buy it.

fitskin
08-17-2005, 11:56 PM
:rofl: Another "madden sucks" thread *sigh* i post at a ****LOAD of forums, there's tons of these.

Wow, did the word's Madden Sucks ever come out of my mouth. No they did not. Madden is the 2nd best video game ever made, (Mega Man Series) and I have spent hours upon hours playing it. I did not say it sucked, I said it was disappointing.

Slappy8800
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
yea i dont get the punt returns....anything i choose i have to fair catch because no blocking

Crisis
08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Superstar mode has no depth, gets boring after awhile.

Dolfan984
08-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Superstar mode has no depth, gets boring after awhile.

I agree with this, but when you first start playin it, it's pretty fun. I'm sure they'll improve on it in 07.