PDA

View Full Version : The Bible And Hst

finataxia24
08-17-2005, 02:36 PM
The Scriptures relevance for Thompson flooded back as I stared at The Proud Highway and Bible in the bottom of the box. It reminded me of the mystery surrounding Thompson’s brief suicide note. Before shooting himself with a revolver, he had typed the single word “Counselor” in the center of a blank page. To date, fellow journalists and friends of Thompson have expressed confusion as to what the word might signify, comparing it to the mysterious “Rosebud” of Citizen Kane. And that’s when it hit me. I picked up the Bible and quickly scanned the Gospel of John. There it was in the 14th chapter:

“16 And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor*, to be with you for ever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.”

http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/blyler/hst_counselor_081405.htm

finataxia24
08-18-2005, 12:15 AM
anyone

SCall13
08-18-2005, 05:15 AM
The Scriptures relevance for Thompson flooded back as I stared at The Proud Highway and Bible in the bottom of the box. It reminded me of the mystery surrounding Thompson’s brief suicide note. Before shooting himself with a revolver, he had typed the single word “Counselor” in the center of a blank page. To date, fellow journalists and friends of Thompson have expressed confusion as to what the word might signify, comparing it to the mysterious “Rosebud” of Citizen Kane. And that’s when it hit me. I picked up the Bible and quickly scanned the Gospel of John. There it was in the 14th chapter:

“16 And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor*, to be with you for ever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.”

http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/blyler/hst_counselor_081405.htm

I don't understand what you're asking or trying to get at....

4evaFinz
08-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, I am close to considering myself an Atheist and I am definately a Darwinist.

poornate
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I believe it is a reference to Hunter S. Thompson killing himself and leaving a cryptic message. I am just guessing based off the name. I have seen no report of this. I don't suppose you could follow up there finataxia?

finataxia24
08-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I believe it is a reference to Hunter S. Thompson killing himself and leaving a cryptic message. I am just guessing based off the name. I have seen no report of this. I don't suppose you could follow up there finataxia?

it wasn't reported by the media at all

this is all that i have heard...

very INTERESTING ....