PDA

View Full Version : Is the Finheaven VIP worth it?

The Samurai
08-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I have signed up at other forums for their payed member extras and I generally wasnt to impressed or satisfied. Can someone who is finheaven VIP enlighten me as to why one should purchase a VIP membership?

mor911
08-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Go to ther main forum... You will see some slightly outrageous posts like Trade RW for Michael Vick (or something ridiculous to that effect). Usually, the VIP members are more serious about actual (and factual) information.. So the discussions are more realistic and mature.

And you get a free bumper sticker! :D

Orange FinFan
08-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Go to ther main forum... You will see some slightly outrageous posts like Trade RW for Michael Vick (or something ridiculous to that effect). Usually, the VIP members are more serious about actual (and factual) information.. So the discussions are more realistic and mature.

And you get a free bumper sticker! :D
I understand the outrageous post are annoying, but is vip really that much better? Do you have a picture of the bumper sticker? :lol:

cnc66
08-17-2005, 04:13 PM
I have signed up at other forums for their payed member extras and I generally wasnt to impressed or satisfied. Can someone who is finheaven VIP enlighten me as to why one should purchase a VIP membership?

because it supports Finheaven. If you do it for that reason there will be no disappointment. I did not join, I donated beforehand and AJ was kind enough to apply it and allow me in. Inside the VIP Dolphin threads going is slow as there are no troll posts and there are fewer people to make comment. It is very polite and I have noticed that the VIP guys are still polite on the main board to each other. It is a place to go and discuss football without antagonists attacking you and every mis-spelled word you have posted. The TOS is applied tighter(or so they say, no-one that I am aware of has tested this.) but that is good. This may sound silly but I feel a comradeship, team mates if you will, for those who have joined. We have things in common. We are football fans who like to share ideas and debate and we believe in supporting Finheaven for a quality place to do it.

Orange FinFan
08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
because it supports Finheaven. If you do it for that reason there will be no disappointment. I did not join, I donated beforehand and AJ was kind enough to apply it and allow me in. Inside the VIP Dolphin threads going is slow as there are no troll posts and there are fewer people to make comment. It is very polite and I have noticed that the VIP guys are still polite on the main board to each other. It is a place to go and discuss football without antagonists attacking you and every mis-spelled word you have posted. The TOS is applied tighter(or so they say, no-one that I am aware of has tested this.) but that is good. This may sound silly but I feel a comradeship, team mates if you will, for those who have joined. We have things in common. We are football fans who like to share ideas and debate and we believe in supporting Finheaven for a quality place to do it.
Thats a really good answer as well as a great way of looking at it.

UltraDol-Fan
08-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I have signed up at other forums for their payed member extras and I generally wasnt to impressed or satisfied.

Yeah, they always get me with that "See Britney Spears Nude...Members Only" :lol:

j/k

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 07:43 PM
the only reserve i have about it is, if there is only 10 VIP members or something like that, can there really be enough talk to be worth it? im not sure yet.

King Nate
08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
the only reserve i have about it is, if there is only 10 VIP members or something like that, can there really be enough talk to be worth it? im not sure yet.

The more that sign up, the more people there will be to talk about stuff. ;)

And besides, it's all quality, not quantity.

mor911
08-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I just did a count and there is 25 high quality threads, with 10-35 replies on each thread, and several with 100+ views. There is 0 arguing and 0 trolls. :D

dolphinfan2k5
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm thinking about it because I'm so sick of the QB fighting. I think we should support all of them and debating about whos better 5 times after every practice is getting way out of hand, plus all the people that think Berlin should start. :yell:

Anyway.. its only a one time fee right not annual?

unifiedtheory
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM

Actually I think there is around 75 VIP/Premium Members.

I don't think anyone should have reservations about becoming a VIP. The VIP threads are smart. Any questions you have get answered in a concise, meaningful way.

I think I know quite a bit about football but there are guys in the VIP area that KNOW football. It is great stuff.

Right at this second the VIP room is kind of slow. There are many reasons for this.

a) No troll posts. If you took out every "A.J. sucks" thread from the main room it would look kind of slow as well.
b) No spam. No one in the VIP area is looking to pad their post counts by posting the same thread topic in 10 different ways.
c) No Bills fans. That is reason enough. Not to paint all Bill fans with the same brush but, it is nice to go to the posting area and not read about what Willis McGahee had for lunch or how J.P. Losman is the next Brett Favre.
d) This is THE most important reason. It supports this site. If you are a frequent visitor to this site you should support it. I don't think anyone (outside of web designers and site administrators) knows EXACTLY how expensive it is and how much work is involved in a site this deep and up to date. I'm as web designer and I dabble in site admin work and believe me...I FULLY appreciate the work that goes into this place.

Get your VIP...you won't regret it.

RWhitney014
08-17-2005, 11:38 PM
If you have to ask if you want it or not, you probably don't...but if you want to, go for it.

Wildbill3
08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Guys the VIP lounge is like going to grandma's house, You can bring friends, you can talk about anything clean, grandma might even have some advice for you now and again, you get cookies, and you don't have to worry about anything bad happening at grandma's.

stop on in, and have a good clean time, watch your language, and enjoy the cookies!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Slappy8800
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
grandma's house always smelled like mothballs

Wildbill3
08-18-2005, 02:22 AM
grandma's house always smelled like mothballsThat was because of all the cats. I was lucky my grandmother always had the biggest tv + cable.:D

d-day
08-18-2005, 02:58 AM
your darn right it is - it's the best vip lounge in finheaven history - every member has their own personal masseusse, not masseur... masseusse - but, the real excitement of course is going to come at the end of the summer, during sexual awareness week - we import two hundred hookers from around the world, and each member, armed with only a thermos of coffee and two thousand dollars cash, tries to visit as many countries as he can - the winner of course is named king of sexual awareness week and is allowed to rape and pillage the neighboring towns until the week ends...

Wildbill3
08-18-2005, 03:04 AM
your darn right it is - it's the best vip lounge in finheaven history - every member has their own personal masseusse, not masseur... masseusse - but, the real excitement of course is going to come at the end of the summer, during sexual awareness week - we import two hundred hookers from around the world, and each member, armed with only a thermos of coffee and two thousand dollars cash, tries to visit as many countries as he can - the winner of course is named king of sexual awareness week and is allowed to rape and pillage the neighboring towns until the week ends...allowing alcohol at work tonight are they?:lol:

King Nate
08-18-2005, 03:57 AM
your darn right it is - it's the best vip lounge in finheaven history - every member has their own personal masseusse, not masseur... masseusse - but, the real excitement of course is going to come at the end of the summer, during sexual awareness week - we import two hundred hookers from around the world, and each member, armed with only a thermos of coffee and two thousand dollars cash, tries to visit as many countries as he can - the winner of course is named king of sexual awareness week and is allowed to rape and pillage the neighboring towns until the week ends...

I knew there was a reason I signed up! Hooray Sexual Awareness Week! Hooray hookers!

ILPhinFan88
08-18-2005, 10:10 AM

Which week is that, I'm there
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/36_2_23-1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSihp123YYUS)

RWhitney014
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM

:chuckle: d-day is funny.

R_t_Kraken
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM

:roflmao: Great post!

Amars
08-18-2005, 06:16 PM
VIP room is all about topic you want to talk about no SPAM bull crap wasting your time.

Dolfan984
08-18-2005, 06:25 PM

You're one of the deepest people I've ever met.

iDolFan
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM

I'm also iffy about joining....not b/c I'm cheap or nothing,....looking at the people that are "viewing" the VIP forum, its usually only a handfull of people. All the main news, and discussions, as I see it are still in the main forum.

anyway....im going into my 2nd year at Texas Tech, and money is tight right now. Once it picks up (more and more members) and I get some extra $$$, I'll be the next member!!! b/c I love Finheaven, and for the most part, everyone here!!! :drinkers:

Boone
08-20-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm tempted to sign up just to get rid of these damn ads between the posts....