PDA

View Full Version : I Laid a Kid out in practice Today

Doktor Ivel
08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
i'm just a sophmore, i was playing Defensive back, and this Senior widereciever kept blocking me as hard as he could. On the next play i hit him as hard as i could in the jaw with my helmet. He fell to the ground, and the coach yelled at him for not blocking me because they were running it to my side.

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 08:30 PM
i'm just a sophmore, i was playing Defensive back, and this Senior widereciever kept blocking me as hard as he could. On the next play i hit him as hard as i could in the jaw with my helmet. He fell to the ground, and the coach yelled at him for not blocking me because they were running it to my side.

That isn't nice to do to a teammate :lol:. Since we are talking about stories though I think I'll share one.

Let me explain first though, where I live in Canada we have a Varsity league. Basically what that is, is in high school everyone plays on the same team, from 13-19 years old. This is because most of our schools have less than 1000 students.

Now my rookie year I was 13, and a senior (19 year old) on our team played offensive guard, and middle linebacker. I myself was a situational runningback, and started at outside linebacker. Now I was about 165 pounds, and he was 240. So naturally I was scared to death of him.

Well one day we were practicing punt returns, and I am the lead blocker on those. So it is a nice long punt, and our starting runningback/returnman fields it nicely. He runs up a bit, and I start looking for who I am going to lay out, well the only guy I see is the senior I mentioned. Well naturally I went to go hit him, expecting to get canned, and have the returnman tackled.

Instead, I got real low and exploded up on him. He got a nice shot helmet to helmet, and he dropped like stone. He almost wobbled as he went down, guy had a concusion. He was out... I felt pretty good about that.

Buddwalk
08-17-2005, 08:41 PM
nice ivel...eh ok stories...i played 4 years started every year but the best thing i remember was a scrimmage of the freshman team vs the whole varsity team..I play SS and backup running back now..[gonna play vo tech this year again prob cause my school dont have it]

So naturally i was kinda worried we were just gonna get crushed...We ended up beating them 21-7 in the scrimmage and not only that I had a beautiful int return for a td. No broken bones or anything in the game but it was just a wonderful moment for us.

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 08:47 PM
nice ivel...eh ok stories...i played 4 years started every year but the best thing i remember was a scrimmage of the freshman team vs the whole varsity team..I play SS and backup running back now..[gonna play vo tech this year again prob cause my school dont have it]

So naturally i was kinda worried we were just gonna get crushed...We ended up beating them 21-7 in the scrimmage and not only that I had a beautiful int return for a td. No broken bones or anything in the game but it was just a wonderful moment for us.

I wish I was born in the U.S. of A. when it comes to football.

Timmy54
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
My best story for you youngsters. Middle of a playoff game vs the Clinton Darkhorses in NC (where i played my high school ball) we were driving vs their very good Defense. I threw a 7 yard in to our TE that the SS came up and hit him real early and the ref refused to blow the whistle. I ran up arguing the play to no avail, so the very next play, 3rd and 6, I audibled to a similar route which had the TE do the in but then cut up. as he did the in, i zip the ball right at the ref's groin, and he got nailed not only by the ball but the ss again hit him this time early. the umpire warned our bench if i tried that again I was gone. We had to punt but it was well worth it.

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
My best story for you youngsters. Middle of a playoff game vs the Clinton Darkhorses in NC (where i played my high school ball) we were driving vs their very good Defense. I threw a 7 yard in to our TE that the SS came up and hit him real early and the ref refused to blow the whistle. I ran up arguing the play to no avail, so the very next play, 3rd and 6, I audibled to a similar route which had the TE do the in but then cut up. as he did the in, i zip the ball right at the ref's groin, and he got nailed not only by the ball but the ss again hit him this time early. the umpire warned our bench if i tried that again I was gone. We had to punt but it was well worth it.

ala The Longest Yard...

I have never had the balls to do something like that before. Although once I stole a ref's flag because he refused to call obvious penalties on the other team. Coach was not happy about that though.

Prime
08-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Good for you. Just make sure that you don't get cocky over it.

Dolfan984
08-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Two practices ago, I threw an 8 yard TD pass, then the next play our backup QB threw me an 80 yard TD. ;p

Timmy54
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
ala The Longest Yard...

I have never had the balls to do something like that before. Although once I stole a ref's flag because he refused to call obvious penalties on the other team. Coach was not happy about that though.

Yea but i did it before the current longest yard was even a vision in adam sandlers eye, and I had just watched the original (where i got the idea).

My best was I got kicked out of a game for a late hit. Guy intercepted me and was running down the sideline. I made a b-line to him and he just step out of bounds when i clocked him. I got tossed (my only ejection in football), 15 yard unsportsman like, and had to run the 5 miles after practice for being stupid!!! That was when I was a softmore and I never really hit anybody in a game again. I still hated throwing a pick, but hated running more than wanting to hit someone! lol

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Yea but i did it before the current longest yard was even a vision in adam sandlers eye, and I had just watched the original (where i got the idea).

My best was I got kicked out of a game for a late hit. Guy intercepted me and was running down the sideline. I made a b-line to him and he just step out of bounds when i clocked him. I got tossed (my only ejection in football), 15 yard unsportsman like, and had to run the 5 miles after practice for being stupid!!! That was when I was a softmore and I never really hit anybody in a game again. I still hated throwing a pick, but hated running more than wanting to hit someone! lol

Haha, The Longest Yard, is The Longest Yard. The first one was a classic, the the newer one was hilarious.

I have been an unsportsman like machine in the last few years. I get at least one a game... I get alot of block from behind calls as well. But punts, turnovers, and kick returns just make me go crazy. :D

cnc66
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I wish I was born in the U.S. of A. when it comes to football.

and if you were luckier you wouldn't have to wish you were born in F L A. when it comes to January. :goof:

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
and if you were luckier you wouldn't have to wish you were born in F L A. when it comes to January. :goof:

I enjoy cold winters.

King Madison II
08-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I remember when 5 dolphinfans where flaged for excessive celebration after wyatt earp , greise 12 , fasteddie , warfield 34 and I were celebrating after wyatt threw a 20 yrd td pass to fast eddie to help us win the division championship 41 to 31 we were playing our junior year in high school and in the third quarter after wyatt threw for his 2nd td we did this chorus line dance followed by the mooning of a umpire . needless to say i was ejected fast eddie was ejected and warfield went on to score 2 tds. you guys think nick is tough ? i was suspended for 2 games and spent the rest of the school year in detention. i was kicked off the baseball team because of this and the fact our baseball coach was also our football coach . our senior season i pulled a terrel owens / keshuan johnson. and mouthed off to the superintendent and i got suspended for the year and that was the last time i even went to a football game. moral to the story dont ask the superintendent if you can marry his daughter after he catches you with a cheerleader.

FIN-IN-RI
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Two practices ago, I threw an 8 yard TD pass, then the next play our backup QB threw me an 80 yard TD. ;p

Sweet!

cnc66
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I enjoy cold winters.

and rightfully so, you are young and thus very durable.

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 10:12 PM
and rightfully so, you are young and thus very durable.

Snow is heaven. Although 12 months of bikinis is heaven as well. Decisions, decisions.

backpacker
08-17-2005, 10:35 PM
im gonna give one bad and one good.

bad - i was playing with my friends on my street when a kid from another neighborhood i knew came and i swear this kid was around 200 pounds (fat not muscle) and at the time i was like probably 110. i had no idea what was going through my mind, but the big guy got a screen thrown to him and i was covering him so i stepped up right when he got in the grass (grass=tackle, street=two hand touch). and i swear when i went in for the tackle my eyes closed, and right when i opened them, not even a second later, i was on my back, flat out, and everyone laughing their *** off.

good - my friend that ive known since we were born basically, from our parents being friends, loves to run his mouth all the time. and in this particalur game, it was 5 times worse. it was a throwoff (obvious explanation) and he caught it. i hauled *** down the field (well the street) and he went into the grass thinkin he could run me over. boy was he wrong. he stopped after someone put a block on me, to decide where to go. i broke from the block and i picked him up in the air and all he said was "oh sh*t" and then i just dropped him on his back. he sat there for about two minutes just moaning.

Pigskin Pimp
08-18-2005, 03:36 AM
My Junior year in Highschool I got dropped like used condom. I was the #1 CB and made a beautiful pick on the sideline. Well until you go across the middle of the field and experience what's possible for a guy of my size the fear isn't there. So I'm following my blocks across the middle of the field and WHAM, and offensive lineman got me shoulder to shoulder - helmet to helmet and I never saw it coming. I was out on the field for a good 2 minutes. No concussion, but I was never the same running across the middle.

mor911
08-18-2005, 07:25 AM
I have no really cool football stories... I did shoot a guy in the foot once... True sorry :D

UltraDol-Fan
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I got a good hockey story...
when I was a freshman on our hockey team, some guy on the other team was running his mouth the whole game, well eventually he got the puck over by our bench. As soon as I saw that I made a charge at him from about 10 feet away. He was looking to pass so he never saw me until it was too late and I checked him up over the boards and into our bench. No penalty because he had just gotten rid of the puck...man I love hockey.

lbj23_4_mvp
08-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Mine isn't too big, cuz i've only played one year of flag :(. But i sent one kid like 10 feet when we were punting, he was about 3/4 my size and i just did like an offensive linemen move, put my arms into him, and he just flew, lol. He got up right away, but i was already getting the returner. And another time, i was playing D-line. They kept triple teaming me because i got through so easy. They were tripping me up and stuff, so i lowered my head the next play, knocked all three down, and sent one crying to the sidelines because i jammed my elbow in his eye.

dol_fan_81
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Ha ha! do it again until he pee's himself everytime he see's you

Alien
08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
ive been holding my own in practices against our senior right guard who weighs 235 or so, he plays dirty but i stay low and keep a solid base and i dont make plays, but i dont get blown back and i protect my area on the line. as far as lighting people up, the jv team practices in the first session against the freshmen team, and yesterday the varsity needed our corner and safety for a drill, so the coach subbed in the scrub dts and put put me and the other starter at safety and corner, i had a 6'2'' freshmen tightend catch a pass in front of me and i almost cracked him in half. it's hard for me to compete with the varsity linemen though, i mean im 5'8'' and 200 pounds, pretty undersized for varsity (in this day and age) but im the best sophmore on both sides of the line and better than 3/4 of the junior linemen. i just depend on technique and leverage and i normally beat players larger than me.

Dolfan984
08-18-2005, 04:54 PM
ive been holding my own in practices against our senior right guard who weighs 235 or so, he plays dirty but i stay low and keep a solid base and i dont make plays, but i dont get blown back and i protect my area on the line. as far as lighting people up, the jv team practices in the first session against the freshmen team, and yesterday the varsity needed our corner and safety for a drill, so the coach subbed in the scrub dts and put put me and the other starter at safety and corner, i had a 6'2'' freshmen tightend catch a pass in front of me and i almost cracked him in half. it's hard for me to compete with the varsity linemen though, i mean im 5'8'' and 200 pounds, pretty undersized for varsity (in this day and age) but im the best sophmore on both sides of the line and better than 3/4 of the junior linemen. i just depend on technique and leverage and i normally beat players larger than me.

200 pounds is a decent weight for a 15 year old. Try to put on at least 20-30 pounds by your senior year and ask to play DE or something. At that size you should be wrecking shop at that level.

Buddwalk
08-18-2005, 04:58 PM
200 pounds is a decent weight for a 15 year old. Try to put on at least 20-30 pounds by your senior year and ask to play DE or something. At that size you should be wrecking shop at that level.

I need to get fat or something...im 126 lol

4evaFinz
08-18-2005, 05:34 PM
I compete with kids 240-250 for linebacker. I am like 180. Form and speed can be just as useful as size and strength. Utilize every advantage you have.

Jimi
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I compete with kids 240-250 for linebacker. I am like 180. Form and speed can be just as useful as size and strength. Utilize every advantage you have.

Exactly. Im a 155 lb SS but i have good form, hit hard and have good ball skills. We just got two new linemen this year. One 15, one 16. 305 and 325 respectivley:lol:

spydertl79
08-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I got my clocked clean returning a punt once and I killed this one guy who outweighed me by like 60 lbs on a 2 point conversion. I started at FS and PR when I played PAL in Middle School.