PDA

View Full Version : Attention Directv Subscribers!!!

dirtywhiteboy
08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569538

without going into details, i just got off the phone with a csr at dtv. i will be getting an hd-tivo (30 hrs in hd, 200 in sd)installed along with another ota for $103 out of my pocket. i also am getting superfan package (nfl sunday ticket) for free instead of $49.

please, if you are interested, review this thread on the avs forum for more info and see what others got from dtv before you even call them. some csr's don't educate themselves, so you should before dealing with them. the guy i had was great (darrell).

the number to call for customer retention (don't use any other number or just forget about the deals) is 1-800-600-8977. btw, if you read the thread from avs, you will see this hd-tivo was $999, then $649 just recently.
oh yeah, i forgot to tell you i had to sign a 2 year commitment...no biggie.

** i am in NO way affiliated with dtv...except they pull a lot of money out of my bank account every month. just trying to help out fellow phin fans that have helped me out with posts like this before, that's all.

dirtywhiteboy
08-17-2005, 09:41 PM
don't know why this was moved, i was trying to get max exposure to help folks out since A LOT of the fans here can only see phin games on nfl sunday ticket.

jtsacksyou
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
thanks for the heads up on the deal.. my family is lookin into dtv

Califin
08-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Just ordered my DirectTV yesterday, they're supposed to install it tomorrow.
Though I posted here the other night regarding it, and having asked around, nobody really had anything bad to say about the service.
Not sure what all those packages are you stated, but I was still pleasantly surprised how little The Sunday Ticket cost above my existing crappy cable TV I've had for umpteen years, having always assumed DirectTV was too costly.

Can't believe I didn't check on it years ago! :sleep:

Califin
08-17-2005, 10:43 PM
without going into details, i just got off the phone with a csr at dtv. i will be getting an hd-tivo (30 hrs in hd, 200 in sd)installed along with another ota for $103 out of my pocket. i also am getting superfan package (nfl sunday ticket) for free instead of $49.

Just followed the link, must be nice having the Excalibur HD system,
My monitors from the stone age.
I'm just glad not to have to go bar hoppin' 10 am sunday mornings and STILL miss opening kickoffs.

phins17
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey good heads up on this deal.

CrunchTime
08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
IMO There is nothing wrong with the thread.It just belongs to the Lounge where I am sure there will be interested members.

gottahavefootba
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=569538

please, if you are interested, review this thread on the avs forum for more info and see what others got from dtv before you even call them. some csr's don't educate themselves, so you should before dealing with them. the guy i had was great (darrell).

the number to call for customer retention (don't use any other number or just forget about the deals) is 1-800-600-8977. btw, if you read the thread from avs, you will see this hd-tivo was $999, then $649 just recently.
oh yeah, i forgot to tell you i had to sign a 2 year commitment...no biggie.

** i am in NO way affiliated with dtv...except they pull a lot of money out of my bank account every month. just trying to help out fellow phin fans that have helped me out with posts like this before, that's all.

I just called and the best they would give me is $649 - $100 rebate. What did you tell them to get tat price? I told her I was gonna switch to Comcast and she said then I would lose my NFL ticket. :fire:

phins17
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I just called and the best they would give me is $649 - $100 rebate. What did you tell them to get tat price? I told her I was gonna switch to Comcast and she said then I would lose my NFL ticket. :fire:

Call again all you need is someone that wants to help.

FinsNYanksFan13
09-08-2005, 01:53 AM
No directV up at college but if I truly wanted to I could con my grandparents into getting in installed into the house. They know nothing about new technology so whenever I come through with an idea for a new computer or new dvd or whatever they always buy it (or whenever they want to buy or need something they come to me for advice). If I lived closer to home, I would be conning them for sure. I guess the NFL Field Pass will do for now unless anyone wants to let me watch on their webcams lol!