PDA

View Full Version : Favorite plays in madden

JJbeatsRINGO
08-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Thought it would be cool to make a post where people can put their favorite plays they had in madden

mine is i started a franchise w/ the cardinals and i traded warner to the saints for adrian mcpherson, boo williams, and a 6th, but anyways i was play w/ mcpherson and he threw a pick, then hit sticked the cb and made him fumble the ball and picked it up and returned it for a td

alx
08-18-2005, 05:46 PM
The kickoff i just returned for a TD with Welker!!!!

4evaFinz
08-18-2005, 05:56 PM
31 Dive, Ricky Williams at the HB.

:lol:

For years I ran it 2 times, then I threw a playaction pass out of bounds, and punted. Was tremendous fun.

Amars
08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Playaction Randy Mcmike kill people online with that for atleast a first down.

PhinsPhan
08-18-2005, 06:21 PM

For years I ran it 2 times, then I threw a playaction pass out of bounds, and punted. Was tremendous fun.

haha sounds like Wannyball except a little bit more adventurous and risky.

I thought you were going to ask favorite plays to run. Not of specific plays that happend. Btw, I can't believe you traded Warner. In this game he is sweet, he sees like 80% of the field and has a good arm to boot.

Favorite Play:
Would have to be the SuperBowl of the Dolphins vs the Saints.
This was in 2003 I think. Brock Marion had got injured with 4 games left in the season and so Scott McGarahan came in to back him up. I was worried because Scott was not rated well at all. Well he ended playing his heart out for me. He never made a mistake and always tried his best. I didn't even notice Marion was gone and soon McGarahan was "like a son to me."

Well due to his spectacular play I end up reaching the Superbowl, mostly piggybacking on the fine play of Scotty (and the rest of the team).
Now in the Superbowl I am up 6 points after a long scoring drive with about 13 seconds left in the 4th quarter. This game is won as long as the kickoff is not returned for a TD. I get a little scare and it is returned to about the 35 yard line but low and behold Scott comes up and makes the big game saving tackle.

So there is now 8 seconds left and the computer tries it's feable attempt to win the game and lines up in a 4 WR to do a Hail Mary. I call a complete Prevent with only 3 rushers. Back all my secondary off. Then it happens. Aaron Brooks throws a bomb about 50 yards down the field. Scott McGarahan jumps to intercept the ball and cap off a remarkable season. Instead he ends up blocking the path of Madison and Shawn Wooden to the ball. Jerome Pathon makes the catch and has a clear path to the endzone. TD. They kick the extra point. McGarahan gets cut from the team with authority in the offseason.

My roomate was watching all this happen and he laughed his *** off. Now he always makes fun of me because I would do my best Tony D'Amato imperssonation and say "Scott is like a son to me." Then he completely ruins my season with the most idiotic play I have ever seen a player make.

HugeFinFan
08-19-2005, 12:54 AM

I thought you were going to ask favorite plays to run. Not of specific plays that happend. Btw, I can't believe you traded Warner. In this game he is sweet, he sees like 80% of the field and has a good arm to boot.

Favorite Play:
This was in 2003 I think. Brock Marion had got injured with 4 games left in the season and so Scott McGarahan came in to back him up. I was worried because Scott was not rated well at all. Well he ended playing his heart out for me. He never made a mistake and always tried his best. I didn't even notice Marion was gone and soon McGarahan was "like a son to me."

Well due to his spectacular play I end up reaching the Superbowl, mostly piggybacking on the fine play of Scotty (and the rest of the team).
Now in the Superbowl I am up 6 points after a long scoring drive with about 13 seconds left in the 4th quarter. This game is won as long as the kickoff is not returned for a TD. I get a little scare and it is returned to about the 35 yard line but low and behold Scott comes up and makes the big game saving tackle.

So there is now 8 seconds left and the computer tries it's feable attempt to win the game and lines up in a 4 WR to do a Hail Mary. I call a complete Prevent with only 3 rushers. Back all my secondary off. Then it happens. Aaron Brooks throws a bomb about 50 yards down the field. Scott McGarahan jumps to intercept the ball and cap off a remarkable season. Instead he ends up blocking the path of Madison and Shawn Wooden to the ball. Jerome Pathon makes the catch and has a clear path to the endzone. TD. They kick the extra point. McGarahan gets cut from the team with authority in the offseason.

My roomate was watching all this happen and he laughed his *** off. Now he always makes fun of me because I would do my best Tony D'Amato imperssonation and say "Scott is like a son to me." Then he completely ruins my season with the most idiotic play I have ever seen a player make.

:rofl: Saw that coming :lol:

PhinsPhan
08-19-2005, 12:27 PM
:rofl: Saw that coming :lol:

Thanks for actually reading the story. I thought no one would.

To this day Scott McGarahan still haunts me. Everytime a team lines up for a hail mary at the end of the game I have flashbacks.

Bobby Humphrey
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Favorite Play:

i read it too, and loved it

spydertl79
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
PhinsPhan wins, although he has the most unoriginal name ever.

burger13
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM

:roflmao:

I don't know if it is just me....but that was hilarious!!

spydertl79
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
:roflmao:

I don't know if it is just me....but that was hilarious!!
I laughed as well, maybe some people just didn't get it.

JJbeatsRINGO
08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Btw, I can't believe you traded Warner. In this game he is sweet, he sees like 80% of the field and has a good arm to boot.

yeah i know warner is good, i jus wanted to try out a young qb, and since i like mcpherson jus wanted to see how he played out

PhinsPhan
08-21-2005, 03:00 AM
PhinsPhan wins, although he has the most unoriginal name ever.

Haha

It is unoriginal. It is my Xbox gamertag though and I use it all forums so when I came here I used it. I was suprised it wasnt taken. It is just another variation of finsfan in this place but other places it isnt that bad.