PDA

View Full Version : No holds barred forum

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 10:17 AM
How many of you people would be willing to put up a one time fee of $5.00 to join this club where ANYTHING goes? It would be a closed forum for members only.

Pierpont_Weaver
11-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Just a couple of points to consider...

If you do no holds it is going to get awfully raunchy in there. There will be smack ran that raises your eyebrows more than a couple of notches, and you have to be willing to shake your head in amazement and let it ride.

Secondly, even no holds doesn't mean everthing goes. For example, at Zs we don't allow the N word, the C word (for women), frontal nudity (enough sites for that), or rotten.com type gore pictures. We also have a couple of informal rules -- we discourage attacks on posters family members (that sends some folks ballistic for reasons I've never quite understood) and - since we have a members photo album and some of us do a lot of photo-editing of those pictures - we limit that editing to people who have given permission for their pictures to be messed with.

And obviously, spamming tons of nonsense threads in a short time, or the kind of spamming harmonkoz did over at Zs -- spamming every thread with gibbersih -- will get killed.

The point isn't to encourage those rules here, but if you're asking people to plunk down five bucks some of the more feeble-minded ones will think they've bought carte-blanche. I suggest you decide just what you will tolerate (and then resign yourself to tolerating it) before you start collecting money.

I'll kick $5.

Sniper
11-12-2002, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with $5. Heck... I'll throw in a little extra.

Judging from the people lurking during the last slugfest in here, you could probably make much more money by charging the lurkers admission:lol:

Seriously, here's something you may want to consider. Maybe you could change that fee to a suggested donation? The reason being a lot of the smack talk starts when other team's fans come in here. I'm not sure how willing they would be to put money up front just to be able to talk trash. Think about it this way... would you go to another website, pay money, and then start smacking the fans? I don't know if I would...

Plus new blood always makes smack talk more interesting ;)

Sniper
11-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Pierpont_Weaver
Secondly, even no holds doesn't mean everthing goes. For example, at Zs we don't allow the N word, the C word (for women), frontal nudity (enough sites for that), or rotten.com type gore pictures. We also have a couple of informal rules -- we discourage attacks on posters family members (that sends some folks ballistic for reasons I've never quite understood) and - since we have a members photo album and some of us do a lot of photo-editing of those pictures - we limit that editing to people who have given permission for their pictures to be messed with.

And obviously, spamming tons of nonsense threads in a short time, or the kind of spamming harmonkoz did over at Zs -- spamming every thread with gibbersih -- will get killed.

I'll agree with that. There does have to be a need for some minimal standards and those seem like a good place to start.

Sniper
11-12-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
I'm not sure how willing they would be to put money up front just to be able to talk trash. Think about it this way... would you go to another website, pay money, and then start smacking the fans? I don't know if I would...

Actually the only kind of website this business model would work for would be a Patsies website. :lol: The Patsies' fans are the ONLY ones I would pay to smack.

Brady sucks!

:nesucks:

harmonkoz
11-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Pierpont_Weaver

The only time I posted spam was on your little crappy a$$ short story threads... Maybe four posts total numb-nuts. Just a little harmless source code. :evil:

Every thread LMAO, kind of like an urban legend, just keeps growing and growing.

I am game Captain, anyplace I can smack Nancy Pierpont around and not get the TOS thrown in my face.

I am definitely game. :evil:

WharfRat
11-12-2002, 02:44 PM
:evil: I'm in!!! When do you want me to send the $5?? :evil:

I also agree with Peirpont (never thought I'd ever say that!) There should be some limits... his suggestions were good ones...

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Some good points here. I`ve been away most of the day and haven`t talked to AJ yet. He`s away right now.

SoFL-Cheesehead
11-12-2002, 08:30 PM
I am in!!

bigbry
11-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Yup, I'm in. And I must agree on those limits.

BB

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 09:52 PM
I came up with the name...."The Black Hole". That sound good?

Sniper
11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
The Black Hole! I like it. Something that kind of sucks you in. Something you can't escape. Very fitting.

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 09:59 PM
The Black Hole! I like it. Something that kind of sucks you in. Something you can't escape. Very fitting.

You`re STILL not gettin` any more points points out of me. :D :lol:

Sniper
11-12-2002, 10:04 PM
So is this new forum a go?

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 10:09 PM
So is this new forum a go?

Workin` on it bro.

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 10:12 PM
AJ says it`s interesting....he`s away from the pute again.

Sabre Ally
11-13-2002, 01:31 AM
I just donated $20 last week. Now I have to donate another $5 if I want into the Black Hole? :confused:

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I just donated $20 last week. Now I have to donate another $5 if I want into the Black Hole? :confused:

Of course not, Ally. AJ went to bed tho and we`ll have to fix it tomorrow.

Sabre Ally
11-13-2002, 01:59 AM
Ok :)

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Let Me in!!!!! Let Me in!!!!!

I donated $30... but I'll send another $5 if you let me in now!!! :evil:

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Have to wait till AJ gets home, Wharf. Those who have already contriuted to the site, won`t have to pay to get in.

iceblizzard69
11-13-2002, 05:19 PM
I sent him 20 bucks but I don't think he has recieved it yet, actually I know he didn't because I got lazy and didn't send it until an hour ago.

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I sent him 20 bucks but I don't think he has recieved it yet, actually I know he didn't because I got lazy and didn't send it until an hour ago.

:lol:

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Have to wait till AJ gets home, Wharf. Those who have already contriuted to the site, won`t have to pay to get in.

Check is in the mail ... as of last Friday... he's probably gotten it by now, but if he hasn't, do I have to wait until he does?

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Check is in the mail ... as of last Friday... he's probably gotten it by now, but if he hasn't, do I have to wait until he does?

you`re in. :cool: