PDA

View Full Version : How many points did you lose?

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 09:03 PM
When we switched back to this format, I deleted a lot of non-NFL related smack threads.

In the process, we all lost points. The points thing is new and it never entered my mind.

Give me an honest estimate of how many points you lost and I`ll see if I can get them restored.

I`ve got Sniper down for 200.

Who else?

iceblizzard69
11-12-2002, 09:04 PM
I lost around 50

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I lost around 50

50 it is.

Sniper
11-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Very clever cap! You 'accidentaly' erase our points. Start up a thread which coincidentily RAISES your point total AND makes you seem like a nice and fair guy! Sneaky!

I see how you operate ;)

Sniper
11-12-2002, 09:18 PM
:lol:

FinHeavenAJ
11-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Ok... I made you all rich again... who else? lmao

bigbry
11-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ

It was about 9000, but I'll settle for 50.:lol:

BB

Sniper
11-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ

Thanks AJ!:up:

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Very clever cap! You 'accidentaly' erase our points. Start up a thread which coincidentily RAISES your point total AND makes you seem like a nice and fair guy! Sneaky!

I see how you operate ;)

LMAO!....AJ just gave me points for puttin` up with all you heathens. :lol:

Pierpont_Weaver
11-12-2002, 10:51 PM
If it is non football related that got deleted I lost all my points. :)

Capt. Dick
11-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Pierpont_Weaver
If it is non football related that got deleted I lost all my points. :)

What`s your best guess PW....I`ll get um back.

Pierpont_Weaver
11-13-2002, 01:19 AM
I'm just kidding. I don't know what points even are.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Pierpont_Weaver
I'm just kidding. I don't know what points even are.

I`m not into it either but it`s explained on the front page....top left corner....click on STORE.

thefisherking
11-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Oh yeah right...now there were friggin POINTS ....

Ya' know Capn' Dick...sometimes I think you wouldn't know the difference between a marlin and a bullhead...

Seriously I think I lost well over 2500...not counting football Talk..which was personally going well until you butted in.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by thefisherking
Oh yeah right...now there were friggin POINTS ....

Ya' know Capn' Dick...sometimes I think you wouldn't know the difference between a marlin and a bullhead...

Seriously I think I lost well over 2500...not counting football Talk..which was personally going well until you butted in.

They`re both in the tuna family, right?

thefisherking
11-13-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
They`re both in the tuna family, right?

Sorry Charlie......:p

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 02:26 AM
snapper?

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 09:32 AM
Cap... I lost about 200 points... I was over 200, then after your post raid, I was in negative numbers....

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Cap... I lost about 200 points... I was over 200, then after your post raid, I was in negative numbers....

ok....I`ll take care of it when AJ gets home later.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 10:27 AM
Capt. I have no idea how many I lost so give me whatever 06 is having. Hell, double it. What my posts lack in quantity they more than make up for in quality and sheer wittyness.

Stay dry, we sure as hell aren't.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by RobertHoover
Capt. I have no idea how many I lost so give me whatever 06 is having. Hell, double it. What my posts lack in quantity they more than make up for in quality and sheer wittyness.

Stay dry, we sure as hell aren't.

The main line of storms came through a couple hrs ago. Knocked the power out, but is on now.

As far as your 1st paragraph.....:lol: ......I`ll see what I can do hoover. :lol:

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 10:43 AM
We had a Nor'easter come in yesterday and the bastard won't leave. Raining like a son-of-a-bitch and windy as hell.

Of course we are better off than those poor bastards in middle american with the tornados.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 10:50 AM
We had a Nor'easter come in yesterday and the bastard won't leave. Raining like a son-of-a-bitch and windy as hell.

Of course we are better off than those poor bastards in middle american with the tornados.

Yeah....the line of storms that hit us is the same that spawned the tornadoes to the other parts of the US. Luckily we got the tail end and no significant amount of damage was done.

btw....who do you guys play Sun?

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 10:54 AM
We are in KC. Hopefully the scoring machine gets rolling again. (Ours not theirs).

We have a bad streatch coming up. We could just as easily be 8-4 or 5-7 when you come to Rich Stadium.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 10:58 AM
We are in KC. Hopefully the scoring machine gets rolling again. (Ours not theirs).

We have a bad streatch coming up. We could just as easily be 8-4 or 5-7 when you come to Rich Stadium.

Well, the same goes for us. League parity has made this season interesting. Lucas better get his **** together quick.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure I like this version of the NFL. I know the league wants everyone the same but it's getting silly.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure I like this version of the NFL. I know the league wants everyone the same but it's getting silly.

More viewers are tuning in to the games now, thinking their team has a chance. That`s definately good for the system. Although I`d like to see the Phins blow everybody out, parity is good for the game.

KC whopped us. It will be interesting to see how you guys fare.

NE is looking more stupid by the week in offing Bledsoe to you guys. One of the dumbest moves I`ve seen in football. Right up there with the H. Walker trade and the R. Williams drafting.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Drew does seem cheap for one first round pick (looks like between 15-22 or so).

NE did have to dump one of them and held onto a good young QB but giving him to us was a mistake.

I know parity is good for TV but teams are so streaky now it just makes my head spin some sundays. I wonder how Vegas is doing in theis new system.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Drew does seem cheap for one first round pick (looks like between 15-22 or so).

NE did have to dump one of them and held onto a good young QB but giving him to us was a mistake.

I know parity is good for TV but teams are so streaky now it just makes my head spin some sundays. I wonder how Vegas is doing in theis new system.

I`m getting old. When we lose now, I just nod my head, go make a glass of warm milk and try to remember where I last left the remote. Sometimes I find it in the refridgerator.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 11:25 AM
Just don't lose the slippers and don't crap in the livingroom and you'll be fine.

To be honest, as much as I love the Bills and my Syracuse Orangeman (my almamater) I brush off wins and losses pretty easily now. I have to much on my plate to let a game get to me.

As I told my wife after wide right (my first year in Jersey living in Giants country) "Honey, I don't get a day off or a bigger paycheck if the kick was on the money so it just isn't that important"

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Just don't lose the slippers and don't crap in the livingroom and you'll be fine.

To be honest, as much as I love the Bills and my Syracuse Orangeman (my almamater) I brush off wins and losses pretty easily now. I have to much on my plate to let a game get to me.

As I told my wife after wide right (my first year in Jersey living in Giants country) "Honey, I don't get a day off or a bigger paycheck if the kick was on the money so it just isn't that important"

I`d guess your age in the mid to late thirties.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm 34 but with a 2 year old I age quickly now.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Let me edit that, she wasn't my wife during that SB, we just were shacking up but don't tell her mom.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 11:33 AM

I was pretty close.

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Captain I think, I PM'ed the total to you the other day. If you have a copy, I already deleted it. 150 or something like that.

Capt. Dick
11-13-2002, 12:16 PM
ok harmon....got it.

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 02:02 PM

Try a 10 yr old, AND a 2 yr old!!! both girls!
:eek:

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 02:26 PM
Won't trying a 10 year old get me put in jail?

As one of these Jets folks, I'm sure they would know.

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 02:28 PM
Won't trying a 10 year old get me put in jail?

As one of these Jets folks, I'm sure they would know.

That would be funny if we weren't talkin about my daughter! That's how people get shot.... :mad:

;)

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm not talking about your daughter, just a general question.

Kids do age us quickly don't they?

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 02:31 PM
I think Hoov is feeling a little froggy today... No?

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 02:33 PM
My days have sucked lately to be honest. The one crappy part of working for the gov't is I CAN'T FIRE PEOPLE.

And man do I want to.

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Well don't go Postal on us Hoov. ;)

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Not on a military base Koz, these boys would shoot me down quick. They are getting itchy and would love a live target.

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh damn didn't know you worked on base. That would not be cool at all.

I used to have to run service calls to Defense Mapping in St. Louis, I know what you are talking about.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 02:50 PM
I'm a contractor working for the Army. Just environmental cleanup, nothing with weapons or anything although I do look for and clean up explosives.

And since people who work for or with me are either union or civil service I can't just say you're fired and mean it.

Why can't people just do what they are told or what they are hired for? How come it's a damn struggle all the time?

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Environmental Biology degree too Hoov? I have a brother at ORNL that is doing Environmental Biology.

As far as people doing what they are told and hired for, I hear you, you run in to that everywhere, especially union shops.

Personally, I have found there are only three things you need to do to be successful.

a. Show up on time.
b. Show up ready to work.
c. Follow instructions.

75% of the people in the United States cannot do those three simple things consistently.

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 03:13 PM
My problem Koz is I was raised a farm kid by a demanding dad. I foolishly expect everyone to work as hard as I did and as I do.

My wife has to remind me all the time that lots of people just aren't that way.

harmonkoz
11-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Ah yes, cutting hay, throwing hay, mending fence, picking up rocks, cutting wood, burning trash, 5 am mornings, midnight harvests.

I would not have wanted to be raised anywhere else.

And your wife is right.

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Which base are you on Hoov? You don't come all the way down to Dix do ya?

thefisherking
11-13-2002, 04:36 PM
....hauling bales when its 110 degrees......sleeping in the truck while you're in line at the elevator...........:cool:

RobertHoover
11-13-2002, 04:37 PM
I work at Ft. Monmouth in Eatontown WR.

I don't travel to Dix but do work for them on samples they bring us. There and Lakehurst and Maguire as well.

WharfRat
11-13-2002, 05:25 PM
I used to work up near Ft. Monmouth! That was when I lived in the Cherry Hill area, that was a long commute.....
I wouldn't even think about it now that I'm way down here in Cape May county.... :shakeno: as it is, it takes me almost an hour to get to work outside A.C.