PDA

View Full Version : SuperStar Mode

Mitchy71
08-21-2005, 08:01 PM
So what gives with that??? Has anyone been drafted by Miami? With a fun position?? I mean, sure you could make a Center and possibly be drafted by them. Same with a punter. But where is the fun in that? I cut Holliday as my LE ( or was it Carter???) so Roth is the starter. My guy I made (not my NCAA QB) had a Hall of Fame WR as a dad, and a boxer for a mom. I know, sounds butch to me too. Anyways, my rookie LE was picked by the Rams who also have Leonard Little who is a 93 and signed long term. Makes no sense to me.

Although, drafted in the third round with the 2nd pick (thanks a lot Wanny you jerk!!) my guy is a 97 overall. 88 SPD, 88ACC, 88 TAK, and 70's in STR and AWR. Seems like a nice compliment to Taylor on the other side, wouldnt he?

Best I can do now is light up the league and either hope to sign as a FA, or demand to be traded. But what fun is playing with the Rams?

GatorFinFan
08-21-2005, 08:19 PM
yeah i was a running back and got drafted by miami. go figure....

footballer
08-21-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah i was a running back and got drafted by miami. go figure....
insurance......

AirFishOne
08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I was a QB and drafted in the Second Round

burger13
08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
There doesn't seem to be ANY logic as to which team you are drafted to......as far as need goes. I've read a lot on other forums with SS QB's getting drafted to the Bengals, Redskins, Bears and other teams who have just drafted a 1st round QB.

My SS CB was drafted to the Panthers, and wound up 4th on the depth chart behind Lucas, Gamble and Manning. If the logic was there, they wouldn't have taken a Cb with their 2nd pick.

As for trades, you cna demand a trade, but have no say as to where you go, you are just instantly assigned to another team. You can do 2 per season I think.

Free agency offers SOME option, but from what I saw, you only get 5-6 options to choose from.

I still think that SS mode is pretty cool...but they could have improved certain things like these IMO.

Mitchy71
08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Is that Superstar mode blows. It is boring and no fun. So my all pro bowl Rookie LE isnt marketable because I don't talk to my agent? Thats all this is, to see how much money you can make. And, oh yeah, Look at the new house you get. Much easier to do all this by simming. And I did get traded to the dolphins by randomly demanding it. And resetting each time they didn't. Whoopie. Plus they had to trade Zach for me. Crappy.

1) Practices are stupid and there are far too many of them. Same with Focus. Even annoying just changing the stupid plays back and forth. And you are supposed to do this, what 30 or 40 times in the preseason alone? With at least 10 repitions a piece? I would rather watch paint dry.
2) Performance Institue is repetive and boring. How many times can I do the tackle drill? Against Ricky every time. With Jones in my backfield. Nice variety.
3)Terrel Davis sends me a message every day congratulating me on making the starting Roster. Which I have been since day 1. Nice realism. Unless he is now Autistic.
4)Movies are stupid. One puncuation mark missed and you get a lower score? I did, got 3 out of 4. How do you miss pronounce a comma as opposed to a hypen mark anyways?
5) The entire Mirror thing is stupid too. Its a no brainer how to make your guy look good, just the same basic equipment each time. Same when you first create him, just move the muscle sliders up until they start going down. And give him an Afro. Whoopie! Man max at the start of the game.
6) Without a human GM, the teams are stupid. As I said, I lost Zach and Seau retired. (Again. Same as in madden 2004, and 2005. 1 Season and he is gone. He is still here though in 2006. Think they might import some randomability into this game that Seau might play until he is 50??) My team drafted 3 crappy LOLB's. Leaving Derrick Pope on the Right. And another DT. Oh yeah, they also drafted another friggin RB!!. Only Ricky and Ronnie were still left on the roster. And 1 of those guys shouldn't be there either. Thats some smart management.

So basically my advice is this. If you want to play with your own Superstar , maybe create your guy or import him. Use the Superstar Creation menu. Grab a pen, and write them all down. Then exit out and go to create a player option and make your guy. Hell, you can even customize his face and body. So he doesn't look like Battista from the WWF. Then assign him to the Dolphins or FA and sign him when you play a Franchise. If you like starting rookies that are 85+ overall. And still drafted in the third round. Don't worry about cap room, as they still signed my guy for 7.6 million a year. Highest paid DE in the game, right out of the blocks.

Oh yeah, I played my guy in every formation I could, special teams, kickoffs, and punt returns as well as every defensive formation. Makes for a lot of fun playing one stupid defender and just trying to get tackles and sacks with him. Screw the rest of the team as well. That was ok when I was with the Rams, but now its personal.

P.S Madden is still an idiot. Even in franchise, turn off those stupid comments. My favorite was my first pre season game. My second tackle and I got the "This guy has been in the league for awhile now, and this might be as good as he ever gets." Im friggin 21 years old in the preseason. In fact all the comments are the Same ones as last year, this game is just basically a Roster update with that QB vision and thats the only real difference from Madden 2005.

But the new burnout game is fun. ;)

Agent51
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
3)Terrel Davis sends me a message every day congratulating me on making the starting Roster. Which I have been since day 1. Nice realism. Unless he is now Autistic.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!! Quote of the year so far

Speaker
08-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Hmm...I've simulated a lot

My guy hasn't had the greatest "simulation career"

Drafted By Miami :(
2005-Miami 15 TD, 20 INT, 2519 YDS
2006-Miami 25 TD, 16 INT, 3085 YDS
2007-Miami 19 TD, 12 INT, 2792 YDS
2008-Chicago 16 TD, 27 INT, 2613 YDS
2009-Chicago 20 TD, 15 INT, 2749 YDS
2010-Philidelphia 13 TD, 19 INT, 2335 YDS
2011-Buffalo :D (only week 1) 2 TD, 2 INT, 155 YDS

Slappy8800
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
i got drafted third round by the jags and beat leftwich our for the starting position....

Mitchy71
08-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I just did another one for giggles. Drafted 3rd round. Hall of Fame QB dad and track star mom. My QB is 84 overall with 88 speed and 90 AGI and ACC. And 88 THP with (only??) 76 THA.

Get this part though. Drafted by San Fran. Beating out Alex Smith as starting QB.

I am actually enjoying this part for the stupidity factor alone. Can you imagine the other 31 GM's in the league being fired for passing me up? "Who is that young, incredibly fast QB. Man he runs like Vick and throws like Peyton. Nawww, lets take Maurice Clarrett instead."

MillerTime
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
I, UNFORTUANLETLY, got drafted by Miami, and the only reason I didnt start over was because I was an 88 overall and easily had the starting job. Im a QB, BTW

Nappy Roots
08-23-2005, 11:41 PM
i was a QB, got drafted by the 9ers in the 3rd round :rolleyes:. i was 81 as rookie. great thing is that i only got a 2 year contract, and after 2 years, i got offered a contract by the dolphins, in which i signed with them and im the starting QB for them.

Wildbill3
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
I created a QB, (first time) and got drafted by the raiders, starter day one, and after simming a couple of seasons, I signed with the chiefs for one year, switched agents to the best one availible, and so far my guy is up to 90 ovr.

The second guy I created, I simmed up to the draft, and saved it, and then I entered the draft, after like 10 tries Miami finally drafted the QB, and again I was the starter with an 85 ovr. (97thp 83ac) after simming 4 seasons where the team kept losing and my guy kept ave. a 65 qBrating, I have givin up on playing as the dolphins in Superstar mode until they update Sabans ratings.

Slappy8800
08-24-2005, 12:23 AM
oh im a 90 overall right out of teh draft...tho my season goals are sick

30 TDS
like 3500 yards
and win teh SB

Dolfan984
08-24-2005, 03:41 AM
I just did another one for giggles. Drafted 3rd round. Hall of Fame QB dad and track star mom. My QB is 84 overall with 88 speed and 90 AGI and ACC. And 88 THP with (only??) 76 THA.

You have my exact stats. You have mad scrambles with 88 speed.

UCFinfan86
08-24-2005, 06:32 AM

THat is what my QB is, the same thign for hte parents as well.

Motion
08-24-2005, 09:49 AM
WTF you gotta do to get a top agent? And how do you increase your visibility and popularity ratings?

Motion
08-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Anyone know how to improve your visibility, popularity, and marketability ratings?

Al13
08-29-2005, 05:56 AM
i´m a WR and got drafted 3rd round by the cowboys :( , where do you see the contract you signed ? i never signed one but already played the first game of the regular season, i wanna get out of there asap

Motion
08-29-2005, 08:06 AM
i´m a WR and got drafted 3rd round by the cowboys :( , where do you see the contract you signed ? i never signed one but already played the first game of the regular season, i wanna get out of there asap

You don't see a contract til after your 2nd season. If you want out of Dallas go to your Agent's office on the map and demand a trade, although you have no control of where you end up.

Wildbill3
08-29-2005, 09:02 AM
WTF you gotta do to get a top agent? And how do you increase your visibility and popularity ratings?winning increases popularity, visabiltiy increases if you are in movies and the super bowl.

Motion
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
winning increases popularity, visabiltiy increases if you are in movies and the super bowl.

I just started my third season. I've won the following:

Offensive Rookie of the Year
Wide Receiver of the Year (x2)
Regular Season MVP
Super Bowl MVP
Pro Bowl (x2)

And my visibility and popularity are terrible. And my marketability is like half.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Al13
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
You don't see a contract til after your 2nd season. If you want out of Dallas go to your Agent's office on the map and demand a trade, although you have no control of where you end up.

LOL , did and guess who picked me up....IT WAS MIAMI ....:lol:

thx for the tip :up:

woolhoss
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I made myself a TE and my father was a speedster WR in the pros, and now I'm a TE with 97 speed. haha. After 4 seasons, I've been to the ProBowl 4 times, 2 Superbowl MVP's, and have become an Icon (All of this with 14 of 16 games in each year simulated). After I reached an overall rating of 99, the top agents become open to me and now I have that Culkin guy who got me a 78+ million dollar contract/25+ million signing bonus w/ Seattle. If only McMike wasn't around I could be a Fin, but thats highly unlikely.

btw... my first 2 seasons we in Philly and won 2 SuperBowls and the I signed w/ Arizona and took them from 2-14 to 10-6, in 2 seasons (mostly simulated)

Motion
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I made myself a TE and my father was a speedster WR in the pros, and now I'm a TE with 97 speed. haha. After 4 seasons, I've been to the ProBowl 4 times, 2 Superbowl MVP's, and have become an Icon (All of this with 14 of 16 games in each year simulated). After I reached an overall rating of 99, the top agents become open to me and now I have that Culkin guy who got me a 78+ million dollar contract/25+ million signing bonus w/ Seattle. If only McMike wasn't around I could be a Fin, but thats highly unlikely.

btw... my first 2 seasons we in Philly and won 2 SuperBowls and the I signed w/ Arizona and took them from 2-14 to 10-6, in 2 seasons (mostly simulated)

Impressive

Mitchy71
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Doesnt matter what Team has who. You can be traded anywhere. Like being drafted as 97 Rookie DE like I was to the Rams. Where they have Leonard Little, who is a 90+ himself.

Or being Drafted as an 87QB in the third round, 1st overall to San Fran. Where I started over ALex Smith.

Basically Computer don't have a brain, and its all random.

leinart06
08-29-2005, 09:01 PM

you must be black then because i'm white and i'm always slow like 66 speed