PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Madden sayings

arnoldu
08-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Let's hear some Madden sayings which are funny\stupid. I'll start:

Madden(tonights seahawks\cowboys game): Anthony Thomas is a really good runner when he has blockin' and a hole to go through.

Duh?! :goof:

Roman529
08-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Let's hear some Madden sayings which are funny\stupid. I'll start:

Madden(tonights seahawks\cowboys game): Anthony Thomas is a really good runner when he has blockin' and a hole to go through.

Duh?! :goof:

My favorite" "The team that scores the most usually wins."

REALLY John??:lol:

Megatron
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
"You need to have penatration in the A-hole if you are going to be successful on the run" Madden referring to the A-gap between the center and guard.

Phinz1972
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
My favorite" "The team that scores the most usually wins."

:sidelol: That one always make me laugh.

arnoldu
08-22-2005, 10:23 PM
"You need to have penatration in the A-hole if you are going to be successful on the run" Madden referring to the A-gap between the center and guard.

lol that's hilarious! he really said that? he doesn't even know when it sounds dirty, last week he ...and the guy was in the parkin lot massaging himself...lol

leinart06
08-22-2005, 10:27 PM

ha ha ha ha i love that one

beejay05
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
"Thats what happens when an imovable object meets and unstopple force"

SmokinGunz
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
"When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to."

aj13
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
"you know...theres some teams that can screen and some teams that cant screen...ya got your teams that can always run the screen and you got those teams that can't..."

ugh, please for the love of something intelligent, pleaseeeee get a new color man...or else its another season of mnf on mute...

leinart06
08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
" If it hits ur hands you got to catch it" that may not be funny but no ****

MarinoNotElway
08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
He's annoying! All he does is state the obvious. I want to punch the TV every time he explains how a QB cant throw the ball away until he is out of the box, cause he seems to do that at least once every game.

Roman529
08-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Some more stuff that John has ACTUALLY said:

1. Regarding Brett Favre losing a contact lens in a game.... "here's a guy, that when he puts his contacts in he can see better."

2. In this years hall of fame game: "Well ya see, the team is trying to get past that yellow line."

3. Brett Favre is the Brett Favre Of Football.

4. Now what the offense wants to do is try to score here, and the defense has to stop them.

WitheringPlant
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
merge?

ChuckKLINGBEIL
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
i hate that raider! he always picks on the dolphins also

arnoldu
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Madden is the master of saying the obvious!

yankeehillbilly
08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Some more stuff that John has ACTUALLY said:

1. Regarding Brett Favre losing a contact lens in a game.... "here's a guy, that when he puts his contacts in he can see better."

2. In this years hall of fame game: "Well ya see, the team is trying to get past that yellow line."

3. Brett Favre is the Brett Favre Of Football.

4. Now what the offense wants to do is try to score here, and the defense has to stop them.

another thing that Madden actually said:

"Jay Fiedler isnt what you would call an accurate quarterback"

4evaFinz
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
"Well, well, well, well.... you got, got... got, fo-fo-four, four downs, down, downs. And, well, well... you got... got umm.... 10 yead to, to, to go. If, if you reach the ye-ye-ye-yell-yell-yellow line then you get, get, get a first-st-st down!"

BrazForPhins
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
another thing that Madden actually said:

"Jay Fiedler isnt what you would call an accurate quarterback"

this is hands down the most obvious phrase he have ever said :lol:

phatmatt
08-22-2005, 11:41 PM
I can't belive ABC is gonna have those 2 on Monday nights this year. It is a shame.

Nublar7
08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
"The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break."

"With all his tumid boasts, he's like the sword-fish, who only wears his weapon in his mouth."

dkenned1
08-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Yes I think the actual quote is 'Al, tonight we have the Packers versus the Cowboys, and I predict that the team who scores the most points is going to win'

Also did anyone catch that Michaels said tonight that Anthony Thomas was trying to work hard to become the backup to Shawn Alexander? Maybe, but they're not on the same team, at least not right then.

Oh and WTF is with MNF and missing the start of like 1/3 of the plays in the first half? I HATE THAT!!! SHOW THE GAME, NOT THE DRUNKEN IDIOTS IN THE STANDS OR THE SPARES ON THE SIDELINE SAYING 'HI MOM'.

dkenned1
08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
I found these as well for dumb Madden, er captain obvious quotes.

Coaches have to watch for what they don't want to see and listen to what they don't want to hear.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

That was a dumb play. Dumb play. You know, that was a dumb play. I mean, that was a dumb play. I've seen some dumb plays, but that was a dumb play!

You can only make one play at a time

Any time you have a game, you have to be ready to play

When you lose your best cornerback and your punt returner, I'd say that's a double loss

It's kind of hard to keep your head from being lopsided if you have half of the field in your helmet

When you lose a game, you lose confidence

Winning is a great deoderant

In any sport, you have to have strength

You never want to go backwards in the end zone

Of course, if he had had control of the ball when he hit the ground, then it would have been a complete pass

Donovan McNabb is doing the things Donovan McNabb does

A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries.

If you see a defense team with dirt and mud on their backs they've had a bad day.

First down is a good down

You have to put yourself there to catch him, and you have to catch him to make the tackle him

TakeoSpikes51
08-23-2005, 12:02 AM
"And he hits the hole, right after Jesse opens it up"

saulsbury34
08-23-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm playin madden 06 right now and i passed the ball with under 30 seconds left and i'm up by 21 just to get my qb some stats. Al says " I don't know why they called a pass here they need to run out the clock" Then wonderful Madden says " That's why they are passing cuz you need to complete the pass to keep the clock movin" He's even an idiot on the game!

Rocky Raccoon
08-23-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm playin madden 06 right now and i passed the ball with under 30 seconds left and i'm up by 21 just to get my qb some stats. Al says " I don't know why they called a pass here they need to run out the clock" Then wonderful Madden says " That's why they are passing cuz you need to complete the pass to keep the clock movin" He's even an idiot on the game!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

DeathStar
08-23-2005, 12:16 AM
some guy named frank caliendo goes on lebartard show and imitates madden.
he is really good.

here are some clips:

http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track03.mp3 (about favre)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track04.mp3 (about football)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track06.mp3 (about ESPN sunday night crew)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track08.mp3 (snikers bars)

enjoy.

tmny99
08-23-2005, 12:20 AM
They say 90% of the game is half mental.

DeathStar
08-23-2005, 12:23 AM
he is moving to sunday night football next year with NBC.

cltchperf
08-23-2005, 12:29 AM
some guy named frank caliendo goes on lebartard show and imitates madden.
he is really good.

here are some clips:

http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track03.mp3 (about favre)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track04.mp3 (about football)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track06.mp3 (about ESPN sunday night crew)
http://www.790theticket.com/fcaliendo/Track08.mp3 (snikers bars)

enjoy.

I've been on the site, he also does a skit of Robin Williams, but I thought the Jim Rome one was pretty funny also, I was thinking of giving out a link sometime, if I ever saw another post about him.

RAS25
08-23-2005, 12:31 AM
he is moving to sunday night football next year with NBC.
he needs to move to the retirement home and stop ruining football games

Sauceman
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
The commentary is about as good as the game is.

DolfanNJ
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
merge?

x100 over the years. Love the thread title too.

cltchperf
08-23-2005, 12:39 AM
"Guys used to put stick'em on their hands to catch the ball" It's like wtf, well that's what he says on the madden '02 game that I used to play on nintendo 64. here's another one. "You gotta put your hand up and deflect the ball so the ball doesn't go where you expect it to go" or something like that, no **** Madden.

DolphinsRkool99
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
al micheals-he went through there like a truck madden-yea a 2 ton truck pulling a trailer. :lol:

Lazy1
08-23-2005, 01:14 AM
"BOOOOOM, Tough actin Tinactin"

PassRush
08-23-2005, 01:16 AM
"The bad thing about throwing an interception is that not only do you not score points, but you give the other team the ball back"

CsonkaClone
08-23-2005, 01:16 AM
You guys are all Bitc!in about Madden but when he's gone you will miss him...He's the most enjoyable to listen to in the business because he loves the game and he's just having fun in the booth....Noone in the business is even close to him...He was the 1st announcer I ever heard who really loved the Big guys who play the game..He's the best color commentator ever in the booth...ever!

paskerbrandon
08-23-2005, 01:46 AM
You guys are all Bitc!in about Madden but when he's gone you will miss him...He's the most enjoyable to listen to in the business because he loves the game and he's just having fun in the booth....Noone in the business is even close to him...He was the 1st announcer I ever heard who really loved the Big guys who play the game..He's the best color commentator ever in the booth...ever!

:shakeno: Im sure we all like madden, I do, hes one of the best IMO, but hey, you have to admit some of the stuff he says is down right halarious.

cltchperf
08-23-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm not complaining, he provides comic relief for NFL games. There definilty be a lack of comedy if Madden wasn't around. It's always nice to have a laugh every now and then. I though Madden and Michaels was a good pair last year, because Michaels was good at announcing, reporting the game, while madden would give his analysis of the plays, and also be the comedian, even he wasn't intending to be.

MIAdolphin89
08-23-2005, 03:41 AM
"one thing you dont wanna do is turn the ball over here."

"he's going to be getting a lot more attention now that he has 2 sacks."

"the ball just squirted through his hands on that play."

pre-game before a game with the colts, madden talks about the colts - "this team is a team that is comfortable with its play call in the huddle, they dont make a lot of changes at the line of scrimmage." (the colts not making changes at the line of scrimmage?! HAH!)

Joe Dolfan
08-23-2005, 04:04 AM

I can't stand the guy. He and Dan Dierdorf make baby jesus cry.

Edit: By the way? How does a thread about Wannstedt's decisions hurting the team get moved, but this one stays here?

paskerbrandon
08-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I dont have a problem with the guy, he says some real funny sh!t.

marke27
08-23-2005, 04:23 AM
my favorite was about vick-----" michael vick can do 3 things with the ball after he calls hike. He can run with the ball, he can throw the ball, and he can run with the ball" haha wow good one.

paskerbrandon
08-23-2005, 04:26 AM
my favorite was about vick-----" michael vick can do 3 things with the ball after he calls hike. He can run with the ball, he can throw the ball, and he can run with the ball" haha wow good one.

:lol:

LtDan
08-23-2005, 04:39 AM
You guys are all Bitc!in about Madden but when he's gone you will miss him...He's the most enjoyable to listen to in the business because he loves the game and he's just having fun in the booth....Noone in the business is even close to him...He was the 1st announcer I ever heard who really loved the Big guys who play the game..He's the best color commentator ever in the booth...ever!I won't miss him thank you very much!

Oboy
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I honestly can not listen to the man. He is so bad he makes me want to ring his neck. So much so sometimes I can not watch MNF. At least this year I wont' have too (No phin games)

Speaker
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
These are funny especially the A-hole one, but either way I still like madden.

scenaria
08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
the all time worst was Dennis Miller

God the mute was on full time back then.. I couldnt stand him at all..

Agent51
08-23-2005, 05:36 PM
"BOOM! Tough actin' Tanactin'"