PDA

View Full Version : am i being a homer?

miamitd13
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
(12) team Keeper League that has been on-going for around 5 years now. My backs (we start 2) are L.Tomlinson, Cedric Benson, Thomas Jones and C.Portis. I was thinking of offering a deal that would essentially be Portis for Ronnie Brown.

I'm sure there is better short term value with Portis, but this being a keeper league, do you see better long term with Ronnie Brown. I figure I can ride LT and either Benson/Jones this year. I don't know if the other owner would even take the deal - am I looking at this through Aqua/Orange lenses?

tks...

topcopusaf23
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I would hold on to Portis. You have the best RB in football, especially fantasy football and Clinton Portis will put up better numbers than last year. By taking Brown (who held out by the way) who might not even start once Ricky comes back from suspension plus I wouldn't count on any Miami running back this year. Portis is the man in Washington, botttom line, so keep him!

Kucha
08-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Keep Portis. Remember that Portis is only 23 or 24. He's very young and has already established himself as an excellent RB. Ronnie is still unproven and although I think he could be better, why give up a very young RB who has already run for more than 1300 yds a couple of times?

CharlestonPhan
08-23-2005, 08:05 PM
hold onto Portis. but dont discount Thomas Jones as trade bait for Ronnie. he catches a ton of balls out of the backfield and will be the man in Chicago for awhile this season, if not the whole year.

i read today the Bears are thinking of LOWERING Bensons offer. the two sides are not even talking right now so his contract is not likely to get solved soon, and even if it does, the earliest he could start would be about week 3 or 4.

so Jones will be starting, and scoring better than alot of RBs, especially if your league rewards receptions.

if you really want Brown, keep the rest of that backfield intact and after a couple decent games offer Jones for Ronnie. if the guy who owns Brown accepts you are loaded for years to come.

hunter5nc1
08-27-2005, 02:18 AM
I think Portis is older than 23 isn't he

CharlestonPhan
08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Portis is 24...

wazzy
08-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Keep Portis because he will have great numbers this year. I think GIbbs is going to leave his game on the ground this year. See if you can trade Benson for Ronnie