PDA

View Full Version : Don't pick Vick?

Boone
08-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Seems like everyone is down on Michael Vick this year in Fantasy Football. Vick runs like a man possessed and has a cannon arm...and his favorite target is Alge Crumpler.

But...his receivers are fair at best...Peerless Price, Dez White,Brian Finneran, and rookie Michael Jenkins.

Will he be a stud or bust?

MoFinz
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Bust.

He's a dynamic athlete but a poor choice for any kind of fantasy team. His passing stats are mediocre, he doesnt throw for a lot of TDs or Yds and running like a fox chased by hounds enhances the likelihood of injury.

Better QB's all over for fantasy stats

CharlestonPhan
08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
i would not take him as anything more than a number 2 QB... MOFINZ hit that nail on the head. until he has a breakout year passing, i will steer clear.

Kucha
08-25-2005, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't take him unless I was at the bottom end of the draft, already had a starting QB (and probably even a decent back-up) and had a pick to gamble on. Vick needs to produce more QB like stats instead of mostly RB like stats.

DolfanDaveInATX
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I did not have him on my draft board because I knew that there were going to be at least three other owners who had bought into his hype and would pick him way too early. And sure enough, I was right. Vick was the #9 overall selection, which meant that I could pair Priest Holmes with Clinton Portis at #15.

MikeO
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
i had him last year he killed my team. You need passing yards in fantasy football he doesn't give you any. Some weeks you may only get 80 or 90 passing yards

nick1
08-25-2005, 10:49 AM
I got Crumpler, he always has a big game as Vick's main target

t2thejz
08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I will pick him up if the price is right but other than that no, if i do end up with him i would also like to end up with Mcnair or Palmer in a later round just in case it doesnt pan out

Boone
08-25-2005, 09:31 PM
I will pick him up if the price is right but other than that no, if i do end up with him i would also like to end up with Mcnair or Palmer in a later round just in case it doesnt pan out
That's funny...because I have Vick & McNair in my league. I've heard McNair is looking good in pre-season so far.

JxM13
08-26-2005, 10:25 AM
I have Tom Brady as my starter. You all know how good he is. Vick is catch 22, too risky for early rounds. Vick was taken in the 3rd round of my league.