PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy help

Joe Flipper
08-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Hello all....in my 16 team fantasy football league i have the 2nd overall pick....its a basic scoring league (no yardage) 4 pts pass td..6 points rush n catch !

tell me who you would take with this pick?.and why..the person who is drafting first is taking LT from the chargers....who do i take next....opinions please..thanx!........................:)

DonShula84
08-26-2005, 01:14 AM
basic scoring leagues usually have yardage dont they? Ive never been in one that didnt. If LT is gone Id probably take Manning, might get less pts for tds but he will throw more

Kucha
08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
LT should be the concensus #1 overall choice so if he's there, get him!

If your league gives 6 points for TD passes and 1 point for 25-35 yds passing, then Peyton Manning should be your choice. Otherwise, the first four players taken are usually: LT, PM, Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes. Some put Edgerrin James in this list too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these guys as your pick, IMO.

TheAnswer385
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
LT or MAnning.. you cant go wrong

hunter5nc1
08-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Alexander before Manning

DolfanDaveInATX
08-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Correction: Alexander, Holmes, James, Dillon, and maybe even McGahee before Manning. If LT goes #1, Alexander is your pick.

Especially in a 16-team league, you must grab an elite running back early. If your next pick isn't until #31, you're going to be sifting through the likes of Steven Jackson, Lamont Jordan, and Ronnie Brown if you're lucky. The top of the second tier of QBs will be available when you pick at #34, and some of that tier may still be available at #63.