PDA

View Full Version : keeper conundrum

darkmistress
08-28-2005, 12:01 AM
I've got a keeper league about to draft next weekend we get to keep up to 5 players from our last years roster at a cost of one round higher than drafted the previous year...we use a custom scoring system so individual defensive players can be just as good as RBs...there's no real advatage to any position...

I have two guys M. Clayton (WR TB) at rd 23 and W. McGahee (RB Buf) at rd 19 who are obviously set keepers...here's my problem I have 8 other players who I can't decide on who to keep. They are:

D. Davis (RB Hou) at rd 1 (keeping him will depend on what other rbs players keep and who's available)
T. Gonzalez (TE KC) at rd 3
E. Reed (DB Bal) at rd 5
B. Urlacher (LB Chi) at rd 8
N. Barnett (LB GB) at rd 9
S. Taylor (DB Was) at rd 12 (I really need to know what's happening with this guy!!)
M. Lewis (DB Phi) at rd 18
Re. Williams (WR Jac) at rd 21

I only have 3 spots left and I'll be kicking myself if I let someone like Re. Williams go and not keep him at rd 21 then he goes and has an awesome season...but then I don't want to let go of big points getters like Gonzo or Reed. I know that's the risk you take in a keeper league but if anyone has any good advice I'd be much obliged if you'd help me out... :D

hunter5nc1
08-28-2005, 01:04 AM
I would def keep Gonzo and Reed and it sounds like your prob going to choose williams and I think thats what I would do.

darkmistress
08-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I would def keep Gonzo and Reed and it sounds like your prob going to choose williams and I think thats what I would do.

:) thanks...Gonzo is looking more and more like a stayer for me...I'm probably going to have to wait until draft day to know who the oher 2 spots will go to.

dabeastdabone
08-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Why keep Gonzo? Heck if need be you can pick him back up in the second round if you can't find anyone better, under 12 teams a 2nd round TE or WR is overpaying if you ask me. How many players in your league? How many "keepers" do those guys have? I don't know for sure but there is a chance you could dump all your guys and just pick them back up if noone better is on the board.

Davis would be the one guy I would consider keeping, though.

darkmistress
08-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Why keep Gonzo? Heck if need be you can pick him back up in the second round if you can't find anyone better, under 12 teams a 2nd round TE or WR is overpaying if you ask me. How many players in your league? How many "keepers" do those guys have? I don't know for sure but there is a chance you could dump all your guys and just pick them back up if noone better is on the board.

Davis would be the one guy I would consider keeping, though.

12 teams 5 players max kept per team...you wouldn't keep calyton at round 23 and Mcgahee at round 18 (or was it 19)? I'll be keeping Davis dependng on who keeps who because I'll just pick him up in round 1 if I have to and use the keeper spot on someone else.