PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to upgrade?

DolfanDaveInATX
08-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Picked #8 in a 10-team draft today. Parentheses indicate round in which the player was drafted:

QB - Michael Vick (7), Carson Palmer (12)
RB - Willis McGahee (1), Deuce McAllister (2), Clinton Portis (4), Ronnie Brown (11)
WR - Terrell Owens (3), Mike Clayton (5), Anquan Boldin (6), Brandon Stokley (10), Lee Evans (13)
TE - Jeremy Shockey (8)
K - Lawrence Tynes (14), Mike Nugent (15)
DEF - Philadelphia (9)

I debated right up until the time limit before taking Portis, but I pulled the trigger as a value pick because I couldn't believe he fell all the way to #33. I'm anxious that I let some better receivers go off the board before the picks came back around to me.

The Tynes selection was a wasted pick. I'll use that slot for the bye-week fill-ins at TE, K, and DEF.

Am I strong enough at the other positions that I can hold onto Portis, or should I package Portis to upgrade a weakness?

RunRickyRun34
08-28-2005, 09:04 PM
I think you should join a league with more competition, not your nieces :goof:

CharlestonPhan
08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
if you have a flex position and can play Portis, by all means keep him. im guessing because of the tight ends you dont however, so i would shop him for a better WR, though you may have to wait til after week 1.

seriously, have any of the other people in your league played before? or are you in the espn "expert" league that drafted on TV the other night? :)

DonShula84
08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
I cant believe how bad some peoples leagues are. If you're getting Portis in the 4th round no one in the league has any idea what they're doing

Amars
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Duece in the second he's a top 5 back. True about portis I drafted him in the second round of my 12 person league. I had the sixth pic so I was in the middle

Prime
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Your team is very good right now. I wouldn't change anything IMO.

DolfanDaveInATX
08-29-2005, 11:37 PM
I cant believe how bad some peoples leagues are. If you're getting Portis in the 4th round no one in the league has any idea what they're doing

Except me, of course, who picked up T.O. while letting Portis fall even further. :rofl3:

Brian Westbrook went at #12, Trent Green at #17, Tom Brady at #21, Dallas Clark at #41, Joey Harrington at #56...this is a pretty embarrassing league even by Yahoo standards.

One of the owners thought it would be funny to load up on as many Rams as he could. Hence, Marc Bulger at #3, Mike Furrey in the third, and Dane Looker in the fourth. :shakeno:

dabeastdabone
09-01-2005, 12:11 AM
I disagree. I don't think Portis is a steal in the 4th-especially in a 10 team league. All and all I think your team is average.

Batman13
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
to top that off.. Ronnie in the 11th?!? yeah he is a rookie, but there are 100 players that will score more? I doubt it.