PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these rosters?

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 12:24 AM
I have two teams to share with you guys. Both are in 10 team leagues that are of the keeper sort.

Team 1 (name: Rocket Fuel)

QB: Carson Palmer, David Carr
WR: Chad Johnson, Michael Clayton, Roy Williams, Rod Smith, Marty Booker, Mark Clayton
RB: Willis McGahee, Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green, LaMont Jordan, Tatum Bell, Willie Parker
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: David Akers
D: Buffalo

Team 2 (name: Neptune Tritons)

QB: Donovan McNabb, Marc Bulger
WR: Andre Johnson, Isaac Bruce, Charles Rogers, Antwaan Randle El, Troy Wiliamson, Ron Curry, Matt Jones
RB: Kevin Jones, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Duce Staley
TE: Randy McMichael
K: Shayne Graham
D: Philadelphia

I'm happy with both teams, but I really feel like I have a dynasty in the making with Rocket Fuel. I can keep the nucleus of that team together for years thanks to where I initially drafted LaMont Jordan, Tatum Bell, Willis McGahee, David Carr, Carson Palmer, Michael Clayton, Mark Clayton, and Roy Williams.

DonShula84
08-29-2005, 01:52 AM
That first team is pretty freaking good. Did the other teams draft in the dark, how did you manage to get all those RBs and some good WRs

Amars
08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Shaun Alexander, Willis Mcgahee, Ahman Green. Did you draft 3rd and 8th or what?

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
It's a keeper league where you forfeit the pick ahead of what you used last year on a player as long as you keep them on your roster (and still want them). I took Willis McGahee in the 17th as a rookie and got to keep him with a 15th round pick this year. I used my 1st and 2nd round picks on Alexander and Green, and I had most of the rest of that talent cheap as keepers. I started the draft with McGahee, Jordan, Bell, Palmer, Carr, Johnson, Williams, and Clayton (Mike) on the roster and with only 9 additional picks to make. I love this format.

Motion
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Looks real solid. reminds me of my team.

My RBs:
Shaun Alexander
Deuce McAllister
Willis Mcgahee
Ricky Williams
Ronnie Brown
Caddilac Williams