PDA

View Full Version : My Roster...

ASCII
08-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Okay this is my first year playing fantasy football. Any advice, positive or negative is appreciated. here is my roster:

qbs: b. roethlisberger, k. collins, t. brady
rbs: w. mcgahee, l. jordan, w. parker
wrs: d. driver, l. evans, l. fitzgerald
tes: a. crumpler, b. troupe
k: j. reed
dst: dolphins, seahawks

Like I said it is my first year so any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance

Motion
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Not bad. How many starter positions are there in your league?

ASCII
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Not bad. How many starter positions are there in your league?

1 qb
2 rb
2 wr
1 te
1 k
1 dst

Motion
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Looks solid, maybe a little thin at WR.

Make sure you checkout your bye weeks.

ASCII
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
any thought on starters are some steals i could find at wr?

Motion
08-29-2005, 01:46 PM
any thought on starters are some steals i could find at wr?

Andre Johnson
Michael Clayton
Steve Smith
Jimmy Smith
Nate Burleson
Deion Branch

ASCII
08-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Andre Johnson
Michael Clayton
Steve Smith
Jimmy Smith
Nate Burleson
Deion Branch

none of them are available, any more suggestions?

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Mark Clayton
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson
Mike Williams

Those are the rookies I like in the order I like them in.

You're going to have problems if you have to start that Seahawks D. Isn't there anybody better out there for you?

I also don't like the idea of carrying two TEs with rosters that small. I'd release Troupe to pick up another WR.

Amars
08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Kerry Colbert. He's a sleeper.

Amars
08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
David Boston

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 04:38 PM
If you're considering a Dolphins WR, do yourself a favor and go with Booker.

ASCII
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Mark Clayton
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson
Mike Williams

Those are the rookies I like in the order I like them in.

You're going to have problems if you have to start that Seahawks D. Isn't there anybody better out there for you?

I also don't like the idea of carrying two TEs with rosters that small. I'd release Troupe to pick up another WR.

Okay I dropped Troupe for Matt Jones, and the defenses left our:
bears, bengals, lions, saints, browns, packers, titans, rams, 49ers, and raiders......any suggestions?

ASCII
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Kerry Colbert. He's a sleeper.

colbert was selected

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Okay I dropped Troupe for Matt Jones, and the defenses left our:
bears, bengals, lions, saints, browns, packers, titans, rams, 49ers, and raiders......any suggestions?

I'd suggest Bears, but double check that doesn't mess you up in terms of bye weeks.

ASCII
08-29-2005, 05:12 PM
I'd suggest Bears, but double check that doesn't mess you up in terms of bye weeks.

the bears and dolphins have a bye week 4, so i wouldn't have a dst for that week is that bad?

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
That's what I feared.

You have a tough situation on your hands, then. I'd suggest waiting until the week before you need it before making a move and choosing the best defense out there at the time. One of those others will surprise, but I can't say which one. After that week has been covered, try to get the Bears in case the Dolphins suck it up.

ASCII
08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
That's what I feared.

You have a tough situation on your hands, then. I'd suggest waiting until the week before you need it before making a move and choosing the best defense out there at the time. One of those others will surprise, but I can't say which one. After that week has been covered, try to get the Bears in case the Dolphins suck it up.

Thanks, for all your help! :)

Quelonio
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Try the cardinals defense, it is going to be sweet, and since they are the cards, nobody wants them. Also believe it or not, maybe Minnesota with Winfield and Smoot and all the youngsters that they have at the line, they might end up being good to start for a week

Quelonio
08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Also I would try to trade Big Ben for a wideout or a RB, he is a good QB but he is due for a sophomore slump, and his is never been an offense for big numbers, considering they are a run first offense, and you already got two better options at QB

DolfanDaveInATX
08-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Kerry Collins will be your starting QB. Willie Parker has no value except as a handcuff to the Pittsburgh RB on a large roster.

ASCII
08-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Also I would try to trade Big Ben for a wideout or a RB, he is a good QB but he is due for a sophomore slump, and his is never been an offense for big numbers, considering they are a run first offense, and you already got two better options at QB

i put big ben and willie parker on the block for a wide reciever or running back, any ideas on what i should expect for them?

Motion
08-30-2005, 09:10 AM

Not to mention he's been sucking big time this preseason.

Motion
08-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Willie Parker has no value except as a handcuff to the Pittsburgh RB on a large roster.

How do you figure? He's slated to start at least the first two weeks of the regular season and is by far the fastest and quickest RB on the Steelers roster. He's a huge sleeper.

Quelonio
08-30-2005, 10:12 PM
i put big ben and willie parker on the block for a wide reciever or running back, any ideas on what i should expect for them?

If you are playing with easy to impress guys, then you might get something reasonable, if not you probably won't get anything, I would try to get someone like Jabar GAffney (although i think he is injured now) that will get stats because Andre Johnson takes away a lot of Coverage, but you can't expect a premier guy.

Jimmy James
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
How do you figure? He's slated to start at least the first two weeks of the regular season and is by far the fastest and quickest RB on the Steelers roster. He's a huge sleeper.

I wouldn't call him a huge sleeper, but I will say that he could be this year's Nick Goings if the Steelers keep having problems at RB. He's worth a flyer if you have room for him in case it turns out that way if you ask me.

SuperMarksBros.
08-31-2005, 07:30 PM
you SERIOUSLY need to start collins ahead of rothlisberger, you find that out sooner rather than later

Zeke0123
08-31-2005, 07:34 PM
See if Jenkins is out there hes been mostly ignored and even on the run happy falcons at least he is a teams #1.

Batman13
08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
A few WR's you could look for: Ronald Curry (since you have Collins), Brandon Jones (TEN), Bernard Berrian (CHI), this is probably a long shot, but if you can get Charles Rogers for cheap or nothing, DO IT!

Also you might look for Samie Parker (KC), and Antonio Bryant. Bryant, Rogers, and Berrian would be the 3 I'd want most out of these. But for a last resort, it could be worse.

Al13
09-01-2005, 05:15 AM
is the detroit d still available ?

Edit: i just see in one of your replies that Detroit is available, they have a good defense, i would rather have them then the seahawks d