PDA

View Full Version : Trading Portis for C. Johnson

DolfanDaveInATX
08-29-2005, 04:36 PM
With one of my fantasy teams, I wound up with Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson as my running backs, but a fairly middling group of receivers outside of Javon Walker. (Larry Fitzgerald and Ashley Lelie have potential, but Jimmy Smith and Derrick Mason could take a big slide.)

After rejecting several low-ball trade offers over the last week, I have finally been offered Chad Johnson. I am thinking about making the deal because I have Priest insurance, a second bona fide starter in Jackson, and a few quality RBs on the waiver wire who can provide a good spot start.

Am I right to make this move or am I undervaluing Portis or my WR situation?

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Depending on who you're talking about on the wire, I think I'd do this deal. Johnson is a stud.

DolfanDaveInATX
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Depending on who you're talking about on the wire, I think I'd do this deal. Johnson is a stud.

Mike Anderson and Ricky Williams would be my first targets (probably in that order) but the waiver wire also includes Travis Henry, Jerome Bettis, T.J. Duckett, Lee Suggs, and William Green.

Jimmy James
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM
You don't have room for those guys on your roster right now? Anderson and Williams should both be on teams if you ask me.

DolfanDaveInATX
08-29-2005, 11:29 PM
I dropped Jimmy Smith and picked up Mike Anderson. Would have gone with Ricky but for the four game suspension.