PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate these RB Fantasy Wise

Al13
08-31-2005, 09:09 AM
hi,

looks like since i have the first pick overall in a 10 team league and my first pick will be peyton manning, i have to chose a RB at #20 and #21 maybe even 2 so how would you rate these guys in fantasy order :

stephen jackson
lamont jordan
kevin jones
Carnell Williams
Ronnie Brown
Julius Jones

in our league RB gets a point for each reception and 1 point every 10 yards after he gained 40 rushing yards, but will also get 4 points if he reaches the 40 yards plateau , also 1 point every 10 receiving yards

so what do you think ?

Jimmy James
08-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Jones
Jones
Jackson
Jordan
Williams
Brown

That's the way I'd rank them. It doesn't matter much which Jones I have first -- get them both if you can.

Williams & Brown shouldn't go nearly this early.

Al13
08-31-2005, 10:54 AM
the problem is we have a lot of keepers that are RB in our league
Jamal Lewis, Deuce McAllister, Rudi Johnson so a lot of these guys could get picked already when i´m on again, don´t you think caddie will have a good fantasy season ?

SuperMarksBros.
08-31-2005, 07:28 PM
possibly, but he may or may not split carries with pittman. i LOVE jackson and jordan this year and in keeper leagues.

Jimmy James
08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Williams, Brown, and Benson went in the 5th-6th round (or later) in all of my drafts. They're all in potential RBBC situations. I'd personally feel safer with Arrington for this year.

dabeastdabone
09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Easy, 1 point per reception means Jackson, don't even give it a second thought.

finfanlover
09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
kevin jones (Coming off a decent rookie season and does not have to look over shoulder with a running back like others)

lamont jordan (Can really flourish in a Norv Turner offense which whom likes to run the ball a lot)

julius jones (Missed games with injury really broke out at the end of the season almost had 200 yards against the seahawks)

steven jackson ( Could be first or second with a very high yards per carry this preseason but marshall will take carrys)

carnell ( Is a rookie but has loads of potential but also has a back up in michael pittmam who will take some carrys)

brown (I actually think they will use ricky more than people expect, but it really is a toss up between carnell and brown)

dolfan_101
09-01-2005, 01:24 AM
My draft is still going on and my first 2 picks have been Priest Holmes, and Kevin Jones. I hope he has a stud year!

Kucha
09-01-2005, 11:48 AM
hi,

looks like since i have the first pick overall in a 10 team league and my first pick will be peyton manning, i have to chose a RB at #20 and #21 maybe even 2 so how would you rate these guys in fantasy order :

stephen jackson
lamont jordan
kevin jones
Carnell Williams
Ronnie Brown
Julius Jones

in our league RB gets a point for each reception and 1 point every 10 yards after he gained 40 rushing yards, but will also get 4 points if he reaches the 40 yards plateau , also 1 point every 10 receiving yards

so what do you think ?

In a non-keeper league, IMO:

1. Kevin Jones (predicted to bust out this year)
2a. Lamont Jordan (will do well especially in that stud offense)
2b. Stephen Jackson (too underrated. see his last preseason game.)
3. Julius Jones (has a chance to become elite, top 10)
4. Carnell Williams (will do better than Ronnie because he will be the focus of the running game with a better O-Line and better QB)
5. Ronnie Brown (will share carries with Ricky and will have that horrible O-Line to deal with)

Al13
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
i also read now that kevin jones has one of the easiest rushing schedules, but i really doubt that he will be there at #20

Batman13
09-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd take Julius over Kevin anyway, because Julius is gonna be alot more active in the passing game than Kevin. Steven Jackson is right behind, followed by Caddy, Jordan, and Brown. I think Caddy will get enough more touches in the passing game to put him over Jordan.