LtDan
09-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks Muck!! and Clump I assume??

hunter5nc1
09-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks

Wildbill3
09-01-2005, 01:15 AM
did you order that by how you think the roster will be set? Thompson is definately gone...

_dan24
09-01-2005, 01:16 AM
6m under... not bad!

shellgh0st
09-01-2005, 01:40 AM
6 million in dead money? That sucks.

I think Madison, Howard, Thompson are all over paid. James and Booker better step up and play some serious football this year or they are in the over paid group with those other guys. Hopefully we can unload some of these guys without taking a cap hit. We need to bring in younger guys at an inexpensive price (2-5 round draft picks) at CB and WR.

If there is one thing you can learn from the pats and eagles, its you need to pay players based on production and always try to be conservative with spending. Also, do not pay older guys big money.

I think in a couple of years we should be in great cap shape with a lot of younger talent and very good depth across the board.

fiedler fan..jk
09-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Plus we'll be another 3.5 mil under next offseason without Chester and Seau.

shellgh0st
09-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Plus we'll be another 3.5 mil under next offseason without Chester and Seau.

good point. It would be nice to be under the cap by around 15 million next offseason. This way we have the freedom to target key players and also bring in quality stop gap players if need be.

Like J. Runyon RT for the Eagles will probably be cut loose next year. It would be nice to get him for a couple of years and leave Carey at LT so we can draft a QB in round 1 and use the other first day picks at CB, DT, LB or WR.

That's just an example of how being grossly under the cap (by drafting well and not making big FA mistakes) can help the team out.

Wyvern_Bob
09-01-2005, 02:44 AM
According to a story in the Herald though Simon's agent reckons we currently are only 1 million under the cap.

Herald story (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/12527828.htm)

PHINSfan
09-01-2005, 03:32 AM
good job Muck!!
You and Clumpy are King Kapologists indeed.

arnoldu
09-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Rosenfels makes more than Feeley :rofl3: :lol: :sidelol: :chuckle: :roflmao:

Clumpy
09-01-2005, 03:41 AM
I cannot be $5 million off :mad:

HysterikiLL
09-01-2005, 03:48 AM

Maybe it has something to do with how Ronnie's contract was structured?? The whole roster bonus thing?? :confused:

Al13
09-01-2005, 04:06 AM
juhu 6 Million bucks of space

XXXSURTAINXXX
09-01-2005, 04:44 AM

I think Madison, Howard, Thompson are all over paid. James and Booker better step up and play some serious football this year or they are in the over paid group with those other guys. Hopefully we can unload some of these guys without taking a cap hit. We need to bring in younger guys at an inexpensive price (2-5 round draft picks) at CB and WR.

If there is one thing you can learn from the pats and eagles, its you need to pay players based on production and always try to be conservative with spending. Also, do not pay older guys big money.

I think in a couple of years we should be in great cap shape with a lot of younger talent and very good depth across the board.

No Booker is overpaid.

painnotpleasure
09-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Thanks Muck! Thanks Clumpy! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :horsey:

Muck
09-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah, thanks to Clumpy. He does all the number crunching. I just update the page.

The order of the players on the chart is pretty much how they are on the current depth chart (not totally).

LarryFinFan
09-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Remember that Madison and Howard are really getting paid for how they've played in the past. Are they overpaid for their worth...yes...but it is the same thing for ZT and JT...both making over $5 m a year and next...are they worth that...right now, yes...but next year perhaps not...It's all relative to how the contracts are generally structured.

ASCII
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
is there a website or something where you can read how to interperet this stuff.....maybe a book Salary Cap for Dummies....:lol: i would like to be able to decifier what i am looking at....thanks for any help

retired opfinistic
09-01-2005, 10:00 AM
is there a website or something where you can read how to interperet this stuff.....maybe a book Salary Cap for Dummies....:lol: i would like to be able to decifier what i am looking at....thanks for any help
:rofl3: Now there's a great idea for a book. I'm understanding the cap more each year, but there are still some questionable areas. I heard next year's Madden will accurately mimic the salary cap, so players will need a degree in business management and accounting if they want to play more than 1 consecutive season.:)

Canadi-Phin
09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
If we make he normal cuts that are going to occur to get down to 53 players. We would than be another 5 mil under. By using the numbers and releasing people who we all speculate are going to be gone.

Thompson 550,000
Owens 656,000
Cook or Whitley 380,000
Martin 455,000
Zgonina 765,000
Romero 656,000
Moore 380,000
Turk 775,000
Total 5,192,000 extra space.
I used Saban's philosphy of dumping higher paid players for younger ones. Not saying this would happen but this would be just to get down to 53 man roster. This is using Muck and Clumpy's numbers after the 6/1 date and what they would cost against the cap. That's pretty good place to be and with some higher contract gone next year we could get some other talent in Miami.

Muck
09-01-2005, 10:07 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=57

ASCII
09-01-2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Thank you sir!

shellgh0st
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Remember that Madison and Howard are really getting paid for how they've played in the past. Are they overpaid for their worth...yes...but it is the same thing for ZT and JT...both making over $5 m a year and next...are they worth that...right now, yes...but next year perhaps not...It's all relative to how the contracts are generally structured.

Your point doesn't mean they aren't overpaid.

I understand how they got their big contracts. And that is why age and projecting player drop off in production should play a major factor in determining the contract a team signs with a guy. Also, being conservative about spending money should be a high priority with a team.

shellgh0st
09-01-2005, 10:22 AM
No Booker is overpaid.

I'll reserve judgement on that until the end of the season. If he is production this season (70+ catches, 7 TDs) and is a good team player, then I would say he is worth the cash.

It all depends on how he plays this year.

BigDogsHunt
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM

Say it ain't so CLUMPY, say it ain't so!!!!

:confused:

Philter25
09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
As of 8/31. I'm about to fall asleep. So if you see stupid errors.....:sleep:

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/salaries.php

ERROR:

Check out McIntosh. He doesnt make 5,400.00

Philter25
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM

Yup. I wanted to puke when I saw that dead cap carryover. Thats horrible.

Muck
09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
ERROR:

Check out McIntosh. He doesnt make 5,400.00

He does if you're breaking it down to a certain amount of hours. ;)

Fixed.

Philter25
09-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Well played Clumpy.

When are you going to break it to everyone what Madison, JT, ZT, AJ, Howard, and Ronnie cost us next year? :lol:

wpgfishfan
09-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Is Hadnot correct???

Celtkin
09-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Rosenfels makes more than Feeley :rofl3: :lol: :sidelol: :chuckle: :roflmao:

Only in base salary. Including bonuses, Feeley makes a good bit more.
;)

arnoldu
09-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Only in base salary. Including bonuses, Feeley makes a good bit more.
;)

I know, it's still kinda funny though :D

Fineas
09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
If that's accurate, I'd have realy liked to have kept Surtain., even at the expense of Roth. A few of the obvious cuts would have allowed us to do it.

Puffboy(ricky)
09-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Herald today reporting that the fins only have about 1 mil under cap? what's up?

Al13
09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
i really would like to know where we at for 2006

Philter25
09-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Herald today reporting that the fins only have about 1 mil under cap? what's up?

Truthfully, thats where I figured we were around also. I was really shocked when clump said we had about 6 million.

I also had a boo-boo in my spreadsheet as I was keeping Ricky Williams as the same numbers as before......

Philter25
09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
i really would like to know where we at for 2006

No you dont.

Ill give you a hint. Check out nflpa.org on Taylor, Madison, Thomas, Howard, Feeley and then Ronnie Brown's contract option.

Thats pretty much a third our cap. :lol:

VanDolPhan
09-01-2005, 04:30 PM
No you dont.

Ill give you a hint. Check out nflpa.org on Taylor, Madison, Thomas, Howard, Feeley and then Ronnie Brown's contract option.

Thats pretty much a third our cap. :lol:

Actually Clumpy seems to think we will have the best cap situation in the AFC east. Really after those guys it's mostly minimum players outside of about 4 or 5 cases. Also howard won't be making that kinda money next year unless he plays much much better, Madison could end up cut depending on his play in Saban's system he might just add another CB to the Will Poole, Travis Daniels mix. Feeley also won't be here at those #'s unless he plays lights out.

Muck
09-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Is Hadnot correct???

Yup. 6th rounders typically get bottom base salaries and smaller signing bonuses.

SB: $22,500 x 4 = $90,000

wazzy
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks nice work.

Clumpy
09-02-2005, 12:42 AM
As the thread in the cap forum states, I am missing some info. I do not believe the $1 million number is correct.....notice that article sez approximately $1 million.

Merman sez between $3.0-3.5 million and I'll believe that number over any Miami paper

Maynard the Hammer
09-02-2005, 02:38 AM

the pats seem to want to pay their players from the inside-out. meaning the bulk of there salary is paid to those closest to the line of scrimmage

i think they feel lineman, QB and LB are the most important and wr, db and to an extent rb are interchangable

Merman
09-02-2005, 07:43 AM
As the thread in the cap forum states, I am missing some info. I do not believe the $1 million number is correct.....notice that article sez approximately $1 million.

Merman sez between $3.0-3.5 million and I'll believe that number over any Miami paper

Not only your Salary Cap Chart but everyone's on the net is missing roster bonuses and LTBE incentives. All contract details are never given. Every year we have to scour the net for these details and correct some information given the previous year. That's one of the main reasons I don't give future years numbers.

Merman
09-02-2005, 07:51 AM
BTW the Official Dolphins site finally has 75 players. Yesterday Ben Moa and William Delahoussaye disappeared from the roster list. I am curious to see if they announce the cuts or just let it slide???

Merman
09-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Pro Football Talk just put up team Salary Cap numbers.

Dolphins $3.78 million under the cap.

http://profootballtalk.com/september1caproom.htm

Clumpy
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
BTW the Official Dolphins site finally has 75 players. Yesterday Ben Moa and William Delahoussaye disappeared from the roster list. I am curious to see if they announce the cuts or just let it slide???

Maybe injury settlements to be announced during the final cuts?

Clumpy
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Pro Football Talk just put up team Salary Cap numbers.

Dolphins $3.78 million under the cap.

http://profootballtalk.com/september1caproom.htm

I'm pretty close on the Bills number :D

ch19079
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty close on the Bills number :D
man, i trust your numbers MUCH more than the NFLs numbers. :D

Fran2fin
09-02-2005, 07:40 PM
No Booker is overpaid.

Is there no validity to "Performance clause" in any of these contracts?

Celtkin
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
man, i trust your numbers MUCH more than the NFLs numbers. :D

Much more than the NFL numbers? The NFL....the folks to whom accurate numbers are reported? Or did you mean PFT's numbers?

I'm casting a vote of confidence for Clumpy but I'll never put any sources above the 'official' numbers. :D

Clumpy, you're the man !

Surferosa
09-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Well done Merman and Clump. :)

Clumpy
09-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Well done Merman and Clump. :)

That shuld be Clump and Merman :mad:

:jk:

:tongue:

Al13
09-05-2005, 06:02 AM