PDA

View Full Version : Madden - my Superstar CB

burger13
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Here's a rundown of my SS CB's career through 2 years............

I was a Heisman winning CB from Penn State, drafted in the 2nd round, pick #22, by the Panthers. I came out as a 84ovr. Was 4th Corner behind Lucas, Manning and Gamble, who all had better ratings. Since I was trying to keep it pretty real , and not move up the depth chart unless it was warranted, I was a little disappointed to go to somewhere with such great depth already, but it worked out well. (fyi-I play on all-pro with slight slider adjustments to help the CPU offense, 6min qtr, and alternate playing/simming).

The first year started out well……at first. I was playing sparingly as the dime back, and made a INT in my first game. But that was the highlight of the 1st half of the year, as the team struggled to a 2-6 record. At that point “the coach” (that’s me trying to do what a real coach might) decided to inject some youth into the lineup, so I moved into the starting lineup as did 2005 1st round pick Thomas Davis at SS, and Deshaun Foster took over the reigns for an aging Stephen Davis at HB. The move seems to ignite the team (really I think that I just got used to the game) as we go 7-1 in the second half of the year and win the NFC South. We host the Lions in the Wild Card round and win a TRIPLE OVERTIME THRILLER. We lose to the Vikings in the divisional round. My SS winds up with (approx) 44 tackles, 5 int, 6 sacks, 8 pass defl. and 1 ff on his way to the NFC Defensive player of the year award and a Pro Bowl berth.

The offseason was sort of interesting as I found out that the Ricky Manning Jr. (90ovr CB) was signed away as a restricted FA, giving the team extra 1st and 3rd round picks…..and more importantly, removing some of the competition out of the CB spot. When Ken Lucas (91ovr) went down in the season opener…..I was cemented as the #1 CB. The Panthers were dominant in year 2 – landing a 13-3 record and homefield advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. The playoffs were a disappointment hoewever as I was beaten at home by the eventual SB Champion Eagles 10-6. It was a real heartbreaker, with their only TD coming off a fumbled punt return. DeShaun Foster was an animal winning the League MVP with over 1,600 yards rushing and 18 total TDs. As for my SS, I went to my second straight Pro Bowl with (approx) 55 tackles, 6 int, 2 sacks, 1 ff, 1 fr, and 10 pass defl.

In the offseason, I chose not to resign with the Panthers and test Free Agency…..I figured that if they wanted me bad enough, they would put a bid in the open FA period. They didn’t and I was off to Arizona……the highest bidder. I wasn’t planning to just take the most money, but none of the options were very attractive (I think it was ARI, CIN, CHI, GB and 1 or 2 more.) At the beginning of my third season I am now rated a 93 ovr.