PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of the run/pass glitch yet?

PhinsPhan
09-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I just read about it. I just lost a match and I am really starting to wonder if the guy did this. The only time I had any success on him was out of the singleback formation and every other time he stuffed the play.

What is the glitch?
Can it be fixed by a patch?
Do you just read it off of the FB or something?
Can it be read while facing the computer? Or is the whole game screwed?

I remember in NFL 2k3 the OTs would either be in a 2 point stance for a pass or a 3 point for a run. But then you whip out the playaction and people who relied on that read would be completely fooled. Is it the same with this game with the playaction?

UCFinfan86
09-02-2005, 06:43 AM
somethign else that someone did to me was, well im not sure if its a glitch. He did it like 5 times at the end of a game all when i was runnign and if he stuffed me like for a 3 yard loss. If you slide the Dline to the left, then my Guard didnt pickup his DE and he came right through. Im not sure if my Guard just sucked. or it just worked on run plays or if it was only that game idk.

dolfanattic5
09-02-2005, 10:28 AM
ya if you are in a 2 back set if the black button is the rb it is a run, if the white button is the rb it is a pass

UCFinfan86
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM
ya if you are in a 2 back set if the black button is the rb it is a run, if the white button is the rb it is a pass

what is it for PS2? do u know

Predaphin
09-02-2005, 12:15 PM
what system????

dolfanattic5
09-02-2005, 12:44 PM
xbox

PhinsPhan
09-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow I actually wish I never found that out. I wont ever look at my adjustments now, as if that is possible.

UCFinfan86
09-02-2005, 11:06 PM
its hte same with PS2, R1 when hes runnin L1 when hes throwing. This is gay now

Agent51
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM
When playing online if I bring up my play diagram that shows all the WR routes or RB direction, can my opponent see that?

Dolfan984
09-04-2005, 04:12 PM
When playing online if I bring up my play diagram that shows all the WR routes or RB direction, can my opponent see that?

No man...I bring it up everyplay.

dolfancoolio
09-07-2005, 04:13 AM
so when exactly do you get to see the icons of your oppositions recivers/running backs?????

Agent51
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
No man...I bring it up everyplay.

phew, thanks man, I don't play online too often, but when i do sometimes it seems like my opponent has my play perfectly picked after I check it

narco
09-13-2005, 01:52 PM
so when exactly do you get to see the icons of your oppositions recivers/running backs?????

When you are in defense, press the coach cam button.

CsonkYa
09-13-2005, 07:51 PM
They say this glitch has always been in the game. It was only picked up on this year. Its only out of I-form sets I believe.

Personally, I don't want to know. I think it hurts more than it helps. If I'm running and my opponent puts 8 in the box, I audible to a quick slant to Booker for an easy 15 yards. They'll stop doing that ish soon enough!:D

Predaphin
09-13-2005, 08:10 PM
They say this glitch has always been in the game. It was only picked up on this year. Its only out of I-form sets I believe.

Personally, I don't want to know. I think it hurts more than it helps. If I'm running and my opponent puts 8 in the box, I audible to a quick slant to Booker for an easy 15 yards. They'll stop doing that ish soon enough!:D

Here's my update and take on this glitch:

I got done in pretty bad by some guy who went by the EA name "NTPVick 7"

This guy used the Falcons, and I wasn't aware of such a glitch or that this glitch even existed....I stopped the guy on his first series and managed to take a 7-0 lead ....

when I stopped him on his second series and he was about to punt to me, he paused the game and said "Your cheating, that's not fair, your using the run/pass glitch, you know when I'm throwing and when I'm running, that's it I'm reporting you to EA and if you want to play like that I can play like that too"....

I then replied "what the F*** are you talking about, don't you think that if I knew how to do such a glitch, I'd be undefeated right now???" then I laughed and said "Go ahead, report anything you want" (but keep in mind I wasn't aware of this such glitch, I just thought to myself 'What an idiot, there can't be such a glitch, I'm just going to flat out beat him')

So we resumed the game. I was in for a shock, I'm not sure how he did it, but everytime I'd come out on a run play, all his guys were stacked and I'd audible and he's know when it was a run or a pass, to top it all off, He'd come out on Punt block everytime I'd use a regular punt kick formation, but if I came out on max protect he'd come out on punt return mode....So not only did he know what I was doing, but his ST were being glitched as well somehow....

I must say, I never believed there was such a glitch till I played this guy...I threw Playactions at him and he would not bite....I know for a fact he was using that glitch....at the end of the game (after he beat me) he said "I was just kidding man, Good game"....but I replied...

"It's cool man, cause the one who's going to be doing the reporting here is me....You knew everytime I was passing or throwing, heck even your ST knew about my ST formation....I don't know how you did it, but I will definetly report it....He was the only guy I've bumped into to do this to me....

All in All, this glitch is pretty tough to play against, but it's very beatable, I figure if your playing someone who sucks at Madden and all he does is try to learn cheats, then you will beat him, but playing someone who knows his Madden and on top of that, still cheats would be very tough to beat....

So I know it's out there,.... How they do it??? I don't know, nor do I EVER want to know....the day I know how to do this, will be the day I lose the fun in playing Madden....

Fudge 101
09-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Here's my update and take on this glitch:

I got done in pretty bad by some guy who went by the EA name "NTPVick 7"

This guy used the Falcons, and I wasn't aware of such a glitch or that this glitch even existed....I stopped the guy on his first series and managed to take a 7-0 lead ....

when I stopped him on his second series and he was about to punt to me, he paused the game and said "Your cheating, that's not fair, your using the run/pass glitch, you know when I'm throwing and when I'm running, that's it I'm reporting you to EA and if you want to play like that I can play like that too"....

I then replied "what the F*** are you talking about, don't you think that if I knew how to do such a glitch, I'd be undefeated right now???" then I laughed and said "Go ahead, report anything you want" (but keep in mind I wasn't aware of this such glitch, I just thought to myself 'What an idiot, there can't be such a glitch, I'm just going to flat out beat him')

So we resumed the game. I was in for a shock, I'm not sure how he did it, but everytime I'd come out on a run play, all his guys were stacked and I'd audible and he's know when it was a run or a pass, to top it all off, He'd come out on Punt block everytime I'd use a regular punt kick formation, but if I came out on max protect he'd come out on punt return mode....So not only did he know what I was doing, but his ST were being glitched as well somehow....

I must say, I never believed there was such a glitch till I played this guy...I threw Playactions at him and he would not bite....I know for a fact he was using that glitch....at the end of the game (after he beat me) he said "I was just kidding man, Good game"....but I replied...

"It's cool man, cause the one who's going to be doing the reporting here is me....You knew everytime I was passing or throwing, heck even your ST knew about my ST formation....I don't know how you did it, but I will definetly report it....He was the only guy I've bumped into to do this to me....

All in All, this glitch is pretty tough to play against, but it's very beatable, I figure if your playing someone who sucks at Madden and all he does is try to learn cheats, then you will beat him, but playing someone who knows his Madden and on top of that, still cheats would be very tough to beat....

So I know it's out there,.... How they do it??? I don't know, nor do I EVER want to know....the day I know how to do this, will be the day I lose the fun in playing Madden....

The glitch is SO annoying. I run iform 80% of the time and i have to change my whole play style when ppl do the glitch.It is seriously so annoying when you do a run play and they audible with like a goaline then you do a playaciton and in they audible into a quarter. Oh and preda...i think i know what he was doing in special teams...and its not a glitch. It would make sense to me that he was picking punt block everytime and when the play started he would audible to punt return if you were i regular like instantaniously. That way he always had you. Maybe thats not what you meant...i have no clue...anyways i still dont understand why madden did that glitch to the game. I thrive off of run playaction and it just ruins it it really does...

arsenal
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
so what id do is call a running play with 4 wide, let him bring out his stacked defense to stop the run, then audible to a pass, so that hes got LBs covering your 3rd and 4th WRs and they should beat them for a completion...

Fudge 101
09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
so what id do is call a running play with 4 wide, let him bring out his stacked defense to stop the run, then audible to a pass, so that hes got LBs covering your 3rd and 4th WRs and they should beat them for a completion...

yeah...but then you have to throw... ith gus on my team...id rather allow ronnie and ricky to do the work

arsenal
09-14-2005, 05:36 PM
well after you establish that, they wont be able to do that anymore.. or you can do the opposite, call bunch formations as passes, and when they come out in a quarter... you audible to a run

footballer
09-14-2005, 09:59 PM
im onps23, not the box..