PDA

View Full Version : Another....

dolfanrob55
09-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Rate my team thread. Sorry but this is my second year playing FF and if you all don't mind I need your best advice. I'm in three leagues total but this league is my "close friends" league and I REALLY want to win this one for the bragging rights.

Backstory:
As of last week I had a very average team. Then we had a guy not get a trade he wanted and he cried, took his ball and went home (quit the league). Because of this his girlfriend left the league so that left two teams that had no managers. Our Commish decided to have two supplemental drafts for the players on those teams so they did not go to waste.Those not picked in the drafts went to FA where whoever wanted them could pick them up. This is my team now.

Team:
QB- D. McNadd- Phi
QB- D. Brees- SD
WR- A Lelie- Den
WR- N. Burleson- Min
WR- C. Chambers- Mia
WR- R. Caldwell- SD
RB- C. Portis- Was
RB- S. Jackson- StL
TE- M. Pollard- Det
TE- R. McMichael- Mia
W/T- G. Lewis- Phi
W/R- M. Anderson- Den
BN- M. Hasselbeck- Sea
BN- D. Jackson- Sea
BN- J. Arrington- Ari
BN- F. Taylor- Jac
BN- H. Ward- Pit

K- D. Akers- Phi
K- M. Vanderjagt- Ind

DEF- Baltimore
DEF- Mia
BN- Tampa Bay

D- R. Lewis- Bal
DB- R. Harrison- NE
DL- J. Taylor- Mia

Questions:
1) Do I start the combo of Brees/Caldwell or Hasselbeck/Jackson?
I like playing QB/WR combos when possible because of the double point value for yards/TDs when they hook up.
2) Start Mia or TB week 1?
The homer in me says start Mia especially since I have J.T. on DL. But with our young secondary I'm not sure it is wise to start them against Smith/Lelie.
3) Is there anyone on this team that you would outright drop?
I'd like a free roster spot to pick up a K or TE for bye weeks.
4) Other than the QB/WR combo are there any changes to the starting roster that you would make?

Additional Info:
I have a trade proposal in to another team for T.O. If accepted it will probably be voted down by the other managers but I had to try. I'm figuring that T.O. will draw a lot of attention and allow G. Lewis some space to catch some balls, especially in the red zone. That is why I picked up G. Lewis in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, ideas, advice. :)

dolfanrob55
09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
:feedback:

finsRback
09-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Rate my team thread. Sorry but this is my second year playing FF and if you all don't mind I need your best advice. I'm in three leagues total but this league is my "close friends" league and I REALLY want to win this one for the bragging rights.

Backstory:
As of last week I had a very average team. Then we had a guy not get a trade he wanted and he cried, took his ball and went home (quit the league). Because of this his girlfriend left the league so that left two teams that had no managers. Our Commish decided to have two supplemental drafts for the players on those teams so they did not go to waste.Those not picked in the drafts went to FA where whoever wanted them could pick them up. This is my team now.

Team:
QB- D. McNadd- Phi
QB- D. Brees- SD
WR- A Lelie- Den
WR- N. Burleson- Min
WR- C. Chambers- Mia
WR- R. Caldwell- SD
RB- C. Portis- Was
RB- S. Jackson- StL
TE- M. Pollard- Det
TE- R. McMichael- Mia
W/T- G. Lewis- Phi
W/R- M. Anderson- Den
BN- M. Hasselbeck- Sea
BN- D. Jackson- Sea
BN- J. Arrington- Ari
BN- F. Taylor- Jac
BN- H. Ward- Pit

K- D. Akers- Phi
K- M. Vanderjagt- Ind

DEF- Baltimore
DEF- Mia
BN- Tampa Bay

D- R. Lewis- Bal
DB- R. Harrison- NE
DL- J. Taylor- Mia

Questions:
1) Do I start the combo of Brees/Caldwell or Hasselbeck/Jackson?
I like playing QB/WR combos when possible because of the double point value for yards/TDs when they hook up.
2) Start Mia or TB week 1?
The homer in me says start Mia especially since I have J.T. on DL. But with our young secondary I'm not sure it is wise to start them against Smith/Lelie.
3) Is there anyone on this team that you would outright drop?
I'd like a free roster spot to pick up a K or TE for bye weeks.
4) Other than the QB/WR combo are there any changes to the starting roster that you would make?

Additional Info:
I have a trade proposal in to another team for T.O. If accepted it will probably be voted down by the other managers but I had to try. I'm figuring that T.O. will draw a lot of attention and allow G. Lewis some space to catch some balls, especially in the red zone. That is why I picked up G. Lewis in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, ideas, advice. :)

Your team is very strong, your league must be small or inexperienced, start McNabb and never look back, combo are great when the team does well but when they lose so do you.

dolfanrob55
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Your team is very strong, your league must be small or inexperienced, start McNabb and never look back, combo are great when the team does well but when they lose so do you.

Thanks for the comment. :)

It was an auto draft situation. I started with Brees, Hasselbeck, and E. Manning. But because of the two teams dropping from the league I got McNabb in one of the supplemental drafts.
What I'd most like to know though is which QB is better for the second position?

dolfanrob55
09-10-2005, 08:47 AM
OK, so the trade for T.O went through. No worries at the QB/WR combo anymore... I can split the others now. And I'm starting TB and Mia on defense.

Thanks finsRback for your comment.