PDA

View Full Version : what assurance against Madden cheating?

PressCoverage
09-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi gents...

I've never had X-box live... However I did have previous versions of PC Madden and i remember hearing about blatant roster adjustment and game setting cheats there...

My questions is, how does X-box live work? What's to keep immature losers from altering their skill points numbers on their end and loading a game with an adjusted team? Also, what about game settings? WHat's to keep a player from sliding the bars to fit , say, improved blocking or higher interceptions, for one player...?

Is it all by honor system, or do rosters and settings default or lock to be fair for all?

thanks in advance, PC

Fudge 101
09-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the gaming section PC. The true reason why i will never play PC games. Its too easy to hack or crack a pc game without the recognition of the game. On Xbox Live, and PS2 online, both have default settings. For a ranked game, the minutes,difficulty, fatigue, penalties...etc are all locked by what ea considers fair or realistic. Additionally, you must have the current rosters downloaded to play and you cannot use edited players skills online. However, you can make roster adjustments in game or offline and save it for when you hop on. For example...changing your kick returner or messing with the OL. The statistics of the players however remain the same. To prevent cheating devices such as gameshark or codebreaker, PS2 has their own blockade called DNAS to search for those devices. I believe XBOX does their own as well. So PC, playing on XBOX or PS2 will allow you to play hack free. Although, sometimes people find ways to block kicks or blitz specially which i consider cheating if it works everytime but so far with this version we dont have any of those yet **knocks on wood**.

Edit: there is also a feature called "fair play". it makes it so that if someone is on like 4th and 10, they must punt until like the two minute drill. it helps keep the game realistic and stop the cheesy going for it every fourth down. I must say though its not perfected, as i have been forced to punt or kick a field goal at 4th and inches.

PressCoverage
09-05-2005, 04:24 PM
On Xbox Live, and PS2 online, both have default settings. For a ranked game, the minutes,difficulty, fatigue, penalties...etc are all locked by what ea considers fair or realistic.

that's cool... but if i may ask, what are those settings?

also, what is the quarter length? do you HAVE to play with the passing cone?... can you adjust controller settings?

i'm considering buying X-box Live... what's the total cost?

Fudge 101
09-05-2005, 04:39 PM
that's cool... but if i may ask, what are those settings?

also, what is the quarter length? do you HAVE to play with the passing cone?... can you adjust controller settings?

i'm considering buying X-box Live... what's the total cost?

The quarter length for a ranked game is 4 minutes, which i believe is one minute down from last year. keeps the game to less than an hour each. Yes, for a ranked game, the passing cone must be turned on. In terms of controller settings if you mean changing to scramble button or something i dont see why thats not allowed. I have both xbox live and PS2 online. I bought madden for PS2 which i now know is a mistake. this is simply because PS2 has dial-up players as well (major lag) while xbox live only has broadband connections. after the intial purchase of a headset and all that, xbox live is about 50 bucks if paid annually or like 9.99 if you want to pay monthly. obviously, annually is much cheaper.

The ONLY complaint i have about online play, is that if you are up lets say only 14-0 and the person quits or disconnects, then you have to finish the entire game against the computer to achieve your win. After the second qtr, if you are up by 21 however, you can "grant mercy" to your opponent so they can end their game early and you get the win. I wish they had made it so if they quit you get the win no matter what because i personally hate playing the cpu. okay enough of my my ranting...:yell: :sleep:

PhinsPhan
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Xbox live is so worth it. Even just for one game. But fact is you can play so many titles on it. It is somewhat hackproof. Halo was starting to get hacked and Bungie put out a huge patch and banned many people. Madden you will run into your occasional loser but you also have a friends list and can just keep adding people you know are legit players.

Finally IMO the passing cone is the single greatest addition ever. That is right. Most people hate it, but I can't count how many times I have played Robo-QB players where all they do is run back, back, back and just pick the Vicks, McNairs, Culpeppers of the world and throw a bomb while 20 yards out of the pocket on their back foot and to complete it. With the passing cone it has eliminted the single most annoying aspect the game ever had.

PressCoverage
09-07-2005, 03:17 AM
With the passing cone it has eliminted the single most annoying aspect the game ever had.

i thought the single most annoying aspect the game ever had was when the computer decides it needs a touchdown, and immediately gets one...

:D

NLude33
09-07-2005, 10:05 AM
So you get updated rosters with Xbox Live? Can you use those rosters offline?

Fudge 101
09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
So you get updated rosters with Xbox Live? Can you use those rosters offline?

of course.