PDA

View Full Version : Need Madden advice

JL25
09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi people. I'm sure there are Madden experts here, so I wanted some advice. I have a problem playing people that do press coverage the whole game. Most of my losses is because of that. I just can't get a good passing game going. By the time my recievers are free, I either get sacked or have to hurry my pass to avoid a sack and the pass is way off or get intercepted. I'll get good runs now and then but it's just not enough. I just don't know what to do against it. Any advice? Thanks.

Nappy Roots
09-06-2005, 11:09 PM
try putting your WRs in motion and throw to your TE

Fudge 101
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
try putting your WRs in motion and throw to your TE

Toss some screens, TE's are HUGE for press, I throw to David Boston sometimes because the press doesnt work too well on him. Ronnie can catch something in the flats without press...there so many choices. Of course...runnins is always good since the WR's are right there to block right away with the press...Good Luck...

PhinsPhan
09-06-2005, 11:38 PM
go in the bunch formation. Too hard to press in that.

Run slam plays.

throw slants, they break down the press very well with boston booker and chambers all being strong receivers.

play-action, throwing a deep bomb. If you got your running game going.

PressCoverage
09-07-2005, 03:24 AM
isolate a big receiver, hot route your TE and RBs to block for extra time... wait to beat his jam and enjoy the free 30 yards as you loft it over his head...

Predaphin
09-07-2005, 03:21 PM
isolate a big receiver, hot route your TE and RBs to block for extra time... wait to beat his jam and enjoy the free 30 yards as you loft it over his head...

This won't necessarily work if the opponent has an elite CB playing the WR (i.e., Champ Bailey, Patrick Surtain).....Especially if he's getting help from the Safety....and it would also depend whether or not the opponent is playing Man or Zone coverage.