PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven Fundraising Event: Six Tickets, Three Games

FinHeavenAJ
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Very seldom does FinHeaven participate in a fundraising event like this. Thus, right off the bat... you know there has to be something up.

Well, there is. It involved Vanessa Cunha (http://www.vanessacunha.net/)of Bayville, NJ.

To quote the website: Vanessa Cunha is a beautiful 2 1/2 year old little girl who was diagnosed with cancer on June 9, 2005. The type of cancer she has is called Rhabdomyosarcoma Alveoli, which is a form of the disease that develops in the skeletal tissue. To learn more about it, visit the American Cancer Society (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_1X_What_is_rhabdomyosarcoma_53.asp?sitearea=) website.

Well, I recently was approached by my friend Chris, aka gators910. Chris lives next doory to Vanessa and wants to help the family out. He wishes to use FinHeaven as his "medium" sort to speak. I know we'll be able to raise some money for this young girl and her family.

So, Chris will be donating four tickets to two different games this season. One pair of tickets is for the Panthers game and the other is for the Jets game in December. Both tickets are located in section 411, row 5. These tickets include a parking pass.

To make the offer better, I will be throwing in two tickets to the FinHeaven Tailgate Party vs. the Chiefs. The tickets to the Chiefs game won't include a parking pass.

Here is how this is going to work... it's pretty simple. If you are interested, just respond to this post with your bid. No hidden offers or anything... just post how much you are willing to pay for these tickets. You are able to report a new offer.

Bidding will start at $200 for all six tickets.

If you are unable to make an offer but would like to send a donation to the family, please view this webpage: http://www.vanessacunha.net/help.htm

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

A Wing Pilot
09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't need the tickets, is it possible just to donate $$$?

FinHeavenAJ
09-10-2005, 05:01 PM
It is indeed possible to just donate, according to that page... you can send donations to:

Vanessa Cunha
34 Timberline Road
Bayville, NJ 08721

Jt0323
09-10-2005, 05:28 PM
It is indeed possible to just donate, according to that page... you can send donations to:

Vanessa Cunha
34 Timberline Road
Bayville, NJ 08721

thanks for the address

Edit:

Also if anyone wants to give blood they can

If you missed the blood drive or live too far and would still like to donate blood, you can do so by contacting the American Red Cross (http://www.pleasegiveblood.org/) at their website or calling 1-800-GIVE LIFE. Your donation could save someone's life

fin-atic
09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I will start the bidding at $200!

Let me know the ending date so I can track it to make sure I stay in the hunt!

gators910
09-10-2005, 07:17 PM
thanks for the help :clap:

A Wing Pilot
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Just donated plasma this afternoon and will follow up with blood next week (earliest possible) do we need to send the blood specifically to her or are you just asking for people to give? The check is in the mail (well on monday it is).

gators910
09-10-2005, 07:48 PM
they just had a blood drive and collected 189 pints,,i think their just asking to donate now ,but i will find out....thanks alot awing

FinHeavenAJ
09-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Matt for starting the auction off!

Since the tickets include the Panthers game on the 25th, the auction will end on the 20th...

Spegg
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
So how many tickets/games are the bid for? Are the tickets for both games Jets/Panthers or are there 2 auctions? On the first post it says 6 tickets.

FinHeavenAJ
09-10-2005, 11:14 PM
There are six tickets up for auction in total... all one bid.

Jt0323
09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
man im surprised that their is only 1 bidder, its for a good cause and you get to go to 3 Dolphin games, man i wished i lived in miami,

gators910
09-20-2005, 07:23 AM
last day to bid on these 3 games.aj what time does the bidding stop?

FinHeavenAJ
09-20-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm gonna give as much time to other bidders as possible: 11:59 pm.

Come on people: this is a huge deal here, and you're supporting a great cause.

fin-atic
09-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I assume I won.

Please tell me how to make payment, check, Paypal, whatever. And I will quickly pay for this worthy cause.
I wish we could have gotten better reponse on this. But either way I am happy to do my part. I hope it helps little Vanessa and I applaud AJ and Chris for getting involved.

God Bless her and let u sknow from time to time how she progresses.

FinHeavenAJ
09-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I personally expected this to do a little bit better. So, I'm gonna put my wallet where my mouth is and contribute to Matt's donation. Matt can keep the tickets and whatnot and I'll match him.

Megatron
09-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I personally expected this to do a little bit better. So, I'm gonna put my wallet where my mouth is and contribute to Matt's donation. Matt can keep the tickets and whatnot and I'll match him. Now we're talking!!!

sugarcane
09-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Very sweet AJ,you da man! ;)

gators910
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
fin-atic you should get the tix today.thanks again fin and aj,,i will be matching what both of you donated:)