PDA

View Full Version : Jets fans think Fielder should start.

billybojim
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
People on GangGreen are saying that fiedler should start and that he has good velocity on his passes. lol I wish we had a QB like Pennington. Maybe we should of tried a Fiedler for pennington trade.

Tommy5988
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
link

FemaleFinFan
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Not suprising, he was always good at throwing to the Jets!

yankeehillbilly
09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Jets fans should listen to the old words of wisdom...."Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

MiamiDolphins34
09-11-2005, 10:02 PM

:lol: good one.

Finfan80
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Dude, believe me, I live in the heart of enemy territory -New York City -and I'm lmao about this. I really really hope Fiedler starts! I just can't wait for the gradual, but inevitable, implosion of the Jets when that happens

Canadianfishfan
Yea...Let him start against us..............like hes gonna see the "same ole same ole"...
Then we'll unleash the beast of AFC East all over his a$$!:evil:

We have a share of the division lead.. hahahahaha!:rofl3: At least for one week!

DolfanTom
People on GangGreen are saying that fiedler should start and that he has good velocity on his passes. lol I wish we had a QB like Pennington. Maybe we should of tried a Fiedler for pennington trade.

This is a bizarre thing aobut Jet fans I've noticed. Since they signed Feebler, I've been ragging all my Jet fan friends. Even did so this morning. For some reason, they all are actually happy to have him as a backup, and think he's a solid NFL QB. huh???????? :confused: Did these people ver watch a Jet-Dolphin game in recent years? I really don't think Jet fans grasp the reality of the Feebler situation. May their Feebler wish be granted next week!!!!

CitizenSnips
ew penningtons horrible. hes nothing without paul hackett. i would never want him.

KB21
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes. Please start him next week against Miami. We could then put Tebucky and Lance right up on the line and not worry about the pass at all.

SMadison29
09-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Fiedler is a bum. They should know first hand after all the ints he's thrown to them.

ew penningtons horrible. hes nothing without paul hackett. i would never want him.

Pennington is learning Heimerdinger's offense, which is better than Hackett's. Pennington just had a bad game.

SSnowman
09-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't wanna talk too much smack cause that would really burn if he did play and managed to win against us. :escape:

billybojim
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah Jay Fiedler sucks donkey balls. We should never have given up Brian Griese who we gave up nothing for and traded a 2nd rounder for Feeley who is a career backup and and who is average at best.

kastofsna120
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
i'd like to see him start. it'd be quite refreshing to see dolphin players catch his passes

FireWrongstedt
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Jet fans are stupid. This just re-enforces it.

vinivedivichi
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't wanna talk too much smack cause that would really burn if he did play and managed to win against us. :escape:

Would that not be the most gut wrenching feeling ever......To get beaten by a Jay Fiedler led team? Wow I hope I never have to see that happen.

DolfanTom
09-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Would that not be the most gut wrenching feeling ever......To get beaten by a Jay Fiedler led team? Wow I hope I never have to see that happen.

If we were beaten by a Fiedler led team, it would likely have absolutely nothing to do with Fiedler. Much like our many wins under him in 00-03.

Rafiki
09-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Jay Fielder gives the Jets the best chance to win, guys.

CitizenSnips
09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Fiedler is a bum. They should know first hand after all the ints he's thrown to them.

Pennington is learning Heimerdinger's offense, which is better than Hackett's. Pennington just had a bad game.

no no no. Pennington was good because of hacketts offense being so run heavy and flats oriented. Pennington is a very overrated QB IMO, and Heimerdingers new offense totally shows it. he can't even handle a shot gun snap...

Roman529
09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I had the same exact rotator cuff surgery that Chad Pennington had....it is really hard to get the shoulder back to where it was....you feel soreness and the strength just isnt there....I dont know if Chad will ever be able to zip the ball like he once did.

FemaleFinFan
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Jay Fielder gives the Jets the best chance to win, guys.

Just like he did here, right?:shakeno:

Rafiki
09-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Dave Wannestadt swears by him, and that's one grade-A coach if I've ever seen one.

FemaleFinFan
09-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Dave Wannestadt swears by him, and that's one grade-A coach if I've ever seen one.

I'm hoping thats sarcasim. And if its not, just don't answer and let me believe that it is....:shakeno:

NuttyFin
09-11-2005, 10:20 PM
You have to sign up to see the link
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=20201&highlight=Fielder

Fiedler over Pennington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never seen ANY quarterback look as bad as Pennington did in this game against KC. Give Fiedler a shot. How much worse can it get? And it would probably get a hell of a lot BETTER. Pennington is not comfortable with this new system. He looks scared, tentative and shell shocked. All you "HACKETT HAS TO GO" idiots...this one's on YOU!!!

Pennington had his chance in NY. It's over. You can all say that it's just one game. But we've seen this over the years. He cannot play. He's not good enough. I don't know if Fiedler is good enough, but at this point, I think I'm more comfortable with Fiedler. Give him a shot in NY. Let him at least try to lead us to victory. We need Fiedler to step up or we need to draft a new franchise QB. Chad Pennington is not the future of this team and never has been. He's a flash in the pan from one good year.

fielder has 2 clear advantages over chad at this point:

1) better velocity (he can throw a dart, sort of, whereas every pass chad throws looks like a rainbow, even out patterns and slants)

2) he can scramble (thus avoiding more sacks), which will help as our offensive line was clearly overmatched today.

I can't wait to refer back to this thread after next week's game. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/09/rofl2-1.gif

Rafiki
09-11-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm hoping thats sarcasim. And if its not, just don't answer and let me believe that it is....:shakeno:

Yeah my whole series of posts on this thread were sarcasm. I was worried by your first :shakeno:.

:D

KillerJosh373
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM
yea, Fiedler is a pretty good backup in the NFL. Was he perfect in his 5 years as a starter? Hell no! But thats why hes not a starter anymore. As a backup he has experience, he has confidence and he knows how to win a game. I certainly wouldnt start him over Pennington, but if Pennington gets hurt Fiedler is not bad at all to have as a 2nd option. Hes better then most 2nd string QBs. He is arguably better then our starter. You think 1 good game makes Gus so much better then Fiedler?? Ferrottes been a backup for most of his career and its a long season (You think hell play like a pro bowler all season?). Fiedler had good games for us also and he didnt get the kind of protection Gus got 2day. Ferrotte will have a bad game eventually and everyone on this board will want him replaced.

HScoach
09-11-2005, 10:24 PM

That's great FFF.

67Stang
09-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Man everybody still dogging Fiedler, I am glad he is gone, but I respect the guy. He got a bum wrap from day one here. He is capable of winning games, he torched the Cowboys a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving, and I will never forget that game winning scramble to win the game against the Raiders. Jay was part of the Bumstead era, and had to go. Be careful for what you wish for though, right now with Chad still hurt a bit, he does give the Jets the best chance. I am sure he wants us as bad as we do him. Make no mistake though, Jay is a Vet and knows what it takes to win games, he won a lot here with the help of our D obviously. The only thing I hope is he tries to throw a deep out on us, he lost so many games by doing that for us.

Rafiki
09-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Man everybody still dogging Fiedler, I am glad he is gone, but I respect the guy. He got a bum wrap from day one here. He is capable of winning games, he torched the Cowboys a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving, and I will never forget that game winning scramble to win the game against the Raiders. Jay was part of the Bumstead era, and had to go. Be careful for what you wish for though, right now with Chad still hurt a bit, he does give the Jets the best chance. I am sure he wants us as bad as we do him. Make no mistake though, Jay is a Vet and knows what it takes to win games, he won a lot here with the help of our D obviously. The only thing I hope is he tries to throw a deep out on us, he lost so many games by doing that for us.

The ability to win games does not, in any way, equal the ability to win games consistantly.

FinsForLife007
09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Dude, believe me, I live in the heart of enemy territory -New York City -and I'm lmao about this. I really really hope Fiedler starts! I just can't wait for the gradual, but inevitable, implosion of the Jets when that happens

Definitely.

StLouisFinFan
09-11-2005, 10:55 PM
This is a bizarre thing aobut Jet fans I've noticed. Since they signed Feebler, I've been ragging all my Jet fan friends. Even did so this morning. For some reason, they all are actually happy to have him as a backup, and think he's a solid NFL QB. huh???????? :confused: Did these people ver watch a Jet-Dolphin game in recent years? I really don't think Jet fans grasp the reality of the Feebler situation. May their Feebler wish be granted next week!!!!
Well, he is solid. He's also mercurial. Let them find out the hard way. Lord knows we did.

Joe Flipper
09-11-2005, 11:02 PM

:rofl3:

67Stang
09-11-2005, 11:09 PM
The ability to win games does not, in any way, equal the ability to win games consistantly.

No it doesn't, but he did here. There for a while him and Kurt Warner had the highest winning % in the league. Jay also dropped some mean stats on us when he was in Jacksonville in mop up duty, when we got our butts handed to us in the playoffs. That's when our D was in their prime too. He is 37 and 23, which puts him 5th amongst active QB's in winning %. I am not a Fiedler fan, but everyone thinks that if Jay starts, it's an automatic win. I would rather face a hurt Chad to be honest with you.

Roman529
09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
I think I would rather face Chad as well.....Fiedler knows the Dolphins and he does have his occasional good game....Chad has a bumb arm and I think we can get a lot more pressure on him.

Rafiki
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM
No it doesn't, but he did here. There for a while him and Kurt Warner had the highest winning % in the league. Jay also dropped some mean stats on us when he was in Jacksonville in mop up duty, when we got our butts handed to us in the playoffs. That's when our D was in their prime too. He is 37 and 23, which puts him 5th amongst active QB's in winning %. I am not a Fiedler fan, but everyone thinks that if Jay starts, it's an automatic win. I would rather face a hurt Chad to be honest with you.

How much of that winning percentage did he owe to our D and Ricky?

Seriously, if our defensive line can keep up the good work- I'm expecting at least an INT for a TD.

NJFINSFAN1
09-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Let Him!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/09/11/bc.fbn.broncos.dolphins.ap/index.html)

finfan54
09-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I like Jay fiedler. The crap he took here was uncalled for in a disrespectful sense. Jay has the ability to win games, but his weakness is his sideline ball. He has no power and he tends to lock into recievers downfield. But other than that, if he has a team behind him, he can do some damage. ive seen it live in Rich Stadium with a roucus crowd making jetliner noise and shutting them up within seconds.

other than that, i think we will kick his *** next week.

Coral Reefer
09-11-2005, 11:56 PM

I'm with them!

Start Jay in NY! :D

akfinfan
09-12-2005, 12:00 AM

Pennington sucks. He's overrated, hurt arm or not. I wouldn't pay $$ for him.

Coral Reefer
09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Pennington sucks. He's overrated, hurt arm or not. I wouldn't pay $$ for him.

So let me get this straight if I may....

You are agreeing that Fiedler is better than Pennington and should start over Pennington?

PressCoverage
09-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Jet fans are stupid. This just re-enforces it.

all due respect... but, this, in itself, sounds dumb... there is nothing inherently stupid about any one team's fans across the board... there are PLENTY of dumb dolphins fans... look around...

there are intelligent fans, and dumb fans, of every team.... i will say, however, that new york fans do TEND to be a bit more... rude. :D

endorPHINS72
09-12-2005, 12:06 AM
It's only fair. We took Ray Lucas off their hands and now they took Fiedler off ours. Karma's a *****...lol.

P.S. If they like our QBs so much, we'll take a 2nd rounder for Feeley!

Wildbill3
09-12-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd rather Chad penninton start this game, because he doesn't have a personal grude against the team.

Coral Reefer
09-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I'd rather Chad penninton start this game, because he doesn't have a personal grude against the team.

I understand your angle.
However, I think talent will outweigh mediocrity with a grudge every time.

I'd be MUCH more comfortable with Fiedler leading the Jets against us than Pennington.

endorPHINS72
09-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Contrary to what some have posted here, Jay Fiedler isn't familiar with our defense. We have a completely new defensive scheme here under Coach Saban. He may be familiar with some of the tendancies of our players, but on the other hand, they are just as familiar with his tendancies. Advantage: Dolphins

Strangeworld
09-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Mod Edit: Read the TOS about circumventing the profanity filter. Last warning.

yankeehillbilly
09-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Mod Edit: Read the TOS about circumventing the profanity filter. Last warning.

Careful, the mods usually don't take kindly to people circumventing the profanity filters so blatantly.:D

Wildbill3
09-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Contrary to what some have posted here, Jay Fiedler isn't familiar with our defense. We have a completely new defensive scheme here under Coach Saban. He may be familiar with some of the tendancies of our players, but on the other hand, they are just as familiar with his tendancies. Advantage: DolphinsGood, all we have to do is score off of the 3 intereceptions he will throw.

Wildbill3
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM
I understand your angle.
However, I think talent will outweigh mediocrity with a grudge every time.

I'd be MUCH more comfortable with Fiedler leading the Jets against us than Pennington.I'd rather play mediocrity without a grudge every time, and in this case it would be chad. Of course before the broncos game I think I would still take him over our other QBs, but then I have liked him since marshall. did his injury really take that much away from his throws?:confused:

yankeehillbilly
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM
all due respect... but, this, in itself, sounds dumb... there is nothing inherently stupid about any one team's fans across the board... there are PLENTY of dumb dolphins fans... look around...

there are intelligent fans, and dumb fans, of every team.... i will say, however, that new york fans do TEND to be a bit more... rude. :D

hey, why don't we move Zach Thomas to safety???????
or, We should be starting Brock Berlin!!!

ohall
09-12-2005, 03:19 AM

When he was here, yes he was our best option.

Be careful with all this trash talk. It could easily come back to bite all of us!

PHINPHOURLIFE
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Not suprising, he was always good at throwing to the Jets!:rofl3:

question for you what do you think is gonna happen with 3rd string qb AJ ?

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd rather play mediocrity without a grudge every time, and in this case it would be chad. Of course before the broncos game I think I would still take him over our other QBs, but then I have liked him since marshall. did his injury really take that much away from his throws?:confused:It looks like it is a problem for him.

#1 Fan
09-12-2005, 04:44 PM
with fiedler at qb we can stack all 11 people on the line. i wish they would start him.

i like how jets fans actually think he has velocity. chad with his bum shoulder still throws harder.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
with fiedler at qb we can stack all 11 people on the line. i wish they would start him.

i like how jets fans actually think he has velocity. chad with his bum shoulder still throws harder.What kills me is that everyone knocks Jay around now that he is gone, but tons of you were singing his praise when he was doing well.

Phin-o-rama
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
welcome to being a fan

im sure you rooted for bledsoe when he did well right? pfft

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2005, 05:18 PM
welcome to being a fan

im sure you rooted for bledsoe when he did well right? pfftBledsoe never played for the Jets genius!

Marino1983
09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
But at least Pennington knows that he is playing for the jest and not throw imbecilic interceptions!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

Phin-o-rama
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Bledsoe never played for the Jets genius!

rofl i thought you were a bills fan....cant keep up with all you ****s you all look alike to me.

im sure you see my point though, since your such a genius

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2005, 06:51 PM
rofl i thought you were a bills fan....cant keep up with all you ****s you all look alike to me.

im sure you see my point though, since your such a geniusActually i don't bright boy! Why don't you bless me with your intelligence!

Dolphan5876
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM

:D I can relate. We probably know the same fans and they are asking for Feebler!! One thing I have noticed since living up here is that Opinions chyange real quick with a loss.