PDA

View Full Version : The official start Jay Fiedler for the Jets thread

dkenned1
09-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Ok Pennington, you noodle arm. You've seen your day as the Jets QB and there were some high points.

Such as: a 19 yd pass to Santana Moss against the Pats while Jets legend Joe Namath explains how you're not a thrower you're a passer and then tells Suzy Kolber he wants to kiss her. "That Joe is a Happy Guy" said Theismann

Now that being said, every dog has its day, and now its time for you to release the reins to Jay Fiedler. You can't even come close to having the type of headset reception he has, and he doesn't even need batteries. His ears are even able to tune in DirecTV. Plus with his big signing bonus, he even paid for the SuperFan package.

I believe that since Jay has already been scoring touchdowns by passing the ball to the Jets and putting the ball down on the ground in front of Jets defenders during his tenure as a Dolphin, he has the experience needed for this game.

Come on Herm, JAY JAY JAY.

This one is for you, SMIZZY

Dolfan1000
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
They are the same QB.. Noodle arm, goofy looking etc.

VanDolPhan
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
/me swears a few of you 'want' to see Jay beat us.

Right now if you want the weaker of the 2 QB's then you want Chad.

Smizzy
09-13-2005, 01:01 AM
This one is for you, SMIZZY

Jay won't play! Jay won't play!

AtticusFinz
09-13-2005, 01:04 AM

doesnt matter who plays, JETS are DOOOOOOMED!

Sgt.FinFan
09-13-2005, 01:04 AM

Why ? I read plenty in the NY papers how you guys got a
great backup. So if your starter's noodle arm is more limp
then usual you should play that great backup.

Smizzy
09-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Why ? I read plenty in the NY papers how you guys got a
great backup. So if your starter's noodle arm is more limp
then usual you should play that great backup.

His arm is fine. You will see it for yourself. I just hope he can hold on to the football.

AtticusFinz
09-13-2005, 01:22 AM
His arm is fine. You will see it for yourself. I just hope he can hold on to the football.

His arm may be fine but I thought his shoulder was the problem

PressCoverage
09-13-2005, 09:54 AM
/me swears a few of you 'want' to see Jay beat us.

Right now if you want the weaker of the 2 QB's then you want Chad.

i'm sorry.... but Jay Fiedler is not beating this defense... they may beat us, but it won't be that 33 yearold ephus pitcher doing the damage...

NJFINSFAN1
09-13-2005, 09:59 AM
I would rather see Chad then Jay!

FakeSpike13
09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
how bout Taylor gets after Chad so hard, that he has a sore shoulder, a 2nd str8 bad game, and Herm yanks him midway through the 3rd quarter with the Jets down 27-10?!?!? Sound Good? ANy1?

Dolphin_Daz
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
It dont matter who starts, he wont last long in the game, our D is fired up and playing hard. Their 3rd stringer might wanna do some proper warm ups come Sunday! :)

COME ON MIAMI!!!

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I would love to see jay be able to come in and beat you guys but Chad will handled those duties this week and the rest of the year beating other teams.

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:07 AM
doesnt matter who plays, JETS are DOOOOOOMED!

it's going to be alot of fun here next week :rofl3:

ch19079
09-13-2005, 10:08 AM
if you loose to pennington, thats ok, that means last week was a flook loss for them.

if you loose to Fielder, you just SUCK.

and i dont think pennington has completly recovered.

NaboCane
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
it's going to be alot of fun here next week :rofl3:

:lol: It is, isn't it?

PressCoverage
09-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I would love to see jay be able to come in and beat you guys but Chad will handled those duties this week and the rest of the year beating other teams.

and i would like to see every aging veteran of that defense get a shot at a quarterback who left them just shaking their head in disappointment several dozen times in the lockerroom afterwards.... always, after the defense did everything in its power to win a game by themselves, only to be foiled on the other side by the man "throwing" the football.... (Houston Texans, opener '03, for example)

i know it, because i've been in that lockerroom after many very winnable games.... not everything you see and hear gets printed in the paper...

give us a pick 6 this time, Jay!

DolfanTom
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=20473

I asked the question of Jet fans last night why they like Fiedler. Overall, they seem to really like him - I'm floored over this. One even said Jay won with the dolphins "despite having no talent around him." :rofl3: :eek: :confused:

It's amazing what homers those guys are (not that we don't have our share here). How they can like this guy is beyond me!! Of all the teams in the AFC East, the Jets should know how mistake-prone Feebler can be.

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
and i would like to see every aging veteran of that defense get a shot at a quarterback who left them just shaking their head in disappointment several dozen times in the lockerroom afterwards.... always, after the defense did everything in its power to win a game by themselves, only to be foiled on the other side by the man "throwing" the football.... (Houston Texans, opener '03, for example)

i know it, because i've been in that lockerroom after many very winnable games.... not everything you see and hear gets printed in the paper...

give us a pick 6 this time, Jay!

Can jay get some revenge for all the big games the dolphin D failed to show up in?

DolfanTom
09-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Can jay get some revenge for all the big games the dolphin D failed to show up in?
What, all one or two of 'em?

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
What, all one or two of 'em?

W/ jay there was Oak in '00 and bal in '01 in the playoffs, blowing the Minny & NE games the last 2 weeks of '02. The years just prior to Jay the list is much longer including those sterling efforts against Den & jax in the playoffs.

DolfanTom
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
W/ jay there was Oak in '00 and bal in '01 in the playoffs, blowing the Minny & NE games the last 2 weeks of '02. The years just prior to Jay the list is much longer including those sterling efforts against Den & jax in the playoffs.

First off, before Jay was before Jay!

Secondly, the Oakland '00 playoff game? THAT game? You mean the one where Jay missed a wide open O.J. McDuffie on the opening drive and - instead - threw about seven yards to his left, where an Oakland defender picked it off and took it to the house? THAT game? Yeah, poor Jay in that one.

The Baltimore game in the '01 playoffs? Outside of McKnight juggling a big play into an interception, I don't recall Feebs doing anything spectacular except continually put pressure on the Dolphin D by going three and out.

The Minny and NE disasters of '02 are more to your point, but that's the only two I can recall overall. And in both those, I don't recall Jay as being a big hero either - rather Ricky was rushing all over the place.

Seriously, Jay was a burdon on this team far more times than the team was a burdon on him. Please stop w/ this! He was not the right guy for us and contributed to many an embarassing moment!!! I could give you a list if you make me ....

[S][T][O][R][M]
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM

I think some here forget Jay can run ... and he can run pretty well.

Either way, if the "Predicon" #98 has his way, you guys are going to need a 3rd quarterback option by the end of Sunday.

Perhaps we'll send over Feely? And why not? Your coach picked a kicker for their first round pick? (LOL) Look who else was availible !!

So, point is, if your team (if you wanna call it that) picks a kicker for their 1st round pick, whilest letting others go (like Roth, Crowder,etc.), me thinks your team will take Feely, and pay us off for his guaranteed money this year ... and in addition, we'll take Vilma and a late round 2006 pick for the trade.

Oh yea, BTW, see ya Sunday and don't forget that a$$hat fireman ed. LOL

Typical NY Pets fan ------> :juggle:

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
First off, before Jay was before Jay!

Secondly, the Oakland '00 playoff game? THAT game? You mean the one where Jay missed a wide open O.J. McDuffie on the opening drive and - instead - threw about seven yards to his left, where an Oakland defender picked it off and took it to the house? THAT game? Yeah, poor Jay in that one.

The Baltimore game in the '01 playoffs? Outside of McKnight juggling a big play into an interception, I don't recall Feebs doing anything spectacular except continually put pressure on the Dolphin D by going three and out.

The Minny and NE disasters of '02 are more to your point, but that's the only two I can recall overall. And in both those, I don't recall Jay as being a big hero either - rather Ricky was rushing all over the place.

Seriously, Jay was a burdon on this team far more times than the team was a burdon on him. Please stop w/ this! He was not the right guy for us and contributed to many an embarassing moment!!! I could give you a list if you make me ....

I posted it many times this summer- check the winning % w/ jay as your QB compared to when jay was hurt. It is a huge difference, the problem is you guys got spoiled w/ #13 and Jay compared to dan is obviously unfair except that Jay '00 was better than dan '99.

tay0365
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM

You can count those games on one hand, and still have a few piggies left.

nick1
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
no way the Jets win they could barely put up 7 on the Chiefs and with dumbo in the game we will be getting at least 2 turnovers

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 10:44 AM
You can count those games on one hand, and still have a few piggies left.

Come on, you know that supposed big time D was a fraud and was slauightered in big games especially the playoffs. The #s don't lie- your last 5 playoff losses w/ that "big time D" you gave up 164 points or 33 a game.

tay0365
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM

I don't think even you believe that, the reason Jay was so successful in Miami (and will not be in NY) is because Miami D was more time then not, just plain awesome, and even though your team's Defense has gotten much better, it is no where as good as Miami's. So if Jay were to come in, I would be worried for about 10 sec (Where he throws his 1st INT).

Not showing disrespect to Jay, I just have a little more for Chad, and know that Jay cannot win a game. For jay to win it for you, every other part of the Jets Offense would have to step it up, and the Jet's D would have to be shutdown football (something the Jets D can not do consistantly).

nick1
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
stop living in the past nyjunc, our D this year is great and under Saban won't lose games for us

DolfanTom
09-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Come on, you know that supposed big time D was a fraud and was slauightered in big games especially the playoffs. The #s don't lie- your last 5 playoff losses w/ that "big time D" you gave up 164 points or 33 a game.
Hey, our defense has definitely folded like a tent after Memorial Day weekend several times, but the topic is about Jay! Not all of those D-folding games were Jay masterpieces, remember! However, to the contrary, his winning record was a result of good RBs and good D almost all of the time, while he actually won very few games by himself. The list of "shoulda-had" wins w/ Jay goes on and on. For Ss & Gs:

-Patriots '03 (game 1): In OT, Jay rolls out right and underthrows a wide-open (by like five yards) Chambers who easily would have scored and given the Dolphins a 5-1 record at the time and fifth straight win. Instead, the noodle-arm-thrown ball is picked off. Next play, Brady hits a deep pass for the victory. If I remember correctly, one more win would have given us a playoff berth in '03 ...

-Texans '03: While it wasn't his fault that he had to throw the ball in that situation (that's for another thread), Jay telegraphs a pick at the very end (because of his very weak arm that had no business throwing a deep out) that put the Texans in scoring position - and ultimately, in victory postion. If I remember correctly, one more win would have given us a playoff berth in '03 ...

-Jets '04 (game 1): I was there so this really bugged me. He throws yet another telegraphed - and I mean telegraphed - pick 6, putting yet more pressure on the D. Then, during the final drive with a chance to tie the game, he laterals the ball to the TACKLE. Nothing good EVER happens when you lateral the ball to the tackle!

-Bucs '00: Late in a game that we really needed to get a week 1 bye, Jay drives us down the field in an attempt to get a late win, but instead blows it by overthrowing a receiver, and perfectly landing the ball in a defender's hand. Game over!

-Jets '01 (game 2). Somehow in this one he gave up two TDs, one of which was a point blank interception in the flat, in which the defender was about five feet in front of him. Somehow, Jay thought he could throw over the defender who had jumped about 6 feet in the air directly in front of him. His lame attempt at a tackle was even more laughable. If I remember that game, we lost something like 21-3, and all three Jet TDs were a direct or indirect result of Feebler gafs. Our D was like lights out, but the effort was wasted.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. Not to mention all the games our D did just enough to overcome aweful Feebler efforts and win ugly.

tay0365
09-13-2005, 11:04 AM

The problem with Miami's D was the way Wanny was using it. Wanny
philosophy was to try not to lose the game, and play very conservative on offense, this put most of the responsibility on the defense, by the 13th game, players on the defense were either dead tired, playing injured, or out.

Most of our talent was on defense, and Wanny just rode them to good early records, and fade at the end, instead of trying to get a little more balance on Offense, and give the defense more time to keep them more fresh for the rest of the season.

[S][T][O][R][M]
09-13-2005, 11:52 AM
The problem with Miami's D was the way Wanny was using it. Wanny
philosophy was to try not to lose the game, and play very conservative on offense, this put most of the responsibility on the defense, by the 13th game, players on the defense were either dead tired, playing injured, or out.

Most of our talent was on defense, and Wanny just rode them to good early records, and fade at the end, instead of trying to get a little more balance on Offense, and give the defense more time to keep them more fresh for the rest of the season.

I agree ... and if I may add, I think wanny was more concerned with losing rather than winning.

:whip2:
You're a "J-E-T-S Fan"?
You must luv to get a whoooooppi'n !

nyrican
09-13-2005, 12:12 PM
got to give it you dolfans the phins win the first game of the season @ miami where it is extremely difficult to play in the heat and humidity .... and your pounding your chests saying that the defense is great the offense is great and on and on you go, it's the first game of the season folks the first game :eek:

jake plummer flat out stunk.... and the broncos gave up ...

not going to be easy winning at the meadowlands next sunday...

stay tuned...

OhioPhin
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=nyrican]
QUOTE]

So, are you also saying that Chad Pennington flat out stunk.....and the jets gave up.....when they got stomped by the Chiefs?

nyrican
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=nyrican]
QUOTE]

So, are you also saying that Chad Pennington flat out stunk.....and the jets gave up.....when they got stomped by the Chiefs?

no pennington flat out stunk, turnovers did the Jets in dropped passes by Coles three would have been td"s wiped out 21 pts right there...

what im saying is don't get to giddy with the first win there .... not going to be easy on Sunday @ the Meadowlands...

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't think even you believe that, the reason Jay was so successful in Miami (and will not be in NY) is because Miami D was more time then not, just plain awesome, and even though your team's Defense has gotten much better, it is no where as good as Miami's. So if Jay were to come in, I would be worried for about 10 sec (Where he throws his 1st INT).

Not showing disrespect to Jay, I just have a little more for Chad, and know that Jay cannot win a game. For jay to win it for you, every other part of the Jets Offense would have to step it up, and the Jet's D would have to be shutdown football (something the Jets D can not do consistantly).

Your D was a paper tiger, they played great in September but wore down and were a disgrace late in the year and in the playoffs.

stop living in the past nyjunc, our D this year is great and under Saban won't lose games for us

After 1 game against the awful jake Plummer you are ready to call them great? :lol:

Jets '01 (game 2). Somehow in this one he gave up two TDs, one of which was a point blank interception in the flat, in which the defender was about five feet in front of him. Somehow, Jay thought he could throw over the defender who had jumped about 6 feet in the air directly in front of him. His lame attempt at a tackle was even more laughable. If I remember that game, we lost something like 21-3, and all three Jet TDs were a direct or indirect result of Feebler gafs. Our D was like lights out, but the effort was wasted.

It was 24-0, that play was Victor Green batting a ball on 4th and 1 and returning it for a TD. At that time we were completely in your heads, Jay wasn't great but that game was not on him. marino was doing similar things in '98 & '99 when we won 4 straight against you(2 w/ Ray Lucas at QB).

nick1
09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Denver has possibly the best running game in the NFL and you know what they did on us? nothing

R_t_Kraken
09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Lets... go... FiFi...!

PHINPHOURLIFE
09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
if you loose to pennington, thats ok, that means last week was a flook loss for them.

if you loose to Fielder, you just SUCK.

and i dont think pennington has completly recovered.

its lose jackass, not loose like your pu$$Y

PHINPHOURLIFE
09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
got to give it you dolfans the phins win the first game of the season @ miami where it is extremely difficult to play in the heat and humidity .... and your pounding your chests saying that the defense is great the offense is great and on and on you go, it's the first game of the season folks the first game :eek:

not going to be easy winning at the meadowlands next sunday...

stay tuned...

plummer looked like $#!t, because we made him look like $#!t, but we are gonna take penny out of the game:eek: