PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fans!

billybojim
09-13-2005, 12:45 PM
What ya gonna do brother? What are you going to do when the Miami Dolphins run wild on you.... Seriously though, they could not get anything done vs. the chiefs defense what do they think they can do against us? I'm sure we will get a couple of field goals at the very least.

Smizzy
09-13-2005, 01:27 PM
What ya gonna do brother? What are you going to do when the Miami Dolphins run wild on you.... Seriously though, they could not get anything done vs. the chiefs defense what do they think they can do against us? I'm sure we will get a couple of field goals at the very least.

We couldn't get anything done because we fumbled 7 times and dropped 3 TD passes and a missed FG.

That won't happen every week.

We cut those mistakes in half we score more then 7 points.

Laugh it up now....then on sunday be shocked when we take it to you.

nick1
09-13-2005, 02:00 PM
We couldn't get anything done because we fumbled 7 times and dropped 3 TD passes and a missed FG.

That won't happen every week.

We cut those mistakes in half we score more then 7 points.

Laugh it up now....then on sunday be shocked when we take it to you.
how do you figure? you won't have nearly as many chances at scoring on Miami as you did on KC. Our D is better then theirs and thats a fact, Denver had 1st down on the 2 yard line and couldn't score even when they went for it on 4th down, they couldn't mover the ball worth anything. Now, you can't possibly think that you offense is better then Denver's so therefore how in the world are you gonna score enough to win this game?

85inthehall
09-13-2005, 02:17 PM
denver is overrated and plummer suck --

the jets will score more against miami than denver did and our Defense will be fine against your week o-line -- and it is a middle of the road o-line -- you have to admit that.

NativeFin
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
denver is overrated and plummer suck --

the jets will score more against miami than denver did and our Defense will be fine against your week o-line -- and it is a middle of the road o-line -- you have to admit that.

How do you do figure, did Ears get the nod??????:lol: Our D will not give up more than 2 TD's .... if our offense doesn't dissapear, we'll have a chance to come out with win, but yeah the biggest factor will be the O-line in determining that.

washFin84
09-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Laugh it up now....then on sunday be shocked when we take it to you.Believe me I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking forward to Sunday

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Our D is better then theirs and thats a fact,

How is that a fact after 1 game? You guys are hilarious. :shakeno:

nick1
09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
How is that a fact after 1 game? You guys are hilarious. :shakeno:
just look at the players, our LBs are better, our whole d-line is better, we have a better defensive scheme. You just refuse to admit that Miami has a good team but you will see when Miami wins this weekend

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
just look at the players, our LBs are better, our whole d-line is better, we have a better defensive scheme. You just refuse to admit that Miami has a good team but you will see when Miami wins this weekend

KC has some players on D too, you guys have names but they are mostly older players on the decline. You had a good game last week but let's see you do it on the road in a hostile environment this week against a superior team.

nick1
09-13-2005, 04:56 PM
KC has some players on D too, you guys have names but they are mostly older players on the decline. You had a good game last week but let's see you do it on the road in a hostile environment this week against a superior team.
superior? don't make me laugh, if the Jets are our superior then what do you call the Broncos? master? you have a funny definition of superior, this is a brand new year and right now we would be your superior since we are 1-0 and you are 0-1

nyjunc
09-13-2005, 08:41 PM
superior? don't make me laugh, if the Jets are our superior then what do you call the Broncos? master? you have a funny definition of superior, this is a brand new year and right now we would be your superior since we are 1-0 and you are 0-1

You can't judge a season on 1 game, we are more talented and will be a SB contender while a good year for you guys will be winning 6-7 gamnes. Don't be fooled by Week 1.

nick1
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM
You can't judge a season on 1 game, we are more talented and will be a SB contender while a good year for you guys will be winning 6-7 gamnes. Don't be fooled by Week 1.
you guys are definitely not more talented then us, we are more talented and better coached, we have the better team. Just look at every position

QB - Frerotte has what it takes to be good and he showed it on Sunday, Pennington is injury prone with a noodle arm. Gus has the better arm and more capability as a passer. Advantage - Dolphins

RB - Martin is becoming an old man and is on his very last legs, Brown is very talented. Morris is a good solid back-up. Advantage - Dolphins

want me to go on? you won't like the results

nyjunc
09-14-2005, 06:56 AM
you guys are definitely not more talented then us, we are more talented and better coached, we have the better team. Just look at every position

How can you say that? You aren't close to us. I guess that Chris baker is a much better TE than Randy mcMichael. After all he had a much better game and everything is based on 1 game, right? Do yuo see the faulty logic in that? We have a much better QB, better RB, better FB, better OL, WRs are even, you haeve edge at TE, we have a much better DL, LBs are clsoe but we have the edge, DBs are about even, STs are close too. Don't be fooled by Week 1.

QB - Frerotte has what it takes to be good and he showed it on Sunday, Pennington is injury prone with a noodle arm. Gus has the better arm and more capability as a passer. Advantage - Dolphins

:lol: I guess we ignore the other 10 years of his career and just focus on 1 good game. Frerrotte isn't half the player Chad is, Frerotte isn't even as good as Fiedler. You'll see how exposed he is when he has to play every game.

RB - Martin is becoming an old man and is on his very last legs, Brown is very talented. Morris is a good solid back-up. Advantage - Dolphins

Martin is coming off leading the NFL in rushing, Brown has 1 game under his belt where he carried 22 times for 57 yards. Yeah I see hoe Brown is better :rolleyes:

Please do,I can always use a good laugh and what I see so far is very comical so I can only imagine what would come next.

cnc66
09-14-2005, 07:01 AM
I think you guys are a LOT better than you showed against KC. Anyone who thinks this game will be a pushover is nuts. I expect you guys to come out hitting hard...there is a REALLY bad game to forget and the best way is to win the next week. And you are at home. I want us to beat you badly but really, if we show we are even close I will be happy. I think this will be the first true test for our team and I think YOU will be surprised at how we come at you. This is not your Wanny's pushover team any more.

Kinzua
09-14-2005, 09:44 AM

Nicki, time to stop with the booze and dope, sweetpea; it's making you delusional. Reality is --

1. The Fishies do NOT have more talent than the Jests. The Fishies have better talent at a few positions, mostly on defense, but overall, Jests have more ability than the Fishies', too.

2. The Fishies aren't necessarily better coached, even though they do have more coaches than any other NFL team. Quantity of coaches doesn't necessarily translate into quality coaching. Moreover, Coach Funky Hat (who didn't wear his trademark Sunday) has coached exactly 1 NFL game. When he's got a few NFL seasons on his resume, then his ability can be judged.

3. QB. Pennington's in deep doo-doo this week, but if I have to pick betweeen between Penny and Ferotte, it's no contest;I'll take Penny every time. In fact, I'd take Ears any day over Ferotte. The chances of Ferotte repeating his performance of last Sunday in the near future are slim and none. :rofl3:

4. RB. :laughat:
Advantage - Dolphins Curtis Martin led the NFL with 1697 yards last season, which is 298 yards more than the entire FishFry team managed in 2004!!! The Fishies' hopes for a running game rest on a pothead and a rookie, and they don't have the pothead this week. Advantage - Jests.

5. The Fishies played an AFCW team that had a second-rate defense. The Jests, despite their poor performance last week, have a first-rate defense which will bring all the FishFryFans back to reality. Ferotte will look like ... well, like Ferotte!!! :rofl3:

nick1
09-14-2005, 12:35 PM
How can you say that? You aren't close to us. I guess that Chris baker is a much better TE than Randy mcMichael. After all he had a much better game and everything is based on 1 game, right? Do yuo see the faulty logic in that? We have a much better QB, better RB, better FB, better OL, WRs are even, you haeve edge at TE, we have a much better DL, LBs are clsoe but we have the edge, DBs are about even, STs are close too. Don't be fooled by Week 1.

:lol: I guess we ignore the other 10 years of his career and just focus on 1 good game. Frerrotte isn't half the player Chad is, Frerotte isn't even as good as Fiedler. You'll see how exposed he is when he has to play every game.

Martin is coming off leading the NFL in rushing, Brown has 1 game under his belt where he carried 22 times for 57 yards. Yeah I see hoe Brown is better :rolleyes:

Please do,I can always use a good laugh and what I see so far is very comical so I can only imagine what would come next.
we were talking about talent and as far as talent goes Brown is more talented then Martin no question.

about Frerotte, I guess you throw out the pro bowl he went to?

Justasportsfan
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
we were talking about talent and as far as talent goes Brown is more talented then Martin no question.based on what ? College? :lol:

Kinzua
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
we were talking about talent and as far as talent goes Brown is more talented then Martin no question.

Kordell Stewart made the Pro Bowl one season.:rofl3: :lol: :D

nyjunc
09-14-2005, 02:00 PM

Curtis Martin is a future Hall of famer, how exactly does Brown have more talent then him?

Frerotte made a Pro Bowl base on 5 guys getting hurt. he threw TWELVE TDs and ELEVEN INTs in that "great" Pro Bowl year of his so please stop using that as an argument.

FinaticalOne
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
4. RB. :laughat: Curtis Martin led the NFL with 1697 yards last season, which is 298 yards more than the entire FishFry team managed in 2004!!! The Fishies' hopes for a running game rest on a pothead and a rookie, and they don't have the pothead this week. Advantage - Jests.

Ok, since you want to talk about accomplishments from last year.

The Broncos defense was a top 10 defense last year with the fastest linebacking corp in the NFL, plus they were a playoff team; and yet our running game racked up 151 yards at 4.6 yards per carry.

Where was Kansas City's defense ranked?!?!?!? I believe it was 30th and they didn't make the playoffs, and yet your vaulted running game was only able to rack up a whopping 57 yards at 2.5 yards per carry.

Hmmm, so what's your logic bringing up the past?

Now let's talk present...

bottom line, it's not going to matter who has more talent on either side of the ball, because one thing we have that the Jets will soon find out they lack, and that's a superior coaching staff. Linehan, Houck, and Saban are heads and shoulders above anyone you have on your sideline, and don't mention Heimedinger (however you spell his name), becasue we owned the Titans while he was their offensive coordinator.

Kinzua
09-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, since you want to talk about accomplishments from last year.

The Broncos defense was a top 10 defense last year with the fastest linebacking corp in the NFL, plus they were a playoff team; and yet our running game racked up 151 yards at 4.6 yards per carry.

Where was Kansas City's defense ranked?!?!?!? I believe it was 30th and they didn't make the playoffs, and yet your vaulted running game was only able to rack up a whopping 57 yards at 2.5 yards per carry.

Hmmm, so what's your logic bringing up the past?

Now let's talk present...

bottom line, it's not going to matter who has more talent on either side of the ball, because one thing we have that the Jets will soon find out they lack, and that's a superior coaching staff. Linehan, Houck, and Saban are heads and shoulders above anyone you have on your sideline, and don't mention Heimedinger (however you spell his name), becasue we owned the Titans while he was their offensive coordinator.

English comprehension a little lacking here, O FinaticalOne One?

I was replying to a foolish poster who claimed a rookie who hasn't even played 1 complete NFL game is better than a proven rusher who led the NFL in rushing the year before. Your oline is not nearly as good as the Jets', and don't give me the horse manure about your oline coach being able to turn everything around in a few weeks. Olines don't come together that easily. Your team caught Denver on a bad day. Be happy, but don't buy your SB tix yet.

BTW, I'm a Bills fan, sweetpea, and no, your team doesn't have better coaching staff than my team, if for no other reason than my team's coaches have been around longer in the NFL than your team's. :lol:

FinaticalOne
09-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Your team caught Denver on a bad day.

Ohhhh, that explains it all. "A bad day." It's opening day and that's the best excuse you can come up with :rofl3: ? All players are ready to play on opening day so don't give me that bulls#!T excuse. Whether you like or not, they got beat like a crack whore on collection day.

BTW, I'm a Bills fan, sweetpea, and no, your team doesn't have better coaching staff than my team, if for no other reason than my team's coaches have been around longer in the NFL than your team's. :lol:

Look little girl, I don't give a s#!T that you're coaches have been around longer :rolleyes: ; Shanahan and his staff have been around longer than Mularkey, so what is your point?!?!?! I understand you hate to admit it, but Mularkey will never be as good as Saban. We know it, Belichik knows it, and all the so-called media experts know it. You can enjoy your recent, but short-lived success as a jills fan and live in that lil' glass world of yours until we come around and smash it in :evil: . Time is running out and you know it, that's why you're a$$ is over here now, because you're worried.

Be happy, but don't buy your SB tix yet.:

Don't worry about me buying SB tix. I tell you what? We'll make it back to the SB before the Jills will. :lol:. Matter of fact, we'll win another SB before you guys win your first... :grouplaug . Get a clue punk!

Kinzua
09-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Ohhhh, that explains it all. "A bad day." It's opening day and that's the best excuse you can come up with :rofl3: ? All players are ready to play on opening day so don't give me that bulls#!T excuse. Whether you like or not, they got beat like a crack whore on collection day.

Look little girl, I don't give a s#!T that you're coaches have been around longer :rolleyes: ; Shanahan and his staff have been around longer than Mularkey, so what is your point?!?!?! I understand you hate to admit it, but Mularkey will never be as good as Saban. We know it, Belichik knows it, and all the so-called media experts know it. You can enjoy your recent, but short-lived success as a jills fan and live in that lil' glass world of yours until we come around and smash it in :evil: . Time is running out and you know it, that's why you're a$$ is over here now, because you're worried.

Don't worry about me buying SB tix. I tell you what? We'll make it back to the SB before the Jills will. :lol:. Matter of fact, we'll win another SB before you guys win your first... :grouplaug . Get a clue punk!

How do you like your crow, OFiniteOne? Better make up your mind because you'll be eating it on Sunday evening!!! :lol:

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 06:12 AM
and yet our running game racked up 151 yards at 4.6 yards per carry.

That's very misleading, Chambers had 61 of those yards on a reverse. Your Rbs ran 29 times for 88 yds for 3 yards a carry.

Linehan, Houck, and Saban are heads and shoulders above anyone you have on your sideline, and don't mention Heimedinger (however you spell his name), becasue we owned the Titans while he was their offensive coordinator.

Saban has coached 1 game, Our Ol is still better than yours and we havea good OL coahc, our DC transformed a bad D into top 5 I think we have the dge there and Dinger is better than Linehan. Dinger turned Mcnair into a big time QB(a real QB bot just a runner), tunred Mason intoa star WR and developed Drew Bennett among other things. Linehan's O was throw up to Randy Moss, his O's always struggled in bog spots. he is very overrated as an OC.

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 08:34 AM
That's very misleading, Chambers had 61 of those yards on a reverse. Your Rbs ran 29 times for 88 yds for 3 yards a carry.

You're right, the YPC is misleading, but big plays are part of the game. Good coaching will keep opposing defenses on their heels. That is a great intangible.

Saban has coached 1 game, Our Ol is still better than yours and we havea good OL coahc, our DC transformed a bad D into top 5 I think we have the dge there and Dinger is better than Linehan. Dinger turned Mcnair into a big time QB(a real QB bot just a runner), tunred Mason intoa star WR and developed Drew Bennett among other things.

Don't even try to compare Dinger to Linehan right now, because your offense looked straight up pitiful and downright laughable last week. I know you guys are not that bad, and I know this will be an extremely tough game, but Dinger's offenses are nowhere close to comparison to Linehan's offenses. Although I do like Coles, you're team doesn't have anyone close to Derek Mason, or more important; Steve McNair.

Linehan's O was throw up to Randy Moss, his O's always struggled in bog spots. he is very overrated as an OC.

You couldn't be more wrong on Linehan, and I hope your d-coord. is sleeping on him too. You'll be in for ANOTHER rude awakening this week. Linehan is one of the top off. coordinators in the game, matter of fact; he's already being mentioned as a head coaching canidate. Obviously you haven't thoroughly looked into the success he's had as a o-coord. because his offense wasn't mainly "just throw it up to Moss." If that were the case, how come his RUSHING offense finished in the top 3 in the NFL the last 4 years???????? Year in and out, Minnesota was always one of the top rushing teams in the NFL. Minny also was top 5 in total offense during his tenure at Minny.

I'm looking forward to this game. More so, the matchup I want to see is how well our offense plays against your D. I think your team has a very good D (top 10) and this contest will help our offense along as they progress. I don't think my team is a juggernaut, but I do think they are being grossly underestimated becasue of one bad year, which I know it was mainly from incompotent coaching. You know how the saying goes, "that's why they play the game." ;)

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 08:44 AM
DC transformed a bad D into top 5 I think we have the dge there

Our defense was a top 5 defense for years until last year, losing both of our starting DTs to injury early in the season ended that streak. I think we may have an edge this week when it comes to defense. We have plenty of film to study on your defense. Our defense is an enigma right now to the NFL. You only have one game to study from, and we didn't even show our defense last week. We stayed in our base and barely blitzed because there was no need too. I say we have the edge becasue you can't really gameplan on us.

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Don't even try to compare Dinger to Linehan right now, because your offense looked straight up pitiful and downright laughable last week. I know you guys are not that bad, and I know this will be an extremely tough game, but Dinger's offenses are nowhere close to comparison to Linehan's offenses. Although I do like Coles, you're team doesn't have anyone close to Derek Mason, or more important; Steve McNair.

Check Linehan's O's in big games.

Coles doesn't compare to derrick Mason? Let's take a look at Mason's career #s before Dinger got there in '00. 47 total catches in 3 years, 608 yds, 3 TDs. Now let's see mason in Dinger's first year- 63 recs, 895 yds, 5 TDs. Coles has already been a PB WR so obviously Dinger has alot to work w/ and can guide Coles to be much better eevn though he ahs been very good throughout his career.

You couldn't be more wrong on Linehan, and I hope your d-coord. is sleeping on him too. You'll be in for ANOTHER rude awakening this week. Linehan is one of the top off. coordinators in the game, matter of fact; he's already being mentioned as a head coaching canidate. Obviously you haven't thoroughly looked into the success he's had as a o-coord. because his offense wasn't mainly "just throw it up to Moss." If that were the case, how come his RUSHING offense finished in the top 3 in the NFL the last 4 years???????? Year in and out, Minnesota was always one of the top rushing teams in the NFL. Minny also was top 5 in total offense during his tenure at Minny.

Oh you are talking about rankings :rolleyes: Like when Miami was a top 5 D and they got steamrolled in playoff games? Let's look at Linehan. he was Vikes OC for 3 years and in that time they went 6-10, 9-7, 8-8. of course it's not all on the O but let's look at that O in big games. No big games in '02(unless you count beating Miami) so in '03 needing 2 wins in their last 3 w/ games against Chi & Ari coming up they put up 10 points at Chi in a loss and 17 in a lsos at Ari(Ari had lost 7 straight giving up over 30 points a game during that stretch). Last year needing a win to get into the playoffs they put up 18 points at Wash but it was really 10 as the game was over and they scored w/ 2 secs left but they were ranked high! :lol:

I'm looking forward to this game. More so, the matchup I want to see is how well our offense plays against your D. I think your team has a very good D (top 10) and this contest will help our offense along as they progress. I don't think my team is a juggernaut, but I do think they are being grossly underestimated becasue of one bad year, which I know it was mainly from incompotent coaching. You know how the saying goes, "that's why they play the game."

I think it will be a good game for a while but I expect to pull away at home. If it was at Miami I'd be alot more worried. I think people are underestimating us and overrating you guys after 1 week. Our teams under Herm have more oftent han not bounced back quickly after bad losses.

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Our defense was a top 5 defense for years until last year, losing both of our starting DTs to injury early in the season ended that streak. I think we may have an edge this week when it comes to defense. We have plenty of film to study on your defense. Our defense is an enigma right now to the NFL. You only have one game to study from, and we didn't even show our defense last week. We stayed in our base and barely blitzed because there was no need too. I say we have the edge becasue you can't really gameplan on us.

The difference is in big gams your D was thrashed when you were a supposed top 5 D while in 2 road playoff games our D did a great job against 2 good offenses.

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Don't worry kids, the Jets will buck up and the Dolphins will be back to their old losing selves.

I will admit that this game went from being an easy one two weeks ago to being almost a must win for our team. While the Jets might have overlooked it a few weeks ago, now there is no chance of that.

BZ

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Check Linehan's O's in big games.

Coles doesn't compare to derrick Mason? Let's take a look at Mason's career #s before Dinger got there in '00. 47 total catches in 3 years, 608 yds, 3 TDs. Now let's see mason in Dinger's first year- 63 recs, 895 yds, 5 TDs. Coles has already been a PB WR so obviously Dinger has alot to work w/ and can guide Coles to be much better eevn though he ahs been very good throughout his career.

I doesn't matter what Mason's stats were before Dinger and after Dinger. I'm talking about a Coles and Mason comparison. You comparing apples to oranges right now. Come back and make the comparison when Coles puts up some comparable numbers on a consistent basis under Dinger like Mason did. Right now, he hasn't done that yet.

Oh you are talking about rankings :rolleyes: Like when Miami was a top 5 D and they got steamrolled in playoff games? Let's look at Linehan. he was Vikes OC for 3 years and in that time they went 6-10, 9-7, 8-8. of course it's not all on the O but let's look at that O in big games. No big games in '02(unless you count beating Miami) so in '03 needing 2 wins in their last 3 w/ games against Chi & Ari coming up they put up 10 points at Chi in a loss and 17 in a lsos at Ari(Ari had lost 7 straight giving up over 30 points a game during that stretch). Last year needing a win to get into the playoffs they put up 18 points at Wash but it was really 10 as the game was over and they scored w/ 2 secs left but they were ranked high! :lol:

That's not a good argument. His offense has always finished in the top 5 in the NFL, and top 3 in rushing. Offense doesn't win championships. Defense wins championships. Where was Minny's def. ranked over those years. I'll refresh your memory, 28, 29, 31, and 30. So don't bring up Minny's most recent records. You can't blame that on his offense :rolleyes: . I know a lot about Minny. My dad is a lifelong Minny fan. I watch games with him, and I've been to more than 10 games with him over the last 5 years. The Chicago game you mentioned, was not the lack of production of the offense. It was the fact that Chicago's offense kept Minny's offense of the field by controlling the clock with their running game. I know this because that was one of the game I was at :rolleyes:. Bottomline....Minny would have had a lot of success if they only had a defense. They didn't even need a top 10 defense, all they needed was an average D; but they didn't even have that.

I think it will be a good game for a while but I expect to pull away at home. If it was at Miami I'd be alot more worried. I think people are underestimating us and overrating you guys after 1 week. Our teams under Herm have more oftent han not bounced back quickly after bad losses.

I believe you guys will bounce back and play a lot better too. I know the Jets are better than what they showed last week. I know they will be dangerous too, because they were embarrassed last week. I just hope my team doesn't get complacent after that win and stay hungry (forget hungry, I meant starving). The way we won last week could lead to a big letdown for us, but I trust in Saban and Co. will keep this team humble and ready to play. :)

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
I hope to hell that the Dolphins are riding high on that great win (and it was great) and think that the New York Jets are just going to fumble away this game.

BZ

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't care what Mason's stats were before Dinger and after Dinger. I'm talking about a Coles and Mason comparison. You comparing apples to oranges right now. Come back and make the comparison when Coles puts up some comparable numbers on a consistent basis under Dinger like Mason did. Right now, he hasn't done that yet.

His #s the last 3 years have been comparable Mason w/ Dinger as it is. it's not like he's Chambers and has never stepped up and proven he's a #1, Coles is an exccellent WR.

That's not a good argument. His offense has always finished in the top 5 in the NFL, and top 3 in rushing. Offense doesn't win championships. Defense wins championships. Where was Minny's def. ranked over those years. I'll refresh your memory, 28, 29, 31, and 30. So don't bring up Minny's most recent records.

How does that explain how his "great O's" don't put points up in big games? What does that have to do w/ the D?

Linehan was rumored to be a possible replacement for hakcett before hackett was fired/resigned and I honestly did not want him.

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I hope to hell that the Dolphins are riding high on that great win (and it was great) and think that the New York Jets are just going to fumble away this game.

BZ

Maybe not, but just to be on the safe side could you have Penny practice the shotgun a little this week? :lol: On a bright side you know they won't run out of footballs for the game- the fins have an extra 53 in the locker room. :lol:

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 09:22 AM
His #s the last 3 years have been comparable Mason w/ Dinger as it is. it's not like he's Chambers and has never stepped up and proven he's a #1, Coles is an exccellent WR.

I'm not knocking Coles, I even said early that I like Coles. Chambers is an excellnet WR too. He's a threat on the field, and he has to be accounted for. They only thing that was holding Chambers back was QB play and an offensive strategy that wanted to run the ball 50 times a game. He has some of the best hands in the league, 4.3 speed and his 45 inch vertical is second to none. Chambers will shine in Linehan's offense.

How does that explain how his "great O's" don't put points up in big games? What does that have to do w/ the D?

Because it's a known fact that offenses don't always put up big points. A strong defense will beat a strong offense more often than not.

How come Indy can't win any big games??????? Because they don't have a good defense.

How come NE won three Super Bowls?????? Strong Defensive schemes.

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Maybe not, but just to be on the safe side could you have Penny practice the shotgun a little this week? :lol: On a bright side you know they won't run out of footballs for the game- the fins have an extra 53 in the locker room. :lol:

:rofl3:

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 09:29 AM

Nah, he seems pretty comfortable in the shotgun don't you think?

I think he needs to work on his Super Bowl speech.. :)

BZ

Kinzua
09-15-2005, 09:35 AM

BZ

:clap: :clap: :clap:

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 09:39 AM

BZ

OK...as long as the speech starts "I looked like a bad HS QB week one and I knew that unless I pulled my game together and starting playing to my huge salary and over hyped rep we weren't going to beat ANYONE. So I went back to work... :lol:

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Chambers will shine in Linehan's offense.

Off to a good start w/ 5 for 40 :D

Because it's a known fact that offenses don't always put up big points. A strong defense will beat a strong offense more often than not.

In 2003 they lost 2 of 3 to miss the playoffs, the 2 games were against Chi & Ari. Against Chi they scored 10 points- the previous week they gave up 34 points, the next week they gave up 24 points and for the season they gave up 22 points a game. Against the Cards they scored 17 points, in the previous 7 games(all Ari L's) they gave up an avreage of 33 points a game. Now about these strong defenses... :lol:

nyrican
09-15-2005, 10:17 AM
based on what ? College? :lol:

brown better then Martin :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: holy $hit it's ok he is only 17 years old .... you can forgive him :shakeno:

nick1
09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
it's a fact that Brown is more talented then Martin, can Martin run a 4.4 in the 40? no, Does Martin catch tough throws? no, Brown is more talented then Martin, he is faster, stronger, a better blocker and a better catcher. I'm not saying he is more proven because he definitely isn't but Brown is more talented

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Against the Cards they scored 17 points, in the previous 7 games(all Ari L's) they gave up an avreage of 33 points a game. Now about these strong defenses... :lol:

Oh come on. You don't you remember how the Cards won that game. They won the game on a 75 yard HELL MARY pass with no time left. That is worse than allowing someone to convert a 4th and 25. Once again the defense failed to make a play. Minny's D did not show up to play. In retrospect, you just proved my point :lol: ...

You can't win big games with a juggenaunt offense and mediocre defense (Exhibit A - Indianapolis Colts)

Defense wins championships (Exhibit B - New England).

wazzy
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM
brown better then Martin :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: holy $hit it's ok he is only 17 years old .... you can forgive him :shakeno:

Yo dont even bring a persons age into things because I'm only 16 and I believe my opinions are a lot better then most sure Curtis Martin is a future hall of fame runningback and I can't say Brown is more talented until he proves himself but Curtis Martin is no good if your not giving him the ball like last week.

Kinzua
09-15-2005, 12:32 PM
it's a fact that Brown is more talented then Martin, can Martin run a 4.4 in the 40? no, Does Martin catch tough throws? no, Brown is more talented then Martin, he is faster, stronger, a better blocker and a better catcher. I'm not saying he is more proven because he definitely isn't but Brown is more talented

Faster, yes, because he's a lot younger, but how do you know that Brown is "stronger, a better blocker and a better catcher" than Martin? He hasn't played a complete game in the NFL yet.

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
it's a fact that Brown is more talented then Martin

I stopped reading after that sentance, obviously you are just trying your new NFL standup.

BZ

timbalu
09-15-2005, 12:45 PM
OK...as long as the speech starts "I looked like a bad HS QB week one and I knew that unless I pulled my game together and starting playing to my huge salary and over hyped rep we weren't going to beat ANYONE. So I went back to work... :lol:

Give 'em the ol' FOUR FINGERS, Klownsie ! :lol:

nick1
09-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Faster, yes, because he's a lot younger, but how do you know that Brown is "stronger, a better blocker and a better catcher" than Martin? He hasn't played a complete game in the NFL yet.
hasn't played a complete game yet? what do you call last week? he only came out for a breath and for a change of pace back, that was a complete game secondly, did Martin have better hands then every WR in his draft class? beause experts say that Brown has better hands then the WRs in his draft class and everybody knows how well Brown blocks

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 01:38 PM
hasn't played a complete game yet? what do you call last week? he only came out for a breath and for a change of pace back, that was a complete game secondly, did Martin have better hands then every WR in his draft class? beause experts say that Brown has better hands then the WRs in his draft class and everybody knows how well Brown blocks

You really have to be joking.

You are comparing the NOTES on a rookie and one game with a future hall of fame, most durable back, 4th most yards in the HISTORY OF THE NFL?

Might as well compare Guss to Marino or Nicky to BB.

Crazy.

BZ

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 01:42 PM

you can say he is faster but how the heck can you say he is a better receiver, blocker, stronger,...? That is is just silly. Curtis is a Hall of famer, he is a great blocker, he must be pretty string to be 32 and still able to be successful and he's a great receiver out of the backfield. Someday Ronnie may be as good or better bt he has a LONG way to go to catch Curtis.

Oh come on. You don't you remember how the Cards won that game. They won the game on a 75 yard HELL MARY pass with no time left

What does that have to do w/ scoring just 17 against a D that was averaging giving up 33? This is not about Minny's D it's about their O and by the way it was a 28 yard TD NOT a 75 yard hail mary.

You can't win big games with a juggenaunt offense and mediocre defense (Exhibit A - Indianapolis Colts)

Tell that to Denver and St. Louis.

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
you can say he is faster but how the heck can you say he is a better receiver, blocker, stronger,...? That is is just silly. Curtis is a Hall of famer, he is a great blocker, he must be pretty string to be 32 and still able to be successful and he's a great receiver out of the backfield. Someday Ronnie may be as good or better bt he has a LONG way to go to catch Curtis.

What does that have to do w/ scoring just 17 against a D that was averaging giving up 33? This is not about Minny's D it's about their O and by the way it was a 28 yard TD NOT a 75 yard hail mary.

Tell that to Denver and St. Louis.

Ok, we are beating a dead horse here, I'm sure we can both "agree to disagree" when it comes to Linehan. That's what a forum is all about. You stated your opinion and that's cool :cool: . Last thing I'll say on the matter is, that year (2003) in question, Minny's offense scored over 400 points, which I believe was 4th or 5th in the NFL. I'll take that performance any year; match that up with our defense and the NFL better look out.

In closing, even though it's only one week......THE MIGHTY FINS ARE #1 IN THE NFL IN TOTAL OFFENSE.........Linehan is alright by me.

:booty:

nyjunc
09-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, we are beating a dead horse here, I'm sure we can both "agree to disagree" when it comes to Linehan. That's what a forum is all about. You stated your opinion and that's cool :cool: . Last thing I'll say on the matter is, that year (2003) in question, Minny's offense scored over 400 points, which I believe was 4th or 5th in the NFL. I'll take that performance any year; match that up with our defense and the NFL better look out.

In closing, even though it's only one week......THE MIGHTY FINS ARE #1 IN THE NFL IN TOTAL OFFENSE.........Linehan is alright by me.

:booty:

That's fine, we don't have to convert each other. We'll see what happens, if you are right I'll tip my hat and admit I was wrong. We'll have to let it play out, hopefully your O isn't as efficient this week. :D

FinaticalOne
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
That's fine, we don't have to convert each other. We'll see what happens, if you are right I'll tip my hat and admit I was wrong. We'll have to let it play out, hopefully your O isn't as efficient this week. :D

:D I agree, it'll have to play itself out, and if I'm wrong, I'll have no problem admitting it. You're cool with me nyjunc. :drinkers:

nyrican
09-15-2005, 09:42 PM

wtf are you talking about ... Curtis Martin is a , I REPEAT A HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK, Brown has played one game !!!! in the nfl you know what enough no more... that's it... STOP STOP STOP take one min and think of what YOU just posted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****EN KIDDING ME !!!!!

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 10:17 PM
That's fine, we don't have to convert each other.

Thank God for that. :lol:

timbalu
09-16-2005, 08:03 AM
wtf are you talking about ... Curtis Martin is a , I REPEAT A HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK, Brown has played one game !!!! in the nfl you know what enough no more... that's it... STOP STOP STOP take one min and think of what YOU just posted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****EN KIDDING ME !!!!!

Ronnie Brown has only played one game and still has to prove himself before he's anointed. Curtis Martin has been a great running back, but is approaching the end of his career. Curtis Martin may get into the Hall of Fame one day ,but there are alot of better players ahead of him going into the hall .

BleedinGreenNC
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Ronnie Brown has only played one game and still has to prove himself before he's anointed. Curtis Martin has been a great running back, but is approaching the end of his career. Curtis Martin may get into the Hall of Fame one day ,but there are alot of better players ahead of him going into the hall .I do see Brown as being a great RB, but Cadillac williams is setting the bar pretty high for rookies!

BwanaZulia
09-16-2005, 08:35 AM
I do see Brown as being a great RB, but Cadillac williams is setting the bar pretty high for rookies!

Ron was Caddy's back up, so it only makes sense he will get less attention/yards/action this year. :)

BZ

BleedinGreenNC
09-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Ron was Caddy's back up, so it only makes sense he will get less attention/yards/action this year. :)

BZBut, Brown won't do very well if the Dolphins don't shore up the o-line!

Kinzua
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
But, Brown won't do very well if the Dolphins don't shore up the o-line!

Details! Smetails! Don't bother FishFryFans with details like the fact that they have a craaapppy oline!!! :rofl3:

BleedinGreenNC
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Details! Smetails! Don't bother FishFryFans with details like the fact that they have a craaapppy oline!!! :rofl3:LOL!!:goof:

nyrican
09-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Ronnie Brown has only played one game and still has to prove himself before he's anointed. Curtis Martin has been a great running back, but is approaching the end of his career. Curtis Martin may get into the Hall of Fame one day ,but there are alot of better players ahead of him going into the hall .

I understand that but to say the Ronnie Brown is better than Curtis Martin after ONE GAME UNDER HIS BELT IS INSANE... Curtis Martin is on the verge to become the first man to reach the century mark in his first 11 seasons !!!!

come on fellas.

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM

Curtis is a lock to get to the HOF.

broadway chad
09-16-2005, 12:15 PM
ronnie brown lmao yeah and gus is going to the probowl i cant wait till the jets got more yards then green thumb come suday

timbalu
09-16-2005, 12:44 PM
ronnie brown lmao yeah and gus is going to the probowl i cant wait till the jets got more yards then green thumb come suday

Chad ? Isn't that like some sort of screw-up as in voting ? Who the hell is "green thumb", and what is a "suday" ? Is that a Sunday in New Yew-wuk ? It's not likely that you'll learn the English language before suday/Sunday, but maybe you can enjoy the Dolphins' win in another language..like Pig Latin ! :lol: