PDA

View Full Version : Herman Edwards

nick1
09-15-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not bashing the Jet's here, I'm trying to start a conversion about Herman Edwards and is he a good coach or not. From what I saw last week he didn't fire up the team and a team should be ready no matter who they play. That is evidence to me of him not being a good coach but I haven't watched him close enough to know about him. What are your opinions on Herman Edwards coaching?

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Herm is a good coach, but has the potential to be a great coach.

While his team might not have been fired up for last week, he will get them up this week. He is not an Xs and Os genious like BB but is the moral fiber and heart of that team. Those guys play hard for him in and through the season.

He can get to great coach status by taking his bringing the Jets to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and turning it into a ring.

BZ

NorthFloridaFin
09-15-2005, 01:38 PM
He's a great motivator!!! NOT A GREAT COACH!!!!!!

nick1
09-15-2005, 01:53 PM
do the Jet's have a GM or does he do it himself?

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 01:54 PM
do the Jet's have a GM or does he do it himself?

Terry Bradway, who has been doing pretty damn well these last few years.

BZ

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 02:01 PM
he's taken his team to the playoffs the last few years. He's good, whether he's great remains to be seen. 1 bad game does not mean "That is evidence to me of him not being a good coach"

nick1
09-15-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't like him as a coach, he seems like a good motivator for big games but he's not the kind of coach I would want. The motivator thing is good but I don't think he's a good teacher of the game which a great coach like Belichek does

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't like him as a coach, he seems like a good motivator for big games but he's not the kind of coach I would want. The motivator thing is good but I don't think he's a good teacher of the game which a great coach like Belichek does

Tough to compare anyone to BB, though Herm is doing better in his first years as HC than BB did.

At the end of the day, it is where you go not how you got there. Herm, so far, is giving us winning seasons and chances to make big movements towards the SB.

BZ

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't like him as a coach, he seems like a good motivator for big games but he's not the kind of coach I would want. The motivator thing is good but I don't think he's a good teacher of the game which a great coach like Belichek doesI thought you haven't watched him close enough?After a few posts you can already judge him? Are you lying Nick? :mad:

BwanaZulia
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I thought you haven't watched him close enough?After a few posts you can already judge him? Are you lying Nick? :mad:

He also things that Ron Brown is a better RB than Curtis Martin.

He learned that in one game and some scouting notes.

BZ

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 02:22 PM
He also things that Ron Brown is a better RB than Curtis Martin.

He learned that in one game and some scouting notes.

BZkids, they don't make em like they used to.

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I thought you haven't watched him close enough?After a few posts you can already judge him? Are you lying Nick? :mad:

Jussa its kind of like when you see the Clown pleasuring herself, you aren't paying to much attention, yet you have a feeling you could pleasure her much more!:lol:

ohall
09-15-2005, 02:25 PM
One of the most over rated HC's in the history of the NFL.

The guy has never done anything, yet some ppl think he is GREAT.

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Jussa its kind of like when you see the Clown pleasuring herself, you aren't paying to much attention, yet you have a feeling you could pleasure her much more!:lol:excuse me injun, this is a football smack thread. Not a dildo thread. Scram injun boy. Freakin injun. Where's a pest control when you need one.

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 02:35 PM
excuse me injun, this is a football smack thread. Not a dildo thread. Scram injun boy. Freakin injun. Where's a pest control when you need one.

Oh .... well Herm is a good coach, yet he looked Wannyesque after there game last week ................ so you got no qualms about my last post.:lol:

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh .... well Herm is a good coach, yet he looked Wannyesque after there game last week ................ so you got no qualms about my last post.:lol:

You sure went out on a limb ( should I say scalp) on that one. Poor injun, trying to "butt" in again. :laughat: :groovy:

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
You sure went out on a limb ( should I say scalp) on that one. Poor injun, trying to "butt" in again. :laughat: :groovy:

didn't intend to ... no qualms then about 1st post. alrightly then!!:eek:

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 03:08 PM
didn't intend to ... no qualms then about 1st post. alrightly then!!:eek:you expect me to respond to all your drivel? Poor injun, still in need of attention.

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 04:01 PM
you expect me to respond to all your drivel? Poor injun, still in need of attention.

Well if you don't respond, that leads me to believe you accept it for what it is, if thats the case OK ....... not in need of attention .... in need of entertainment!:lol:

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Well if you don't respond, that leads me to believe you accept it for what it is, if thats the case OK ....... not in need of attention .... in need of entertainment!:lol:
a no, injun. I was responding to Nick about Edwards and you "butt" into the thread with gay smack that had nothing to do w/ the threads subject. Following me into a thread obviously seeking my attention. I don't always have to respond to your posts . In case you haven't noticed, some of your fellow finfans laugh at you. DUH!!!Poor injun. :goof:

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
a no, injun. I was responding to Nick about Edwards and you "butt" into the thread with gay smack that had nothing to do w/ the threads subject. Following me into a thread obviously seeking my attention. I don't always have to respond to your posts . In case you haven't noticed, some of your fellow finfans laugh at you. DUH!!!Poor injun. :goof:

Are you on your period!!! lightin up Jussa.:lol: You said Nick was passing judgment on Herm, when he stated that he hadn't watched him close enough .... you didn't get how he might be able to make what judgements on Herm that he did ...... I only was helping you by giving you an example you'd understand.

I know you've noticed all FinFans laugh at you, which addresses the entertainment of which I spoke of in my last post.:lol:

motormeat0170
09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I think he is a decent coach. Under him, the Jets have been very competitive and are rarely beaten like they were on last Sunday. I'll say I would of have rather had him than Wrongstadt or J.J. That being said, he couldn't hold the Don's jock, GO FINS.

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
..... I only was helping you by giving you an example you'd understand.: translation: "I needed your attention"

I know you've noticed all FinFans laugh at you, which addresses the entertainment of which I spoke of in my last post.:lol: It's expected, I'm a bills fan, DUH!!! But fellow finfans laughing at you simply means, you're your own B!tch and can't even see it or in denial.

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
translation: "I needed your attention"

It's expected, I'm a bills fan, DUH!!! But fellow finfans laughing at you simply means, you're your own B!tch and can't even see it or in denial.

You sound like a beeatch right now, & I ain't going there.

if finfans laugh at me, big faacking deal, so what ...... I'd put money on it that there have been more that have laughed with me then at me. what you want me to do Jussa, cry :cry: & never post again.:lol:

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 05:25 PM
excuse me injun, this is a football smack thread. Not a dildo thread. Scram injun boy. Freakin injun. Where's a pest control when you need one.

:lol:

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 05:27 PM
:lol:

finally came up for air eh Clown?

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 05:29 PM
if finfans laugh at me, big faacking deal, so what ......

There's no IF Bob, they are laughing at you just about every time you manage to locate the "submit reply" button. :lol:

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 06:01 PM
There's no IF Bob, they are laughing at you just about every time you manage to locate the "submit reply" button. :lol:

Oh I'm sure they all PM you to tell you this eh ..... go back to tossing Jussa's salad ... you've nothing to offer today.:lol:

Justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 06:21 PM
You sound like a beeatch right now, & I ain't going there.

if finfans laugh at me, big faacking deal, so what ...... I'd put money on it that there have been more that have laughed with me then at me. what you want me to do Jussa, cry :cry: & never post again.:lol:they laugh w/ you because you're a finfan too (who knows nothing about football) who just likes the teals and orange colors on men wearing tights. :groovy:

NativeFin
09-15-2005, 06:40 PM
they laugh w/ you because you're a finfan too (who knows nothing about football) who just likes the teals and orange colors on men wearing tights. :groovy:

They laugh with me cuz not only are you & your sisters spending you days on this site, but you are all consistantly owned ..... & all of you keep coming back for more!!:lol:

finsrclowns
09-15-2005, 08:22 PM
They laugh with me cuz not only are you & your sisters spending you days on this site, but you are all consistantly owned ..... & all of you keep coming back for more!!:lol:

Bob's definition of owning Bills fans: the red on his face isn't all blood from the beating he's suffered. :lol:

NativeFin
09-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Bob's definition of owning Bills fans: the red on his face isn't all blood from the beating he's suffered. :lol:

Billyjeanbobs definition of owning Fins: looking down the shaft of a tremendous dildo on her hands & knees, as Jussa types while sword fighting with the gerbals in Clowns A$$!:lol:

nick1
09-16-2005, 11:13 AM
this thread is offically off topic :shakeno:

Kinzua
09-16-2005, 11:31 AM
this thread is offically off topic :shakeno:

That's 'cuz Finsy doesn't know anything about football.

If Finsy had to pick Jay Fiedler out of a photo line up, he probably couldn't do it until somebody asked, "Who has the biggest ears???" :lol:

NativeFin
09-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry Nick, what else is there to say, Herm has proven himself a good coach, yet he hasn't taken them to that next step of a division title, or a SB appearance, but in a division with the Pats thats pretty tough (at least so far this decade) I think his demeanor is overall laid back, & even when he tries to verbally put a fire under his team, they don't buy into it. Its just that he's that type of person, & when your winning thats good, but when your losing its tough to come back when your HC acts like Wanny after a loss.

finfan54
09-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Nick Saban vs. the running mouth (with a "how we win" template) heheheheheheeee!

FaninPatsyLand
09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
While his team might not have been fired up for last week, he will get them up this week. He is not an Xs and Os genious like BB but is the moral fiber and heart of that team. Those guys play hard for him in and through the season.

I would hope so.. I mean they did get b*tch slapped last week, and the possibility of them starting 0-2 and losing at home to a division rival should be all his team needs.

If he can't get them up this week, he shouldn't be in the NFL.