PDA

View Full Version : How do you run on the Pats 3-4?

mbmonk
09-15-2005, 02:30 PM
I have had NO success against the pats on madden running the ball. Any tips on how attack their base defense?

Dolfan5000
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Wrong section, but you should run it straight down the middle of their D. Right behind Hadnot and Carey. It works, but then again, I kick a$$ in Madden.

BennyVW
09-15-2005, 02:42 PM
rUN IT DOWN THE MIDDLE. The backers just swallow up the outside stuff. plug it ahead and you will consistently get some yards, just don't expect to many big runs. Too bad they have been running a 4-3 so far this year mostly.

CaptainK
09-15-2005, 02:43 PM
There is a certain key stroke that activates the Ricky Williams player to distribute "weed" to the Pats defensive players. You then put the game on "pause" for about 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes are up you restart the game to then find the Pats defensive players lying around on the turf with large bags of chips saying "Dude, where did all the people come from?". You shouldn't have any trouble running on them at that point. Good luck.

Jaj
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
The way you do it in real life would be almost the same. You have to avoid them exploiting the McKinney-Wilfork matchup...

If you really want to destroy the Pats you need a center like Jeff Hartings or Olin Kreutz who can take a NT one on one.

unifiedtheory
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I always go right at them. In fact, whenever I play 3-4 defenses I go up the middle. Trying to get outside is usually a losing proposition against most 3-4 teams because the linebackers will bury you.

CsonkYa
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I agree with pounding the middle. Add some play action out of the same formations as well. As soon as they bring the safetys up, hit Boston for 6.