PDA

View Full Version : Its story time kids

Mike13
09-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Because the Dolphins have so many new faces, Taylor might address the newcomers to tell them about the rivalry.

"There is a lot of bad blood and a lot of will to win on both sides, for both teams in this game," Taylor said. "It's a big one for us. It was that way before I got here at the Dolphins and it will be that way when I leave."

I honestly never though that the Vets do this with rookies and other newbies to the team, you think they would have heard of this rivalry, its one of the biggest in the NFL.

Just trying to imagine JT these guys a history lesson is funny to me.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4099

Whitedolphin54
09-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I honestly never though that the Vets do this with rookies and other newbies to the team, you think they would have heard of this rivalry, its one of the biggest in the NFL.

Just trying to imagine JT these guys a history lesson is funny to me.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4099

I wonder if Roth was listening--I mean how would you know-- he will be out to flatten the opposition anyway, regardless of who they are :lol:

bakedmatt
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I wonder if Roth was listening--I mean how would you know

You'll know if he tries to sack Chad during the coin toss.

SCall13
09-16-2005, 07:03 AM
I wonder if Roth was listening--I mean how would you know-- he will be out to flatten the opposition anyway, regardless of who they are :lol:

I like Roth's fire. But he needs to get a handle on his emotions. We don't need a loose cannon on the field doing something dumb to give up 15 yard penalties and hurting what the rest of our defense is trying to accomplish. Hopefully he can get himself in check and use his aggression properly.

flounder97
09-16-2005, 07:27 AM
I like Roth's fire. But he needs to get a handle on his emotions. We don't need a loose cannon on the field doing something dumb to give up 15 yard penalties and hurting what the rest of our defense is trying to accomplish. Hopefully he can get himself in check and use his aggression properly.
I agree 100%...the guy can be an animal, just so long as he doesn't get too crazy so that flags go flying.

Agua
09-16-2005, 07:58 AM

Ditto.

Sundance Kid
09-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Think I have seen only 4-5 Dolphins Wins in that time...
Saw a 1-6 Jets Team BEAT a 6-1 Dolphins Team with Shula and Kosar...
THis is the Jets Superbowl game...Dolphin week is HUGE for them.
Dolphins Need to be Ready....

retired opfinistic
09-16-2005, 08:33 AM
I agree 100%...the guy can be an animal, just so long as he doesn't get too crazy so that flags go flying.

He either needs to get his emotions in check...or make the hits when no-one is looking!:evil:

The Confessor
09-16-2005, 08:43 AM

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :lol: :lol: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Dolfndude
09-16-2005, 09:26 AM
:rofl3:

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 09:32 AM

It is not the jets SB, maybe when you guys were good and we were 3-13 or 1-15 it helped to make our season a little less dreary but it has been the dolphins who have talked about this series for years, our guys just go out and play and win. There is little doubt the jets ahve been in the dolphins heads for years.

BwanaZulia
09-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Is he going to tell the story of a young Jason Taylor who talked so much smack on a Monday night game that he cried on the sidelines when he lost?

That is my favorite story.

BZ

PressCoverage
09-16-2005, 09:36 AM
It is not the jets SB, maybe when you guys were good and we were 3-13 or 1-15 it helped to make our season a little less dreary but it has been the dolphins who have talked about this series for years, our guys just go out and play and win. There is little doubt the jets ahve been in the dolphins heads for years.

could you speak in MORE sweeping generalities so as to support your slanted opinion? that would be great.. thanks

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 09:38 AM
could you speak in MORE sweeping generalities so as to support your slanted opinion? that would be great.. thanks

11-3 in the last 14, I don't think that is a sweeping generality. Every time we play it's larger than life for Miami whether it's taylor running his mouth about the Jets fans or hanging a Curtis jersey in his locker or zach saying he got beat up in NY,.... We have been in your heads for years, up here we don't talk about Miami week the way you guys do(I'm speaking of the players not the fans). 1-3, what more proof do you need?

PressCoverage
09-16-2005, 09:43 AM
11-3 in the last 14, I don't think that is a sweeping generality. Every time we play it's larger than life for Miami whether it's taylor running his mouth about the Jets fans or hanging a Curtis jersey in his locker or zach saying he got beat up in NY,.... We have been in your heads for years, up here we don't talk about Miami week the way you guys do(I'm speaking of the players not the fans). 1-3, what more proof do you need?

well, genius... it's a sweeping generality to stay things like "we have been in your heads for years" and "every time we play it's larger than life for miami"... you're sure of this? or is that just your assessment that helps you sleep at night? ... up there you don't talk about miami week? ummm... up there you guys talk every week... and never stop talking... why would miami week be any different... you guys are the best, and you know the most... that's why everyone loves new york sports fans... :rolleyes:

don't you work? why are you on this site every day just being generally annoying? go get some exercise...

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 09:48 AM
ummm... up there you guys talk every week... and never stop talking... why would miami week be any different... you guys are the best, and you know the most... that's why everyone loves new york sports fans

Uh yeah we were the ones talking Super Bowl after 4-12, we are the ones who are talking Super Bowl after winning a home game :rolleyes:

I happen to read the Miami papers during Jets week and they are always making it out to be larger than life. Our guys go about their business, they don't hang jerseys in lockers, complain about your fans, ... They just go out and beat you. Right now and it has been the case for most of the last 8 years we are in your heads the same way NE is in our heads. It happens, it doesn't mean it will happen forever but it's the case right now.

don't you work? why are you on this site every day just being generally annoying? go get some exercise...

Are you here now or not? and do you do anything except post about my posts?

Junoir 61503
09-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I love the way JT has grown to hate the JETS like fin fans have,it's like he's the voice out there for us.He probbably did'nt have a clue he was going to hate the Jets this much while back @ Akron.

PressCoverage
09-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Uh yeah we were the ones talking Super Bowl after 4-12, we are the ones who are talking Super Bowl after winning a home game :rolleyes:

I happen to read the Miami papers during Jets week and they are always making it out to be larger than life. Our guys go about their business, they don't hang jerseys in lockers, complain about your fans, ... They just go out and beat you. Right now and it has been the case for most of the last 8 years we are in your heads the same way NE is in our heads. It happens, it doesn't mean it will happen forever but it's the case right now.

Are you here now or not? and do you do anything except post about my posts?

well, i mean... i'm here, for a little while... enjoying holding you accountable for your know-it-all opinion... but i'm not here nearly as often as you... and i certainly don't go to GangGreen and spew 2,900+ threads of misinformation, conjecture and heresay quite like you do here...

anyhow.... i don't remember talking super bowl for Miami... and i believe 99% of finheaven refrained from such an opinion also... so why are you grouping them all together with yet another sweeping generality to support your confrontational opinion?

zimm
09-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Jests fans, yea we know it's been rough lately, but those days are over.

But I have 2 words for you to make you run screaming....Dan Marino.

And starting Monday you will run screaming when you hear....Nick Saban. :lol:

Don't normally talk smack, but the Jets just bring it out in me!

Now.... go back to whining about fistfights on the sideline.
A new era is about to begin! :evil:

WharfRat
09-16-2005, 10:18 AM

:lol:

Picturing that reminds me of Bateman in The Replacements...

Coach - Get me the ball...
Bateman - Get you the ball..
Bateman - Get you the ball..aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghhh!!!!! Get the ball, get the ball, get the ball.......

[S][T][O][R][M]
09-16-2005, 10:26 AM

If we're well ahead in the 4th quarter, with a little time remaining ... hell, why not ??

I think it would be funny as $-hit to see Penny-Boy / Dumbo kiss the Meadowland dirt LOL

I just gots to see that iffin it happens !

Oh yea, by the way ... the stinki'n goat-hearding J-E-T-S is gonna be ....

:0wned:

And another thing ... HEY FIREMAN ED .... TAKE YOUR FIREHOSE AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN RISES !!

WharfRat
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
[T][O][R][M]']If we're well ahead in the 4th quarter, with a little time remaining ... hell, why not ??

I think it would be funny as $-hit to see Penny-Boy / Dumbo kiss the Meadowland dirt LOL

I just gots to see that iffin it happens !

Oh yea, by the way ... the stinki'n goat-hearding J-E-T-S is gonna be ....

:0wned:

And another thing ... HEY FIREMAN ED .... TAKE YOUR FIREHOSE AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN RISES !!

Let's not turn this thread into smack.... please

ErroneousFlint
09-16-2005, 11:48 AM
man, i hope that i'm replying to a post and not a sig this time.

insignificant: i remember that the best miami / jets games were played at 4pm eastern. back then you didnt have directtv so i was always stuck watching klecko, gastineau, todd, walker with the one eye. man, although i hate the jets and the fans who dig them, theyll always be part of my growing up on long island. without the jets, there are no dolphins.

if the directtv guy doesnt show today i will kill him. {joke}

PressCoverage
09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
without the jets, there are no dolphins.
{joke}

ermmmm.... what?

ZedThomas
09-16-2005, 12:32 PM
well, genius... it's a sweeping generality to stay things like "we have been in your heads for years" and "every time we play it's larger than life for miami"... you're sure of this? or is that just your assessment that helps you sleep at night? ... up there you don't talk about miami week? ummm... up there you guys talk every week... and never stop talking... why would miami week be any different... you guys are the best, and you know the most... that's why everyone loves new york sports fans... :rolleyes:

Why does whatever this guy does, get under your skin anyway? If you think someone is a knucklehead and you dislike their posts, don't read them. Why invite someone to leave a public forum. It is a big week for them and a big week for us; division opponent, long standing rivalry, many thrilling and interesting games in past years, on and on. No reason to be an impolite douchebag about things. Cheers, Zed

DolfanTom
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Is he going to tell the story of a young Jason Taylor who talked so much smack on a Monday night game that he cried on the sidelines when he lost?

BZ
If it keeps something like that debacle from happening ever again - yes, I hope so! The dark side was strong that night :vader: :maul: We were powerless against it.

Omaha_Dolfan
09-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Hell, I think he was in check last week. The penalty on Plummer was a direct answer on the hit to Ferrotte. In my opinion it was worth it. If nothing else to simply send a message to the league that we are not the same nice team we used to be.

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:08 PM
well, i mean... i'm here, for a little while... enjoying holding you accountable for your know-it-all opinion... but i'm not here nearly as often as you... and i certainly don't go to GangGreen and spew 2,900+ threads of misinformation, conjecture and heresay quite like you do here...

anyhow.... i don't remember talking super bowl for Miami... and i believe 99% of finheaven refrained from such an opinion also... so why are you grouping them all together with yet another sweeping generality to support your confrontational opinion?

I don't post misinformation, b/c you are blinded by homerism you can't see certain things. That's ok, we all overrate our teams and players to a certain extent but obviously you must enjoy my posts b/c you commet on them an awful lot.

But I have 2 words for you to make you run screaming....Dan Marino.

marino torched us #s wise but we also won alot of games against him and did it when we had some bad teams.

If we're well ahead in the 4th quarter, with a little time remaining ... hell, why not ??

Classy post :shakeno:

popularwar
09-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Classy post :shakeno:
Yeah, I forgot you Jets fans are all about class.

MelbournePhin
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM
boy junc, you got worked by PC.

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:40 PM
boy junc, you got worked by PC.

how so? all he has done is whine about my posts and not provide any info for an argument.

phinphan11
09-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Let's not turn this thread into smack.... please

Too late... it has that aroma already.

Looks like no matter who wins this game someone will be dining on a serving of 'Crow" after Sunday.

Jet_Hater
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Don't worry about the Jets.... they're pretenders...This from the hysterical and always wise Bill Simmons..

Conversely, we know three teams are worse than many people thought ...

N.Y. Jets
Shaky coach, shaky QB, shaky defense. Any time you get more than two "shaky's" in there, that's trouble.

Which reminds me, it's time to finally unveil my Shaky Scale. Here's how it works -- rate every team's coach and quarterback on a Shaky Scale from 1 to 10, with Brady and Belichick being a "1" and the Norv Turners and Patrick Ramseys of the world counting as perfect "10's." When you add the scores for each team's coach and QB, if it's 15 or higher, then that team can't possibly make the playoffs. That's the real reason the Saints kept falling short every year, because Brooks (7) and Haslett (8) are a combined 15. Can they beat the odds this season? We'll see.

Anyway, here are the combinations that reach or surpass "15" for the 2005 season:

Jets (18) -- Edwards is an 8; Pennington is a 10 with his bum shoulder.
Texans (18) -- Perfect 10 for Capers, an 8 for David Carr.
Raiders (18) -- Perfect 10 for Turner, 8 for Collins (although they could hit 20 soon).
Broncos (16) -- Plummer is a 9, Shanahan is a 7 (and climbing).
Redskins (15) -- An 8 for Brunell, 7 for Gibbs (remember, we're grading the 2005 Gibbs).
Lions (15) -- Harrington gets a 9, Mariucci a 6.
Rams (15) -- Bulger gets a 4, Martz gets an 11.

WharfRat
09-16-2005, 01:51 PM
OK...Everybody.

Please don't make me close this thread because some of you are turning it into a smack fest.

timbalu
09-16-2005, 02:28 PM

BZ

This Sunday, he may be laughing so hard he'll have tears in his eyes . That WON'T be MY favorite story, but Dolphins have alot more good stories to tell than the JETS ! :fire:

nyrican
09-16-2005, 02:40 PM

this is the Jets Superbowl Game :eek: Jets week is huge down here in South Fl it's a huuuuuuuuge game for both teams...
division game just for starters.. and the hated rivalry ...

tough game for both teams

Justasportsfan
09-16-2005, 02:45 PM

BZwhy do you thinking they are called Cryami dolphins?

BwanaZulia
09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
This Sunday, he may be laughing so hard he'll have tears in his eyes . That WON'T be MY favorite story, but Dolphins have alot more good stories to tell than the JETS ! :fire:

Just none that came from the last 5 years, right?

BZ

Kadiddlehopper
09-16-2005, 07:38 PM
The only reason the Jets are 11-3 against us, is the previous regimes couldn't figure out that Zach aagainst Kevin is no contest. Those days are gone! Look out Jets, here come the NEW Miami Dolphins!!

timbalu
09-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Just none that came from the last 5 years, right?

BZ

The past 5 years could have been better, but I wouldn't trade the history of the
Dolphins for the history of the Jets..And, I wouldn't want to be a Jets fan, this coming Sunday ! B.Z., if your wife is a Fin fan and you're a Jets fan where do you live ? (and, I'll bet it ain't in New Yew-wuk !) :)

timbalu
09-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Since the name of this thread is "It's story time,kids" here's a great little bedtime story for you .
Once upon a time there was this ugly, hairy, fruity guy named JISMSPURTSPICK
who used to frequent the Deli counter at the neighborhood grocer in Suckalo, because the deli manager was also light in the "Hush Puppies" just like good ol' "Jizz", and that's how they became "friends". One day, JISMSPURTSPICK was drooling over the fresh sausages at the deli counter when his friend said "Oh Jizz, can I help you make a selection ?"
As he threw his arms up Jizz was to quick to reply ,as he squealed "Oh, gawd just give me that long thick pepperoni, and make it quick !"
The deli manager asked "Would you like it in thin slices ?"
Jizz replied "Why, do do think my a$$ is a PIGGY BANK ?" :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Kinzua
09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Don't worry about the Jets.... they're pretenders...This from the hysterical and always wise Bill Simmons..

Conversely, we know three teams are worse than many people thought ...

N.Y. Jets
Shaky coach, shaky QB, shaky defense. Any time you get more than two "shaky's" in there, that's trouble.

Which reminds me, it's time to finally unveil my Shaky Scale. Here's how it works -- rate every team's coach and quarterback on a Shaky Scale from 1 to 10, with Brady and Belichick being a "1" and the Norv Turners and Patrick Ramseys of the world counting as perfect "10's." When you add the scores for each team's coach and QB, if it's 15 or higher, then that team can't possibly make the playoffs. That's the real reason the Saints kept falling short every year, because Brooks (7) and Haslett (8) are a combined 15. Can they beat the odds this season? We'll see.

Anyway, here are the combinations that reach or surpass "15" for the 2005 season:

Jets (18) -- Edwards is an 8; Pennington is a 10 with his bum shoulder.
Texans (18) -- Perfect 10 for Capers, an 8 for David Carr.
Raiders (18) -- Perfect 10 for Turner, 8 for Collins (although they could hit 20 soon).
Broncos (16) -- Plummer is a 9, Shanahan is a 7 (and climbing).
Redskins (15) -- An 8 for Brunell, 7 for Gibbs (remember, we're grading the 2005 Gibbs).
Lions (15) -- Harrington gets a 9, Mariucci a 6.
Rams (15) -- Bulger gets a 4, Martz gets an 11.

Yeah, Martz is at least an 11! :lol: How can the guy mismanage so much talent and still keep his job???:rofl3:

Kinzua
09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
why do you thinking they are called Cryami dolphins?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

They'll be cryin' more this season, too!!! :rofl3:

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 07:00 AM
The only reason the Jets are 11-3 against us, is the previous regimes couldn't figure out that Zach aagainst Kevin is no contest. Those days are gone! Look out Jets, here come the NEW Miami Dolphins!!

What about the regime before Wanny? The Jets had won 4 straight against JJ's teams and 2 of those w/ Ray Lucas at QB :lol:

timbalu
09-17-2005, 07:50 AM
What about the regime before Wanny? The Jets had won 4 straight against JJ's teams and 2 of those w/ Ray Lucas at QB :lol:

At least Ray Lucas is healthy. After Sunday you may need to sign him ! :lol: :lol:

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 07:56 AM
At least Ray Lucas is healthy. After Sunday you may need to sign him ! :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should bring him in this week, after all he is undefeated against the Dolphins :D

BwanaZulia
09-17-2005, 08:15 AM
The past 5 years could have been better, but I wouldn't trade the history of the
Dolphins for the history of the Jets..And, I wouldn't want to be a Jets fan, this coming Sunday ! B.Z., if your wife is a Fin fan and you're a Jets fan where do you live ? (and, I'll bet it ain't in New Yew-wuk !) :)

I will take that bet.

I live, work and play in New York City.

You will have to ask her why she is a Dolphins fan, she has told me at least a 100 times and I still don't get it as she was raised on the Upper West Side. :)

As for history, I am good with the recent history under Herm, our horrible history before that and being the team that won the most important Super Bowl in the history of the NFL.

Good enough for my history books.

How about your future?

BZ