Kinzua
09-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I know how much some of you enjoy my predictions so here I go:

Fins over Jets
Pats over Panthers
Bucs over Bills

let the agruing begin

Wishful thinking, sweetpea.

Jests over Fishies. The Jests will exocise their frustration and embarassment from last week by thumping the Fishies.

Patsies over Panthers. Panthers go 0-2. Injuries or not, the Panthers are overrated.

Bills over Bucs. The Bills prove they are for real in a tough defensive match in enemy territory.

timbalu
09-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Jests over Fishies. The Jests will exocise their frustration and embarassment from last week by thumping the Fishies.

Patsies over Panthers. Panthers go 0-2. Injuries or not, the Panthers are overrated.

Bills over Bucs. The Bills prove they are for real in a tough defensive match in enemy territory.

ZOO-B1TCH's been smokin' that SUCKALO sh1t, again. Lose the delusions sport!
:shakeno:

Justasportsfan
09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
ZOO-B1TCH's been smokin' that SUCKALO sh1t, again. Lose the delusions sport!
timbubu is a nativefruitcake wannabe.

nick1
09-16-2005, 01:15 PM

why will the Bills beat a team with a better offense and just as good of a defense as they have?

also, why will the Jets win? Miami has a more explosive offense and a better D not to mention better coaching

just asking for you reasons

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:26 PM
also, why will the Jets win? Miami has a more explosive offense and a better D not to mention better coaching

:lol: :lol:

washFin84
09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
timbubu is a nativefruitcake wannabe.and you're the real deal, the biggest billdike queen of them all. :lol:

nick1
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM
you don't agree that our D is better then yours?

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:42 PM
you don't agree that our D is better then yours?

Absolutely not. Our D was top 5 last year and will end up being as good, let me rephrase that- our D was a legit Top 5 unlike your top 5 D's of the recent past. Our D stepped up come playoff time. Your D always plays well in September(especially at hom ein the So. Fla heat) but they wear down. There's no doubt in my mind we are more talented on D and will be better. Don't be fooled by Week 1.

nick1
09-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Absolutely not. Our D was top 5 last year and will end up being as good, let me rephrase that- our D was a legit Top 5 unlike your top 5 D's of the recent past. Our D stepped up come playoff time. Your D always plays well in September(especially at hom ein the So. Fla heat) but they wear down. There's no doubt in my mind we are more talented on D and will be better. Don't be fooled by Week 1.
no way your D is more talented, Ty Law is washed up don't factor him in and he's the best DB you have which is very sad to say the least. Sam Madison may be old but is still better then any CB on your roster, Vilma alone doesn't make your LB crops better then ours. Call them old but Seau and Thomas are still good and then we added Crowder and Spragan whom have youth and Crowder is just as talented as Vilma is. We've already had the discussion on Taylor, Ellis and Abe but you can't say that Ellis and Abe are more proven then Taylor, Taylor is injured much less often and gets the same amount if not more DT's then Ellis or Abe and is still very effective. Sorry but I fail to see how Ellis, Abe, Vilma and a washed up Law make the whole D good

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
no way your D is more talented, Ty Law is washed up don't factor him in and he's the best DB you have which is very sad to say the least. Sam Madison may be old but is still better then any CB on your roster, Vilma alone doesn't make your LB crops better then ours. Call them old but Seau and Thomas are still good and then we added Crowder and Spragan whom have youth and Crowder is just as talented as Vilma is. We've already had the discussion on Taylor, Ellis and Abe but you can't say that Ellis and Abe are more proven then Taylor, Taylor is injured much less often and gets the same amount if not more DT's then Ellis or Abe and is still very effective. Sorry but I fail to see how Ellis, Abe, Vilma and a washed up Law make the whole D good

we have one of the best DL's in the game, possibly the best pair of DE's and a DT in Robertson who is by far better than anyone you have. Our LB's are better and our secondary is better(though the secondary's on both D's are their weak links). Law is washed up but madison isn't? law is still better than Sam at this point.

nick1
09-16-2005, 01:57 PM
we have one of the best DL's in the game, possibly the best pair of DE's and a DT in Robertson who is by far better than anyone you have. Our LB's are better and our secondary is better(though the secondary's on both D's are their weak links). Law is washed up but madison isn't? law is still better than Sam at this point.
like I said Vilma is better then Thomas but Vilma is not better then Crowder, Seau and Thomas. you must have more then one good LB to have the better LB crops and who the hell are your other LBs? can't be too good if nobody's even heard of them :lol:

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
like I said Vilma is better then Thomas but Vilma is not better then Crowder, Seau and Thomas. you must have more then one good LB to have the better LB crops and who the hell are your other LBs? can't be too good if nobody's even heard of them :lol:

Eric barton and Victor Hobson are our other 2 LBs and they are very good. As good as Vilma was last year barton was by far our best LB.

nick1
09-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Eric barton and Victor Hobson are our other 2 LBs and they are very good. As good as Vilma was last year barton was by far our best LB.
whatever is your opinion Martin is more explosive than Brown I bet... Schulters and Jones are good safety's and our secoundary isn't as weak as everybody thinks and is better then the Jet's. Our coaching staff is definitely better, one game and everybody already knows that Saban is a genious and we didn't even use our D playbook yet so you guys don't know what's coming (the simple plays worked on Denver so we didn't go into the good parts of the playbook yet)

nyrican
09-16-2005, 02:20 PM
:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

timbalu
09-16-2005, 02:21 PM
timbubu is a nativefruitcake wannabe.

And, JISMSPURTSPICK is a wannabe semi-human dressed in a smelly bovine fur !
Watch your step, Jizz..NativeFin kill Tatonka !! :D

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Our coaching staff is definitely better, one game and everybody already knows that Saban is a genious and we didn't even use our D playbook yet so you guys don't know what's coming (the simple plays worked on Denver so we didn't go into the good parts of the playbook yet)

how is your coaching staff better? And how is saban a genius after winning a home game that he should have won? We have a good HC and 2 of the best coordinators in the game(actually 3 counting Westhoff as our STs coach). Saban may be a better X & O's guy than Herm but he has a long way to prove he can be as succesful as Herm has been in the NFL. Please stop w/ the "we didn't open our playbook" stuff, no team opens up their entire playbook in Week 1. They do it over the course of a season based upon matchups.

homerpimpson
09-16-2005, 03:59 PM
nick = tard

nyjunc
09-16-2005, 04:01 PM
nick = tard

Nick is a good guy, he's just young and dosn't fully grasp everything YET. He's on the right path and I admire his zeal.

WILLIS21
09-16-2005, 05:53 PM
why will the Bills beat a team with a better offense and just as good of a defense as they have?

just asking for you reasons

Buffalo's defense isn't considerably better than Tampa Bay's, but it is better. Tampa Bay's defense has slipped since they won the SB in 2002.

Kinzua
09-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Nick is a good guy, he's just young and dosn't fully grasp everything YET. He's on the right path and I admire his zeal.

I agree. You have to understand, Nick, that there are some factors that override talent, and in the right situations, those factors can create improbable wins.

The best example occurred just last year. The Patsies are rollin' along lookin' to sew up home field advantage for the playoffs. Late in the season, they get to play Miami on Monday night TV. The Fishies are about cooked. They've won only 2 or 3 games. Their coach quit. Man, those Patsies and their fans are droolin' over the Fish filets they're gonna feast on. On paper, the Fishies ought not even show up, and Madden and his buds are trying to pretend the game's not going to be a dud.

Guess what? The Fishies didn't forfeit the game; they played it. They played for nothing but their pride because that's all they really had, and they beat the future Super Bowl champs. (I even rooted for the Fishies in that one!)

Well, first off, the Jests have as good as or better talent as the Fishies in most positions, and a lot more in some, especially on the lines. Moroever, the Jests didn't just lose last week. They played Custer and the Seventh Cavalry to the Chiefs' Sitting Bull and his Sioux. Massacred. Embarrassed. Humiliated. Got their butts whipped. Everything that could go wrong in that game for the Jests, did -- and then some.

This week is their home opener, and against a hated division rival at that. They've had to watch the film of their debacle in KC. They've had to listen and read about how craaaapppy they played all week long. They're going to try to redeem themselves, redeem their pride, before their home crowd. They're going to do their best to take out their frustration and humiliation out on their next opponent, the Fishies. Unless the Jets' talent has somehow deteriorated far beyond anyone's expectations, they're going to win. If Penny was sound and the Miami defense not so stout, it would be a blowout.

This isn't a game about talent. It's a game about pride. I think the Jests would beat the Patsies on Sunday if that was the team they were playing.

wolverine5660
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM

If your Defense is so damn good, why did they give up 198 yards in rushing alone!!! :eek:

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 07:02 AM
If your Defense is so damn good, why did they give up 198 yards in rushing alone!!! :eek:

It's ONE game and the if you watched the gamne most f those #s came on 2 drives. They gashe dus on the first drive for 75 rushing yards but after that we controlled their running game until late in the 4th when the game was definitely over. Don't expect a similar performance this week as we will get better and we are facing a much eaier task than Priest & LJ.

BwanaZulia
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
It's ONE game and the if you watched the gamne most f those #s came on 2 drives. They gashe dus on the first drive for 75 rushing yards but after that we controlled their running game until late in the 4th when the game was definitely over. Don't expect a similar performance this week as we will get better and we are facing a much eaier task than Priest & LJ.

Not to mention the comparison of the KC o-line to that of the Dolphins.

BZ

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 08:19 AM

BZ

Another good point.

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I look for Brown to have a really good game and have his first 100 yard rushing game

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:11 AM

BZ
Miami looked good on the o-line last week, they only gave up 1 sack and really other then that there was zero QB pressure and thats exactly what Miami has to do for Frerotte. You give him time and he can tear it up but you pressure him he turns into Fiedlier

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Miami looked good on the o-line last week, they only gave up 1 sack and really other then that there was zero QB pressure

it doesn't sound like they were opening holes for Brown who averaged less than 3 YPC and our DL is alot better than Den's anyway.

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
it doesn't sound like they were opening holes for Brown who averaged less than 3 YPC and our DL is alot better than Den's anyway.
Brown's stats are a little misleading, he lost about 10 yards on 2 of those carries because of bad play calling or bad blocking a mix of the two but anyway his stats weren't bad for a NFL debut

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:18 AM
plus the whole Dolphins team had about 150 yards rushing

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Brown's stats are a little misleading, he lost about 10 yards on 2 of those carries because of bad play calling or bad blocking a mix of the two but anyway his stats weren't bad for a NFL debut

You can take away that carry and the 10-12 yard loss but his YPC iss till awful. I'm not saying he won't be good but he didn't have an impressive debut. For the dolphins to win this week they will need to get the ground game going.

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:19 AM
plus the whole Dolphins team had about 150 yards rushing

60 of those yards came courtesy of a reverse by Chambers. take thata way and your rushing #s are awful.

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:22 AM
You can take away that carry and the 10-12 yard loss but his YPC iss till awful. I'm not saying he won't be good but he didn't have an impressive debut. For the dolphins to win this week they will need to get the ground game going.
I have a feeling that Brown will be running wild

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:23 AM
60 of those yards came courtesy of a reverse by Chambers. take thata way and your rushing #s are awful.
if you take that away we still have about 90 yards rushing which isn't good but it's not bad neither

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:23 AM
I have a feeling that Brown will be running wild

Wild? I don't see that happening, I expect him to have a better game but I'll be shocked if he runs wild.

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:24 AM
if you take that away we still have about 90 yards rushing which isn't good but it's not bad neither

90 yards on 2.8 YPC which isn't good.

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:29 AM
90 yards on 2.8 YPC which isn't good.
we didn't run that much because our passing game was effective and we had 360 total yards without the Chambers play on the reverse and thats good, we had 426 total yards in the game when you include the Chambers play

nyjunc
09-17-2005, 09:31 AM
we didn't run that much because our passing game was effective and we had 360 total yards without the Chambers play on the reverse and thats good, we had 426 total yards in the game when you include the Chambers play

you ran it 33 times and threw it 36 so you still ran quote a bit but wisely exploited the band up Denver secondary in the 2nd half.

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:33 AM
okay, whats your prediction score for this game?

24-14 Dolphins - Jets can't stop Brown and Frerotte has another good game while Miami D holds the Jets running game to under 100 total yards

nick1
09-17-2005, 09:34 AM
you ran it 33 times and threw it 36 so you still ran quote a bit but wisely exploited the band up Denver secondary in the 2nd half.
let's just say that we had a good game plan

nyjunc
09-18-2005, 06:30 AM
okay, whats your prediction score for this game?

24-14 Dolphins - Jets can't stop Brown and Frerotte has another good game while Miami D holds the Jets running game to under 100 total yards

My prediction is this:

Miami 14
NY Jets 24

brown ha a better game but still can't crack the centruy mark, Frerotte throws 2 picks and his seesaw goes down this week, the O finishes off drives instead of shooting oursleves in the foot, Curtis is better but not over 100, Coles has a huge game.

nchard
09-18-2005, 08:36 AM
My prediction is this:

Miami 14
NY Jets 24

brown ha a better game but still can't crack the centruy mark, Frerotte throws 2 picks and his seesaw goes down this week, the O finishes off drives instead of shooting oursleves in the foot, Curtis is better but not over 100, Coles has a huge game.

i'm not a fan of the phins,jets or bills. but my unbias oppinion, is after weighting both sides ,defense are about the same ,but i have to give the edge to the phins. offense i give the edge to jets. coaching jets get it hands down. i think coaching will keep miami out of the playoffs. so even after a first week win . i think the jets will win a close one
jets 24
phins 21
sorry phins fans don shula is still the best coach the phins ever had.

painnotpleasure
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Miami over N.Y. Jets
Tampa Bay over Buffalo
New England over Carolina

cnc66
09-18-2005, 10:37 AM
i'm not a fan of the phins,jets or bills. but my unbias oppinion, is after weighting both sides ,defense are about the same ,but i have to give the edge to the phins. offense i give the edge to jets. coaching jets get it hands down. i think coaching will keep miami out of the playoffs. so even after a first week win . i think the jets will win a close one
jets 24
phins 21
sorry phins fans don shula is still the best coach the phins ever had.

hahahahahaahaha, put down the Kool Aid dude :rofl3:

Marino1983
09-18-2005, 10:53 AM

So Saban is going into Sunday coaching his SECOND game as an NFL h-c and YOU are dissing his coaching abilities????
:lol:
There are clinics out there to help YOUR chronic drug abuse,,, DICK....

Marino1983

Justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I have a feeling that Brown will be running wildturns out that feeling was just gas from too much beans
:rofl3:

Justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 07:20 PM

:goof:

BleedinGreenNC
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Much better defense!:goof:

nick1
09-19-2005, 10:35 AM
turns out that feeling was just gas from too much beans
:rofl3:
what happened to the Bills? :lol:

nick1
09-19-2005, 10:38 AM
this was a horrible game for both teams but it turned out that the Jets offense could move the ball a little better then Miami did but the mistakes prevented Miami from doing to much. The blocking was horrible and the flags allowed the Jets to score on the opening drive, other then that our D played well

Justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 10:49 AM
what happened to the Bills? :lol:the bills was an easy prediction. We have a rookie playing in his first road game against an awsome D. Even I picked the bucs as favorites.

So back to your Dolphins predictions. Looks to me you don't know your football. :goof:

Props to you though. At least you showed up. You have more balls than your fellow finfans kid :up:

nick1
09-19-2005, 11:07 AM
the bills was an easy prediction. We have a rookie playing in his first road game against an awsome D. Even I picked the bucs as favorites.

So back to your Dolphins predictions. Looks to me you don't know your football. :goof:

Props to you though. At least you showed up. You have more balls than your fellow finfans kid :up:
I didn't factor in the consistency of Frerotte, he's way too inconsitent to predict

BleedinGreenNC
09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I didn't factor in the consistency of Frerotte, he's way too inconsitent to predictMatt Leinart is available this upcoming draft!:lol:

nick1
09-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Matt Leinart is available this upcoming draft!:lol:
I'm hoping for Omar Jacobs

Justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
I didn't factor in the consistency of Frerotte, he's way too inconsitent to predict
you shoud factor in the inconsistency of your wr's, rb's ,OL and especially your D that you bragged about before the game. In other words your team isn't as good as you think it is just because they had 1 good game.

When trying to assess the fins make sure you know something about the opponent and see how they match up against the fins. Your problem is , you only know who's on your team and look at it with orange and teal glasess. Take then off.

The fins are definitely better than the Wanny fins.

nick1
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
you shoud factor in the inconsistency of your wr's, rb's ,OL and especially your D that you bragged about before the game. In other words your team isn't as good as you think it is just because they had 1 good game.

When trying to assess the fins make sure you know something about the opponent and see how they match up against the fins. Your problem is , you only know who's on your team and look at it with orange and teal glasess. Take then off.

The fins are definitely better than the Wanny fins.
how is the D inconsistent? they played well yesterday and they played well the week before, the inconsistency is on the offenses shoulders not the D's. maybe sometimes when the offense doesn't score some games and the D is on the field the whole game maybe then the D starts to wear but thats it

Justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
how is the D inconsistent? they played well yesterday and they played well the week before, the inconsistency is on the offenses shoulders not the D's. maybe sometimes when the offense doesn't score some games and the D is on the field the whole game maybe then the D starts to wear but thats itYeah, Chad went 7 for 7 in the closing minutes to seal the victory. They folded at crunch time.

BleedinGreenNC
09-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Chad went 7 for 7 in the closing minutes to seal the victory. They folded at crunch time.yes they did! It's a great Monday!

nick1
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm fine, I'd be more upset if we lost to the Jets in Miami or if Miami was 0-2 but the Jets are tough and we played in NY plus we are all 1-1 so none of us have anything to be sad about yet... if Portis has a good game tonight then I will be 2-0 in my fantasy league and have a good shot at winning the 200 bucks I would win for taking the league :woot:

BleedinGreenNC
09-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm fine, I'd be more upset if we lost to the Jets in Miami or if Miami was 0-2 but the Jets are tough and we played in NY plus we are all 1-1 so none of us have anything to be sad about yet... if Portis has a good game tonight then I will be 2-0 in my fantasy league and have a good shot at winning the 200 bucks I would win for taking the league :woot:I would rather lose in fantasy football and have my team win.

nick1
09-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I heard Martin is injured and might not play vs. the Jags, if the Jets don't have a RB for the Jag game no way they win

nick1
09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I would rather lose in fantasy football and have my team win.
I'd rather both teams win like last week, that was a great Monday

BleedinGreenNC
09-19-2005, 04:23 PM
I heard Martin is injured and might not play vs. the Jags, if the Jets don't have a RB for the Jag game no way they winHe will play!

nick1
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
He will play!
okay!

BleedinGreenNC
09-19-2005, 06:07 PM
okay!An injured Martin is better than a 100% Brown!

Justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm fine, I'd be more upset if we lost to the Jets in Miami or if Miami was 0-2 but the Jets are tough and we played in NY plus we are all 1-1 so none of us have anything to be sad about yet... A loss made you sing a different tune from what you were saying last week
;)

BwanaZulia
09-20-2005, 06:18 AM
I heard Martin is injured and might not play vs. the Jags, if the Jets don't have a RB for the Jag game no way they win

We have a good backup and a great rookie.

Don't you worry about the Jets anymore this season till December. Seems like you might have your hands full next week.

BZ

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 06:29 AM
this was a horrible game for both teams but it turned out that the Jets offense could move the ball a little better then Miami did but the mistakes prevented Miami from doing to much. The blocking was horrible and the flags allowed the Jets to score on the opening drive, other then that our D played well

The flags allowed the Jets to score on the opening drive b/c Chrebet was badly interferd w/, a horrible call by the refs also took away a TD. The game should not have been as close as the score showed.

timbalu
09-20-2005, 07:50 AM

Zoo-Slut , this is hysterical. TOUGH ? All your suck-a$$ Offense could come up with were THREE POINTS . Your team was smothered and you have the coconuts to come on a Dolphin website and sling your sh1t about the Dolphins' loss ? You need to drop your obsession with the Dolphins and concentrate on you own team. In case you haven't realized it yet, you're in DEEP DOO-DOO and it looks like it's only going to get deeper . Go away, play with your dancing fruit, take up the polka ( I hear it's big in your area) or even meet a female of your species, preferrably one whose knuckles don't drag on the ground..This could be a nice diversion to take your mind ( what you have of it) off something you know very little about: football .

nick1
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
An injured Martin is better than a 100% Brown!
maybe at this point but Brown is going to be an excellent RB just give him time

nick1
09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
The flags allowed the Jets to score on the opening drive b/c Chrebet was badly interferd w/, a horrible call by the refs also took away a TD. The game should not have been as close as the score showed.
what? Mare missed an easy FG because the hold wasn't right, the game should have been closer

nick1
09-20-2005, 10:43 AM
We have a good backup and a great rookie.

Don't you worry about the Jets anymore this season till December. Seems like you might have your hands full next week.

BZ
Carolina is good and they showed that by beating the Pats but they won at home and now they are gonna be playing at our house, we play close to unbeatable at home. I think Miami will have a very good home record this year. I don't see much offense from either team in this upcoming game, I'll go with Miami in a game decided by a FG

BwanaZulia
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Carolina is good and they showed that by beating the Pats but they won at home and now they are gonna be playing at our house, we play close to unbeatable at home. I think Miami will have a very good home record this year. I don't see much offense from either team in this upcoming game, I'll go with Miami in a game decided by a FG

Isn't it a little soon to say you play "unbeatable" at home when you have only had one home game and last season you went 4-12? Maybe you should ease up on the "unbeatable" talk.

As for Carolina, you have to be concerned that they are coming off a big win against a much better team (yes, The Pats are the best team in the AFC East, or the league until proven otherwise).

Not that they can't fall, but it won't be easy and 80 degree weather and 30,000 fans isn't going to get it done.

BZ

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 11:40 AM
what? Mare missed an easy FG because the hold wasn't right, the game should have been closer

Ok but we should have had at least 4 mroe points if not 7 based on the bad call on the Chrebet TD.

BwanaZulia
09-20-2005, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I feel the same way about the playoffs last year. Sadly, our feelings didn't hurt the scoreboard.

BZ

nick1
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Ok but we should have had at least 4 mroe points if not 7 based on the bad call on the Chrebet TD.
wasn't that the same drive you guys still had a TD on?