PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown looks like a bust!

Pages : 1 [2]

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 08:24 PM
right... so Caddy's almost 300 yards rushing after two games is all Caddy and no o-line.

you really watched the games. i can tell.

Caddy has more yards because he's an aggressive runner and doesn't hesitate with ballerina moves in the backfield. I watched both games and Caddy just hits the holes point blank.

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
right... so Caddy's almost 300 yards rushing after two games is all Caddy and no o-line.

you really watched the games. i can tell.

If you don't think a special RB can make a bad O line look good, you weren't paying attention in 2000 or 2002 to our own team.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Caddy has more yards because he's an aggressive runner and doesn't hesitate with ballerina moves in the backfield. I watched both games and Caddy just hits the holes point blank.

I agree...Ronnie takes too much time juking behind the line of scrimmage.

Strangeworld
09-18-2005, 08:28 PM
The apologists are out in full force today. Brown lacks vision and is NOT an instinctive runner. Lest I remind people that Brown ROSE to the top of the draft only AFTER his amazing show at the combine. My friends, it appears that we've made 20 MILLION dollar draft day blunder.

phinsfan4life1
09-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Ricky rushed well over 100 yards in our trampling over the Lions in his first game as a Fin.] okay dumb A$$, i know he's talking about RIcky's first game as a pro, not ricky after he's been in the league for a couple of years.[/font]

finsforlife
morris had 4 runs in garbage time... and had less yards. i don't see how that translates to "success".

Don't forget Sammy is a veteran. Ronnie is a rookie. Give Ronnie a chance....

Sammy was carrying the ball while we were still in the game..

Whitedolphin54
And what part is a load bull. The part that says it's to early to call Ronnie a bust. Or the part that says he's been bad the first 2 weeks.
Cuz I think both statements are very accurate.

I dont think he is a bust to start with--and i dont think he has had a terrible 2 weeks either. His first game I thought he had a solid performance. Today wasn't so good , but he is a rookie.. Apart from Mc Michael on O who did have a good game. Personally I would have not have drafted him, but once he was here he had my 100% backing. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of my book instaed of slagging off --back the guys we have got

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
The apologists are out in full force today. Brown lacks vision and is NOT an instinctive runner. Lest I remind people that Brown ROSE to the top of the draft only AFTER his amazing show at the combine. My friends, it appears that we've made 20 MILLION dollar draft day blunder.

That's the thing that never sat well with me, he's a combine guy........

Strangeworld
09-18-2005, 08:31 PM
most of Caddys yards come from big runs where the line had opened a big hole. I bet Willie Parker would have the yards probably more than Caddy.

Obviously you did not watch his performance today. He consistently had gains of 5 plus yards and had double digit runs I'd say about 4 - 5 times!!!
The man flat out got it done.

DeathStar
09-18-2005, 08:32 PM
This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back.

i agree.

i believed before game 1 that our best player on the offensive side of teh ball was ricky. and that also he will start come week 5.

finsforlife
He was good enough to beat Denver.

Ronnie didn.t beat Denver.....our defense and Frerotte did...

pigskinguy
I dont think he is a bust to start with--and i dont think he has had a terrible 2 weeks either. His first game I thought he had a solid performance. Today wasn't so good , but he is a rookie.. Apart from Mc Michael on O who did have a good game. Personally I would have not have drafted him, but once he was here he had my 100% backing. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of my book instaed of slagging off --back the guys we have got

I think you might be missing my point. I don't agree with the orginal poster that Ronnie is a bust. Like I said, it's way to early for that. But to say he has looked anywhere near impressive the first 2 weeks is just wrong.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
That's the thing that never sat well with me, he's a combine guy........

Yeah and we made a lot of money on

D Betters;
M Clayton;
J Cross;
J Jensen;
ETC

DeathStar
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
was ronnie only selected b/c he has better hands even though cadillac was teh better running.

the RB should RUN FIRST.

saban blew it.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I think you might be missing my point. I don't agree with the orginal poster that Ronnie is a bust. Like I said, it's way to early for that. But to say he has looked anywhere near impressive the first 2 weeks is just wrong.

No he certainly hasn't set the world alight---but a #2 pick on a RB--I didn't expect him too--withour O line and QB i think you were expecting too much

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:39 PM
If you don't think a special RB can make a bad O line look good, you weren't paying attention in 2000 or 2002 to our own team.
oh don't get me wrong - i agree with this comment here.

but this isn't the whole case here.... In 2000 and 2002 our O-lines were a hundred times better than our o-line this year.

you are quickly losing sight of my comment that YOU said was false..... that tampa's o-line is better than ours. i still stand by that and will continue to say that.

Pittman is not a "special" RB, and yet he managed to have a good game. That there should tell you something.

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:40 PM
I agree...Ronnie takes too much time juking behind the line of scrimmage.

does that make him a bust already? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:41 PM
holy crap guys, some of you are downright ridiculous.

Lamar Gordon ran 12 times for 40 yards and had a touchdown (almost 4 yards per carry). was he that good when he was here? yeah... .he didn't suddenly "become good" after he left here.

it was our crappy o-line.

Give Ronnie a break. He's a rookie in his second pro game behind the worst o-line in the league.

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Ronnie didn.t beat Denver.....our defense and Frerotte did...

Ya and if we lost Sam Madison, then proceeded to have Daniels and Howard (eeeeek) suffer from cramps, using Bell and Bua to play as DB's, not to mention lose a runningback we probably wouldn't have fared so well either.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
does that make him a bust already? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nope...second pick in the draft going to a team that needed a ground game..ie positive yards.

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:44 PM
was ronnie only selected b/c he has better hands even though cadillac was teh better running.

the RB should RUN FIRST.

saban blew it.

because he is a better all around back. I agree that he is struggling but when he gets it going he will be a top 10 back in this league.

Hellion
09-18-2005, 08:44 PM
The man flat out got it done.

But so did their OL, take away Pittmans 24 yard run and he still averages 3.6 yards on 6 carries. The OL was opening the holes.

Really, saying a rookie in his second game lacks vision and isn't instinctive. Come on.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
While it doesn't make him a bust exactly, his juking and jiving do NOT make him a Barry Sanders type of runner. The kid should know his talents and where his game is weak. He should not try to be a scatback as he is built more for power. If at this point in his career he does not know where his talents lie then he should NOT be starting. Saban needs to put the kid at fullback when RW gets back and until then let Sammy Morris split time with Ronnie.

PS. Never a Ronnie supporter and never will be.

PPS. 2.9 yards per carry average....What can Brown do for you?

Shouright
That's the thing that never sat well with me, he's a combine guy........Exactly. And Cadillac is a PLAYER by contrast. If Ronnie Brown had run .06 of a second slower in the 40, he'd have been drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd. I actually think we may see him switched to WR at some point in his career. He was 2nd on the depth chart to Cadillac for a reason -- they must've gotten more production out of Cadillac, which is the same thing we're seeing so far at this level.

Danny1339
Well he's no Barry Sanders. But he makes twice as much!

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
PS. Never a Ronnie supporter and never will be.

PPS. 2.9 yards per carry average....What can Brown do for you?
Curtis Martin, a pro-bowler and future hall of famer...... how did he do per carry?

and that was behind a GOOD o-line.

The Jets have a good defense, and they were especially woken up after last week. Not saying Ronnie is the best ever, but cut the kid some slack.... geez.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Ya and if we lost Sam Madison, then proceeded to have Daniels and Howard (eeeeek) suffer from cramps, using Bell and Bua to play as DB's, not to mention lose a runningback we probably wouldn't have fared so well either.

Ronnie was 2.6 ypc and 1 rec 4yds.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Curtis Martin, a pro-bowler and future hall of famer...... how did he do per carry?

and that was behind a GOOD o-line.

The Jets have a good defense, and they were especially woken up after last week. Not saying Ronnie is the best ever, but cut the kid some slack.... geez.

Custis had the Maimi run d on the other side of the ball.

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Ronnie was 2.6 ypc and 1 rec 4yds.

?

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Custis had the Maimi run d on the other side of the ball.
oh give me a break.

The Jets have a higher-ranked run D than we do - they did last year and will this year. They had an aberration last game versus KC... they really have a stout defense.

To cite the Dolphin D as a reason Curtis didn't run well, but to NOT acknowledge the Jets D as a reason Ronnie didn't run well, is a completely BLIND assessment of Ronnie's true abilities... and a cheating of the Jets due credit. Their defense played like how they really are - good.

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
not every 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5th pick in the draft come out and have great starts to begin their 1st year that is the bitter sweet of sports you cant compare players some are different some are comfortable when they take the field and some it takes 3 or 4 games.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 09:01 PM
oh give me a break.

The Jets have a higher-ranked run D than we do - they did last year and will this year. They had an aberration last game versus KC... they really have a stout defense.

To cite the Dolphin D as a reason Curtis didn't run well, but to NOT acknowledge the Jets D as a reason Ronnie didn't run well, is a completely BLIND assessment of Ronnie's true abilities... and a cheating of the Jets due credit. Their defense played like how they really are - good.

I haven't call Ronnie a bust and probably never will unless it truly shows with time under his belt...I've been comparing Sammy and Ronnie with both playing the same day against the same teams. Despite just a few carries Sammy has faired well. Ronnie is not playing his style of ball. After two games, we should have seen what he is made of. I truly believe he will thrive after Ricky gets back and time will be split heavily.

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by NathanHunt
For all the defending of Ronnie, people need to come to grips with reality and stop making excuses. He dances and is very hesitant at times. I've seen veterans cut for these same stats and habits. Just because Ronnie is a Phin should not give him a free pass. I'm not saying cut the guy, but I am saying we need to ADJUST our thinking and realize OTHER ROOKIES have done much better on WORSE teams.

lol, so a rookie starting his 2nd game should be looked at as a bust due to the rookie mistakes he's making? you have to be a ****ing idiot in order to form such an opinion. really, there's no other way you could come to this conclusion unless you're mentally unstable

Apparently you didn't read my post. I said "we need to ADJUST our thinking and realize OTHER ROOKIES have done much better on WORSE teams". Any REASONABLE fan would admit Ronnie has physical abilities but he has yet to gain the instinct and knowledge needed in this offense to be successful. I simply made a statement of fact.

Compared to Cadillac, Ronnie looks at least a year behind. And, they were drafted at the same time. Stop making EXCUSES and live with the FACTS. Ronnie is NOT ready at this point in time.

laxcoach
09-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Exactly. And Cadillac is a PLAYER by contrast. If Ronnie Brown had run .06 of a second slower in the 40, he'd have been drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd. I actually think we may see him switched to WR at some point in his career. He was 2nd on the depth chart to Cadillac for a reason -- they must've gotten more production out of Cadillac, which is the same thing we're seeing so far at this level.

He weighs too much. He's more likely to be a tweener RB/FB like (gulp) Konrad.

I don't think that will happen though. I think we will see a Ronnie/Rickie backfield for 2 years, if not more.

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Yes i agree he needs to improve but 2 games as a pro with this sucky line. People expect to much Sammy has been in the league a while. Maybe Sammy needs to start. 2 games does not prove if a player is a bust or not starting material either

I don't see a conflict in our opinions... and I think we are both on the same page.

However, I also believe the blind support he is receiving and consistent excuses being provided for him are NOT where we should be at this point.

We just tasted a 4-12 record of reality. I've said it before, if we don't rebuild CORRECTLY, we will be here again shortly. And, rebuilding means being honest about the team. And honestly, Ronnie is not producing at the current. Rookie or not, he IS accountable. Making as much money as he does is not an excuse or reason for empathy. He is accountable.

Saban is looking to field the best players available to help us win. My personal opinion is Sammy Morris then Ricky Williams should be starting while Ronnie learns. We CAN be a playoff team THIS YEAR. If we win tonite (hindsight), we are 1 game up in the division lead. EVERY GAME COUNTS. And losing the close ones when we have yet to even find our stride REALLY HURTS later.

Just because he is the "future" and is paid like it, doesn't mean his lack of production needs an "*" beside it in the stat line. Cadillac is a rookie, no excuses for him. And there should be none for Ronnie. If any other RB in the league produced these stats over 2 games, he would be looking behind him for the guy about to take his spot.

The fans of Ronnie need to wake up from this haze, we are a rebuilding team that is 1 - 1. We could have been 2 - 0 and at least .500 when Ricky returns. Every win AND loss is critical. And Ronnie needs to be held accountable if he is to be the future. That accountability starts when he starts.

Noland
09-18-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't see a conflict in our opinions... and I think we are both on the same page.

However, I also believe the blind support he is receiving and consistent excuses being provided for him are NOT where we should be at this point.

We just tasted a 4-12 record of reality. I've said it before, if we don't rebuild CORRECTLY, we will be here again shortly. And, rebuilding means being honest about the team. And honestly, Ronnie is not producing at the current. Rookie or not, he IS accountable. Making as much money as he does is not an excuse or reason for empathy. He is accountable.

Saban is looking to field the best players available to help us win. My personal opinion is Sammy Morris then Ricky Williams should be starting while Ronnie learns. We CAN be a playoff team THIS YEAR. If we win tonite (hindsight), we are 1 game up in the division lead. EVERY GAME COUNTS. And losing the close ones when we have yet to even find our stride REALLY HURTS later.

Just because he is the "future" and is paid like it, doesn't mean his lack of production needs an "*" beside it in the stat line. Cadillac is a rookie, no excuses for him. And there should be none for Ronnie. If any other RB in the league produced these stats over 2 games, he would be looking behind him for the guy about to take his spot.

The fans of Ronnie need to wake up from this haze, we are a rebuilding team that is 1 - 1. We could have been 2 - 0 and at least .500 when Ricky returns. Every win AND loss is critical. And Ronnie needs to be held accountable if he is to be the future. That accountability starts when he starts.

agreed maybe he does need to sit when Ricky comes back but it is immature to call him a bust.

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
agreed maybe he does need to sit when Ricky comes back but it is immature to call him a bust.

Please check my posts. I never called him a bust. Just saying we have better options at RB and fans should temper there enthusiasm while sprinkling in a little realism.

Noland
09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Please check my posts. I never called him a bust. Just saying we have better options at RB and fans should temper there enthusiasm while sprinkling in a little realism.

Oh i know i meant for everybody that called him that

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh i know i meant for everybody that called him that

NP. Thanks for the clarification.

minus
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
IMO

Ronnie is better suited to play FB in the pro's.

Phinatic
09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Whoever posted those stats about Ricky's first two games is wrong. Ricky rushed well over 100 yards in our trampling over the Lions in his first game as a Fin.

if you would think about that you would remember he was a new orleans saint first, that the yards he ran for in the first two games in his career

Ozzy
09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
It always kills me that some of these dolphin fans are in denial! (LOL) If you watch Ronnie Brown run the ball you can tell he is not the best back that was in the draft. Some people need to wake up and watch the game. We are going to lose a ton of games until we show teams we can run the ball.

It always kills me to see someone who thinks he knows more than anyone. It kills me even more that the supposed knowitalls always seem to miss the most important parts.

Now please explain to me how the offensive line looked today. I'd really love to hear this......

tylerdolphin
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I wanted Caddy or Benson before Ronnie, but hey we have Ronnie. I believe Caddy is the better of the two but ive not given up on Ronnie yet.

Ozzy
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
IMO

Ronnie is better suited to play FB in the pro's.

IMO they should put him at Center. They might finally stop having defenders in the backfield on every play.

TarHeelFinFan
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Ronnie hasn't gotten enough carries to put up big yardage. We're passing the ball too much

Dphins4me
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:

This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back. :grouplaug

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 10:15 PM
It always kills me to see someone who thinks he knows more than anyone. It kills me even more that the supposed knowitalls always seem to miss the most important parts.

Now please explain to me how the offensive line looked today. I'd really love to hear this......

"Steeley Dan is not a person, it's a band.... It's not the leaning tower of pizza... We get fringe benefits, not French benefits..." :rofl3:

minus
09-18-2005, 10:17 PM
IMO they should put him at Center. They might finally stop having defenders in the backfield on every play.

Denial.......

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I hope Ronnie is not a bust and maybe it is to early to tell right now. however he does not look like a franchise back. Look at Julius jones for Dallas. IT did not take that guy weeks and weeks before you saw his talent. I think some fin fans in here need to wake up and watch the games. We did not need a back that can block and catch. WE need a back that can move the chains. There was a guy that said he looks like Eddie George. I agree with that because I don't see Ronnie busting any huge runs any time soon.

LarryFinFan
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Did anyone who has posted a "Ronnie Sucks" take into consideration he was playing hurt today...when the RB has a sore shoulder...it can be tough for him. That said, when you draft a guy #2, I guess you can't be faulted for expecting him to be the greatest thing since sliced bread...but keep in mind that the OL has EVERYTHING to do with the success or lack of success of a RB...look at the 2 games we played...our OL is only slightly better than last year's line at this point...when they improve, and Ronnie doesn't, then you can question his being picked...

BIG_SIR
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Sammy Morris has carried the ball twice this season.Six carries for 37 yards.

Coral Reefer
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
It always kills me that some of these dolphin fans are in denial! (LOL) If you watch Ronnie Brown run the ball you can tell he is not the best back that was in the draft. Some people need to wake up and watch the game. We are going to lose a ton of games until we show teams we can run the ball.

He may end up being a bust, however, only an idiot would say they can tell a rookies going to be a bust after 2 career starts in addition to not having had a full training camp.
Welcome idiot!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I truly believe Martha Stewart could carry a more intelligent football conversation than a number of numbskulls on this board! :shakeno:

Dphins4me
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Did anyone who has posted a "Ronnie Sucks" take into consideration he was playing hurt today...when the RB has a sore shoulder...it can be tough for him. That said, when you draft a guy #2, I guess you can't be faulted for expecting him to be the greatest thing since sliced bread...but keep in mind that the OL has EVERYTHING to do with the success or lack of success of a RB...look at the 2 games we played...our OL is only slightly better than last year's line at this point...when they improve, and Ronnie doesn't, then you can question his being picked...
Think? Nope never heard of anything like that here.

PHANTASTIC 13
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Two games in and some knuckle head states that Ronnie Brown is a bust...what a freakin' joke...that should make the most moronic statement of the year! :tongue:

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 10:26 PM
well then you better start looking at yourself. Because how many more excuses are you going to give for Ronnie's slow ***. Damn the guy looks like he is in slow motion out there. Even when he missed the shuffle pass - he just sat there and looked at the ball instead of jumping on it. He was definitey not worth the 2nd over all pick in the draft.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
If anyone is making excuses for a running back that played hurt than it is obvious to me that you've never played ball in your life. Week in and week out just about EVERYONE on the field is sore. If you can't play SORE(not in extreme pain) for a game...there is a SERIOUS issue with heart. Not just Ronnie Brown falls into this category, many of the young kids in the NFL need to look at tapes of Ronnie Lott playing and some of the other hardcore guys. Even pee wee league kids play sore...there is NO reason any of you should be saying but his shoulder hurt. Blah blah blah...if it was bad enough he wasn't going to play well he should have sat out and not risked re-injuring it.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I give up you guys are pathetic. you must be related to Ronnie brown or something! (LOL)

Ozzy
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Denial.......

Denial of what? You show me some holes, and Ronnie Brown does the same crap. I'll be all over him.

Now I happen to see a much bigger problem here. The offensive line is getting knocked backwards on almost every single running play. Today they could not stop the pass rush either. In two games McKinney has been terrible, and I've been really disapionted in Rex Hadnot. He's committed 3-4 false starts, and is getting beat off the ball just like McKinney.

When you see a Rb constantly running into the back of his own lineman, you gotta blame it on his vision right? :shakeno:

bigbade
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
he missed three weeks of camp

PHANTASTIC 13
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
well then you better start looking at yourself. Because how many more excuses are you going to give for Ronnie's slow ***. Damn the guy looks like he is in slow motion out there. Even when he missed the shuffle pass - he just sat there and looked at the ball instead of jumping on it. He was definitey not worth the 2nd over all pick in the draft.
Yeah, people said that Jerry Rice was too slow and Joe Montana didn't start until his third year in the NFL, I bet you would have given up on them after two games too. WHAT A IDIOT! :fire:

LarryFinFan
09-18-2005, 10:43 PM

IF it turns out that Caddy or Benson are better than Brown, so be it...how many teams passed on Emmit a few years back..those things happen, but if you look at what he did at Auburn, he was the best option for US, for Linehan's offense than any of the other backs...At any rate, the OL took a big step backwards today. They were weak last week in opening holes, but the pass protection was ok...today, there were NO holes and the pass protection was mediocre at best. We have a weak QB, weak OL and a new scheme...it won't come together until all three parts play better...then perhaps we can discuss Brown...

endorPHINS72
09-18-2005, 10:47 PM

Ronnie Brown has a lot of work to do before he can reach the level most people think he can. A lot of rookie running backs started slow. Just look at guys like Garrison Hearst and Duce Staley. They were two very good players that took them a while to adjust to the pros.

I blame the offensive line for more of Brown's running woes than on Brown. If we had a line that could block, this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

DolfanInSoCal
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
IF it turns out that Caddy or Benson are better than Brown, so be it...how many teams passed on Emmit a few years back..those things happen, but if you look at what he did at Auburn, he was the best option for US, for Linehan's offense than any of the other backs...At any rate, the OL took a big step backwards today. They were weak last week in opening holes, but the pass protection was ok...today, there were NO holes and the pass protection was mediocre at best. We have a weak QB, weak OL and a new scheme...it won't come together until all three parts play better...then perhaps we can discuss Brown...:yeahthat:

Ozzy
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
IF it turns out that Caddy or Benson are better than Brown, so be it...how many teams passed on Emmit a few years back..those things happen, but if you look at what he did at Auburn, he was the best option for US, for Linehan's offense than any of the other backs...At any rate, the OL took a big step backwards today. They were weak last week in opening holes, but the pass protection was ok...today, there were NO holes and the pass protection was mediocre at best. We have a weak QB, weak OL and a new scheme...it won't come together until all three parts play better...then perhaps we can discuss Brown...

That's right, so be it. The draft is a crapshoot. I know one thing though, if this keeps up Miami's next draft will be full of lineman picks.

Caddy played against a pretty stout defense today, and he looked excellent. There were some gaping holes for him too. I'll take nothing away from him though, because he was dragging some Lb's on his back plenty of times. BUT Brown's stats would be a lot better behind that line, maybe not better than Caddy's but surely better.

dolphan117
09-18-2005, 10:56 PM
This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back.

:eek: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: Exept for Ricky comming back.

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 11:18 PM
that is the title of the thread, and what we're all arguing against.

I don't think Ronnie is the next Barry Sanders, and i'm not a Ronnie homer. That doesn't mean i can't stand up for the guy when he's unjustly called a "bust".

(and i know you weren't talking to me, but i'm answering this underlying question many are having here about why so many ronnie "sympathizers" are here).

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
"Steeley Dan is not a person, it's a band.... It's not the leaning tower of pizza... We get fringe benefits, not French benefits..." :rofl3:
WE don't get French benefits???

LoL... that is one of my favorite commericals on TV.

DonShula84
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM

You havent seen anything special yet, that is enough to convince me he is a bust. Lets just cut him now, if you havent seen it in 2 games, we never will. :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

Dphins4me
Even when he missed the shuffle pass - he just sat there and looked at the ball instead of jumping on it.
Why would he need to jump on a incomplete pass? Its a pass, not a fumble.

He was definitey not worth the 2nd over all pick in the draft.
You people floor me. In two games you have already determined who is a bust for their whole NFL career.

Relax, this is not a sprint. Miami is still getting into a new offense.

texasPHINSfan
I give up you guys are pathetic. you must be related to Ronnie brown or something! (LOL)
yes, please give up. for that matter, stop posting.

Your blind negativity that isn't substantiated is not welcomed here.

finfansince72
09-18-2005, 11:38 PM
I think it just disturbs people when Caddy comes in and looks like a complete stud while Ronnie is adjusting. Makes people wonder why we picked Ronnie when Caddy was there. Im not saying Ronnie is a bust, but it is frustrating to watch Caddy look like a certain allpro, probaly in his rookie year, while Ronnie is not ready for the NFL yet. Im not overreacting, I think Ronnie has the talent to be great, but I was and am a huge Caddy fan from his college days, Im not shocked he looks great. I thought he was the surest thing in the draft.

PMZQ
09-19-2005, 09:22 AM
uh, no they dont. I'm not going to enter in this debate, but Tampa DOES NOT have a good O-line

Compared to our OL anyone elses is GREAT ! :D

ch19079
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
very few RBs can run without blockers. very few RBs can run agenst 8 in the box.
very few ROOKIES make a great impact their first season.

ask me in 3 years who the fins should have picked. who knows, maybe if the fins took williams, Brown would have been the one running all over the bills. who knows. its to early to place blame, or panic. you cant expect to go undefeated. there are 14 games left. anything can happen.

AquaAssasin
09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
ronnie is a bust as of now he trys to run side to side and not straight ahead look at caddy he runs stright ahead we better pray that miami keeps ricky williams cause ronnie cant carry rickys jock strap

rotflmao...

finjim
09-19-2005, 10:03 AM
I'd like to thank the original poster for forcing me to learn how to work my ignore list.

I filled it up with the number of moronic posts in this thread!

Superself
09-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Too early to say he is a bust.
However, the hype machine has been torn down and I hear there is a quiet recruitment effort for fat women with decent singing voices.

first&goal
09-19-2005, 10:20 AM
you are nothing but a worthless troll who is disupting a thread
You are right on target, i cant agree more with you!

p-double
09-19-2005, 10:25 AM
man it only the secnd game of the season, shut up!!!!, the bucs have a better o-line and they have been playing in that system for years, the playcalling was tight yesterday, the offense rarely tested the secondary at all

kcbrown
09-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Ronnie's style is not that fluid, I think that's why a lot of people say he looks slow. Plus he is not hitting the holes like Ricky (Sammy, veteran, or even Caddy) would - I don't think you have to learn that in camp in the pros to know not to do it - I played running back in Pop Warner (wide reciever D 1-AA) and my coaches killed me for dancing, bottom line, it should be no excuses for that.

Our O-line sucks real bad - not an excuse for Ronnie, but it is what it is. How Seth stays in there when he CONSTANTLY gets pushed back amazes me. Is he married to Saban's daughter or something (a la Snee- Coughlin). Our interior O-line is soft, our tackles are inconsistent. Experienced teams like the Jets should kick our *** this year, I'll be happy with 7-9 or 8-8 though. DRAFT OLINE NEXT YEAR NICKY!

P.S. - We led the league in drops last year and the trend continues - Chambers is not getting it done I'm sorry, cut him? No. But we need to do something at reciever, Chambers/Booker/Boston are making Welker look All-World.

guatemalanfan
10-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I want to see all these idiot fans at the end of the season. I will guarantee Ronnie will not even come close to 1000 yards. Looks like another losing season and no running game.

october 28
yds car avg TD Lng
Cadillac Williams (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/423701) TB (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/TB) 447 99 4.5 2 71
Ronnie Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407235) MIA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/MIA) 438 91 4.8 3 65

Caddy has only 9 more yards than ronnie and Williams has 8 more carries

and ronnie is a bust... huh

byroan
10-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I see why his last post was in this thread. Too ashamed to come back.

painnotpleasure
10-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I see why his last post was in this thread. Too ashamed to come back. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Ohio Fanatic
10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
you took the words right out of my mouth. It sucks being right all the time doesn't it? :)

Oraclepz
10-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I'd like to thank the original poster for forcing me to learn how to work my ignore list.

LOL completely agree

Adam First
10-28-2005, 07:54 PM
I remember this thread.
What a way to jump the gun. :D

Caps
10-28-2005, 07:55 PM
I love it when old threads are brought up to serve crow. I'm sure there are at least 20 other similar "Ronnie's a bust" threads lying around somewhere, if not more.

dolphan north
10-28-2005, 07:56 PM

The only highlight in this thread. :lol:

cnc66
10-28-2005, 08:20 PM
The only highlight in this thread. :lol:

what??? post number 4 said it all !

DoctorFeelgood
10-28-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL @ this entire thread...

FinNasty
10-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Ronnie Brown MIGHT have been a DECENT college back but this isn't Auburn anymore. The game is a completely different tempo and the immature BOY held out of camp and ended up screwing himself in the process. So much for the team first attitude. I can tell you this, when RW comes back the only thing you'll see is Ronnie sitting his big butt on the bench and studying what a true RB can do. If Gus took the snap and fell forward every snap he would be almost as much of a God as Ronnie. Just falling forward the QB just followed the center 1 yard up the field and fell down, he too could be in the positives. Ronnie Brown MIGHT have a chance at being a decent 3rd down back or a fullback but as a feature back...in the BIGS baby you've got to be able to hit the hole.

PS. Noland, when you get on a step ladder and come to my level you can talk to me. Your grammar DON'T meet my expectations.

PPS. I don't think Ronnie Brown could shake Michael J. Fox out of his jock.

PPPS. My dead grandmother was 5'2 210 pounds and she was even able to find a hole before it closed.

PPPPS. I think Chris Burke went undrafted.

PPPPPS. Bobe Dole has a better chance busting through a hole without his pills.

all I can say is wow... Where you at now Sepe34?? :rofl3:

ya gotta love being right... :lol:

srdnaty
10-28-2005, 08:30 PM
your a ******* *** **** ************ use your immagination

Alex13
10-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Ricky needs one more game and Ronnie needs the rest of the year the perfect example of a guy in Ronnie's situation is Eli he did crappy last year and is doing better than his brother this year.

Alex13
10-28-2005, 08:39 PM

are you dumb, running backs nowadays have more roles to play than they did in the past, Ronnie is a complete back and caddy is one third of a back

WestCoastPhins
10-28-2005, 08:48 PM
HAHA I love this thread. Hows that running by caddy now. 4.8 YPC vs ronnies 4.9 YPC. I love it.

Heck if some of these people were GMs of this team we would have traded ronnie for some backup rb in by week 3. Oh and SD would have traded LT for eddie moore cause his first games were great.

Thank you for whoever brought this thread back.

CashInFist
10-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Caddy

RUSHING

YearTeamGGSAttYardsAvgLgTD20+FD2005Tampa Bay Buccaneers44994474.5712520TOTAL44994474.5712520

RECEIVING
YearTeamGGSNoYardsAvgLgTD20+40+FD2005Tampa Bay Buccaneers44362.030000TOTAL44362.030000

H2

RUSHINGYearTeamGGSAttYardsAvgLgTD20+FD2005Miami Dolphins66914384.8653418TOTAL66914384.8653418

RECEIVING
YearTeamGGSNoYardsAvgLgTD20+40+FD2005Miami Dolphins66151026.8380104TOTAL66151026.8380104

Whos the bust Now *****:)

I need my cap'n crunch decoder ring to decipher that.

twohype
10-28-2005, 08:54 PM

Man you were smoking some real bad wacky weed :lol: or maybe you don't know much about real football skills :rofl3:

unifiedtheory
10-28-2005, 09:18 PM
This thread will live forever...in my siggy...at least until someone tops it.

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2005, 09:59 PM
I know I saw Sammy run well.. But Sammy is at least a VETEREN.. You ppl think Ronnie is going to dance like that in every game he plays? He didn't do it in college.. He'll be hitting that line like a ton of bricks soon, you haters &/or trolls just watch..

:chuckle:

chrome4
10-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Pwnage

DolphinDevil28
10-28-2005, 10:01 PM

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh boy....

DOLFANMIKE
10-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Boy does this make you look :goof:

:rofl3:

cltchperf
10-28-2005, 10:14 PM
man you guys have no mercy, do you :rofl3: . but I can't blame you.

unifiedtheory
10-28-2005, 10:34 PM
man you guys have no mercy, do you :rofl3: . but I can't blame you.

This thread deserves no mercy...in my opinion, if you are going to start a thread, as prematurly as this one was started,stating what it says, and then not come back to try to agrue the point you were so convinced was right then you deserve to be reminded of it at every turn.

Phinz4Life
10-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Our line hasnt done much in the running game. I don't blame Ronnie.

:D

I said my peace early got the hell out of the thread. Too ridiculous for me.

fin4life35
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
do you call these stats a bust for a rookie:17th in tye league in rushing, 438 yards on 91 carries with a 4.8 average per run. cmon da real bust is cedric benson.

cltchperf
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Stop with the excuses. Admit he does not look good at all .

it seems to me like Ronnie is tearing it up right now, I never doubted him unlike some people.

cltchperf
10-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcarciero
Where is that speed he is supposed to have?

He has zero quickness. he heads straight for a hole thats not even there.

great analysis, (sarcasm)

fishypete
10-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could say Brown is a bust. Considering the weak play from the O-line and QB....I'm amazed he has done as well as he has.

cltchperf
10-29-2005, 12:29 AM
This thread deserves no mercy...in my opinion, if you are going to start a thread, as prematurly as this one was started,stating what it says, and then not come back to try to agrue the point you were so convinced was right then you deserve to be reminded of it at every turn.

you're right this tread or the person that posted it doesn't deserve mercy, I read more of it, and talk about ignorance. That's not the only post though, the one's I responded too were also rediculous also.

Hasta
10-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Marino had zero yards the first seven games of his career. He was a bust.

HuskerFin
10-29-2005, 01:04 AM
watch the Jets run the ball and you will see a running game. I can't believe we wasted that high of a first round pick on Ronnie Brown. The guy is not even going to get 800 yard this year. We definitely need Ricky back in a hurry.Another great statement! :lol:

Miamifin23
10-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Give him time bro, of the 3 big running backs in the draft, they said Ronnie Brown would probably take the longest to get adapted to the NFL. He is showing great strides very early in his career. I'm not worried one bit about his future.

SuperDuperFan
10-29-2005, 01:13 AM
ronnie is a bust as of now he trys to run side to side and not straight ahead look at caddy he runs stright ahead we better pray that miami keeps ricky williams cause ronnie cant carry rickys jock strap

another good one. lol

TRUDOLFAN54
10-29-2005, 02:12 AM
man you must be crazy we have payed 6 games and he has gotten better every game after missing all of tc.man i don't know what games you have been watching but r.brown is the real deal he was even on jacked up running over that poor cb on his way to a 67yd td.this kid has all the tools great hands great feet awesome speed he is only going to get better as the season goes on and i belive he will win rookie of the year.

fear-the-d
10-29-2005, 07:26 AM

no

aerokev
10-29-2005, 07:28 AM
man you must be crazy we have payed 6 games and he has gotten better every game after missing all of tc.man i don't know what games you have been watching but r.brown is the real deal he was even on jacked up running over that poor cb on his way to a 67yd td.this kid has all the tools great hands great feet awesome speed he is only going to get better as the season goes on and i belive he will win rookie of the year.

brown and caddies stats are almost identical rushing, brown has a little higher YPC, but the receiving yards puts brown well above caddie. most comparisons was when caddie was being run into the ground by gruden 30 plus carries a game, but now that the carries are about even the yards are as well. caddies durability was always a question mark, and i guess the has proven to be true so far.

finswin56
10-29-2005, 07:31 AM
This thread deserves no mercy...in my opinion, if you are going to start a thread, as prematurly as this one was started,stating what it says, and then not come back to try to agrue the point you were so convinced was right then you deserve to be reminded of it at every turn.I'm thinking "sticky"

cnc66
10-29-2005, 07:32 AM

my philosophy also... notice we have like minds...I do not know if that is good or not, but at the least it is satisfying...

Finfanforever
10-29-2005, 08:35 AM
A better offensive line, ANY PASSING GAME, and more of a commitment to the run would make Ronnie look BETTER than Cadillac. I still love the pick.:)

mbmonk
10-29-2005, 10:38 AM
You know what ... I am changing my mind. After looking through this thread I have been convinced that Ronnie is a bust. How can you argue facts like 'a running back need to run not block."? I think its an open and shut case. BUST, BUST, BUST!

...... Oh what.. (leans over and listen to a little birdy)... Ronnies is running over defenders like a mac truck and is dissing out more punishment than the US criminal justice system? He is blocking better than RW with 1 hand tied behind his back? .... Nevermind I am changing my mind about changing my mind.

unifiedtheory
10-29-2005, 01:33 PM
my philosophy also... notice we have like minds...I do not know if that is good or not, but at the least it is satisfying...

I think you need to add this thread to your "list of honor" in your Siggy...:evil:

Dors156
10-29-2005, 02:21 PM
this is the worst thread.Now hes like the best rookie out there

Prime
10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Looks like the guy doesn't have the balls to show his face and admit that he was wrong.

Dors156
10-29-2005, 02:30 PM
the guy who started this thread suks at life:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

DPlus47
10-29-2005, 02:48 PM
i'm really fond of the use of the word "apologists" and the suggestions that ronnie is at best a fullback. the recruitment of fat ladies to sing (presumably for the end of ronnie's career?) was also a highlight. a lot of the people who posted against ronnie in this thread have moved on to other players.

Eric-Honduras
10-31-2005, 10:28 AM
love looking back at all the haters..

mbmonk
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Some of you fans sound like Buffalo fans. (LOL) I love my fins don't get me wrong but I also can tell talent when I see it.

That has to sting the old pride right there. The things we regret ... :rofl3:

bakedmatt
10-31-2005, 11:06 AM
this thread is great. it caught a lot of the usual suspects.

at least almost everyone that frequents the forums was either way on this subject.

LOCAL SCUM!
10-31-2005, 11:12 AM
yea...Ronnie's the man. And if Ricky weren't on the team Ronnie would have ended up with about 160yards.

gofins
10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
This thread is great!!

ILPhinFan88
10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
This thread is great!!

Nice Sig :D

TarHeelFinFan
10-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Haha, wow, some people have some egg on their face now, don't they?

Megatron
12-13-2005, 02:43 AM
well then you better start looking at yourself. Because how many more excuses are you going to give for Ronnie's slow ***. Damn the guy looks like he is in slow motion out there. Even when he missed the shufflepass - he just sat there and looked at the ball instead of jumping on it. He was definitey not worth the 2nd over all pick in the draft.I like this one the most. The fact that Ronnie didn't jump on a dead ball is his major beef in this post. The part in bold emphasises this posters pre-cognative abilities to the fullest. I would think that a possible Rookie of the year nod usually means a good draft choice was made, but maybe that just me.:evil:

rothshunger
12-13-2005, 02:53 AM
i'm kinda partial to these myself

twohype
12-13-2005, 03:00 AM

Oh no :goof: looks like someone likes to smoke crack :lol: , just say no to drugs:shakeno:

Danny
12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm sure we'll have to bring another thread back for Roth too...lots of people already calling him a bust after a few games only...I think he's gonna be a good player for us,

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup