PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown looks like a bust!

Pages : [1] 2

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 04:52 PM
This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back.

finsgonewild
09-18-2005, 04:54 PM
its his second game as a pro and people are already calling him a bust. Give him some time!!!

Prime Time
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
:roflmao: Second game of his career and he is a bust? Not even that..we have not even played a half yet. He could very well break along one and run for 150+ yards...oh please.

cnc66
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back.

and so you just HAD to create a LOSER thread during the game you are weak

3P
09-18-2005, 04:56 PM
:shakeno:

Ricky's 1st game: 10 carries, 40 yards.
Ricky's 2nd game: 22 carries, 80 yards.

Ricky wasn't anything special at first either.

poisonphin
09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
This is the second game I have watched Ronnie and I don't see anything special about this guy as a running back. He is nothing compared to Cadillac. YEs the guy can block and catch but I would rather have a running back run the ball. I can't wait for Ricky to come back.SHUT THE **** UP AND GET THE **** OUT

ITS BEEN 2 GAMES :shakeno:

Goober Bot
09-18-2005, 04:58 PM
This is already his second game! He should be playing like a veteran by now! I can't believe he hasn't had a break-out performance yet, I mean it's already Week 2 for christ sake!

</sarcasm>

jgarMD
09-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Ronnie runs slow and looks fat. Cadillac Williams is certainly showing him up. You can't call him a bust, but you know already he will not be an instant phenom, that is for sure.

PressCoverage

opinion immediately discredited for utter premature ignorance... welcome to ignore lists everywhere...

ny_finfan1966
You guys must be the same idiots that wanted Fielder here for 5 years before you decided he sucked. Unbelievable! We are a one demensional team out there now because we cant' run the ball. He needs to stop his side steping and hit the hole! He is far from Barry Sanders

Prime Time
Whoever posted those stats about Ricky's first two games is wrong. Ricky rushed well over 100 yards in our trampling over the Lions in his first game as a Fin.

Mrcarciero
09-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Where is that speed he is supposed to have?

He has zero quickness. he heads straight for a hole thats not even there.

Patriot
yeah, this thread sucks

PressCoverage
Ronnie runs slow and looks fat. Cadillac Williams is certainly showing him up. You can't call him a bust, but you know already he will not be an instant phenom, that is for sure.

looks fat?

Mrcarciero

Your absolutely right!!!

PressCoverage
09-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Whoever posted those stats about Ricky's first two games is wrong. Ricky rushed well over 100 yards in our trampling over the Lions in his first game as a Fin.

ummm... he played for New Orleans before Miami... did you miss those three seasons?

Muck

He needs work in some areas, absolutely. But it's his second game as a pro. And he missed three weeks of camp. To call him a bust already is just a flawed way to think.

Also, I watched the Bucs game today. Caddy is getting MUCH better blocking.

Mrcarciero
Ronnie brown = Eddie George

Mrcarciero
09-18-2005, 05:02 PM
He needs work in some areas, absolutely. But it's his second game as a pro. And he missed three weeks of camp. To call him a bust already is just a flawed way to think.

Also, I watched the Bucs game today. Caddy is getting MUCH better blocking.

Stop with the excuses. Admit he does not look good at all .

cnc66
09-18-2005, 05:02 PM

first two games....FIRST TWO games

3P
09-18-2005, 05:03 PM

His first game as a Fin he was a 3 year vet. Ronnie is a 1.3 game starter with 2 weeks of preseason to get things together.

finsgonewild
09-18-2005, 05:03 PM
im done for here for a few weeks. I cant stand these stupid threads.

Muck
09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Where is that speed he is supposed to have?

He has zero quickness. he heads straight for a hole thats not even there.

That has nothing to do with speed or quickness.

That's instinct, vision, and adjustment to NFL game speed.

poisonphin
09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Stop with the excuses. Admit he does not look good at all .http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/09/gtfo-1.gif

Muck
09-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Did you even read my post?? I said he needs work in some areas. :rolleyes:

Don't respond if you're not gonna bother to read.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 05:08 PM
watch the Jets run the ball and you will see a running game. I can't believe we wasted that high of a first round pick on Ronnie Brown. The guy is not even going to get 800 yard this year. We definitely need Ricky back in a hurry.

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't think Ronnie Brown will be a bust---I think he will eventually be a very good back. But I DO think we drafted the wrong back. Cadillac Williams has moves and speed that Brown simply doesn't have.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:12 PM
This is already his second game! He should be playing like a veteran by now! I can't believe he hasn't had a break-out performance yet, I mean it's already Week 2 for christ sake!

</sarcasm>

yea, i mean jeez, he should be hall of fame first ballot! He should be the first ACTIVE player to make the hall.........(also sarcasm)

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
ronnie brown looks fine - our o-line looks like a bust!

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
It always kills me that some of these dolphin fans are in denial! (LOL) If you watch Ronnie Brown run the ball you can tell he is not the best back that was in the draft. Some people need to wake up and watch the game. We are going to lose a ton of games until we show teams we can run the ball.

unifiedtheory
09-18-2005, 05:14 PM

I would get banned for a month if I gave my true opinion of your player evaluation skills....you don't call a guy a bust after 5 quarters of professional football.

touborg
09-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Congratulations, this may be the dumbest thread today.

FinsForLife007
09-18-2005, 05:15 PM

You people are so predictable.

poisonphin
09-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Lock this **** PLEASE!!

Dphins4me
09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Nope, no instant gradification here.

An NFL career is a marathon not a sprint. Cadillac is a better runner, but the question about whether or not he can handle 20-25 carries for 16 games over several years is still there.

Buddwalk
09-18-2005, 05:17 PM
You should be banned for even speaking like that...Im serious the kids not a bust our offensive line just sucks ok...you can plug any running back in the nfl and there not gonna get the same yards

jason_taylor
ronnie is a bust as of now he trys to run side to side and not straight ahead look at caddy he runs stright ahead we better pray that miami keeps ricky williams cause ronnie cant carry rickys jock strap

ny_finfan1966
I want to see all these idiot fans at the end of the season. I will guarantee Ronnie will not even come close to 1000 yards. Looks like another losing season and no running game.

Muck
I don't think Ronnie Brown will be a bust---I think he will eventually be a very good back. But I DO think we drafted the wrong back. Cadillac Williams has moves and speed that Brown simply doesn't have.

I partially agree. I think Ronnie is quicker and faster than Caddy. But Caddy easily has the better vision and instincts.

FinsForLife007
09-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I would get banned for a month if I gave my true opinion of your player evaluation skills....you don't call a guy a bust after 5 quarters of professional football.

Unless you're mentally unstable.

Noland
09-18-2005, 05:20 PM

I havent seen Carnell do anything great. Yes hes got the yards and few tds and speed but he has run through holes as big as mac trucks. Miami dont have good run blocking TB does. Calling a rookie a bust in 1 1/2 games is expecting a little to muchIMO.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:21 PM
It always kills me that some of these dolphin fans are in denial! (LOL) If you watch Ronnie Brown run the ball you can tell he is not the best back that was in the draft. Some people need to wake up and watch the game. We are going to lose a ton of games until we show teams we can run the ball.

I am definately not one that said he was the best, I wanted Cedric 1st, Caddy 2nd, THEN Ronnie, that was my order, but the fact is, we have Ronnie, he is our back, I have accepted it, and welcomed it, he is still a good back, there isn't a SUPER crazy difference between the three, and there is no use saying how good Caddy or anyone else we didn't draft is because it doesn't change who we drafted or how they play. While Ronnie may not be the "super" back everyone expected YET, it doesn't mean anything, its a game and a quarter into his career, RELAX, he also missed pretty much all of camp and preseason. He is still feeling stuff out, plus he is a rookie, PLUS he has NO OFFENSIVE LINE. I for one never expected him to come in and have 16 100yd games, especially after how long it took him to sign and get in camp. He has great potential, and all we can do is relax and let him devolpe naturally and wait. I don';t wanna lose today, but it's not college football, one loss doesn;t stop us from a chance at the title.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Ronnie Brown is getting like 2 yards a pop but Sammy Morris is getting 5 yards a pop. how much more proof do you people need that say it is our offensive line! (LOL)

Disgustipate
09-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Ronnie Brown is getting like 2 yards a pop but Sammy Morris is getting 5 yards a pop. how much more proof do you people need that say it is our offensive line! (LOL)

Sammy Morris has carried the ball twice this season.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 05:24 PM
To all the people that keep saying it is our offensive line. Let me remind you that our line sucked before Ricky got here. I guess you forgot that our line sucked before. I think a good running back makes your offensive line good. When Ricky arrived then we started running the ball good with the same sorry offensive line that couldn't get 1 yard rushing before. So figure it out!

Dphins4me
09-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Ronnie got 7 on his 1st carry. Looks like he out did Morris on 1st carries.

Buddwalk
09-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Amen to that stick it to em man :D

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:30 PM
To all the people that keep saying it is our offensive line. Let me remind you that our line sucked before Ricky got here. I guess you forgot that our line sucked before. I think a good running back makes your offensive line good. When Ricky arrived then we started running the ball good with the same sorry offensive line that couldn't get 1 yard rushing before. So figure it out!

Again, you seem to be on Ricky's nuts, WHY? Tell me what he did so great in New Orleans? NOTHING, he looked like a pretty big bust there huh? Then look what happened, he went to a place (us) got comfortable, and tore sh*t up. I have said it before and I'll say it again, GIVE HIM TIME. OK, so Ricky can run with a crap line, he is a VETERAN PLAYER, Ronnie is a rookie that has had no camp, no preason, and played a total of ONE NFL game, R E L A X. I didn't say it's ALL the o-line's fault, but they are part of it.

3P
09-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Lamar had 968 yards in '01, 1139 in '00, and KAJ had 960 in '99. We're talking Lamar Freaking Smith, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Also, Ricky was a 3 year vet with a full offseason with the team. Ronnie is a rookie with 2 weeks of TC.

What's that have to do with anything?

Phinz4Life
09-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Our line hasnt done much in the running game. I don't blame Ronnie.

Noland
09-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Ricky did have a decent line his first 3 years with fins you seen how his #'s were his last year in Miami 1300 and some yards compared to 1800 and some yards the year before. Ronnie is a rookie if people expect him to get 150 yard a game your asking to much. If he does it great if he dont he will in time.

FanMarino
09-18-2005, 05:34 PM
This post makes me laugh, talk about being a negative vibe merchant. Overreacting panic jockey methinks.

Agua
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
What a stupid-assed thread. Reap what you sew.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Some of you fans sound like Buffalo fans. (LOL) I love my fins don't get me wrong but I also can tell talent when I see it. I bet most of these fans loved it when Wanny was here to. They were the ones that kept saying give Wanny and Fielder one more year! (LOL) I guess they need another 5 years before they wake up about Ronnie Brown!

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I want to see all these idiot fans at the end of the season. I will guarantee Ronnie will not even come close to 1000 yards. Looks like another losing season and no running game.

Who is saying he will get 1000 yds? Just cuz a RB doesn't have 1000yds, ESPECIALLY a rookie, doesn't me they are a bust? You obviously are clueless when it comes to football to talk like you are, and have obviously never played the game, or the position, or you'd understand a lot better. Just because he doesn't get 1000yds does NOT mean he is a bust, nor does it mean all the fans who are arguing that he isn't a bust are idiots. Even if he doesn't get as many yards as caddy doesn't mean Caddy is better. Look at Denver, they ALWAYS have crazy RBs, but what happens when they leave? RBs not only have to rely on their skills but the skills of their teammates, just like every other position on the field. I don't care HOW good a RB is, if the line doesn't block, he can't juke 11 guys. So what, Ricky got yds with a sh*t o-line (that wasn't as sh*tty as you claim), he was also in the league way longer and he had his problem years when he first entered, so CHILL. I can't wait to see YOU at the end of the season, so we can all call you an idiot for jumping the gun. I won't garuntee Rookie of the year for Ronnie, or 1000yds or even that he WON'T be a bust, but I will garuntee that I'm not gonna come in here and make stupid posts about a player being a bust after playing in just 6 quarters of professional football, and not having much blocking help.

Noland
09-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Some of you fans sound like Buffalo fans. (LOL) I love my fins don't get me wrong but I also can tell talent when I see it. I bet most of these fans loved it when Wanny was here to. They were the ones that kept saying give Wanny and Fielder one more year! (LOL) I guess they need another 5 years before they wake up about Ronnie Brown!

Dam you should be a scout you can tell talent in 1 1/2 games.

3P

You're right. 1.5 games is sooooo close to 5 years. Heck, it's almost a full year anyway. 1/16 of a year is a perfect indication of his talent. I predict he finishes the year with less that 100 yards rushing. Cut his sorry but!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneonetyleven!0

Disgustipate
This is a really irredeemably dumb thread at this point.

Notice that Brown is basically getting either no yardage or 5+ yards per carry. Go look at his performance vs. the Broncos, and look at it so far vs. the Jets. There are very few carries which dont fit into these categories.

The people who have the slightest bit of a clue about these kind of things should be able to put two and two together... He's got good upside. He just needs to be less tenative hitting the hole, and the O-line needs to improve.

phinking
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Ricky wasn't anything special at first either. But he was averaging over 2.5 yards a carry.

ROSCO P.C. JR
well i hate to rain on everybodys parade here but ronnie isnt the problem its the whole team playing flat. the oline is showing its ugly head again our wrs are doing nothing , so i dont think you can just balme ronnie without blaming the guilty party . I wished we had drafted morency because he alraedy has close to 400 yrds rushing and he is currently the back up. and not drafting a wide receiver may have been a mistake . nevertheless nick needs to light a fire under the offense.

SuperDuperFan
These people are ridiculous. They were probably calling marino a bust in the preseason of his rookie year. I wont even respond anymore. I just hope they come back and admit they are wrong when ronnie picks it up.

kastofsna120
watch the Jets run the ball and you will see a running game. I can't believe we wasted that high of a first round pick on Ronnie Brown. The guy is not even going to get 800 yard this year. We definitely need Ricky back in a hurry.
you're 39 and you know as much about football as a 13 year old. compare miami and new york's offensive lines. not even close

_dan24
09-18-2005, 05:42 PM

As a rookie man...

ewop1
It's not like we have the greatest line either, he has to get used to the NFL.
He will soon realize that he cannot dance here this is not Auburn

Dors156
hes gotta at least play alot better than he is.Hes a 2nd overall pick for cryin out loud.

FanMarino
09-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Who is saying he will get 1000 yds? Just cuz a RB doesn't have 1000yds, ESPECIALLY a rookie, doesn't me they are a bust? You obviously are clueless when it comes to football to talk like you are, and have obviously never played the game, or the position, or you'd understand a lot better. Just because he doesn't get 1000yds does NOT mean he is a bust, nor does it mean all the fans who are arguing that he isn't a bust are idiots. Even if he doesn't get as many yards as caddy doesn't mean Caddy is better. Look at Denver, they ALWAYS have crazy RBs, but what happens when they leave? RBs not only have to rely on their skills but the skills of their teammates, just like every other position on the field. I don't care HOW good a RB is, if the line doesn't block, he can't juke 11 guys. So what, Ricky got yds with a sh*t o-line (that wasn't as sh*tty as you claim), he was also in the league way longer and he had his problem years when he first entered, so CHILL. I can't wait to see YOU at the end of the season, so we can all call you an idiot for jumping the gun. I won't garuntee Rookie of the year for Ronnie, or 1000yds or even that he WON'T be a bust, but I will garuntee that I'm not gonna come in here and make stupid posts about a player being a bust after playing in just 6 quarters of professional football, and not having much blocking help.
:yeahthat:

HybridPHIN 23
09-18-2005, 05:43 PM
threads like this started and will populate the VIP club.

Buddwalk
09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
You're right. 1.5 games is sooooo close to 5 years. Heck, it's almost a full year anyway. 1/16 of a year is a perfect indication of his talent. I predict he finishes the year with less that 100 yards rushing. Cut his sorry but!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneonetyleven!0

:D :D :D

MikeO
He's not a bust (yet) but we need Ricky!

Muck

Wow. You should be working for the Phins. You're already one up on Saban here.

Here's another one of your gems. Apparently, Saban = Wanny. :up:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1161104#post1161104

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:46 PM
This is a really irredeemably dumb thread at this point.

Notice that Brown is basically getting either no yardage or 5+ yards per carry. Go look at his performance vs. the Broncos, and look at it so far vs. the Jets. There are very few carries which dont fit into these categories.

The people who have the slightest bit of a clue about these kind of things should be able to put two and two together... He's got good upside. He just needs to be less tenative hitting the hole, and the O-line needs to improve.

yea that, now close the thread, lol, before anymore scouting reports from the people who can "tell talent when they see it" are posted

wazzy

Your opinion is going to be taken a lot less serious by many people around here now. Bad thread man:(

SuperDuperFan

Here's another one of your gems. Apparently, Saban = Wanny.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/s...104#post1161104

Haha nice job. I can see this guy is right when he says he knows talent when he sees this. We got daniels in the 4th round and he is starting for us.

finsfan4life
09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
hes gotta at least play alot better than he is.Hes a 2nd overall pick for cryin out loud.

How's the first overall pick doing?

SuperMarksBros.
he's talking about ricky's 1st games in the league, not as a dolphin

SWS84
IMO, it's way to early to call him a bust. Ronnie not getting to camp on time really hurt him and in turn it is hurting us. He needs to get used to the speed of the NFL and our OL. We need to be patient because it's gonna take him a while to get adjusted.

laxcoach
09-18-2005, 05:48 PM
The immediate future, after RW comes back, is Ricky at RB and Ronnie playing a hybrid RB/FB.

I think that is what he did in Auburn, but I'm going from 2nd hand knowledge. Ricky has the instincts to make the runs (right now) that Ronnie doesn't. Ronnie looks like a plodder compared to the elite backs like LT, RW, PH, etc.

I'm not willing to call Ronnie a bust. But, I think that the running game would be better if Ricky wasn't suspended.

I hope that they manage to get Ricky under a longer term contract, cheap, using the $8.6M as leverage. That is one hell of a combo in the backfield.

3P
09-18-2005, 05:49 PM

:woot:

Disgustipate
I just went and checked...

Ronnie Brown has 8 carries of 5+ yards with the Dolphins in a game and a half, out of 29 total carries.

That's NFL upside. You dont see players who dont belong in the NFL making runs like that. When the blocking is bad, he doesnt know how to get that 2-3 yards consistantly. When it's good, he knows what to do.

sepe34
you've got to be kidding me...Ronnie Brown was NOTHING more than a career backup/relief back. my dead grandmother could rush for more yards than him. I mean Gus isn't being harrassed too much and Ronnie can't find a hole? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. If I was Saban, I'd be foaming at the mouth for week 6 and RW. Maybe the dolphins could trade Ronnie "Hardly Ever Good Enough To Be a Bust" Brown for I dunno...Joey Harrington or maybe a waterhead ****** with a gimpy leg. I said this draft day and I stand by it...nothing more than a relief back with decent hands in the 1st round? Can you say...C. Williams over Ronnie Brown? There was a reason for the depth chart at Auburn. Seriously...you've got to be kidding me. THE JETS? This would be like losing to the G.D. Browns or 49ers. Caddy has like 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDS...you've got to be kidding me. Hit the showers kid...you were done before you started.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:51 PM
The immediate future, after RW comes back, is Ricky at RB and Ronnie playing a hybrid RB/FB.

I think that is what he did in Auburn, but I'm going from 2nd hand knowledge. Ricky has the instincts to make the runs (right now) that Ronnie doesn't. Ronnie looks like a plodder compared to the elite backs like LT, RW, PH, etc.

I'm not willing to call Ronnie a bust. But, I think that the running game would be better if Ricky wasn't suspended.

I hope that they manage to get Ricky under a longer term contract, cheap, using the $8.6M as leverage. That is one hell of a combo in the backfield.

I think not only the team but Ronnie will benifit from ricky's comeback. I was skeptical at first, but as Ricky got progressively better in each preseason game i gained my confidence back in him. I think ricky has the knowledge of the game and the immediate ability to run the ball more successfully behind our line than Ronnie does AT THIS POINT, so I think having Ricky start and Ronnie play in 2 back sets will help Ronnie adjust at his own pace while still allowing us to have a legit running game. Ronnie will be able to get used to the line and the game pace and everything without knowing that the load is ALL on his shoulders, it will take a lot of pressure off and allow him to develope as he should, and makeup for lost camp/preseason game time.

Awsi Dooger
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
If we get a solid run blocking offensive line Ronnie will do fine. He will never be as good as Caddy. I know I've posted this many times before, but a 5th year senior RB makes absolutely zero sense as the 2nd pick in any NFL draft. The media should have pounded that into Saban's mindset for months. If Ronnie were great enough to be the 2nd pick he doesn't last five years to begin with, entering the NFL at nearly 24 years old in a short career position like RB. Just imagine Reggie Bush sharing time with ANYBODY, or waiting 5 years in college without fans and media being startled he was redshirted or didn't turn pro early. That's beyond Monty Python. Versatility took on too much of a priority.

Meanwhile, a few posters here have apologized for Rick Spielman by crediting him for our entire offensive line. Unfortunately, that's remarkably accurate. Those are his players and simply not athletic enough. I'm sitting here charting games and watching offensive lines throughout the league. Ours may be the least athletic and explosive of the bunch. The Hudson Houck acquisition was hopelessly overblown. Myself and others posted that here often. He had the likes of Allen, Williams, Stepnoski, Tuinei and Newton in Dallas while forging his reputation. Then a freak back like Tomlinson at SD. Houck can improve our pass blocking because that's simply technique and smarts. Run blocking requires athletic explosion.

Ronnie is dancing too much right now because he's not a naturally instinctive runner and without holes he thinks too much. Once we acquire better talent on the OL and there are decent lanes he will (hopefully) become the downhill power runner who should have a very solid 6 or 8 year career. Ricky is the much more decisive and instinctive back and should make an immediate impact upon his return.

Noodle Arm
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
:lol: this thread is hilarious

you've got to be kidding me...Ronnie Brown was NOTHING more than a career backup/relief back. my dead grandmother could rush for more yards than him. I mean Gus isn't being harrassed too much and Ronnie can't find a hole? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. If I was Saban, I'd be foaming at the mouth for week 6 and RW. Maybe the dolphins could trade Ronnie "Hardly Ever Good Enough To Be a Bust" Brown for I dunno...Joey Harrington or maybe a waterhead ****** with a gimpy leg. I said this draft day and I stand by it...nothing more than a relief back with decent hands in the 1st round? Can you say...C. Williams over Ronnie Brown? There was a reason for the depth chart at Auburn. Seriously...you've got to be kidding me. THE JETS? This would be like losing to the G.D. Browns or 49ers. Caddy has like 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDS...you've got to be kidding me. Hit the showers kid...you were done before you started.

As is this post. I guess the special olympics let out early today. :rofl3:

SuperDuperFan
09-18-2005, 05:53 PM

You wasted your first post on that?

Noland
09-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Can you say give it time our line sucks canyou say that Carnell runs through holes big enough for 18 wheelers to drive through. Give Ronnie a hole like that give Dan Marino a hole like that he could get 15 yards atleast Can you say 1 1/2 games. This is crazy saying a rookie is done before he starts because he dont meet everybodys expectations.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 05:58 PM
If we get a solid run blocking offensive line Ronnie will do fine. He will never be as good as Caddy. I know I've posted this many times before, but a 5th year senior RB makes absolutely zero sense as the 2nd pick in any NFL draft. The media should have pounded that into Saban's mindset for months. If Ronnie were great enough to be the 2nd pick he doesn't last five years to begin with, entering the NFL at nearly 24 years old in a short career position like RB. Just imagine Reggie Bush sharing time with ANYBODY, or waiting 5 years in college without fans and media being startled he was redshirted or didn't turn pro early. That's beyond Monty Python. Versatility took on too much of a priority.

Meanwhile, a few posters here have apologized for Rick Spielman by crediting him for our entire offensive line. Unfortunately, that's remarkably accurate. Those are his players and simply not athletic enough. I'm sitting here charting games and watching offensive lines throughout the league. Ours may be the least athletic and explosive of the bunch. The Hudson Houck acquisition was hopelessly overblown. Myself and others posted that here often. He had the likes of Allen, Williams, Stepnoski, Tuinei and Newton in Dallas while forging his reputation. Then a freak back like Tomlinson at SD. Houck can improve our pass blocking because that's simply technique and smarts. Run blocking requires athletic explosion.

Ronnie is dancing too much right now because he's not a naturally instinctive runner and without holes he thinks too much. Once we acquire better talent on the OL and there are decent lanes he will (hopefully) become the downhill power runner who should have a very solid 6 or 8 year career. Ricky is the much more decisive and instinctive back and should make an immediate impact upon his return.

Reggie Bush DOES split time, with Lyndell White. While you do make good points, the fact remains that we DID draft Ronnie, so we need to deal with the situation we have, maybe Caddy coul've done better, maybe not, he isn't in our system so we won't know. Its always easy to take the stance that "well this guy has more yds, TDs, etc etc than the guy we drafted before him" but its a different system and different personnel, we may THINK we know what Caddy would do if we took him, but we don't REALLY know. I think everyone just needs to relax and wait it out. I personally didn't expect Ronnie to be our saviour, or for us to have some super turn around season. I expect us to get more than 4 wins, but I'm not expecting a SB victory or anything. Anything over 4 wins is an improvement and that will make me happy, it means we're progressing.

DOLFANMIKE
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
:rofl3:

Are you kidding? After two NFL games? LOL! That's so goofy and so typical of today's "I want it right now" mentality.

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I will look for all you idiots at the end of the season! Thats all I will say right now. Ronnie is in slow motion out there. He can't even jump on a fumble without doing that in slow motion either! (LOL) But I guess the commentator doesn't know anything either because he said it too. (LOL)

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Tell me where I've been mistaken? Who was available when the Phins picked? Tell me exactly what Ronnie Brown is doing that is really good? Is it hitting holes? Before the draft I knew who I didn't want to see dressed in a Phins uni and 2 of those players were Brown and Benson. I wanted C. Williams and tell me who the better of the 3 are. If you can tell me why Brown was 2nd on the depth chart at Auburn I will edit my post and go along with Brown being a hero. If you ask me, people are putting way too much on an immature kid's shoulders. As for the special Olympics comment, of course it was a cakewalk and let out early today...Ronnie Brown had a game to embarrass himself in today so there wasn't much competition.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I will look for all you idiots at the end of the season! Thats all I will say right now. Ronnie is in slow motion out there. He can't even jump on a fumble without doing that in slow motion either! (LOL) But I guess the commentator doesn't know anything either because he said it too. (LOL)

HE IS A ROOKIE WITH NO CAMP, NO PRESEASON, AND ONE GAME EXPERIENCE, christ morons make me so angry. I will risk a warning from the mods or whatever, you sir, are a RET@RD

3P
09-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Heh... he got laughed out of the place.

unifiedtheory
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM

Nice find Muck...this guy seems to throw the "idiot" word around a lot...I guess you know what you know.

At the rate this forum is going I'm gonna have as many Dol-phans on ignore as I have Bills fans....such is the pity.

Prime
09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
You can't call a rookie a bust just yet. It seems like it's gonna take Brown a while to play good. Ricky will need to start when he returns.

Noland
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM

That is real nice to call someone an idiot. Who is the idiot that started a post about a rookie calling him a bust that has played 1 1/2 games that is alittle more idiotic. I guess Saban didnt know what he was talking about on draft day. :rolleyes:

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 06:10 PM
its his second game as a pro and people are already calling him a bust. Give him some time!!!

Second pick in the draft! Cmon...how much time does he need? Ronnie should have had an instant impact...can't wait until Ricky returns.

Awsi Dooger
09-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Reggie Bush DOES split time, with Lyndell White. While you do make good points, the fact remains that we DID draft Ronnie, so we need to deal with the situation we have, maybe Caddy coul've done better, maybe not, he isn't in our system so we won't know. Its always easy to take the stance that "well this guy has more yds, TDs, etc etc than the guy we drafted before him" but its a different system and different personnel, we may THINK we know what Caddy would do if we took him, but we don't REALLY know. I think everyone just needs to relax and wait it out. I personally didn't expect Ronnie to be our saviour, or for us to have some super turn around season. I expect us to get more than 4 wins, but I'm not expecting a SB victory or anything. Anything over 4 wins is an improvement and that will make me happy, it means we're progressing.

Yeah, you sort of got me there regarding Lyndell White. Talk about a wealth of talent. 'SC splits Bush outside frequently or in the slot with White also on the field. The 3rd string tailback look slippery and great also. I think his name is Bell. But it's not like Bush redshirted his freshman year and only took the field the following year once another player got hurt. He was a superstar from day one on campus. That was my main point regarding Ronnie.

The two types of individuals I tend not to get carried away with are late bloomers and overachievers. They are admirable but have built-in limitations, IMO. That's in any walk of life. Give me pure day-one talent.

I never like the philosophy of drafting for a system. Pick the best player and everything tends to work out in your favor.

Disgustipate
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Second pick in the draft! Cmon...how much time does he need? Ronnie should have had an instant impact...can't wait until Ricky returns.

Some top 10 picks take time. Have you ever by any chance actually paid attention to NFL draft picks before?

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you sort of got me there regarding Lyndell White. Talk about a wealth of talent. 'SC splits Bush outside frequently or in the slot with White also on the field. The 3rd string tailback look slippery and great also. I think his name is Bell. But it's not like Bush redshirted his freshman year and only took the field the following year once another player got hurt. He was a superstar from day one on campus. That was my main point regarding Ronnie.

The two types of individuals I tend not to get carried away with are late bloomers and overachievers. They are admirable but have built-in limitations, IMO. That's in any walk of life. Give me pure day-one talent.

I never like the philosophy of drafting for a system. Pick the best player and everything tends to work out in your favor.
funny how you use reggie bush as an example, considering lendale white is a better runningback

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 06:12 PM

That's better than a lot of veterans.

KTOWNFINFAN
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
opinion immediately discredited for utter premature ignorance... welcome to ignore lists everywhere...

utter premature ignorance??? No your the one without a clue. He is exactly right.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Some top 10 picks take time. Have you ever by any chance actually paid attention to NFL draft picks before?

They are usually drafted to develop behind a veteran. Ronnie was not the case....

Awsi Dooger
09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
funny how you use reggie bush as an example, considering lendale white is a better runningback

Ha! Now there's a bet you wouldn't want to make. One is Gale Sayers and the other is a very nice player. I'm a USC alum. No one in our program pretends they are equal or anywhere close. Neither will NFL scouts.

Don't pay attention to some of the high profile posters here, the ones who spew nonsense like Reggie Bush isn't durable enough for RB and will be a pro WR. Those are the same guys who didn't believe Cadillac was more instinctive or a better pure RB than Ronnie, despite years of evidence.

Agent51
09-18-2005, 06:19 PM

Well with regards to Ronnie and Cadd splitting time, they split time because they were both talented backs. He may have gotten his shot when Caddy went down, but if he was only good enough to cover for Caddy, then Caddy would've went back to full time starter when he was healthy again, but they split time from then on. They are both great backs, both have upsides that parrallel the others downsides. They have different styles. You make good points but I still say it is WAY to early to say Ronnie is a bust, or even that we made the wrong choice.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Ronnie Brown MIGHT have been a DECENT college back but this isn't Auburn anymore. The game is a completely different tempo and the immature BOY held out of camp and ended up screwing himself in the process. So much for the team first attitude. I can tell you this, when RW comes back the only thing you'll see is Ronnie sitting his big butt on the bench and studying what a true RB can do. If Gus took the snap and fell forward every snap he would be almost as much of a God as Ronnie. Just falling forward the QB just followed the center 1 yard up the field and fell down, he too could be in the positives. Ronnie Brown MIGHT have a chance at being a decent 3rd down back or a fullback but as a feature back...in the BIGS baby you've got to be able to hit the hole.

PS. Noland, when you get on a step ladder and come to my level you can talk to me. Your grammar DON'T meet my expectations.

PPS. I don't think Ronnie Brown could shake Michael J. Fox out of his jock.

PPPS. My dead grandmother was 5'2 210 pounds and she was even able to find a hole before it closed.

PPPPS. I think Chris Burke went undrafted.

PPPPPS. Bobe Dole has a better chance busting through a hole without his pills.

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Ha! Now there's a bet you wouldn't want to make. One is Gale Sayers and the other is a very nice player. I'm a USC alum. No one in our program pretends they are equal or anywhere close. Neither will NFL scouts.

Don't pay attention to some of the high profile posters here, the ones who spew nonsense like Reggie Bush isn't durable enough for RB and will be a pro WR. Those are the same guys who didn't believe Cadillac was more instinctive or a better pure RB than Ronnie, despite years of evidence.
ooooh, you graduated from USC, so you know more about their players than me. my bad....

both will be be busts, so whatever

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Ronnie Brown MIGHT have been a DECENT college back but this isn't Auburn anymore. The game is a completely different tempo and the immature BOY held out of camp and ended up screwing himself in the process. So much for the team first attitude. I can tell you this, when RW comes back the only thing you'll see is Ronnie sitting his big butt on the bench and studying what a true RB can do. If Gus took the snap and fell forward every snap he would be almost as much of a God as Ronnie. Just falling forward the QB just followed the center 1 yard up the field and fell down, he too could be in the positives. Ronnie Brown MIGHT have a chance at being a decent 3rd down back or a fullback but as a feature back...in the BIGS baby you've got to be able to hit the hole.

PS. Noland, when you get on a step ladder and come to my level you can talk to me. Your grammar DON'T meet my expectations.

PPS. I don't think Ronnie Brown could shake Michael J. Fox out of his jock.

PPPS. My dead grandmother was 5'2 210 pounds and she was even able to find a hole before it closed.

PPPPS. I think Chris Burke went undrafted.

PPPPPS. Bobe Dole has a better chance busting through a hole without his pills.
pretty amusing post, although not in the way you intended. funny how you call brown immature and question his "team first" mentality, then praise ricky williams in the next sentence :lol:. oh well, you're an idiot

Agent51
09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
pretty amusing post, although not in the way you intended. funny how you call brown immature and question his "team first" mentality, then praise ricky williams in the next sentence :lol:. oh well, you're an idiot

ZING!!!! lollol, nice comeback, that Ricky dig was classic, maybe he'll shut up now.

Disgustipate
09-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Hurrr Ronnie Brown sucks.

Awsi Dooger
09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
ooooh, you graduated from USC, so you know more about their players than me. my bad....

both will be be busts, so whatever

It's great to see the anti-USC posts popping up again. For maybe a decade they were absent. I wonder why?

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
It's great to see the anti-USC posts popping up again. For maybe a decade they were absent. I wonder why?
anti-USC? ooooookay......

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Which one of the backs has more of a team first attitude at the moment? RW IS a better back and is VERY happy just to play football. He knows who the better of the backs is and is willing to sit 2nd string and let the high dollar, average at best back do his thing. Look at college stats and tell me which of the two was better. Look at their preseasons and first 2 games in their rookie seasons and tell me which is better.

PS. If Ronnie Brown was any less effective he could be the head of FEMA.

PPS. Is Ronnie related to Michael Brown?

PPPS. Stevie Wonder would have an easier time seeing the hole than Ronnie has had.

PPPPS. The way it looks, Ronnie Brown will be on the christmas card list of the Jets front office. He is making their run-d look amazing.

PPPPPS. Watch out defenses of the league, our feature back fully intends on making the top 40 list for rushing this week.

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Which one of the backs has more of a team first attitude at the moment? RW IS a better back and is VERY happy just to play football. He knows who the better of the backs is and is willing to sit 2nd string and let the high dollar, average at best back do his thing. Look at college stats and tell me which of the two was better. Look at their preseasons and first 2 games in their rookie seasons and tell me which is better.

PPPS. Stevie Wonder would have an easier time seeing the hole than Ronnie has had.

PPPPS. The way it looks, Ronnie Brown will be on the christmas card list of the Jets front office. He is making their run-d look amazing.

PPPPPS. Watch out defenses of the league, our feature back fully intends on making the top 40 list for rushing this week.
why haven't you made a terry schiavo joke yet? my god you're a comedic genius and you're letting me down! :shakeno:

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Terri Schiavo would be in bad taste BUT I do see more life in Thomas Herrion's game than what Ronnie has shown since his Auburn days.

Awsi Dooger
09-18-2005, 06:38 PM
anti-USC? ooooookay......

I couldn't interpret Reggie Bush and Lyndell White each being busts as anything but a blind knock on everything USC. I was actually trying to give you some credit, because otherwise the handicapping is obscene. It's like the posters who name themselves PatsSuck. That's undersandable tunnelvision homerism. If they try to make an actual case that the team or Brady isn't any good, then the looney bin awaits. Pick your destination.

cnc66
09-18-2005, 06:39 PM

you are nothing but a worthless troll who is disupting a thread

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I couldn't interpret Reggie Bush and Lyndell White each being busts as anything but a blind knock on everything USC. I was actually trying to give you some credit, because otherwise the handicapping is obscene. It's like the posters who name themselves PatsSuck. That's undersandable tunnelvision homerism. If they try to make an actual case that the team or Brady isn't any good, then the looney bin awaits. Pick your destination.
your interpretation is wrong. white and bush both benefit greatly from the talent around them. neither have done anything to make them look like NFL backs. leinart is the top QB in the draft so far, justice is one of the top tackles, jarrett will be great, steve smith will be great. i don't like USC, but i'm not anti-USC when doing my own personal scouting

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I am hardly a worthless troll. This thread is about how Ronnie Brown is a bust and I've made some valid points. Please refrain from the attacks. Have you not read the TOS? I do NOT like the tone of your post. With 2,700 posts in under a year, you would think that you SHOULD know that you're not suppose to make personal attacks. Thank you.

PS. Ronnie Brown is looking like a worthless troll disRupting the Miami Dolphins offense.

PPS. Look at the thread title, bucko.

PPPS. This is for kastofsna120. Even if all the protestors stepped out of the way, Ronnie Brown still wouldn't be able to touch Terri Schiavo.

PPPPS. Maybe Jeb will request they do an autopsy on Ronnie Brown's running game.

PPPPPS. Ronnie Brown is looking so bad I highly doubt Jesse Jackson nor the Rev. Al Sharpton would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

FIN-IN-RI
09-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I am hardly a worthless troll. .

Yes. You are.

touborg
09-18-2005, 06:49 PM
This thread is killing me. If you declare someone a bust after game two, you know absolutely nothing about football.

FIN-IN-RI
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
This thread is killing me. If you declare someone a bust after game two, you know absolutely nothing about football.

Correct.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
You're right, I'm a troll. I've been lying the entire time. I think Ronnie Brown's career will go far. Maybe even as far as NFLe, that is if he doesn't land in the CFL or an arena near you. If all you can do is sit there calling me a troll and not dispute what I've said than son, you are NOT on my level. Find a ladder, 10 foot not a step, and come back.

Baxter
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
This is so dumb. its only two games moron.

Noland
09-18-2005, 06:54 PM
You're right, I'm a troll. I've been lying the entire time. I think Ronnie Brown's career will go far. Maybe even as far as NFLe, that is if he doesn't land in the CFL or an arena near you. If all you can do is sit there calling me a troll and not dispute what I've said than son, you are NOT on my level. Find a ladder, 10 foot not a step, and come back.

You dont like Brown so you come up with anything to prove your point Kiper have Brown a top 5 pick in the draft and so did other people so he must have been good enough and for you or anybody to call any rookie player a bust in 2 games is crazy.

kastofsna120
yeah i guess your good points of comparing brown to schiavo and thomas herrion are really trumping everyone else's arguments

finsforlife
ronnie brown looks fine - our o-line looks like a bust!

Why is it that Sammy has ran for 5, 6 ,7 yards on his three carries?

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
It is only game to but look at what some of the other ROOKS have done in two games. It isn't like C. Williams got to start playing/practicing earlier than Ronnie Brown. OH WAIT, he reported to camp in shape. If Ronnie can't hit the holes while they're there he is going to have a very difficult time in the league. Once again son, hit the showers. You were done the day after your Auburn season was over.

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Why is it that Sammy has ran for 5, 6 ,7 yards on his three carries?
it's almost as if morris has been in the NFL longer and has more experience than brown. weird

sepe34
09-18-2005, 06:57 PM
kastofsna120, thanks for seeing my side. It is quite refreshing to see someone other than myself that has a lick of sense. Maybe if the rest of this board could follow suit, we wouldn't be constantly getting trolled/flamed by oppossing teams' fans. You sir, are a true soldier.

Baxter
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Im sorry I am kinda new can some one please tell me how to ignore these idiots.

2 ****ing games!!!!

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
it's almost as if morris has been in the NFL longer and has more experience than brown. weird

Second pick....instant impact. Brown is playing flag ball with all the uneccesary fakes. Coach must have got on him about the spinning....

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Second pick....instant impact. Brown is playing flag ball with all the uneccesary fakes. Coach must have got on him about the spinning....
he's making rookie mistakes that worked in college that don't work in the NFL. he's doing what comes natural to him, and it'll take time to figure it out. i'm glad he's making the mistakes now so the coaching staff can show him what he's doing wrong and he'll be able to correct it all

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Didn't we expect a little more from Ronnie...

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 07:02 PM

It's almost as if you'd expect IMPACT from your second overall draft pick. It's almost as if the RB picked THREE PICKS AFTER HIM has had 2 100-yard games already.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Ronnie Brown isn't Barry Sanders and shouldn't play like he thinks that he is. Saban needs to put a size 12 up his b-spot. You have got to be kidding me. A Chad Pennington led team walking all over the defense like it was a pop warner team and our golden boy looking much more like a piece of poo everytime he touches the rock.

PS. Jesus Christ my lord and saviour spoke to me last night and said that Ronnie Brown is hardly one of his favorite sons and he is going to replace all the references in the good book to the camel passing through the eye of a needle to Ronnie Brown passing through a hole in the line.

seabass
09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Way too early to say he is a bust, but he has not looked good today.

Noland
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
blah blah blah blah blah

tucker
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
i wouldnt say he's a "bust" but he sure hasnt shown anything..so far he's looked like sh%$

sepe34
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes Noland, that is quite the comeback. Please comeback with something intelligent and PRETEND that you have an idea of what we're discussing. If you can point out some of Ronnie Brown's quality plays I'll gladly hunt you down, buy you a beer, and let you punch me in the face but since we won't be seeing each other anytime soon. Try to find that step ladder, son.

Noodle Arm
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Cedric Benson is a bust too!!!!!!! So is Mike Williams!!! So is Alex Smith!! So is Braylon Edwards!!

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Cedric Benson is a bust too!!!!!!! So is Mike Williams!!! So is Alex Smith!! So is Braylon Edwards!!

None of them are busts yet, and neither is Ronnie Brown. BUT it's quite obvious that Cadillac Williams is the best RB taken in the draft. We should have traded down with the Bears and picked Cadillac.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
blah blah blah blah blah

Last week " well it's only his first game as a pro"
This week " well it's only his second game as a pro"
Next week "well it's only his third game as a pro"
Week four "well it's only his fourth game as a pro"

After week four..."Ricky's getting all the carries, now Ronnie can't showcase his skills"

What can Brown do for you?..sit on the bench and learn from Ricky and Sammy.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I would hardly say that Braylon is a bust. He looks like one of the high points of the Browns.

Cleveland Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
B. Edwards 3 107 35.7 80 1 0

ny_finfan1966
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
wait till the end of the year and then I will say I told you so. I am not going to argue with fin fans that think Nick can't make a mistake. I guess God Nick can't make a bad pick.

Icemac0
09-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Ryan Leaf looked very good after his 2nd game....

fyi

Bellson
Im not going to say Ronnie sucks but HE IS NO CADDIE!! The games and stats talk for themselves. I'll give a slight edge to Tampa's line by a little bit, but Gruden had to rebuild their entire line as we had to do. Ronnie's vision just is not there. He's way too inconsistent and defintely shows rookie mistakes such as running w/out the ball on a flip pass and then instead of just falling on the ball, he tries to pick it up and gets bailed out by a shovel pass incomletion. He also is clueless on a screen pass designed for him. Caught looking completely the wrong way. He hesistates when he could hit the hole and then goes outside when his blocks are aimed in. Cadillac is just a more powerful RB with better vision. I dont care what everyone says about Ronnie having better hands receiving. A running backs key job is to run and Ronnie is not doing that.

FIN-IN-RI
wait till the end of the year and then I will say I told you so. I am not going to argue with fin fans that think Nick can't make a mistake. I guess God Nick can't make a bad pick.

It's called patience.. Maybe you should take some time and try to develop some.

Until then, I think you should stay away from FinHeaven and read up on some Football 101.

I'll let you know when you can advance to 102.

Caps
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
None of them are busts yet, and neither is Ronnie Brown. BUT it's quite obvious that Cadillac Williams is the best RB taken in the draft. We should have traded down with the Bears and picked Cadillac.

Who says the Bears made an offer? You can't trade down just because you want to.

Noland
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes Noland, that is quite the comeback. Please comeback with something intelligent and PRETEND that you have an idea of what we're discussing. If you can point out some of Ronnie Brown's quality plays I'll gladly hunt you down, buy you a beer, and let you punch me in the face but since we won't be seeing each other anytime soon. Try to find that step ladder, son.

Say something intelligent i'll answer intelligently. Bringing down a player after 2 games to me is not intelligent. And saying he werent good or never good as some of the posters have said is not intelligent. Ryan Leaf is a bust he earned that right it took more than 2 games to figure it out. Sorry dont mean to make noone mad. My daddy calls me son how ironic :D

PMZQ
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
i wouldnt say he's a "bust" but he sure hasnt shown anything..so far he's looked like sh%$

Everyone makes the mistake of comparing him to Cadillac. WRONG

Tampa Bay has a good OL, that helps him a great deal !

Ronnie has no such luxury here in Miami.

gimmemybullits
09-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Ronnie will be a star in this league.

Phinfanatic84
I partially agree. I think Ronnie is quicker and faster than Caddy. But Caddy easily has the better vision and instincts.

I partially agree. I think Ronnie is faster (straight line speed) but Caddy is definately quicker (burst, laterally quickness, in and out of his cuts, etc).

Dudeman

uh, no they dont. I'm not going to enter in this debate, but Tampa DOES NOT have a good O-line

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Who says the Bears made an offer? You can't trade down just because you want to.

If we couldn't trade down, we should have drafted him at the second spot. It isn't like a LOT of people didn't think he was the better of the two backs. Most thought Ronnie would be the better pro back, but there was a substantial minority that favored Cadillac. Hindsight is always 20/20 of course, and I don't blame the coaches for going with the majority view...but it's pretty clear right now that Cadillac Williams is going to have more impact this season than Brown is.

sepe34
So a 23 year old KID is going to tell someone what they know about football and when they're advanced enough to post on a free message board? Oh please tell me almighty, tell me when I'll know enough about football to post on this glorious board. I truly do enjoy the presence of some gurus like yourself. Please tell me how you would have better utilized Ronnie Brown in todays loss.

Dolphin North

Yeah, talk about unrealistic expectations. This thread's a real wanker.

kastofsna120
uh, no they dont. I'm not going to enter in this debate, but Tampa DOES NOT have a good O-line
they're better than miami's. but they have 3 guys starting for the first time ever, so i'm not sure what to make of that

johngarry
1000% agree! Doesn't show the 'want to'. Not running through defenders, and looks for the soft fall. Plays like he's either (A) too valuable to get hurt; and or (B) just marking time til Ricky gets back.

Jimi
09-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Ronnie has no such luxury here in Miami.

Im not bashing Ronnie here, im still confident hell be fine...but to call the Bucs line "good" is a HUGE stretch. Take it from someone who lives in Tampa, their avearge at best.

tucker
09-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Ronnie has no such luxury here in Miami.arent tampa's oline men relatively new? our oline has more game experience than tampa..their oldest oline man is walker with 50 something starts and he's not even that good..so that argument is mute

Noland
09-18-2005, 07:26 PM

You know yaw act like you want him to fail. You could be right I dont know the future and if you are right i will be the first to say you were right. But i am not going to say that after 2 games 4 games.

Caps
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM

They aren't great, but they're better than the wet paper bag that we call an O-Line. The day our line opens up holes for Ronnie and he DOESN'T have a great game is the day I become worried about him.

PhenomenalPhin
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM
start sammy morris

ohall
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM

I don't mean to bash you, but that is just nonsense.

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
They aren't great, but they're better than the wet paper bag that we call an O-Line.

No, they really aren't. It's about even.

tucker
09-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't mean to bash you, but that is just nonsense.how is that nonsense? looks like a valid statement to me

kud
09-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm not gonna call him a bust yet, but when Sammy Morris is showing him up its getting me worried.

I never thought i'd be so eager to have Slick Rick back.

RCOBRA
09-18-2005, 07:30 PM

Im pretty sure those stats are from Ricky's first two games as a pro. Ronnie started camp late and has very sub par run blocking. He has had defenders in his face before he even touches the ball, you cant expect him to do well under those circumstances.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 07:31 PM

If Ronnie was running behind the Bucs O Line he would probably be O rookie of the week

sepe34
09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I hardly want the dolphins to fail. I would love to see them win out the season. I hardly see how starting a running back that isn't getting the job done will help the team do anything but make them fail.

FishFillet1051
Ronnie Brown looks freakin' awful so far. That's not to say he won't become a solid player, it's just he's hurting the fins more than helping at this point. It's not like Fins are expected to get anywhere this year anyhow, so might as well let the kid be baptized by fire.

Despacio
I havent seen Carnell do anything great. Yes hes got the yards and few tds and speed but he has run through holes as big as mac trucks. Miami dont have good run blocking TB does. Calling a rookie a bust in 1 1/2 games is expecting a little to muchIMO.

Not true, if you sae him play today you would have sen him make some great moves, break off tackles, and hit the hol fast and quick with little hesitation.

zonk4ever
Ronnie will be good but not special and when you give someone a 20 million dollar signing bonus...

He's not quick. He's not instinctive. You're gonna laugh, but he lacks cutting ability (lateral quickness) because he's knock kneed (his knees go in slightly) so he has to gather himself to cut. Size and straight line speed requires a damn good O'line. (we don't have)

Hate to say it but Sammie Morris has looked better ( i don't think he's making as much money either)

Megatron
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Whoever posted those stats about Ricky's first two games is wrong. Ricky rushed well over 100 yards in our trampling over the Lions in his first game as a Fin. Dude he meant first game ever.

FIN-IN-RI
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
I hardly want the dolphins to fail. I would love to see them win out the season. I hardly see how starting a running back that isn't getting the job done will help the team do anything but make them fail.

Shows how much you know. Even the Jet fans think this thread is an effing disgrace.

Help: The newbies and trolls are soiling up this board..:nono:

dlockz
09-18-2005, 07:35 PM

Well those numbers you quote are not bad at all, Ricky was a specialback that could have easily been a hall of famer on ability. Ronnie will be a good back but will probably never be as good as Ricky on the field. That being said Ronnie does alot well and it is way too early to call him a bust.

sepe34
Noland buddy it is doesn't not don't. Just trying to help a bit.

JAcK o D1AmonDs
Barry Sanders didnt rush for no 150 or 100 yeards his first two games

kastofsna120
Ronnie Brown looks freakin' awful so far. That's not to say he won't become a solid player, it's just he's hurting the fins more than helping at this point. It's not like Fins are expected to get anywhere this year anyhow, so might as well let the kid be baptized by fire.
excellent post. he is sucking, but i'm glad he's doing it out on the field so he can learn what he's doing is wrong and HOPEFULLY can be coached correctly to right his wrongs

TheMageGandalf
Guys, IMO...

Ronnie Brown is an NFL Fullback...He can block and can run about as good as Mike Alstott.

But I dont see him being an all-world back...if he stays as a running back he'll problably be as good as say Marion Butts was but not much more than that.

Unless he shows something better because IMO he just lacks the vision, elusiveness and explosiveness needed to be a top back ala Ricky, Tomlinson, Holmes etc. etc. etc.

finsforlife
09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
1000% agree! Doesn't show the 'want to'. Not running through defenders, and looks for the soft fall. Plays like he's either (A) too valuable to get hurt; and or (B) just marking time til Ricky gets back.

I agree totally..he have had opportunities after going through a the hole.

Ronnie Bass
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM

You gotta be kidding me man, there is NO running back in the NFL who could run behind that line the way they are playing right now.

They are just awful, and so is the stupid idea that Ronnie Brown is a bust after two games, give it a break man. :shakeno:

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM

An average RB would look good behind a Good O Line. Dont slag Ronnie off too early, a skillfull veteran would have problems running behind this O line, let alone a rookie--I know its hard for you Yanks but you just gotta be patient--the worst thing to happen was winning easily last week--expectations are now too high for the season

phinking
09-18-2005, 07:39 PM
His rookie year will be a total washout. And if Ricky behaves the Brown will be a bust because he will not take away any significant playing time from Williams whom as I've
said many times before, is a far superior player.

Noland
09-18-2005, 07:39 PM

Your right there well for 2 more games Ronnie and Sammy will share playing time. Im not going to worry about it because Ricky will be back and do well and if Ronnie dont work out we got Ricky unless he walks away again.

Sorry if i made you upset we are both fin fans that want the best for our team. We just share different opinions.

Vilmatime51
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
how are you going to judge a back after two games?

TheAnswer385
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
SHUT THE **** UP AND GET THE **** OUT

ITS BEEN 2 GAMES :shakeno:thank you im sick of seeing this crap :mad:

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
how are you going to judge a back after two games?
thank you.

wow, imagine that... a jets fan that has more common sense than over half this board.

Guys, Ronnie is stuck behind the worst O-line in the NFL, and forced into a starting gig as a rookie in the NFL.

Stop comparing him to Caddy - Caddy has the benefit of a good o-line, a passing attack that is respected and somewhat of a threat, and an offense that is built around him.

Ronnie will be fine, give him a break...

FIN-IN-RI
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Your right there well for 2 more games Ronnie and Sammy will share playing time. Im not going to worry about it because Ricky will be back and do well and if Ronnie dont work out we got Ricky unless he walks away again.

Sorry if i made you upset we are both fin fans that want the best for our team. We just share different opinions.

Different opinions, yes..but one of the opinions is uninformed. Extremely uninformed and hastely judged.

That's why i'm TRASHING these TROLLS!

Dphins4me
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Thought I'd post this little bit of info. Tomlinson avg 3.6 YPC his rookie year.

DolfanISS
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Not as big of a bust as the original poster of this tread. Anyone who thinks that any other RB would have done more today with the way the line played has never watched football before. All of Brown's yardage was because of his tough running.

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
the only mistake ronnie made this game was the fumble, that didn't count anyway.... so calm the piss down guys.

Ronnie did fine. It was his second pro game

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
thank you.

wow, imagine that... a jets fan that has more common sense than over half this board.

Guys, Ronnie is stuck behind the worst O-line in the NFL, and forced into a starting gig as a rookie in the NFL.

Stop comparing him to Caddy - Caddy has the benefit of a good o-line, a passing attack that is respected and somewhat of a threat, and an offense that is built around him.

Huh?

Tampa's patchwork O-line is in no better shape than ours and they certainly don't have a passing attack that threatens anyone. Please share with me who on their recieving core scares defenses........

The fact is, after two games Cadillac is proving to be more effective immediately. Really doesn't come as much of a surprise to me.

So far Ronnie does nothing, but dance in the backfield. Last week his blocking was great, but this week he was just as bad as the rest of the o-line.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
thank you.

Yeah a jets fan ---but ur right

CsonkaClone
It was evident from the outset that the refs would make sure the Jets won the game.

oscar
if ronnnie had as many attempts as curtis 31 he would of had about 90 yards

maybe more i think coaches gave up on the run to quick

finsforlife
You gotta be kidding me man, there is NO running back in the NFL who could run behind that line the way they are playing right now.

They are just awful, and so is the stupid idea that Ronnie Brown is a bust after two games, give it a break man. :shakeno:

Sammy Morris is having success...

FishFillet1051

?!?

I wouldn't consider the Buccs' o-line to be that much better off than the fins'. The only threat on offense right now is the passing game. If anything Ronnie Brown is holding back the pass, not the pass holding down Ronnie.

PerfectSZN
He doesn't suck but I do wonder if Cadillac is a little better. Ronnie will be good but Cadillac looks to be the real deal. Caddy can make the 1st guy miss. Yes the bucks did a better job of opening holes for him but he still looked faster and more elusive.

Phinfanatic84
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Thought I'd post this little bit of info. Tomlinson avg 3.6 YPC his rookie year.

Tomlinson had an O-line worse the ours and their QB play was slightly worse then Fiedler's. You can put 8 guys in the box against Tomlinson and 8 out of 10 times he's going to get positive yards.

Noland
09-18-2005, 07:47 PM
thank you.

Agreed, I dont care if Caddy is better we got Brown not Caddy. We have got the worst run blocking Oline in Football. We can judge this when Ricky gets back.

arnoldu
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM

RELAX! Take a pill...or two...Brown will be fine.

Bonedoc7777
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
can people relax and let the guy play a season

09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
But the O-line makes the entire game. Our offensive line, made ricky quit!!

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 07:54 PM

Exactly........his vision is better than Brown's at this point.

NathanHunt
09-18-2005, 07:55 PM

It's the silent posts floating under the radar that speak volumes about the truth.

For all the defending of Ronnie, people need to come to grips with reality and stop making excuses. He dances and is very hesitant at times. I've seen veterans cut for these same stats and habits. Just because Ronnie is a Phin should not give him a free pass.

I'm not saying cut the guy, but I am saying we need to ADJUST our thinking and realize OTHER ROOKIES have done much better on WORSE teams.

Before the next excuse carrier bashes me or others for criticizing Ronnie, they need to simply look at the stats. They are dismal. And, OTHER backs have worse situations and produce more. REALITY check. This kid makes more money than all other rookies except 1... is he producing like it?

It's simple math and hard line thinking... you have to come to grips when players do not perform to their pay.

I'm not saying he IS a bust. But, I am saying, he is not performing at the level other RBs have in the same situation.

Who? Sammy Morris for one.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Right ---enough is enough--ronnie will be fine--O Line is the problem--Firstly I didn't want Ronnie , I wanted a QB. But what we got is what we got. I aint moaning , I just move on , and so should you. Saban picked who he thought would be best for our situation. There wasn't a decent OL man and Smith had gone so he picked who he thought would be best for the team. Ronnie wil be fine in the future and I really think people are overreacting cause it was against the jets. Personally I dont think the game plan was too bad, just poor execution (WR dropping balls and O Line not sticking to their tasks) + was the D held Martin to less than 2.5 yrds per carry---Its only 2 games , lets give Ronnie a chance. After all he aint doing this on purpose :)

sepe34
09-18-2005, 07:57 PM
As for the trolling comments, if you can't try to take a few jabs at a team that is playing subpar well then...I'm not really sure what you want. Have a few laughs and enjoy the stupidity as there are things far more important in life than football. For the "we" people on this board...unless you were out there trying to make a block or blitzing Pennington you're sounding like a child. You are hardly a part of the team. Sitting at home and cheering or swearing at the tv makes you no more a part of the team than winning 4 games last year made Wanny a good coach. You are NOT collecting a check and you are NOT picking up a blitz. You are not a part of the organization.

As for you Noland, you hardly upset me or offended me. Some of the people on this board seem like they're on a path to a stroke or something the way many of you take this way too seriously. Enjoy the game and take it as a break from reality for a few minutes.

NYJ EcKo151
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm not here to troll, not my style. But this is looking like TGG last week...We had threads all over the place that Martin is done, etc. etc. It's 2 games for Ronnie, ROOKIE! His OLine isnt exactly great, but Ronnie tonight showed he can be a franchise back...His power after contact is amazing...I wouldn't go calling him a bust at all...

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Huh?

Tampa's patchwork O-line is in no better shape than ours and they certainly don't have a passing attack that threatens anyone. Please share with me who on their recieving core scares defenses........

The fact is, after two games Cadillac is proving to be more effective immediately. Really doesn't come as much of a surprise to me.

So far Ronnie does nothing, but dance in the backfield. Last week his blocking was great, but this week he was just as bad as the rest of the o-line.
1) Tampa's oline IS better than ours, PERIOD. There are no stats to back up this claim, but if you have watched them (which you obviously haven't), then you can't make a point here.

2) Griese is a LOT better than our Qb.

3) Clayton had 1200 yards last year..... when's the last time we had a WR to go over 1,000 yards?

those three factors ALONE give them an edge over us. Add to that Cadillac is a scat-type back much like Warrick Dunn.... these guys would not last a DAY behind our o-line. if Caddy was here and Ronnie was drafted by Tampa, then Ronnie would be having a breakout first couple of games and Cadillac would be sucking.

Don't blame Ronnie when its not his fault....

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 07:59 PM
morris had 4 runs in garbage time... and had less yards. i don't see how that translates to "success".

Don't forget Sammy is a veteran. Ronnie is a rookie. Give Ronnie a chance....

Ronnie Bass
09-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Four carries for 23 yards? Seriously man, big deal.

Curtis Martin had 31 carries for 72 yards but Derric Baylock had two carries for 14 yards, are you going to suggest that he's better than Martin also??

And by the way, while Morris led the team in yards last year, he didn't exactly tear up either did he?

SuperDuperFan
09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Guys also remember ronnie was playing with a bad shoulder. There is no telling if it was bothering him a bit. Hes not the type to make up excuses. Even if thats the case I still think he had a decent game. Youre expecting too much too soon.

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:01 PM
It's the silent posts floating under the radar that speak volumes about the truth.

For all the defending of Ronnie, people need to come to grips with reality and stop making excuses. He dances and is very hesitant at times. I've seen veterans cut for these same stats and habits. Just because Ronnie is a Phin should not give him a free pass.

I'm not saying cut the guy, but I am saying we need to ADJUST our thinking and realize OTHER ROOKIES have done much better on WORSE teams.

Before the next excuse carrier bashes me or others for criticizing Ronnie, they need to simply look at the stats. They are dismal. And, OTHER backs have worse situations and produce more. REALITY check. This kid makes more money than all other rookies except 1... is he producing like it?

It's simple math and hard line thinking... you have to come to grips when players do not perform to their pay.

I'm not saying he IS a bust. But, I am saying, he is not performing at the level other RBs have in the same situation.

Who? Sammy Morris for one.

Yes i agree he needs to improve but 2 games as a pro with this sucky line. People expect to much Sammy has been in the league a while. Maybe Sammy needs to start. 2 games does not prove if a player is a bust or not starting material either

Fran2fin
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM

all during the draft, I kept saying next pic will be OL. didn't Nick ever watch the films from last year......well, I guess he has a plan ( I hope so because another game like today and hubby will have me committed.)...I could go 3 pt loss, but what happened to the Fin team we saw last week, and where were those trick plays of Linehans? Is Chambers turning into Randy (I'll catch the ball when I feel like it) Moss? Why didn't they get Randy Michael involved in the passing game earlier, and why didn't they use Sammy Morris earlier....While I'm being critical, why didn't Ronnie get his self to training camp on time? And Ron Howard, well, if Surtain was still here, but thats water over the dam. And where were the blitzes?.........The Jets for goodness sakes......I won't even mention the penalties......enough already!!!

Ronnie Bass
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm not here to troll, not my style. But this is looking like TGG last week...We had threads all over the place that Martin is done, etc. etc. It's 2 games for Ronnie, ROOKIE! His OLine isnt exactly great, but Ronnie tonight showed he can be a franchise back...His power after contact is amazing...I wouldn't go calling him a bust at all...

Another reasonable Jets fan here making all the anti-Brown Dolphins fans look ridiculous.

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
1) Tampa's oline IS better than ours, PERIOD. There are no stats to back up this claim, but if you have watched them (which you obviously haven't), then you can't make a point here.

2) Griese is a LOT better than our Qb.

Those two false statements kill your credibility right there.

Megatron
09-18-2005, 08:05 PM
all during the draft, I kept saying next pic will be OL. didn't Nick ever watch the films from last year......well, I guess he has a plan ( Nick's plan was BPA, which is the same plan as all the other teams.

enigmatics
09-18-2005, 08:06 PM
morris had 4 runs in garbage time... and had less yards. i don't see how that translates to "success".

Don't forget Sammy is a veteran. Ronnie is a rookie. Give Ronnie a chance....

LOL .......it wasn't garbage time......he was put in during the 3rd and 4th when Saban got fed up with Ronnie's dancing. Funny how we saw Sammy running well but you didn't ..........yet you're able to see a better blocking Tampa line but we don't.

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 08:06 PM

lol, so a rookie starting his 2nd game should be looked at as a bust due to the rookie mistakes he's making? you have to be a ****ing idiot in order to form such an opinion. really, there's no other way you could come to this conclusion unless you're mentally unstable

DolphanD
09-18-2005, 08:09 PM

He was good enough to beat Denver.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Ronnie Brown had what? 12 carries for 35 yards and that is an amazing 2.9 per carry. Sammy had quite a bit better average than that. Maybe Ronnie should have gotten to camp a bit quicker and maybe he should watch some game film on a few good pro backs to learn how they run the ball.

FIN-IN-RI
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
I know I saw Sammy run well.. But Sammy is at least a VETEREN.. You ppl think Ronnie is going to dance like that in every game he plays? He didn't do it in college.. He'll be hitting that line like a ton of bricks soon, you haters &/or trolls just watch..

Roman529
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Be patient people.....it is going to take a while given the OL that we have. You guys want instant success...it aint gonna happen.

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Whether we do have a good year or not with Ronnie i will be behind this team because it is suppose to be a rebouild situation for the future anyway. BB first year with the Patsies was not good but the next year was a ring.

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Griese outperformed our QBs last year and has thus far this year.... tell me what is "false" about that statement.

second, i have watched both tampa games. Their o-line is not the best in the league, i never said it was. But it is a HELL of a lot better than ours, which is all i said. They give Griese time to throw, and Carnell holes to run through.

I don't see that too much from our o-line.

kastofsna120
09-18-2005, 08:14 PM
1) griese is better than frerotte
2) tampa's line is better than miami's line

false? nah

pigskinguy
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
It's waaaaaaay to early to call him a bust, but he's been pretty bad so far..........

texasPHINSfan
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
LOL .......it wasn't garbage time......he was put in during the 3rd and 4th when Saban got fed up with Ronnie's dancing. Funny how we saw Sammy running well but you didn't ..........yet you're able to see a better blocking Tampa line but we don't.
see my post above about a better-blocking Tampa o-line. Did you even watch their game?

I didn't say sammy didn't run well... i just don't think he did "better" than Ronnie. For you to say that definitively based on FOUR runs is ridiculous. You are probably the same guy that said Sammy was one of the best running backs in the league last year because he averaged 4 yards per carry.

Whitedolphin54
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
It's waaaaaaay to early to call him a bust, but he's been pretty bad so far..........

what a load of bollocks, give him a chance

nephinsfan
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM

Give Ronnie caddilacs O line. then talk to me:fire:

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 08:17 PM
1) griese is better than frerotte
2) tampa's line is better than miami's line

false? nah

False yes. You're simply wrong on both counts. There is no doubt about it.

Rick 1966

Tampa's O line is no better than ours.

Whitedolphin54
:)

exactly--some people have no brains!

Hellion
09-18-2005, 08:18 PM
see my post above about a better-blocking Tampa o-line. Did you even watch their game?

I didn't say sammy didn't run well... i just don't think he did "better" than Ronnie. For you to say that definitively based on FOUR runs is ridiculous. You are probably the same guy that said Sammy was one of the best running backs in the league last year because he averaged 4 yards per carry.

i watched the bucs today and like I said in another thread, Pittman was making some nice runs as well. the TB OL has done doing a good job so far this years.

kastofsna120
False yes. You're simply wrong on both counts. There is no doubt about it.
have you watched a bucs game this year? no? okay, then i win. yay to me!

you're an idiot

Rick 1966
Griese outperformed our QBs last year and has thus far this year.... tell me what is "false" about that statement.

second, i have watched both tampa games. Their o-line is not the best in the league, i never said it was. But it is a HELL of a lot better than ours, which is all i said. They give Griese time to throw, and Carnell holes to run through.

I don't see that too much from our o-line.

Griese outperformed Fiedler and Feeley true. Neither of them is starting for us.
I have watched both Tampa games and most of their games from last year, and their line is no better than ours.

Rick 1966
09-18-2005, 08:19 PM

you're an idiot

1)I live in the Tampa area. I've seen both games.
2)Your opinion of who "won" is irrelevant.
3)You're engaging in personal attacks and I HAVE reported you.

sepe34
09-18-2005, 08:20 PM
kastofsna120 please don't resort to the personal attacks as they are against the TOS. We're all phin fans and don't need to be fighting each other.

pigskinguy
what a load of bollocks, give him a chance

And what part is a load bull. The part that says it's to early to call Ronnie a bust. Or the part that says he's been bad the first 2 weeks.
Cuz I think both statements are very accurate.

texasPHINSfan
Griese outperformed Fiedler and Feeley true. Neither of them is starting for us.
I have watched both Tampa games and most of their games from last year, and their line is no better than ours.
i don't see how you substantiate that.

Tampa's QB has had less sacks, better completion percentage, more yards, more TDs.... i mean what other stat can i possibly bring up to further substantiate this.

you CLEARLY have not watched their games... even Pittman was having a good game. Their QB is outperforming ours (which equals to opponents respecting the pass more), and their OL is better than ours (which translates to better running #'s for them).

How can you POSSIBLY deny those two things??? the stats don't lie!

pigskinguy
09-18-2005, 08:21 PM

you're an idiot

Go get ready for bedtime. You have a big day in the 1st grade tomorrow. :shakeno:

chamber blaze84
09-18-2005, 08:21 PM

well your a true idiot. i guess eli manning was a bust last yeart too cuz he didnt do good in his first 2 games:rolleyes:

Noland
09-18-2005, 08:22 PM
most of Caddys yards come from big runs where the line had opened a big hole. I bet Willie Parker would have the yards probably more than Caddy.

RHoffman
that should be banned as pure nonsense.

finsforlife
Four carries for 23 yards? Seriously man, big deal.

Curtis Martin had 31 carries for 72 yards but Derric Baylock had two carries for 14 yards, are you going to suggest that he's better than Martin also??

And by the way, while Morris led the team in yards last year, he didn't exactly tear up either did he?

1. Yes...but these were 5, 6, 7, 5 yard runs...very consistent.

2. We are talking Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris running and playing against the same defense and running behind the same offense.

3. Our team sucked last year....better QB..different attitudes..different coaches.

Rick 1966
i don't see how you substantiate that.

Tampa's QB has had less sacks, better completion percentage, more yards, more TDs.... i mean what other stat can i possibly bring up to further substantiate this.

Their line has looked better this year because their running game is working, not vice versa. If your RB is gaining yards, other teams respect the play action and you don't get sacks. Last season, when they did not have Caddy, their line and their offense resembled ours very closely.

QB2RonnieTD23
09-18-2005, 08:23 PM

Give me a break.....

kastofsna120
Go get ready for bedtime. You have a big day in the 1st grade tomorrow. :shakeno:
ms. hoffman is letting us mix the primary fingerpaint colors to make green and orange! yay!

texasPHINSfan
Their line has looked better this year because their running game is working, not vice versa. If your RB is gaining yards, other teams respect the play action and you don't get sacks. Last season, when they did not have Caddy, their line and their offense resembled ours very closely.
right... so Caddy's almost 300 yards rushing after two games is all Caddy and no o-line.

you really watched the games. i can tell.

pigskinguy
09-18-2005, 08:24 PM
ms. hoffman is letting us mix the primary fingerpaint colors to make green and orange! yay!

Ok. Just don't put your fingers in your mouth when they are all full of paint.