PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Mod Willbill3 needs to get a grip!\Appology to WildBill

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I have had my avatar for over a year, and then I get this email that my avatar is against the TOS! this is BS, and this is getting nuts. I have been a solid poster, and then after year I get this! Don't worry Mods I am done with this board!

Buddwalk
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Dude calm down i see your point for being mad...honestly i dont even know what your avy was. Please dont scream at the mods they do a 100% great job of officiating these boards. I see your a donated and a finheaven vip member so you do care but what was your avy anyway there must of been a reason they banned it

So for right now just calm down :D

Nappy Roots
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I have abeen a solid poster for a while here, and have had the same avatar for over a year, and now it's against the TOS! I am done with this board! You need to relax a little!

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Dude calm down i see your point for being mad...honestly i dont even know what your avy was. Please dont scream at the mods they do a 100% great job of officiating these boards. I see your a donated and a finheaven vip member so you do care but what was your avy anyway there must of been a reason they banned it

So for right now just calm down :DBro it was a Dolphin cheerleader in her outfit, and that's it!

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifTake care brother Nappy!

RWhitney014
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Are you saying you're never coming back to post again?

MDFINFAN
09-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Why is your avatar against the TOS?

Buddwalk
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Bro it was a Dolphin cheerleader in her outfit, and that's it!

Well some things have to be against tos man...They might have let it slide for a year but now there clamping down. Remember finheaven doesnt want any sexual harrassment charges. Im not a mod or anything but i thought I should stick up for them on this one. Please dont directly address one mod it might of been wildbill who did ban your thing but it wasnt his fault. It was yours for having it in your avatar. Now i've had my sig the one skape made me deleted cause it was a lil bit over 40k but still none the less over 40k. Like i said chill :D

and have a cookie http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Why is your avatar against the TOS?Bro I am done with thios board and the super mods. My avatar was the same for over a year, it was a Dolphin Cheerleader in her uniform, and all of a sudden it's against the TOS. Take care!

Phinfanatic84
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Bro I am done with thios board and the super mods. My avatar was the same for over a year, it was a Dolphin Cheerleader in her uniform, and all of a sudden it's against the TOS. Take care!

LOL... well, I've seen worse on PBS so I'm going to my menu screen and blocking that channel right after I call the FCC to complain!!!

Muck
09-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Check your PMs.

TheAnswer385
09-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Bro it was a Dolphin cheerleader in her outfit, and that's it!yea i had a chick in mine too the other day they took it out so i dunno. there was no nudity

_dan24
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I have had my avatar for over a year, and then I get this email that my avatar is against the TOS! this is BS, and this is getting nuts. I have been a solid poster, and then after year I get this! Don't worry Mods I am done with this board!

Dude, just resize it or fix w/e was wrong. If you had it over a year, i'm sure you could email AJ or Muck to see if they would let you use it.

No need to get all dramatic.... :lol:

cnc66
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Dude, just resize it or fix w/e was wrong. If you had it over a year, i'm sure you could email AJ or Muck to see if they would let you use it.

No need to get all dramatic.... :lol:

you would think after being here a year, a good positive poster a vip and a donator that there would be a courtesy pm before the ax happened.

edit; there was a courtesy pm, my bad

BlitPhinFan
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Check your PMs.

Can I get a PM also? I didn't have my avatar near as long as Fin Fan in Cali but, I have had the same type of Avatar since I joined Finheaven. I have gone over the TOS since my avatar was removed. I agree that my latest was wrong on my part. But how can you call a cheerleader outfit a bikini? There are arms and a skirt, are there not?

4evaFinz
09-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I assume they changed the rules on signatures as well, because mine had fit ALL of the rules perfectly, then all of a sudden I log on and my signature is gone. A PM would have been nice, seeing as I had not stored it on my PC...

darkmistress
09-18-2005, 08:22 PM
I assume they changed the rules on signatures as well, because mine had fit ALL of the rules perfectly, then all of a sudden I log on and my signature is gone. A PM would have been nice, seeing as I had not stored it on my PC...

Your mod edited sig says it was 13.34 kbs over the limit...

njfinfan
09-18-2005, 08:31 PM

It did not fit all the rules perfectly. I'm the mod who zapped your sig. It was bigger than 40.0 kb.

NJFinFury2004
09-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Muck is pretty cool, IM sure he will fix.

BlitPhinFan
09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
you would think after being here a year, a good positive poster a vip and a donator that there would be a courtesy pm before the ax happened.

Yep, that is my gripe. I have no way to respond to or get approval on another avatar. Since I have no clue on who to petition or get my new avatar approved.

I read the TOS... mine was in violation... I can't argue that now. But Fin Fan in Cali's is NOT a bikini picture. It was just a cheerleader in her uniform.

My next one was going to be of Lauren D. from the waist up in our new uniforms. They have sleeves etc. I would just like to get a PM so I know where to send an avatar picture before I waste my time postin it. So to speak.

cnc66
09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Yep, that is my gripe. I have no way to respond to or get approval on another avatar. Since I have no clue on who to petition or get my new avatar approved.

I read the TOS... mine was in violation... I can't argue that now. But Fin Fan in Cali's is NOT a bikini picture. It was just a cheerleader in her uniform.

My next one was going to be of Lauren D. from the waist up in our new uniforms. They have sleeves etc. I would just like to get a PM so I know where to send an avatar picture before I waste my time postin it. So to speak.

I was told that there was a courtesy pm, I was incorrect.

Muck
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
We've spoken/speaking via PM. But I wasn't aware that there were multiple threads started in multiple forums (none of which were the Complaints forum).

That's not really the best way to handle it.

PHINATIC13
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
:happydrinStick around Cali we need all the positive guys and gals we can get. I bet if you resize it you'll be back in business.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-18-2005, 09:15 PM
We've spoken/speaking via PM. But I wasn't aware that there were multiple threads started in multiple forums (none of which were the Complaints forum).

That's not really the best way to handle it.I sent one to admin with no repsonse Muck.

Muck
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I apologize. I haven't checked my mail in the last few hours.

But you have to at least cut us some slack. You sent your email during the game (5:10 PM). Most people aren't checking their email during the game. Remember, we're fans too. We live and die with every play. :) And you created these threads just after the game ended, when we're typically cleaning up and monitoring and/or posting on the site.

Basically, you gave us a 2.5 hours period to respond during a Phins-Jets game!! :tongue: Then you started making a private matter public. Really, if you have a complaint about a staff member....all you have to do is email or PM us (the admins). If it's busy time, PM works better. Because doing what you did (in public, in several forums) really makes it look like you're trying to smear the site, which obviously would be really out of character for you.

As I said to you privately, the mod was only doing what he thought was right. There was no malice. And you didn't seem to interperate it that way in your email.

Now lets all hug this out. :)

NaboCane
09-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I sent one to admin with no repsonse Muck.

There was no harm intended, guys, to either of you (blit too). Can we put this behind us and not lose any valued members to what amounts to an escalated misunderstanding?

I love you guys...

MNFINFAN
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Bro I am done with thios board and the super mods. My avatar was the same for over a year, it was a Dolphin Cheerleader in her uniform, and all of a sudden it's against the TOS. Take care!
Hey Cali, it was against the TOS, it wasn't a sudden change of heart by the MODS. I have always wondered why some of the avatars have been allowed. I had mine taken away about 15 months ago due to fact that they want the pics in the main forum, be they Avatars or sigs, to be clean and football related. Cheerleaders were allowed for awhile but the people started to get the cheerleaders in really suggestive poses and passed them off as having Dolphins' ties, so Cheerleaders, unfortunately, are off limits too. I hope you reconsider your absence as you do provide good commentary here.

d-day
09-19-2005, 12:25 AM

bro - i hope you don't go - i understand you though - i think the mods sometimes forget that there are actual human beings behind the posts - i'm sure it gets easy for them to dehumanize us posters here at times since there are so many of us on this mb - i just hope they take the time to work it out with you fin fan - good posters like you are needed here and should be worth the extra effort

Nappy Roots
09-19-2005, 01:24 AM
woah. i just realized how much i missed your avator already!!!

im not questioning anything, cause i dont run the site. but i just ask whats the deal with banning dolphin cheerleaders when during the game they show them upclose all the time....i dont get that...

Oboy
09-19-2005, 10:58 AM
I am not sure I even remember Cali's avatar, but if it was just a Cheerleader that does not sound like a violation of TOS. I just reread the TOS to make sure and that does not sound like a violation. I understand if it was suggestive or "sexually explicit".

Mods, can I just have some clarification? I would just like to know what the policy is.

Thanks.

WharfRat
09-19-2005, 10:59 AM
- i think the mods sometimes forget that there are actual human beings behind the posts - i'm sure it gets easy for them to dehumanize us posters here at times since there are so many of us on this mb -

I think that many times, the posters forget that there are actual human beings who are volunteering their time to be mods - I'm sure it gets easy for the members to dehumanize the staff at times.....

;)

DolphinDevil28
09-19-2005, 03:24 PM
This is assenine.

Fin Fan In Cali and BlitPhinFan are two of my favorite posters. If we lose them because of this crap, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

What is the harm of having a pic of cheerleaders anyway? What can someone do to the site?

If they filed sexual harrasment, then they'd have to file it against the NFL too and all the publications that make cheerleading video, calendars, posters, etc...

I don't get it. This is stupid.

d-day
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
I think that many times, the posters forget that there are actual human beings who are volunteering their time to be mods - I'm sure it gets easy for the members to dehumanize the staff at times.....

;)

touche...

Fin Fan in Cali
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I am here manning up for the second time this week. The first time was posting to Smizzy on Jetnation. I am posting this thread after talking to brother d-day, and wildbill3. This is to say let's put the problem with my avatar behind us. Willbill3 didn't know that it was an unwritten rule that you could have them as your avatar, until talking to other mods. I have learned not to make the situation worse in public, to channel your response to the mod, or admin, and be patient for a response. Muck, and d-day you were correct. My avatar is back.

To all my brotherin here at Finheaven I appreciate your support, and PM's as well. I was overwhelmed by the support, and along with bro Blitphinfan.:beerbang:

I ask that the brotherin to take it easy, and let's enjoy Finheaven together. Willbill3 and I have patched this matter up, so let's move on.

ether79
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I am here manning up for the second time this week. The first time was posting to Smizzy on Jetnation. I am posting this thread after talking to brother d-day, and wildbill3. This is to say let's put the problem with my avatar behind us. Willbill3 didn't know that it was an unwritten rule that you could have them as your avatar, until talking to other mods. I have learned not to make the situation worse in public, to channel your response to the mod, or admin, and be patient for a response. Muck, and d-day you were correct. My avatar is back.

To all my brotherin here at Finheaven I appreciate your support, and PM's as well. I was overwhelmed by the support, and along with bro Blitphinfan.:beerbang:

I ask that the brotherin to take it easy, and let's enjoy Finheaven together. Willbill3 and I have patched this matter up, so let's move on.

Thats great. I'm glad to hear you guys patched it up and you are now back on.:drinkers: to all.

PHINATIC13
09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
:drinkers: Here's looking forward to next week and kicking the Panthers a$$e$!

Welcome back Cali!

Wildbill3
09-19-2005, 10:23 PM
How can you not like a guy that pays homage to SRV?

Anyway, after experiencing what it must feel like to touch a stripper (in this case Phins cheerleader in outfit) during a lapdance, and being taken out back by the bouncer (Muck).... :eek: I can say YOU DO NOT TOUCH the Cheerleaders, at least when they are in proper uniform...:lol:

Anyway, we are all winners in this, we keep a valued member, and we get to see the phins cheerleaders as avatars! :D (as I understand it though, they have to be in thier phins outfits, not swimming suits, sorry blitphinpfan:cry: )

Anyway all is good, and we can continue on continuing on!:cooldude:

Dubfire
09-19-2005, 10:25 PM

:drinkers:

Nappy Roots
09-19-2005, 11:17 PM
yes. i was missing that avator shortly after its ban meant.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
yes. i was missing that avator shortly after its ban meant.Thanks Bro! Thanks for the support to!:beerbang:

BlitPhinFan
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
How can you not like a guy that pays homage to SRV?

Anyway, after experiencing what it must feel like to touch a stripper (in this case Phins cheerleader in outfit) during a lapdance, and being taken out back by the bouncer (Muck).... :eek: I can say YOU DO NOT TOUCH the Cheerleaders, at least when they are in proper uniform...:lol:

Anyway, we are all winners in this, we keep a valued member, and we get to see the phins cheerleaders as avatars! :D (as I understand it though, they have to be in thier phins outfits, not swimming suits, sorry blitphinpfan:cry: )

Anyway all is good, and we can continue on continuing on!:cooldude:

Hey.. no hard feelings on my part. I understand completely. It was my fault that I never read the avatar section of the TOS, until after my avatar was removed. I am however glad to know that I can use my new one that I have been working on. Thanks Wildbill3. It's great to have Cali back! Now lets do this thing! GO FINS!

BlitPhinFan
09-20-2005, 12:40 AM
This is assenine.

Fin Fan In Cali and BlitPhinFan are two of my favorite posters. If we lose them because of this crap, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

What is the harm of having a pic of cheerleaders anyway? What can someone do to the site?

If they filed sexual harrasment, then they'd have to file it against the NFL too and all the publications that make cheerleading video, calendars, posters, etc...

I don't get it. This is stupid.

Thanks for the support DD28. Cali's was okay. But after I reviewed the TOS for avatars.. mine was in violation. No worries though. I am working on a TOS friendly version and I will be back, now that Cali is all straightened out. I look forward to game day this coming weekend! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Slappy8800
09-20-2005, 05:53 AM
wow...all this drama over a stupid avatar...i thought i was imamture

cnc66
09-20-2005, 05:58 AM
wow...all this drama over a stupid avatar...i thought i was imamture

-10 sp :goof:

Slappy8800
09-20-2005, 06:43 AM
yea spelling isnt my forte

cnc66
09-20-2005, 06:46 AM
yea spelling isnt my forte
I was trying to be funny and immature, after coffee it just looks dumb.:goof: I love your sig btw

Slappy8800
09-21-2005, 12:15 AM
hehe thanks!....Mark Messier is my idol :( i will miss him

idaho
09-21-2005, 12:25 AM
I was a little pissed at the mods taking my avatar away because it had the word ******ed in it. Then they explained a poster had a child with developemental issues and it brought him down to see the word. It was a funny avatar but not worth somebody getting depressed over.