PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for this trade?

phinpunk14
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry to plague this board with threads but you guys are a lot of help. It seems like every few days I am asking you guys something but you never let me down. Anyways, what do you think of this trade? I'm leaning toward taking it.

I get:
B. Favre
M. Muhammad
L. Tomlinson
M. Robinson

I give up:
C. Johnson
Carson Palmer
K. Jones
S. Davis

The rest of my lineup
QB: Byron Leftwich
WR: R. Wayne, J. Porter, Mi. Clayton, J. Galloway
RB:S. Alexander, L. Jordan,
TE: R. McMichael

Thanks a lot

Firesole
09-18-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry to plague this board with threads but you guys are a lot of help. It seems like every few days I am asking you guys something but you never let me down. Anyways, what do you think of this trade? I'm leaning toward taking it.

I get:
B. Favre
M. Muhammad
L. Tomlinson
M. Robinson

I give up:
C. Johnson
Carson Palmer
K. Jones
S. Davis

The rest of my lineup
QB: Byron Leftwich
WR: R. Wayne, J. Porter, Mi. Clayton, J. Galloway
RB:S. Alexander, L. Jordan,
TE: R. McMichael

Thanks a lot

Getting LT would be great since he is pretty much good for at least a TD every game. BUT....There is no way I give up Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer. That duo is getting better and better every week. Favre is done, and I've learned in the past that Leftwich isn't going to be enough to carry your team. But, with all that said, it is a very intriguing trade. You could potentially have the best 2 RBs in the game if you pull the strings on that deal.

Chizzle
09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
i think i would yes.
with the packers looking like pure poo this year the Favre will be chucking it up all game. LT is a consistent TD or 2 every week, and Muhhamad should hold his own.

your giving up alot of 'potential' but im not necessarily sold on those players.
i would do it

Slappy8800
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
i say no favre has done horrible thus far and muhammed plays with Kyle orton...KYLE ORTON!

Dolfan81
09-20-2005, 09:12 PM
i def wouldnt give up palmer for farve

Batman13
09-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I'd probably say no to that, because Johnson is the only WR you have that is a solid #1 every week. Having LT is always nice, but that won't make up for your WR's tanking on any given week, like they mostlikely will.

SMadison29
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Definitely not. Palmer is a stud, Johnson is a stud, Stephen Davis early on is a stud, & Kevin Jones who will be a stud again.

Mile High Fin
09-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I say no.
Palmer/Johnson is sweet.
L. Jordan's been doing as well as LT lately.
And you'd be giving up your RB depth........it's ALWAYS good to have solid RB depth.

Talos
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Carson Palmer will singehandedly win games for you and as has already been said, you need all the WR help you can get and Chad Johnson is definitely a solid #1.

Olbruck
09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Nope, Dont do it..

phinpunk14
09-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I just found out that if I make this trade, I can trade Favre for Kerry Collins. Does this make the trade a better idea?

JAcK o D1AmonDs
09-23-2005, 06:34 PM
NO LT only good FP person there Farve is not doing well keep who u have

FaninPatsyLand
09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't like it, Kevin Jones is a very good back and Chad Johnson is amazing. However, I REALLY don't like the idea of having Carson Palmer AND Chad Johnson on the same team. If the Bengals ever run struggle offensively, it hurts your chances of winning that week dramatically.

I still wouldn't do that trade though.

Slappy8800
09-25-2005, 08:54 PM
please tell u didnt do this trade

Kucha
09-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Ditto the above. I still wouldn't do this trade even after LT's monster mother-of-all-stat-games of last night. Carson Palmer is an upgrade over Leftwich at QB for you, Chad Johnson is a consistent WR and Kevin Jones has a good chance of eventually breaking out for you. However, if you can convince that guy not to include Chad Johnson or Carson Palmer, then the trade will become favorable.

phinpunk14
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I ended up doing pretty much the same trade without chad johnson included. I then did another trade that got me kerry collins for brett favre (the guy was a packer fan). i think it turned out very well for me since I got to keep chad johnson and got LT too.