PDA

View Full Version : Aww Sore Losers

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
BITTER DOLPHINS DISS JETS & CHAD

By MARK CANNIZZARO

September 19, 2005 -- With the Jets feeling quite good about themselves following their 17-7 win over the Dolphins, over in the losing Miami locker room there were some players trying to pour saltwater over the Jets' victory, particularly on Chad Pennington.
"The guy cannot get the ball down the field," Dolphin DT Vonnie Holliday vented about Pennington, openly questioning the arm of the Jets' quarterback.

When asked about Pennington's 7-of-7 performance for 74 yards on the Jets' final — and clinching — scoring drive, Holliday said, "I don't remember any great throws. It was more things we didn't do than things [Pennington] did."

Perhaps Holliday wasn't paying attention when Pennington connected with Justin McCareins for 20 yards on third-and-12 on that drive.

Maybe he was on his back when Pennington hit Wayne Chrebet for 12 yards a few moments later or when he found Laveranues Coles for 16 yards to the Miami 11-yard line.

Perhaps Holliday was looking the other way when Pennington faked the entire Miami defense with a play-action bootleg left on which he hit wide-open FB Jerald Sowell.

Herman Edwards defended Pennington's arm, saying of some throws Pennington sailed.

"I don't think it was his arm. His arm is fine. I think he just had a few bad throws he'd rather not have thrown," said the coach.

Dolphin guard Rex Hadnot was equally as critical of the Jets' defense.

"I'm not going to sit here and praise their defense or praise the way [Jet DE] John Abraham played," Hadnot ranted. "Yeah, he had a good game [several pressures, a sack, a forced fumble and a batted pass] and what-not. But it's not what he did. It's what we didn't do."

Hadnot must not have realized that, after his Dolphins went 57 yards on the Jets' defense in the first drive, they managed only 178 total yards the rest of the game.

BTW who the hell is rex hadnot, great game yesterday you guys were in it the whole game but this trashtalking isnt needed nor is in the right time, you really shouldnt talk trash after you just got beat.

Classless act by 2 Fin players too bad they couldnt take a page from zach thomas hes a great player and he keeps his mouth shut and speaks at appropite times.

Also Jason taylor is another one who has to keep his mouth shut, he gets whoped and tossed all around the meadowlands and still talks trash about NYkers not needed

Heres to another great game come december good luck

GO JETS =)

finjim
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
how quick till this dude gets banned??

I guess ten minutes...

bakedmatt
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
hey that's right, because we know we can beat you.

i suppose you think they should say, "the jets are far superior to us." get real.

SSnowman
09-19-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry to say but the Jets weren't all that great. Dolphins were just worse. Not that I condone Dolphins players saying things like that.

finjim
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
did you see that first throw to McCareins??? That was an underhand softball pitch!!

It fooled Schulters because it was so slow, he was laughing so hard he forgot to pick it off!

CitizenSnips
09-19-2005, 06:48 PM
ya know, i actually liked reading that. I never knew Vonnie had such fire in him. Whoever wrote that should lose his job because even if hes a jets writer, thats so incredibly bias its sickening. Hey man, the dolphins were upset because im sure most of them still believe they should have won.

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 06:49 PM
yeah because i said that you moron, iam saying why would they talk trash AFTER the fact the jets beat them, and i know you can beat us but you really havent shown that in a good 4 years have ya? anyone can beat anyone any given sunday, you all should know you beat the pats last year, but all i was saying is you just got beat no need to talk smack its not like the jets said anything against them.

i suppose you think they should say, "the jets are far superior to us." get real.

Predaphin

By MARK CANNIZZARO

September 19, 2005 -- With the Jets feeling quite good about themselves following their 17-7 win over the Dolphins, over in the losing Miami locker room there were some players trying to pour saltwater over the Jets' victory, particularly on Chad Pennington.
"The guy cannot get the ball down the field," Dolphin DT Vonnie Holliday vented about Pennington, openly questioning the arm of the Jets' quarterback. ......................................CONTINUED

GO JETS =)

Dude, you cannot post full articles and you must also provide a :link:

I can;t even tell if that's a whole article or where you began your post...

CantDraft4Crap
They had a good game ...no question . but december will be different...

finjim
five minutes....

Prime
09-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey troll, quit being a homer. They was only speaking the truth because the Jets offense really do suck against teams that are on top of things(see Cheifs game). We will be ready to play you all in the next game. You just better hope that Pennington arm gets stronger.

nyjunc

we controlled the game all afternoon but didn't put you away until we had to when our O went right down the field. I think 12-3 in the last 15 says you have a hard time beating us.

Zeke0123
yeah because i said that you moron, iam saying why would they talk trash AFTER the fact the jets beat them, and i know you can beat us but you really havent shown that in a good 4 years have ya? anyone can beat anyone any given sunday, you all should know you beat the pats last year, but all i was saying is you just got beat no need to talk smack its not like the jets said anything against them.see ya later tool.

Jetsownthefins
Dude, you cannot post full articles and you must also provide a :link:

I can;t even tell if that's a whole article or where you began your post...

sorry dude i didnt know that, wont happen again

dolphan117
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I wasnt all that happy to hear about this.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
yeah because i said that you moron, iam saying why would they talk trash AFTER the fact the jets beat them, and i know you can beat us but you really havent shown that in a good 4 years have ya? anyone can beat anyone any given sunday, you all should know you beat the pats last year, but all i was saying is you just got beat no need to talk smack its not like the jets said anything against them.see ya later tool.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Hye troll, quit being a homer. They was only speaking the truth because the Jets offense really do suck against teams that are on top of things. We will be ready to play you all in the next game.

it's typical Jason taylor whine, he is the leader ad they follow his lead. It seems every time we beat you(and we've done it 12 of 15 times) we actually do not beat you but you beat yourselves. I thought Saban would change the culture of the always talking trash and never delivering but he has not. Hopefully for you guys he does and maybe thye'll stop whining after losses.

Jetsownthefins
i know that was a horrible pass, but he recovered on the last drive, and guys iam not saying the jets played awsome because they didnt i konw that and everyone who watched the game knows that.
did you see that first throw to McCareins??? That was an underhand softball pitch!!

It fooled Schulters because it was so slow, he was laughing so hard he forgot to pick it off!

Motion
Truth hurts. Penny has a noodle arm.

Slappy8800
09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
not being a homer i have to agree with those phins...how many times was Coles left WIDE open? did our secondary realize he is the #1 WR on the team? i mean honestly geez

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 06:54 PM
yeah because i said that you moron, iam saying why would they talk trash AFTER the fact the jets beat them, and i know you can beat us but you really havent shown that in a good 4 years have ya? anyone can beat anyone any given sunday, you all should know you beat the pats last year, but all i was saying is you just got beat no need to talk smack its not like the jets said anything against them.

I agree with the players. It wasn't trash talk, they were saying they beat themselves. You're kidding yourself if you think that was some great performance by your team yesterday. Both teams played poorly, just the the Jets weren't as poor.

BTW - no need to call people names.

finjim
09-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I agree with Holliday and I'm glad he was fired up to say it. With Pennington throwing slow pitch softball out there we should have crushed them. We beat ourselves. Martin averaged 2.3 ypc. WOW. We will learn from this and get better. Jets fans better get ready for Fiedler, he's gonna be starting pretty soon.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
NY you better help your boy out or he wont be around to have your back for long.

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
we controlled the game all afternoon but didn't put you away until we had to when our O went right down the field. I think 12-3 in the last 15 says you have a hard time beating us.

Right...it was exactly as scripted. Let the Phins stay close then score a late td. The Jets were just goofing around :shakeno:

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
sorry bout the name calling, iam not here to be a troll just to spred some jet insight around here as some do at TGG well i wont be doing any name calling i was just a little upset about the article thats all, hope all is forgiven.

chemo476
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
This is just part 1 of the battle. We shall see when the jets come to Miami. Next time we will finish off Curtis Martin........

DolfanISS
09-19-2005, 06:57 PM

I guess ten minutes...

If he gets banned we are a bunch of chicken littles. He just posted a TRUE article. We shouldn't be such babies.

Call them sore sports or not I like that attitude. The team knows they screwed up in many instances and will hopefully be determined to fix it.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Right...it was exactly as scripted. Let the Phins stay close then score a late td. The Jets were just goofing around :shakeno:

No but if the proper call is made on the Chrebet TD it is 14 or 17-0 Jets and the game is basically over. We struggled at times but when we need it most we tore through your D for an 80 yard drive(that was actually more than that b/c we had a couple of penalties).

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 06:58 PM
it's typical Jason taylor whine, he is the leader ad they follow his lead. It seems every time we beat you(and we've done it 12 of 15 times) we actually do not beat you but you beat yourselves. I thought Saban would change the culture of the always talking trash and never delivering but he has not. Hopefully for you guys he does and maybe thye'll stop whining after losses.ehhh always with the Taylor Bashing even when from what I read it had nothing to do with him...Stop the hate NY its not good for the soul.

finjim
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
If he gets banned we are a bunch of chicken littles. He just posted a TRUE article. We shouldn't be such babies.

Call them sore sports or not I like that attitude. The team knows they screwed up in many instances and will hopefully be determined to fix it.\

I was more referring to his name, the fact he is brand new and the propensity for trolls to pop out of the woodwork after a win.

Zeke0123

Call them sore sports or not I like that attitude. The team knows they screwed up in many instances and will hopefully be determined to fix it.hey the term MORON is against TOS true article or not.

Jetsownthefins
Miami's Run Defence was solid as usuall, the secondary looked shakey seeing the fact that pennington was floating alot of balls, he turned it up and knocked the fins out of a game. Ill admit i was nervous during the game the way you guys stopped the run. Your offence needs to step up you have some weapons especially when you get Rickey back of course him being in game shape.

Slappy8800
on the chrebet call...i believe it was never ruled a TD and the replay was not conclusive enough to call it a TD...good call IMO couldve went either way.

rainmaker1313
09-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I dont think Jet people should be allowed to start threads, just answer some!

Predaphin

By MARK CANNIZZARO

"The guy cannot get the ball down the field," Dolphin DT Vonnie Holliday vented about Pennington, openly questioning the arm of the Jets' quarterback.

When asked about Pennington's 7-of-7 performance for 74 yards on the Jets' final — and clinching — scoring drive, Holliday said, "I don't remember any great throws. It was more things we didn't do than things [Pennington] did."

Perhaps Holliday wasn't paying attention when Pennington connected with Justin McCareins for 20 yards on third-and-12 on that drive.

That bolded statement alone clearly states that the idiot that worte this is a clueless homer....

3rd & 12??? why was it 3rd and 12 to begin with??? DEFENSE!!!

and how was that Holliday's fault??? he's the DT, not the CB covering McCareins....if anything, it was Howards fault and maybe that's why you don;t hear him saying anything....

It's a team effort....it was 3rd and 12 and the Jets were struggling.

SSnowman
I think it's funny how Jets fans are acting like they beat a SB team or something. I'm glad you guys are confident, but if they continue to play like they have the last 2 games they are going to get smacked around by legitimate teams. So enjoy your "Superbowl" much like the Dolphins did last year vs the Patriots because it's the only Superbowl you're winning this year.

jribs
09-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh I am sorry I missed that part of the game, is that the part that the Dolphins defense was in the Jets back field for all of the 3rd quarter? Or perhaps in the first quarter when Pennington went how long before completing a pass?
You won the game, good for you. Now stop acting like it was complete domination because it wasn't. Remember this is a Fins team that went 4-12 last year and you won a close one at home. I am not that impressed with your team yet, especially after the trouncing you took last week.

Zeke0123
Miami's Run Defence was solid as usuall, the secondary looked shakey seeing the fact that pennington was floating alot of balls, he turned it up and knocked the fins out of a game. Ill admit i was nervous during the game the way you guys stopped the run. Your offence needs to step up you have some weapons especially when you get Rickey back of course him being in game shape.ehh maybe your ok. nice post reality from a jet fan is quite refreshing unlike NYJUNK who lives in some altered green reality where the Phins never win.

CanadaPhinsFan
No but if the proper call is made on the Chrebet TD it is 14 or 17-0 Jets and the game is basically over. We struggled at times but when we need it most we tore through your D for an 80 yard drive(that was actually more than that b/c we had a couple of penalties).

Ya, and if the proper call was made on the so-called interference on the opening drive, you would have been punting instead of scoring a td.

Joneal7
09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
fake spike anyone?

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
ehhh always with the Taylor Bashing even when from what I read it had nothing to do with him...Stop the hate NY its not good for the soul.

In other articles Taylor does whine like he usually does. it's amazing how te dolphins always beat themselves and never get beat. Off the field taylor comes off as a class guy but on the field he is not, would it bother him too much to lose w/ class and tip his hat to the better team?

on the chrebet call...i believe it was never ruled a TD and the replay was not conclusive enough to call it a TD...good call IMO couldve went either way.

reviewing the tape today it was definitely conclusive, the ref did not say it was not he made an incorrect call saying he was touched before it crossed the plain which he was not. He made a bad call on that play but the correct call on the Martin fumble the next play but that play should never have occurred as it was a TD the play before.

DBoston80
09-19-2005, 07:03 PM

I guess ten minutes...

He shouldnt be banned at all...We got beat and he is right....good thing is December is only a few months away..Im pretty sure a split is in hand.

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I think it's funny how Jets fans are acting like they beat a SB team or something. I'm glad you guys are confident, but if they continue to play like they have the last 2 games they are going to get smacked around by legitimate teams. So enjoy your "Superbowl" much like the Dolphins did last year vs the Patriots because it's the only Superbowl you're winning this year.

who said we won the super bowl, a wins a win in my book i dont care if we beat the patriots or the niners, its a win and hey ill take 10 of those any day that will get us in the playoffs much like it did for us last year. We got smacked around once by the chiefs in their house and with a hurt qb and I think the Jets thought they were the sh*T and it was a wakeup call for them, just wait dont talk to soon we have a good team next week we'll see what we can do in our own house against a good team.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Ya, and if the proper call was made on the so-called interference on the opening drive, you would have been punting instead of scoring a td.

he ran through his back and rpevented Chrebet from catching the ball, yes it was the proper call.

You won the game, good for you. Now stop acting like it was complete domination because it wasn't.

it wasn't complete domination but we were in control the entire way.

I think it's funny how Jets fans are acting like they beat a SB team or something.

I think it's funny how last week most of the board was talking like it was a foregone conclusion that you'd win 10-12 games and that we would suck but now that we win you guys suck? I hate to be in this thread but I had to set the record straight on some things.

fake spike anyone?

Monday Night Miracle anyone?

finjim
09-19-2005, 07:05 PM
who do the Jets play next?

CanadaPhinsFan
In other articles Taylor does whine like he usually does. it's amazing how te dolphins always beat themselves and never get beat. Off the field taylor comes off as a class guy but on the field he is not, would it bother him too much to lose w/ class and tip his hat to the better team?

reviewing the tape today it was definitely conclusive, the ref did not say it was not he made an incorrect call saying he was touched before it crossed the plain which he was not. He made a bad call on that play but the correct call on the Martin fumble the next play but that play should never have occurred as it was a TD the play before.

You're right, Taylor has no class. Maybe he should start punching his teammates like your d line. I'm glad he thinks he beats himself - it means he'll work harder to improve and make himself better.

Zeke0123

reviewing the tape today it was definitely conclusive, the ref did not say it was not he made an incorrect call saying he was touched before it crossed the plain which he was not. He made a bad call on that play but the correct call on the Martin fumble the next play but that play should never have occurred as it was a TD the play before. ehhh Im glad he doesnt tip his hat shows he is competative I seem to remember quite a few JET quotes last week (after they got crushed) that where in the same vein.

DolfanISS
09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Moron is against the rules. WOW now that's some tough talk :rolleyes:.

nyjunc
who do the Jets play next?

jacksonville and I know we have no chacne b/c we stink :rolleyes:

SSnowman
who said we won the super bowl, a wins a win in my book i dont care if we beat the patriots or the niners, its a win and hey ill take 10 of those any day that will get us in the playoffs much like it did for us last year. We got smacked around once by the chiefs in their house and with a hurt qb and I think the Jets thought they were the sh*T and it was a wakeup call for them, just wait dont talk to soon we have a good team next week we'll see what we can do in our own house against a good team.

I'm not saying you specifically but there have been plenty of cocky Jets fans. Just like there were plenty of cocky Dolphin fans after week 1.

Jetsownthefins
Jacksonville In NY then we go to BALT and back home against the 2-0 Bucs lol tough games, we'll see if were for real.

CanadaPhinsFan
he ran through his back and rpevented Chrebet from catching the ball, yes it was the proper call.

I think it's funny how last week most of the board was talking like it was a foregone conclusion that you'd win 10-12 games and that we would suck but now that we win you guys suck? I hate to be in this thread but I had to set the record straight on some things.

Monday Night Miracle anyone?

No team gets more calls than the Jets at home. The interference call was weak.

Slappy8800
09-19-2005, 07:07 PM

they just dominated peyton manning and the Colts...id be a bit more worried

nyjunc
You're right, Taylor has no class. Maybe he should start punching his teammates like your d line. I'm glad he thinks he beats himself - it means he'll work harder to improve and make himself better.

Or maybe he can punch his wife like your TE does.

ehhh Im glad he doesnt tip his hat shows he is competative I seem to remember quite a few JET quotes last week (after they got crushed) that where in the same vein.

That shows no class not a competitive spirit. Being competitive he can tip his cap and say we are going to do things different next time rather than giving no credit and just spouting off like he always does.

SSnowman

I don't agree with those people either. I don't think either team is going to the SB this year.

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Do you honestly believe the Jets played a good game yesterday?

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Monday Night Miracle anyone?that an amazingly contradictory (sp) statement score was 10-7 entering the 4th right ??? or was I watching something different?

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:09 PM

:lol: :lol: No team has been screwed more than the Jets, that PI call was a good call unlike the call on law against Chambers.

they just dominated peyton manning and the Colts...id be a bit more worried

They have to worry about us too, it will be a low scoring game. yeah their D worries me but our O is progressing and our D is a big time D too while their O is worse than ours. It should be a tough, low scoring game and hopefully we pull it out.

Rocky Raccoon
The Jets beat us, and thats ok, congrats, but...

Chad Pennington is the most overrated player in the game. Our defense should be ashamed. And I'm tired of constantly seeing him in commercials.

Pennington, another turd that won't flush.

CanadaPhinsFan

This isn't about him. You're the one in here claiming Taylor has no class.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM

That shows no class not a competitive spirit. Being competitive he can tip his cap and say we are going to do things different next time rather than giving no credit and just spouting off like he always does.So whats that saying about pennington ET al including your coach LAST week ?

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM

oh please canada jets never ever everrrrrrr get calls not being a little Bi*ch but it seems we allways have to beat the oponent and the refs just look at the game in Pitt last year not the playoff the one before some horrible calls liek i remember a hold on becht on a 35 yrd run by lamont called back force a third and long a killed a drive i dont know if you remember but iam sure NYjunc does, we do not ever get calls.

how can you say that after that blown call on Waynes TD

guys can you refresh my memory on what pass interference your talkign about iam drawing a blank right now :rolleyes:

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:11 PM
that an amazingly contradictory (sp) statement score was 10-7 entering the 4th right ??? or was I watching something different?

You must have been as it was 10-0 entering the 4th, you scored early in the 4th. We were in control, did we ever trail? No, we controlled the game and when it appeared you got in int at 10-7 we marched right down the field w/ ease.

Do you honestly believe the Jets played a good game yesterday?

No, we can and will play alot better but we played well enough to win and that's all that matters.

I don't agree with those people either. I don't think either team is going to the SB this year.

As this O improves I believe we will have a shot.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
So whats that saying about pennington ET al including your coach LAST week ?

Obviously we were awful in Week 1 and they said so but they didn't say KC sucked and only won b/c the Jets didnt play well.

guys can you refresh my memory on what pass interference your talkign about iam drawing a blank right now

First drive of the game when Schulters practically tackled Chrebet as he was trying to catch the ball. It was a good call.

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 07:13 PM
oh please canada jets never ever everrrrrrr get calls not being a little Bi*ch but it seems we allways have to beat the oponent and the refs just look at the game in Pitt last year not the playoff the one before some horrible calls liek i remember a hold on becht on a 35 yrd run by lamont called back force a third and long a killed a drive i dont know if you remember but iam sure NYjunc does, we do not ever get calls.

guys can you refresh my memory on what pass interference your talkign about iam drawing a blank right now :rolleyes:

One of the worst calls I can remember happened when Testeverde scored that td to win the game when time had expired and he was down a yd short of the goal line.

The interference call was the one in the 1st quarter.

Jetsownthefins
as do I nyjunc we have an UNBELIVEABLE def not to sound cocky. Even Fin fans have to give credit where credit is due huh?

catapano
[QUOTE=Jetsownthefins]BITTER DOLPHINS DISS JETS & CHAD

By MARK CANNIZZARO

Maybe he was on his back when Pennington hit Wayne Chrebet for 12 yards a few moments later or when he found Laveranues Coles for 16 yards to the Miami 11-yard line.

Perhaps Holliday was looking the other way when Pennington faked the entire Miami defense with a play-action bootleg left on which he hit wide-open FB Jerald Sowell.

Herman Edwards defended Pennington's arm, saying of some throws Pennington sailed.

"I don't think it was his arm. His arm is fine. I think he just had a few bad throws he'd rather not have thrown," said the coach.

Dolphin guard Rex Hadnot was equally as critical of the Jets' defense.

"I'm not going to sit here and praise their defense or praise the way [Jet DE] John Abraham played," Hadnot ranted. "Yeah, he had a good game [several pressures, a sack, a forced fumble and a batted pass] and what-not. But it's not what he did. It's what we didn't do."

Hadnot must not have realized that, after his Dolphins went 57 yards on the Jets' defense in the first drive, they managed only 178 total yards the rest of the game.

BTW who the hell is rex hadnot, great game yesterday you guys were in it the whole game but this trashtalking isnt needed nor is in the right time, you really shouldnt talk trash after you just got beat.

Classless act by 2 Fin players too bad they couldnt take a page from zach thomas hes a great player and he keeps his mouth shut and speaks at appropite times.

Also Jason taylor is another one who has to keep his mouth shut, he gets whoped and tossed all around the meadowlands and still talks trash about NYkers not needed

Heres to another great game come december good luck

GO JETS =)[/QUOTEdont get to excited about your victory wont be long before our left over jay fiedler will be your starting QB, not to mention you guys looked horrible unfortunately we were worse than horrible. that game was the biggest sleeper:sleep: both our teams looked really bad. your victory will be short lived, atleast we looked good in one game, more than i can say about your team. well se ya in miami.

nyjunc
This isn't about him. You're the one in here claiming Taylor has no class.

Again off the field he comes across as a good guy(I don't even mind the bashing of Jet fans b/c I think that's in fun) but on the field every play he makes he acts like he won the SB and he can never give the opponent credit always whining when they lose.

Jetsownthefins
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
One of the worst calls I can remember happened when Testeverde scored that td to win the game when time had expired and he was down a yd short of the goal line.

Ya i agree that was bad, but how are you going to base a statement on one bad call like that the jets dont get calls belive me.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM

The play before Keyshawn Johnson caught a TD and was pushed out, he would have come down in bounds but the ref did not give it to him so it was justice. That Vinny call was bad but they owe us alot more. Horrible calls have cost us many games and at least 2 playoff appearances since the early 90s.

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Again off the field he comes across as a good guy(I don't even mind the bashing of Jet fans b/c I think that's in fun) but on the field every play he makes he acts like he won the SB and he can never give the opponent credit always whining when they lose.

So he should be happy to lose? Half the players in the NFL celebrates like he won the SB after a routine tackle. Like it or not, that's how the game is now.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM

guys can you refresh my memory on what pass interference your talkign about iam drawing a blank right now :rolleyes:we lost a good game you guys did what you where supossed to do you won at home after a tough loss...the Jets have some issues they are going to need to fix because the Fins are a team in flux with 50% turnover on the roster and 100% turnover in coaching and despite what NYJUNK says about "in control" you let us hang around all game and werent even close to dominating us like last year.

dolphinheel
09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
What these Jets homers don't want to talk about is that a Miami team that finished with the second worst record in the league last year, with a new coach, with a new defense, with a new starting QB and RB, with a new offensive line and with only 4 wins, was able to compete for three and a half quarters with a "supposed" super bowl contender on their home field. Yeah the Jets beat Miami, and they were a little better on Sunday, but every media observer that I have heard since Sunday has soured on the Jets. The two eggs that the Jets have laid so far this season shows that they are not a team on the way up, but rather heading in the other direction. On the other hand, every expert is predicting the rise of the dolphins and our play has proved it. In case you Jets fans haven't noticed, we are both 1-1, and one of us is not supposed to be tied with the Miami Dolphins after week 2! No one with any credibility thinks you are going anywhere this year. I'll bet any of you that the Jets will not even make the playoffs. :lol:

CanadaPhinsFan
09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
The play before Keyshawn Johnson caught a TD and was pushed out, he would have come down in bounds but the ref did not give it to him so it was justice. That Vinny call was bad but they owe us alot more. Horrible calls have cost us many games and at least 2 playoff appearances since the early 90s.

Carefull...you're almost starting to whine like Taylor.

Every game has bad calls. But from what I've seen, the Jets are more often than not on the good side of those calls.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
So he should be happy to lose? Half the players in the NFL celebrates like he won the SB after a routine tackle. Like it or not, that's how the game is now.

No he shouldn't be happy but lose w/ some class, we know he never wins w/ class so at least when he loses he can be humble.

despite what NYJUNK says about "in control" you let us hang around all game and werent even close to dominating us like last year.

It was like the game in Miami last year where it was close but we were always in control. We knew your O couldn't beat us so we played conservatively but when we need to we passed right down the field and put the game away.

Slappy8800

argh i know....especially Ray lewis

Jetsownthefins
hey dolphinheel you better be on the rise after a season like last year, the rust is starting to come off, just wait untill chad is ready youll see a contender in us.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Carefull...you're almost starting to whine like Taylor.

Every game has bad calls. But from what I've seen, the Jets are more often than not on the good side of those calls.

Please give me one more example of a blown call the Jets got in their favor? heck your last win against us was b/c of a blown call in your favor when Anthony becht caught a 2 pt conversion ad the reviewed it and still called it no catch even though it was clear.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
No he shouldn't be happy but lose w/ some class, we know he never wins w/ class so at least when he loses he can be humble.

It was like the game in Miami last year where it was close but we were always in control. We knew your O couldn't beat us so we played conservatively but when we need to we passed right down the field and put the game away.ok so the whole game your team was just "holding back" because they knew after 4 failed drvies in the second half they could just "turn it on" when they need to and didnt really want to beat the Fins that bad they like close games.....ok now I get it :shakeno:

DolfanISS
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
WOW is football filled with extremists.

Week 1 - The sky is falling on theganggreen.com Finheaven has the Dolphins as Super Bowl contenders,

Week 2 - The Dolphins are 4-12 again on Finheaven and after beating them the Jets are now the the Super Bowl cointenders.

It's early and I honestly can't blame any fan of ANY AFC team for being optimistic. There are very FEW teams in the AFC who have looked consistantly good so far.

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:23 PM
ok so the whole game your team was just "holding back" because they knew after 4 failed drvies in the second half they could just "turn it on" when they need to and didnt really want to beat the Fins that bad they like close games.....ok now I get it :shakeno:

I never said holding back but we were aliitle more conservative. Obviously we were trying to score and we should have had a 14-0 or 17-0 lead at the hal if not for a blown call but we did play a little conservative as the onl way we were losing ws if we made a crucial mistake by turning it over.

dolphinheel
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
hey dolphinheel you better be on the rise after a season like last year, the rust is starting to come off, just wait untill chad is ready youll see a contender in us.

HAHAHA! That's what you guys have been saying for three years. "Hanging Chad" won't make it through the season. His arm is gone. :rofl3:

nyjunc
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
WOW is football filled with extremists.

Week 1 - The sky is falling on theganggreen.com Finheaven has the Dolphins as Super Bowl contenders,

Week 2 - The Dolphins are 4-12 again on Finheaven and after beating them the Jets are now the the Super Bowl cointenders.

It's early and I honestly can't blame any fan of ANY AFC team for being optimistic. There are very FEW teams in the AFC who have looked consistantly good so far.

I never changed my outlook, I looked at Week 1 as just 1 week and an aberration. W/ that said Week 2 could very well be an aberration, we don't know for sure as it is still very early but this week is certainly better than last week for us.

Den54
09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Congrats to the Jets. They did what they had to in order to win. The Fins did'nt. Thats it in a nutshell.

Zeke0123
09-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I never said holding back but we were aliitle more conservative. Obviously we were trying to score and we should have had a 14-0 or 17-0 lead at the hal if not for a blown call but we did play a little conservative as the onl way we were losing ws if we made a crucial mistake by turning it over.ok so where does being 1 turnover away from losing equate to "in control the whole time" cmon NY your better than that we had more than a few critical drops more than a few critical self inflicted penalties and yet we hung around until halfway into the 4th after OUR mistakes finished the game off for you. No 200 yards rushing and just pushing us all over the field like last year...as a matter of fact we stuffed everything but a few draw plays...you won get over it and stop trying to make it more than it was.

Fran2fin
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
sorry bout the name calling, iam not here to be a troll just to spred some jet insight around here as some do at TGG well i wont be doing any name calling i was just a little upset about the article thats all, hope all is forgiven.

If you want some forgiveness, lose absurd screen name.......:D

Fran2fin
09-19-2005, 07:33 PM

If you want some forgiveness lose the absurd screen name......:D

PerfectFinz72
09-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Truth hurts. Penny has a noodle arm.

Seriously. Makes Fiedler look like Marino.

BwanaZulia
09-20-2005, 06:06 AM

I am glad he knows he can beat us, maybe he can convince the scoreboard.

:)

BZ

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 06:30 AM
ok so where does being 1 turnover away from losing equate to "in control the whole time" cmon NY your better than that we had more than a few critical drops more than a few critical self inflicted penalties and yet we hung around until halfway into the 4th after OUR mistakes finished the game off for you. No 200 yards rushing and just pushing us all over the field like last year...as a matter of fact we stuffed everything but a few draw plays...you won get over it and stop trying to make it more than it was.

In control does not mean domination, it does not mean we won by 30 but we were in control of the game. We never allowed Miami to take a lead, it doesn't mean you guys couldn't have won. had we not scored that TD after yout TD we would have given up control Dallas was in control all night last night but allowed Was to hang around and then didn't put them away so Was came back.

timbalu
09-20-2005, 07:37 AM

I couldn't have said it better ! :lol:

Kinzua
09-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I am glad he knows he can beat us, maybe he can convince the scoreboard.

:)

BZ

Best line in the whole 7 pages of this thread!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

BleedinGreenNC
09-20-2005, 12:59 PM
HAHAHA! That's what you guys have been saying for three years. "Hanging Chad" won't make it through the season. His arm is gone. :rofl3:Thats what all you guys said last year, and look, we almost made it to the AFC championship game!