View Full Version : **What new Gaming system will you be geting**

TheAnswer385
09-20-2005, 07:15 AM
What new system will you be getting???

I will be waiting on the PS3.
I am willing to bet some of you will just rush out there and get the xbox360

mor911
09-20-2005, 07:37 AM
The Mor will get an Xbox 360 only because I must own Oblivion... If it weren't for that, I'd wait on PS3.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

TheAnswer385
09-20-2005, 07:50 AM
The Mor will get an Xbox 360 only because I must own Oblivion... If it weren't for that, I'd wait on PS3.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htmthat game does look prety cool

PeaTearGriffin
09-20-2005, 08:01 AM
well im kinda getting both xbox360 and ps3, my roommate is getting the 360 and im thinking about getting the ps3, we'll have to wait and see what the price is, but i have to be able to play mgs4

UltraDol-Fan
09-20-2005, 09:30 AM
360, probably the Revolution also. Perfect Dark looks unbelievable for 360.

Pagan
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Some of us will "just rush out"?

So anyone who's not "enlightened" enough to wait for the PS3 is "just rushing out"? Kinda silly to say that.

Some of us enjoy XBox Live just a little more than Sony's live service, and will stay loyal to what they already know is a proven winner.

I wouldn't call that "rushing out". :shakeno:

TrueDolFan
09-20-2005, 10:10 AM
All you single guys got it made. You can afford to go out and drop $300+ for a new system when it comes out. I remember when I used to be able to do that. Now I got a wife and 2 kids. My video gaming life has been slowly wasting away to pratically nothing. I no longer have time for a 40-50 hour RPG in my schedule. I barely have time to squeeze in a game of Madden every now and then. I guess I just miss the good old days. :cry: Playing video games from the time I got home from work until I went to bed. When Final Fantasy 7 came out, I beat it in 6 days. Nowadays it would take me 6 months.
It's not all bad, married life. My wife fixes dinner for me every night, kids are fun to have around, and having a legitimate nymphomaniac for a wife (not a lie or exagerration) is great. But, there are times when I look back at the laziness of my younger days and I wish I could go back, if only for a few days.

But back to the topic of this thread. I think I will probably go with the Revolution. Sports games are good, but I gotta play the new Zelda, the new Mario Kart, the new Metroid, and the new Mario games. Those franchises, among others, are worth the price of admission for me. That controller is truly revolutionary, and I will tell you now that it will become the standard all other companies will follow. Respect.

Predaphin
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm aiming for PS3, however, if the Xbox is better, then I will go with the Xbox

Prime Time
09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
PS3 but my bro will probably get XBOX360 when Christmas comes by.....

What he meant by rush out is that some people who want the ps3 more will go and buy the xbox360 just because it is the first new gaming console out.

Predaphin
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
All you single guys got it made. You can afford to go out and drop $300+ for a new system when it comes out. I remember when I used to be able to do that. Now I got a wife and 2 kids. My video gaming life has been slowly wasting away to pratically nothing. I no longer have time for a 40-50 hour RPG in my schedule. I barely have time to squeeze in a game of Madden every now and then. I guess I just miss the good old days. :cry: Playing video games from the time I got home from work until I went to bed. When Final Fantasy 7 came out, I beat it in 6 days. Nowadays it would take me 6 months.
It's not all bad, married life. My wife fixes dinner for me every night, kids are fun to have around, and having a legitimate nymphomaniac for a wife (not a lie or exagerration) is great. But, there are times when I look back at the laziness of my younger days and I wish I could go back, if only for a few days.

But back to the topic of this thread. I think I will probably go with the Revolution. Sports games are good, but I gotta play the new Zelda, the new Mario Kart, the new Metroid, and the new Mario games. Those franchises, among others, are worth the price of admission for me. That controller is truly revolutionary, and I will tell you now that it will become the standard all other companies will follow. Respect.

I hear you, however, I try and make time for my game playing, despite the fact that I have a family. I've always been a gamer.

TheAnswer385
09-20-2005, 01:03 PM
im hearing the ps3's graphics will be better than the xbox 360.(like the Xbox was over the ps2 im guessing.)

Agent51
09-20-2005, 03:27 PM

I'll prolly end up getting both eventually, but I am a PS fan at heart. I didn't even get an XBox til like last september. I highly doubt I'll get XBox 360 at launch, I'm not a huge gamer, I play mostly Madden and NCAA with the occasional GTA or racing games like, NFSU2 or Midnight Club etc, and I HATE NCAA and Madden for XBox, plus all the other games I play are PS like GTA (or WERE at the time) or are for both systems, and there is nothign that really stands out to me in the launch lineup for XBox 360 that will make me want to rush to buy it. I'm holdin out for PS3, and will prolly eventually break down and buy the 360, prolly after the first price drop.

Talos
09-20-2005, 03:34 PM

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

The Mor is aware that this will also be a PC game correct?

mor911
09-20-2005, 03:50 PM
The Mor is aware that this will also be a PC game correct?
The Mor does understand this... Based on the pictures the Mor sees, it's gonna take a really high end PC to make Oblivion run like it should... Cheaper alternative to buying a new PC... Xbox 360 :D

Motion
09-20-2005, 04:23 PM
PS3 for sure, definitely looking forward to MGS4 and Vision GT. Possibly Xbox 360 too, Saints Row and Gun both look awesome.

I'm trying to win a 360, I've been saving Dew caps like a mofo for that "Every10minutes" thing.

finsrule84
09-20-2005, 06:54 PM
XBOX 360, it just has more games that interest me (and the controller doesn't suck), like Perfect dark. only way i'll be getting a PS3 is if they remake FFVII, AKA best game of all time.

mor911
09-20-2005, 07:02 PM
XBOX 360, it just has more games that interest me (and the controller doesn't suck), like Perfect dark. only way i'll be getting a PS3 is if they remake FFVII, AKA best game of all time.
I have to agree with you on that controller. The PS3 controller has got to be the most god-awful thing The Mor has ever seen.

Caps
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I have to agree with you on that controller. The PS3 controller has got to be the most god-awful thing The Mor has ever seen.

That was a prototype, the controler will almost definitely be different when it is released. But regardless, I'm going with the PS3. I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, even though I own all the systems, and will probably get a 360 when I can get the good one(not the cheap-no wireless controller ripoff) for around $250. And I just HAVE to get my hands on MGS4. I mean, that thing looks good. I want to be friends with it. If MGS4 was a woman, it would be a Ladies Lounge kind of woman.

Timmy54
09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I am also waiting for the ps3 because i just like sony. I think sony make product that just work better. I have never had any problems with my tv, ps2, stereo, camcorder, camera, etc. on the side, i am also married and now buying a house, so my game playing is at an all time low as well.

Slappy8800
09-20-2005, 09:20 PM
all3

FinsNCanes
09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
From what I've seen the ps3 graphics are better. Sony always had better games as well.

Slappy8800
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
From what I've seen the ps3 graphics are better. Sony always had better games as well.

from who? to my knowledge their processor isnt ready as they had to take stuff out because the cost of the processor alone was 400+

PhinsPhan
09-21-2005, 12:03 AM

The ps3 graphics have still not been displayed. They have only used CGI (computer generated images) to display their games. Some people out there are wondering if in the end the PS3 will actually be any better than the 360. The ps3 has an incredibly low amount of memory for a next gen system and in the end it will most likely come down to which graphics card is better. Not processor.

And Timmy54, I agree that Sony used to make good products. I own alot myself. But recently their product quality has been going down and they are getting bad grades in Consumer Reports. Even their Grand Wega television rates as the Big Screen with the most problems and repair issues. Sony seems to be resting on their laurels as of late but still charge for their name and reputation.

Boone
09-21-2005, 01:29 AM
I'll probably wait 2-3 years until the PS3 drop in $$$....yeah I'm a cheap b@st@rd.

Deus Ex Dolphin
09-21-2005, 01:50 AM

You're in for a long wait, my friend. Mark my words, the PS3 will NOT launch in Spring 2006. It will be Fall or Winter 2006. Sony is just trying to convince people if they wait a few more months the PS3 will arrive --instead of telling them that will closer to a FULL YEAR after the Xbox 360.

If you are a big fan of the Sony exclusive games, then I understand waiting, but the Xbox 360 will have a lot to offer too.

UCFinfan86
09-21-2005, 06:27 AM
I want the 360 even though i dont even own the regular Xbox, the only reason i woulnd't want Xbox is because of the online service. I like how PS2's service is free and if PS3 service is free as well then i will prolly wait until 2007 to get ps3. Either way i wouldn tget which ever on until they have been out atleast a year prolly when the price drops to something that i can afford.

Caps
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
The ps3 graphics have still not been displayed. They have only used CGI (computer generated images) to display their games.

MGS4 was running in real time on the PS3 at the Tokyo Game Show. Go to gamespot.com and scroll to the bottom of the page if you don't believe me.

Cuban Dave 9
09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Screw that, I'm getting the NES...I heard its going for $1 nowadays :D ...I think I will wait for the first price drop for both consoles

PhinsPhan
09-23-2005, 03:24 PM
MGS4 was running in real time on the PS3 at the Tokyo Game Show. Go to gamespot.com and scroll to the bottom of the page if you don't believe me.

That is sweet. It's not like I said they would always do that I just said that they hadnt shown their true graphics yet. I wasn't aware of the MGS preview at the show.

I am not going to say that the PS3 graphics suck. I am just wondering if there is really a noticeable difference between that and the 360. Plus the PS3 is coming out at least 6 months later. Maybe even longer. You would expect better technology in a machine that comes out a year later. This may not be the case.

Both systems are going to be great but I am still going for a 360. Sony is too shady on their release date, their actual capabilities, they always fall short on their promises, and I like the Xbox lineup better.

Dudeman
09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
360 no doubt. My Sony purchases ended with the PS2 I sold about 2 years ago

THOMAS_54
09-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Ps3

XxFiN FaNxX
09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
xbox is the way to be...ps3 developers seem like they have no idea wat theyre even packin into it...microsoft has a plan and the games look decent...i want that new madden bad