PDA

View Full Version : Join in a Jets Brawl here with me

HULKFish
09-20-2005, 08:48 AM
http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99947

If you have a JetsInsider ID and would like to get in a brawl about Zach then go here where I've shut them up with facts....

HULKFish
09-20-2005, 08:49 AM
HULKFish
Undrafted Free Agent

man among boys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
CAREER TACKLES: In his career, has recorded 1,483 total tackles, including 987 solo stops ... Has reached the 100-tackle plateau in each of his nine NFL seasons ... Has led the Dolphins in tackles in eight of his nine seasons ... In fact, his season totals from six of those seasons (1996, 1998, 2001-04) all rank among the top ten figures in Dolphins history.

SINGLE-SEASON TACKLE LEADERS: When Thomas topped the team’s chart in 2002, it was a feat he accomplished for the sixth time in his seven seasons with the Dolphins ... In the process, he moved past Nick Buoniconti to take over sole possession of first place in the club’s record book for most seasons leading the team in tackles ... He extended his record by topping the team’s tackle chart for the seventh time in 2003 and the eighth occasion in 2004.

CAREER INTERCEPTIONS: Over the course of his nine-year career, Thomas has intercepted 15 passes, first all-time among Dolphin linebackers, one ahead of Earnie Rhone (14 from 1975-84) ... That figure is tied for 15th overall ... Of his 15 career interceptions, four have been returned for touchdowns: a 34-yard TD return of a Neil O’Donnell pass on September 9, 2001 at Tennessee; a one-yard return of a Donald Hollas attempt on December 6, 1998 at Oakland; a 17-yard return of a Kordell Stewart pass on September 20, 1998 vs. Pittsburgh; and a 26-yard return of a Chris Chandler pass on November 17, 1996 at Houston ... Thomas has four of the seven interception returns for touchdowns by a linebacker in club history, the other three being by Tom Erlandson (26 yards at Denver on December 4, 1966), A.J. Duhe (35 yards in the AFC Championship game against the N.Y. Jets on January 23, 1983) and Robert Jones (14 yards at Oakland on December 6, 1998) ... Thomas’ four interception returns for scores is a Dolphins record, one ahead of Dick Anderson and Terrell Buckley, both of whom accounted for three ... Thomas is the only linebacker and, along with DE Bill Stanfill (2), one of only two non-defensive backs in team history to return two or more interceptions for touchdowns ... In addition, Thomas’ four interception returns for touchdowns are tied with many others for fourth in NFL history among linebackers ... Among linebackers who were active in 2004, Thomas’ four interception returns for touchdowns are tied for second along with Tedy Bruschi, Dexter Coakley, Donnie Edwards and Darrin Smith ... The group trails only Tampa Bay’s Derrick Brooks.

This really helped shut them up...
THIS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 08:54 AM
HULKFish
Undrafted Free Agent

man among boys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
CAREER TACKLES: In his career, has recorded 1,483 total tackles, including 987 solo stops ... Has reached the 100-tackle plateau in each of his nine NFL seasons ... Has led the Dolphins in tackles in eight of his nine seasons ... In fact, his season totals from six of those seasons (1996, 1998, 2001-04) all rank among the top ten figures in Dolphins history.

SINGLE-SEASON TACKLE LEADERS: When Thomas topped the team’s chart in 2002, it was a feat he accomplished for the sixth time in his seven seasons with the Dolphins ... In the process, he moved past Nick Buoniconti to take over sole possession of first place in the club’s record book for most seasons leading the team in tackles ... He extended his record by topping the team’s tackle chart for the seventh time in 2003 and the eighth occasion in 2004.

CAREER INTERCEPTIONS: Over the course of his nine-year career, Thomas has intercepted 15 passes, first all-time among Dolphin linebackers, one ahead of Earnie Rhone (14 from 1975-84) ... That figure is tied for 15th overall ... Of his 15 career interceptions, four have been returned for touchdowns: a 34-yard TD return of a Neil O’Donnell pass on September 9, 2001 at Tennessee; a one-yard return of a Donald Hollas attempt on December 6, 1998 at Oakland; a 17-yard return of a Kordell Stewart pass on September 20, 1998 vs. Pittsburgh; and a 26-yard return of a Chris Chandler pass on November 17, 1996 at Houston ... Thomas has four of the seven interception returns for touchdowns by a linebacker in club history, the other three being by Tom Erlandson (26 yards at Denver on December 4, 1966), A.J. Duhe (35 yards in the AFC Championship game against the N.Y. Jets on January 23, 1983) and Robert Jones (14 yards at Oakland on December 6, 1998) ... Thomas’ four interception returns for scores is a Dolphins record, one ahead of Dick Anderson and Terrell Buckley, both of whom accounted for three ... Thomas is the only linebacker and, along with DE Bill Stanfill (2), one of only two non-defensive backs in team history to return two or more interceptions for touchdowns ... In addition, Thomas’ four interception returns for touchdowns are tied with many others for fourth in NFL history among linebackers ... Among linebackers who were active in 2004, Thomas’ four interception returns for touchdowns are tied for second along with Tedy Bruschi, Dexter Coakley, Donnie Edwards and Darrin Smith ... The group trails only Tampa Bay’s Derrick Brooks.

This really helped shut them up...
THIS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...

you might want to check again, another poster amde a great point about getting bio's from the media guides and I had a few words as well.

HULKFish
09-20-2005, 09:04 AM
HULKFish
Undrafted Free Agent

Quote:
nyjunc
All Pro

Zach has been a very good player throughout his career but he has never been great. The tacle statistic is the most overrated stat there is. Wher are these tackles? are they at or behind the LOS or 5-10 yards downfield? We had a guy named Kyle Clifton who used to average around 200 tackles a season and he was not great. To say zach is better than ray lewis is laughable and this discussion should end there. Let's not forgte Zach is the leader of a D that has given up 164 points in their last 5 playoff losses(33/game), ray never let his team do that even once but it is time after time that he and his D wears down and choke in big spots. Again, zach has been a very good player but he is declining(I barely heard his name mentioned Sunday) and Vilma was w/o a doubt better than him last year and I would expect that to continue.

OH PLEASE, YOU THINK RAY IS BETTER BECAUSE HE HAS A BIGGER MOUTH? You think he's better because he had a team that made a SB run??? YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT RAY'S BIG MOUTH IS WHAT LEAD THERE TEAM TO A SB VICTORY???? WOW!!

Tackles for losses??? It depends on the scheme, if he isn't schemed to shoot the gaps and make plays in the backfield then he won't... You should re-read the previous post if you think he can only tackle, he has ALWAYS been solid in coverage and against the run. (unless you're doing something stupid like putting him one on one with Tony Gonzalez).

There you go JUNK

FinFan013
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Whats funny to me is that one guy mentions that he didnt hear Zachs name even mentioned once during the game vs the JETS...Thats funny he was one of the players who were stopping martin on every run try

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Whats funny to me is that one guy mentions that he didnt hear Zachs name even mentioned once during the game vs the JETS...Thats funny he was one of the players who were stopping martin on every run try

He only had 9 tackles(the stat you guys love to throw around so much) and at 2 of them were when we were running out the clock on our last 2 drives and a few were more than 5 yards downfield and at least 2 were on pas plays so tell me how he was stopping Curtis on every play when he had 31 carries? he wasn't really much of a factor in Sun's game.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:20 AM
oh, that's just nyjunc being nyjunc...

of course, he had the best angle on the whole day, but never noticed zach all day, despite 12 tackles...

not 9, but 12... including a fumble forced... but no matter what Zach does, nyjunc will point out a negative... because well, he's a typical jets fan...

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
He actually had 12 tackles, and a few behind the LOS if I'm not mistaken. One stop behind the LOS was a -3 yard loss for Martin.

But what I wanted to say was in that post on that board someone qouted Zach as "A Great 'White' Hope"... when was that post about race... @sshole..

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
oh, that's just nyjunc being nyjunc... of course, he had the best angle on the whole day, but never noticed zach all day, despite 12 tackles...

according to NFL.com he had 9 solos and 2 assists 1 of the tackles was 11 yards downfield, another was the pass in the flat to Sowell, another was a 9 yard gain by Coles down to the Miami 1 and another was when the jets were running out the clock when the World knew we were running but yeah he was phenomenal :rolleyes:

You need to get over your obsession w/ me.

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:23 AM
But what I wanted to say was in that post on that board someone qouted Zach as "A Great 'White' Hope"... when was that post about race... @sshole..

That is dumb, Zach may not be great like a Ray lewis but he has always been near the top of MLB's.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
not 9, but 12... including a fumble forced... but no matter what Zach does, nyjunc will point out a negative... because well, he's a typical jets fan...

have a look, know-it-all... or, where they "technically not tackles" because they didn't effect the outcome, or were the credit of some other player? more unstantiated unprovable heresay?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20050918_MIA@NYJ

obsession with you? :lol: yeah, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.... i'm destroying you today... :D

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Honestly though, do you think when he leg whipped Martin that he was trying to hurt him?

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:27 AM

have a look, know-it-all... or, where they "technically not tackles" because they didn't effect the outcome, or were the credit of some other player? more unstantiated unprovable heresay?

A fumble which the Jets recovered by the way. Click the link, 9 solos and 2 assists. You guys are real homers if you think he was great on Sunday, i barely noticed him all game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050918_MIA@NYJ

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Honestly though, do you think when he leg whipped Martin that he was trying to hurt him?

I didn't notice it and haven't examined the tape to give an opinion, when did it happen/ I have the DVD w/ me at work so I can look it up.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:29 AM
i see... so you credit the unofficial "gamecenter" that never gets updated over the official NFL "gamebook" that NFL.com provides to the associated press and every media outlet in the country... yeah, you're a genius...

look again:

and regardless that another fumble bounced right back to your favorite team, the STAT is forced fumbles... try to get your head around what that means, from a production standpoint... as much as you hate to admit he played well...

FinFan013
He only had 9 tackles(the stat you guys love to throw around so much) and at 2 of them were when we were running out the clock on our last 2 drives and a few were more than 5 yards downfield and at least 2 were on pas plays so tell me how he was stopping Curtis on every play when he had 31 carries? he wasn't really much of a factor in Sun's game.

Most of the plays he was and hmm who did Zach stuff at the goal line?? and also on top of his stops against you run all day, didnt Zach pop the hell outta somebody amd make them fumble ..Yea zach was a force ALL day

Dolfan5000
A fumble which the Jets recovered by the way. Click the link, 9 solos and 2 assists. You guys are real homers if you think he was great on Sunday, i barely noticed him all game.

He wasn't great but he put his work in... did better than Vilma IMO.

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I didn't notice it and haven't examined the tape to give an opinion, when did it happen/ I have the DVD w/ me at work so I can look it up.
Yeah, because I've nevr seen Zach play dirty in my seven years watching him play.

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
i see... so you credit the unofficial "gamecenter" that never gets updated over the official NFL "gamebook" that NFL.com provides to the associated press and every media outlet in the country... yeah, you're a genius...

That is from NFL.com and either way it's only a tackle difference and he did not have a great game. No wonder somefolks on here overract and tell everyone zach is great and a future HOfer when he has a mediocre game you guys call it great :shakeno:

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:33 AM
He wasn't great but he put his work in... did better than Vilma IMO.

I wouldn't disagree w/ that. vilma and zach were solid but not spectacular.

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:34 AM
That is from NFL.com and either way it's only a tackle difference and he did not have a great game. No wonder somefolks on here overract and tell everyone zach is great and a future HOfer when he has a mediocre game you guys call it great :shakeno:
Not everyone said he played great...

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:35 AM

there you go again, backtracking over a blatant factual error, and then grouping all dolphins fans together.... i didn't say he had a great game, i said he was productive, noticeable and "played well"...

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Not everyone said he played great...

I know, i apologize for labeling everyon but the majority in this thread think he was great.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM

you said NINE TACKLES... let's not sugarcoat your downplaying stance against him now that you've been proven a fraud...

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:38 AM
there you go again, backtracking over a blatant factual error, and then grouping all dolphins fans together.... i didn't say he had a great game, i said he was productive, noticeable and "played well"...

How is it a blatant error? I got my #s from the NFL.com gamecenter.

If you are arguing he played well then why are you here? I never said he was bad, i said he wasn't much of a factor and he was not. he made a few plays but I barely noticed him most of the day and from last week I was told w/ Traylor in the middle he would be dominant against us.

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:46 AM
you said NINE TACKLES... let's not sugarcoat your downplaying stance against him now that you've been proven a fraud...

and they listed 10 tackles(i was counting solo's) so we are off by 1. Here is his full play by play:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050918_MIA@NYJ

-1st drive, stopped Curtis twice for 1 yard gains.(2)

-3rd drive stopped Curtis for 3 yards along w/ Jr.(2 solo, 1 asst)

-4th drive. tackles Curtis after gain of 4, tackles Blaylock after gain of 11 w/ Madison, tackles Sowell on pass to flat(forces fumble but Sowell recovers). (4,2)

2nd half:

-1st drive. pass to Curtis and he is tackled for 3 yd gain(5, 2)

-2nd drive. Curtis for -1 along w/ taylor(5,3)

-4th drive(TD drive). Stops Curtis for 1 yard gain w/ Seau, tackles Coles on 9 yard gain.(6,4).

The game is essentially over and he had 6 solo and 4 assists.

-5th drive. Zach stops Curtis for -2 along w/ Holiday and -3(7,5)

HULKFish
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
NYJUNK is just a JETs fan, drunken with the overwhelming mediocrity of his team that he thought would be "dominant" this year...

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
and they listed 10 tackles(i was counting solo's) so we are off by 1. Here is his full play by play:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050918_MIA@NYJ

-1st drive, stopped Curtis twice for 1 yard gains.(2)

-3rd drive stopped Curtis for 3 yards along w/ Jr.(2 solo, 1 asst)

-4th drive. tackles Curtis after gain of 4, tackles Blaylock after gain of 11 w/ Madison, tackles Sowell on pass to flat(forces fumble but Sowell recovers). (4,2)

2nd half:

-1st drive. pass to Curtis and he is tackled for 3 yd gain(5, 2)

-2nd drive. Curtis for -1 along w/ taylor(5,3)

-4th drive(TD drive). Stops Curtis for 1 yard gain w/ Seau, tackles Coles on 9 yard gain.(6,4).

The game is essentially over and he had 6 solo and 4 assists.

-5th drive. Zach stops Curtis for -2 along w/ Holiday and -3(7,5)
Shoot, with that stop by stop analysis you can see he played damn good. The average tackle he mad was made after 2 yards or so. =damn good. FF to go along with that, yes it was recovered by Sowell OFF A GREAT BOUNCE. lol Yeah you have to admit that's pretty good.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:52 AM
How is it a blatant error? I got my #s from the NFL.com gamecenter.

If you are arguing he played well then why are you here? I never said he was bad, i said he wasn't much of a factor and he was not. he made a few plays but I barely noticed him most of the day and from last week I was told w/ Traylor in the middle he would be dominant against us.

who told you that? the voices in your head?

it's not only a blatant fact error, but you failed to mention you were only referring to "solo tackles" until after it was pointed out you were wrong about the totals in the first place... how convenient...

anyhow, once again, perhaps you missed it... but here's a tip... don't put any stock into NFL.com's "gamecenter"... you want "gamebook"... that's official...

further, how could you possibly notice any particular dolphins when you watch a game from a new york point of view, who can do no wrong?... you have no objectivity at all, so why would finheaven put much credit in what you "saw"?

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Shoot, with that stop by stop analysis you can see he played damn good. The average tackle he mad was made after 2 yards or so. =damn good. FF to go along with that, yes it was recovered by Sowell OFF A GREAT BOUNCE. lol Yeah you have to admit that's pretty good.

We must be looking at a different recap, it was an ok day but nothing to write home about.

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 09:54 AM
who told you that? the voices in your head?

it's not only a blatant fact error, but you failed to mention you were only referring to "solo tackles" until after it was pointed out you were wrong about the totals in the first place... how convenient...

anyhow, once again, perhaps you missed it... but here's a tip... don't put any stock into NFL.com's "gamecenter"... you want "gamebook"... that's official...

further, how could you possibly notice any particular dolphins when you watch a game from a new york point of view, who can do no wrong?... you have no objectivity at all, so why would finheaven put much credit in what you "saw"?

I didn't hear zach's name called very much and I did notice taylor was active, Holliday had a few moments, Seau was around the ball alot so I did notice a few things but maybe I expect too much out of zach since he will be a HOFer :lol:

Dolfan5000
09-20-2005, 09:55 AM
We must be looking at a different recap, it was an ok day but nothing to write home about.
:o You're the one usually saying tackles are over-rated right? And you asked well was that tackle for a loss, or was it after 5-10 yards... His average stop was after a meager two yards. That isn't over-rated.

PressCoverage
09-20-2005, 09:56 AM

i see... so because you, the almighty football critic, didn't notice his name all day, he was "not much of a factor"... and now, here: "it was an ok day"

which was it?

chamber blaze84
09-20-2005, 09:57 AM

only 9? ha yeah w/e did anybody on the jets even have 9 tackles. and while your glating in your win against us. i wouldnt be too happy

1) chad pennington is throwing up ducks the recievers have to just stop all together and wait for the ball liek it baseball or sumtin. really if reggie wouldnt have been so abd we would ahad a good chance at that game.notice how they hardly thorugh to sam madison. maybe once and sam just knocked the ball away

2) curtis is banged up

Megatron
09-20-2005, 10:07 AM
only 9? ha yeah w/e did anybody on the jets even have 9 tackles. and while your glating in your win against us. i wouldnt be too happy

1) chad pennington is throwing up ducks the recievers have to just stop all together and wait for the ball liek it baseball or sumtin. really if reggie wouldnt have been so abd we would ahad a good chance at that game.notice how they hardly thorugh to sam madison. maybe once and sam just knocked the ball away

2) curtis is banged up

1) I'd throw to Howards side too.

2) Martin is one of the best RB's to ever play the game. I hate the Jets but he is my favorite Martin.

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 11:48 AM
:o You're the one usually saying tackles are over-rated right? And you asked well was that tackle for a loss, or was it after 5-10 yards... His average stop was after a meager two yards. That isn't over-rated.

But half of his tackles were down filed or in the final meaningless 2 drives where we just were running clock. In meaninful situations he wasn't doing much, yes he made a few plays but he was not all over the field.

nyrican
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
who cares Zach could have had 100 tackles they still lost ... typical fish fans always hyping up their D... but they fail to see or mention that most of the time when the fins play the jets ZACH is flat on on A$$ when Mawae gets a hold of him ;)

FinsFan74
09-20-2005, 06:25 PM
He actually had 12 tackles, and a few behind the LOS if I'm not mistaken. One stop behind the LOS was a -3 yard loss for Martin.

But what I wanted to say was in that post on that board someone qouted Zach as "A Great 'White' Hope"... when was that post about race... @sshole..I agree, that b.s. is way out of line.....but consider the source

FinsFan74
09-20-2005, 06:27 PM

That's pretty good bro....you calling people here homers, but what's up with your avatar??

nyjunc
09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
That's pretty good bro....you calling people here homers, but what's up with your avatar??

That is a pic of my favorite actor of all time :D

Timmy54
09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I will give you some insite into how players feel about Zach!! Peyton Manning was ask which player does he hate to play against. Instantly he said Zach Thomas because he is all over the place and does so much research on you that he knows the offense as well as you. "I had a play a couple of years ago, 3rd and 4, came to the line with a screen called, come to the line to check the d, and Zach starts yelling watch the screen, so i audible (because the d was in position) for a draw to Edge, and he jumps up and tell Bowens the play is a draw, I ended up calling time out!" Pretty strong statement from maybe the best qb to play right now!

DolfanInSoCal
09-20-2005, 11:24 PM
I will give you some insite into how players feel about Zach!! Peyton Manning was ask which player does he hate to play against. Instantly he said Zach Thomas because he is all over the place and does so much research on you that he knows the offense as well as you. "I had a play a couple of years ago, 3rd and 4, came to the line with a screen called, come to the line to check the d, and Zach starts yelling watch the screen, so i audible (because the d was in position) for a draw to Edge, and he jumps up and tell Bowens the play is a draw, I ended up calling time out!" Pretty strong statement from maybe the best qb to play right now!Cant argue with that :)