PDA

View Full Version : Damion McIntosh Week Two Journal

ArticleNinja
09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Discuss this article or suffer dire consequences: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/197.html.

FinHeavenAJ
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Great read that from McIntosh! Awesome stuff!

Great insight onto Abraham and other information vs. the Jets!

finsnchips
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
great entry. I didn't expect him to mention the subs, but it was good that he tried to help Vernon out.

it's great having Damion on board.

Dudeman
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
is he even starting this week? He was taken out of last weeks game....

DENVERDOLFAN
09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I just want to say how outstanding it is to read a weekly column from the starting Left Tackle of the Dolphins right here on our website. Great stuff.

DENVERDOLFAN
09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
is he even starting this week? He was taken out of last weeks game....

He's still the starter on this week's official depth chart.

Dudeman
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
He's still the starter on this week's official depth chart.

that really means nothing....its Tuesday

dont take that thing as gospel though, it could change at any point...

besides, nobody was at practice today, so nobody knows who was running with the first team

DENVERDOLFAN
09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
that really means nothing....its Tuesday

dont take that thing as gospel though, it could change at any point...

besides, nobody was at practice today, so nobody knows who was running with the first team

I didn't say it was gospel, just pointing out some info for people.

Regan21286
09-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Great article. I agree, John Abraham was quieter than usual. Good job by D-Mac on that one. And it's nice to see him mentor Vernon and hopefully he's right and the run blocking will improve.

I HATE losing to the Jets We do too. Give em 'ell on 12/18. :evil:

Outstanding entry as always and looking forward to the next one. Big thanks to D-Mac again.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Damion thanks for your time as always. If you happen to read this, kudos for trying to help out Carey. Great team player. It's great that you are already focused on what could of been done better! Here is to a great game for you and the offensive line against Carolina!:beerbang: Keep the faith! :)

CanadaPhinsFan
09-20-2005, 07:32 PM
great entry. I didn't expect him to mention the subs, but it was good that he tried to help Vernon out.

I was wondering if he would mention that myself. Really, it was a classy way to bring it up. He can't be happy, but at least he still did what he could to help the team.

John Biello
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
dont single out dmac alone on this one, carey was replaced by mcdougle first, saban was just trying to get mcdougle some time and find the best combination for that game. that said it was classy for him to make mention of it in that light, and i can speak for all of us when i say we appreciate your effort as a team. i was impressed with how we competed sunday, and cant wait for the game this weekend. dmac says the dolphins want our support, and it makes a difference to them. what more do we need as fans to get loud and support our boys, one of which cares enough to post a weekly article here on finheaven. GO FINS

VanDolPhan
09-20-2005, 07:38 PM
We all hate losing to the Jets D-Mac. Just nail them next time :)

NaboCane
09-20-2005, 07:42 PM
GREAT journal entry!

How cool is this, having the starting LT of the team blogging for our members?

Dudeman
09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
dont single out dmac alone on this one, carey was replaced by mcdougle first, saban was just trying to get mcdougle some time and find the best combination for that game. that said it was classy for him to make mention of it in that light, and i can speak for all of us when i say we appreciate your effort as a team. i was impressed with how we competed sunday, and cant wait for the game this weekend. dmac says the dolphins want our support, and it makes a difference to them. what more do we need as fans to get loud and support our boys, one of which cares enough to post a weekly article here on finheaven. GO FINS

I wasn't singling him out. I was just merely pointing out that nobody knows what direction Houck/Saban will be going on Sunday.

you're absolutely right, Carey was replaced, but the thread wasn't about Vernon :goof:

inFINSible
09-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Freakin' awesome entry...I love the honesty.....D-Mac, props to you for keeping it in perspective, Coach Saban is training you well. ;)

Timmy54
09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
what a stand up guy, realizes that the fans are why he makes the amount of money he does so he is giving back, and I like it.

PHINATIC13
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM

Yeah I liked the way he kept positive about it.I too was a little surprised he even mentioned it.Good job D-Mac.

Prime
09-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Good journal D-Mac. :up:

It's nice to see you staying postive and looking ahead at the Panthers.

Maynard the Hammer
09-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Good journal D-Mac. :up:

It's nice to see you staying postive and looking ahead at the Panthers.

same here #77. if you do read this, i'm embarassed as a fan for all this negativity about Ronnie Brown. Stay focused and execute; help out our man Ronnie

thanks again Mac :)

EDIT: see? i got you and ronnie as my avatar. ;) (the miami herald guy took off your head, not me :D)

arsenal
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
wow i like this guy more and more... the honesty in the whole thing makes it great, no excuses, just saying they will correct the mistakes... heres to a dominating performace against the panthers DMac! :beerbang:

Maynard the Hammer
09-20-2005, 10:28 PM
i really hope he reads this thread

Zeke0123
09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
wow! that was nice thanks Damion for putting out an insightful honest journal we appreciate it VERY much.

_dan24
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM

I agree!

Great read! :D

finswin56
09-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks!
It is great to hear from one of our Fins!

ckparrothead
09-20-2005, 11:13 PM
I have a few questions for Brett Tessler with regards to Damion. Damion and the team were rumored during the offseason restructuring to have made an agreement that the Dolphins would not sign or draft anyone to compete with Damion McIntosh. They signed Stockar McDougle and drafted Anthony Alabi, but neither compete with Damion.

I want to know if this agreement actually happened, whether or not it is written, and whether or not moving Damion to right tackle where he would compete with free agent acquisition Stockar McDougle would constitute a violation of the agreement.

It would certainly explain why the coaches never moved Damion to right tackle, choosing instead to move Vernon Carey.

Boik14
09-21-2005, 12:40 AM
The honesty is refreshing Damion. Thank you. Keep your head up and keep trying. We're all here to support our beloved Phins and believe things will get better as the players get more and more acclimated to Coach Saban and what he's trying to do. :)

touborg
09-21-2005, 05:36 AM
These journal entries are great.

larfo2224
09-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Good article. I think it's great to have him on the site, giving us insight to the game and how he thinks the line is progressing.

HysterikiLL
09-21-2005, 06:40 AM
This was an awesome article. Some people were talking about how his last article was kinda dry but this one was really an insight. Anyway, just having him writing anything is awesome but this was really sweet to read.

Keep up the good work Damion.

Pulitzer! ;)

phunwin
09-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Thank you, D-Mac! Great stuff!

BennyVW
09-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Saban was trying to get a spark out of the line by switching it up. I feel that the pass protection was decent this game, but it still needs some help. The trick is we need to get the running game going. If we have to keep converting these 3rd and longs it will just kill us. Run Ronnie Run!!! And please no more False starts. Especially you SETH!!! You have the ball in your hand, you decide when to snap!!!!! Thats just DUMB!!!!

DrAstroZoom
09-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for your continued contribution, D-Mac! :clap:

PhinstiGator
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanx D-Mac. I'm sure this wasn't an easy journal entry after a tough loss on the road. Keep working hard...we are in this together.

Although I'm thankful that Carolina spanked the Patsies, they are coming into our house and we need win those home games.

NLude33
09-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow! Great entry and thank you. I wish we could have you write one every day of the week, to really get some insite on your preperation. Thanks for contributing to this site.

Oboy
09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Good read. Glad to hear after looking at tape he feels the mistakes made can be fixed.

Schleprock
09-21-2005, 10:35 AM
I have a few questions for Brett Tessler with regards to Damion. Damion and the team were rumored during the offseason restructuring to have made an agreement that the Dolphins would not sign or draft anyone to compete with Damion McIntosh. They signed Stockar McDougle and drafted Anthony Alabi, but neither compete with Damion.

I want to know if this agreement actually happened, whether or not it is written, and whether or not moving Damion to right tackle where he would compete with free agent acquisition Stockar McDougle would constitute a violation of the agreement.

It would certainly explain why the coaches never moved Damion to right tackle, choosing instead to move Vernon Carey.
I am one to agree pro sports stars have to accept some things being public, however, I don't feel anything you asked is any of our business. That's between Brett, Damion, and the organization.

Damion, thanks for the continued journal articles. We understand it has to be tough after a loss, being substituted for, and what all was said last year. However, I think I can speak for others in saying nothing makes us fans more happy than to know you guys want to be better, practice to get better, and want to do good for us. We know not all pro athletes have that desire.

Brett - 1
Rude jerk-off - 0

MDFINFAN
09-21-2005, 10:39 AM
When a player can still come and face the Fans after a winnable loss, that's character, I give him plenty of props..and plenty to Finheaven for making this possible. Now you guys who live down there, go be the 12th man this week.

Schleprock
09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
When a player can still come and face the Fans after a winnable loss, that's character, I give him plenty of props..and plenty to Finheaven for making this possible. Now you guys who live down there, go be the 12th man this week.
Exactly, go support Damion and the team!! I'd love to be able to, but living in MD makes it a bit difficult and costly to get there and have tix. Feel lucky to be close to your favorite team folks...and go support them :up:

Drfletcherdc
09-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I think our line has improved a great deal since last year. Our pass protection has been outstanding for the most part. The one time Damion got beat, I saw the defender in his space, Damion just needs to get his hands on him sooner, but he has already seen that on film. I personally think playing line is all about the attitude, how you are going to knock your guy off the ball. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, the line will continue to improve so when Ricky comes back, our offense will be feared.

Sal Lisitano
09-21-2005, 10:59 AM
thanx

GRT8
09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
awesome..simply awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vt_dolfan
09-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Damion...you guys are doin a good job and working hard. We all see the rebirth of this proud franchise taking place.

Heres a quote coach may or many not have said to you guys...

"Taking the path of least resistance makes both men and rivers crooked"

Its an old West Virginian quote. Hard work will pay off..that we can all be sure of.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-21-2005, 10:24 PM
D-Mac here's to you and the Oline to have a great day against Carolina!:beerbang:

Mr Yu
09-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Damion thanks for your time as always. If you happen to read this, kudos for trying to help out Carey. Great team player. It's great that you are already focused on what could of been done better! Here is to a great game for you and the offensive line against Carolina!:beerbang: Keep the faith! :)

- Dude , how are you doing?

Fin Fan in Cali
09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
- Dude , how are you doing?Good bro, what's up?

Mr Yu
09-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Good bro, what's up?

Sorry for the delay. Had to help one of mine with osmosis , photosynthesis , endo , exo , 3-2 , 2-3 , movement , full co...wait , that's the other crap I do.

- Great fun working with young ones. I have to break them into the SRV one of these days. I almost have them thinking of me as " nutty , eccentric dude" rather than " strange , old dude".

- How's it with you?

Fin Fan in Cali
09-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Sorry for the delay. Had to help one of mine with osmosis , photosynthesis , endo , exo , 3-2 , 2-3 , movement , full co...wait , that's the other crap I do.

- Great fun working with young ones. I have to break them into the SRV one of these days. I almost have them thinking of me as " nutty , eccentric dude" rather than " strange , old dude".

- How's it with you?Life is great! It's football season, and the only thing that could be better is a Dolphins win on Sunday vs Carolina!:beerbang:

NJFinFury2004
09-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the article, great stuff!! I always thought you a tough guy, who wants to play the game. You didn't have to play last season and you came back early, not fully healed from your injury and played!!

These are the kind of people in Aqua and Orange we want to root for!! Good luck VS the Panthers !