PDA

View Full Version : All-Madden help

phinpunk14
09-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Anybody have any suggestions for playing on all-madden difficulty? I can run the ball and play defense good enough, but I can't throw the ball worth crap. I can complete about 3 passes and then throw an interception mainly b/c i can't find any routes that work. So, I run the same ones over and over and get picked. Any ideas or tips b/c I can't play the game on all-pro anymore (way too easy). They make too big of a between all-pro and all-madden. I suggest an extra difficulty in the future.

unifiedtheory
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Anybody have any suggestions for playing on all-madden difficulty? I can run the ball and play defense good enough, but I can't throw the ball worth crap. I can complete about 3 passes and then throw an interception mainly b/c i can't find any routes that work. So, I run the same ones over and over and get picked. Any ideas or tips b/c I can't play the game on all-pro anymore (way too easy). They make too big of a between all-pro and all-madden. I suggest an extra difficulty in the future.

I throw a lot of quick, short passes.

Try to get match-ups. Put your #1 reciever in the slot and run some 3 wide sets on early downs when the computer is playing their base defense. Get your #1 guy matched up with a linebacker.

Make sure you ALWAYS send a guy in motion. If they are playing zone try slants and posts but make sure your reciever clears the underneath linebackers.

The best advice I can give about playing on All Madden is DON'T GET GREEDY. Take what they give you, take a sack, throw it away and live to have another down. If you try to do the things that always worked on All Pro you'll get killed with turnovers.

Agent51
09-23-2005, 12:31 AM

While I can't really help with this cuz I still play on all pro (with the CPU sliders adjusted to give them more stats), I do wanna say your sig rocks. Tiger Army is B@DASS. Rancid is pretty sweet too. Who's your top 5 favorite bands? Punk is pretty much ALL I listen to, with some classic rock and "hair" metal like ACDC, Zeppelin, Motley Crue, GNR, etc etc, but mostly like 95% punk.

PhinsPhan
09-23-2005, 12:43 AM
All-Madden is actually alot easier than last years game. Too easy actually, but at least it is more realistic (no computer deep bombs as auto TDs).

Here is what you do. In this years madden you almost have to avoid Money Plays. I know this sounds weird but the more you use a play the computer AI catches on to it and defends it. Then the safties jump your route and you are intercepted.

Think when running plays. I mean really think. If you run a hook play. Then do a run play up the middle. Then run an out. Then run the ball outside. Then run a slant. Then run a play inside. Then throw a deep corner or out and up. When doing this you run the hook and you are just given the play. Then you run up the middle and keep the defense honest while drawing the linebackers inside. Then you run a quick out and the cornerback will play you for a deeper route and you should make the pass. Then run again to keep the defense honest but this time you draw the linebackers and safties outside because of your two previous plays. Then you throw a slant and the inside should be wide open. Then you run up the middle to cram it more. Then you can take a shot deep. This is just an example.

Finally, dont always look at your target reciever. Sometimes look at your secondary then switch to your primary. Then also look straight before the snap and then switch to your reciever.

Stay in the pocket. Madden used to be about running around. Just make sure to stay in the pocket, you get better protection and less, better timing and less loss on yards if you are sacked.

Timing is key. Fire the football right after your receiver makes his break.

So bottom line:
- Mix it up
- Think about the play calls
- Don't stare down your receivers
- Stay in the pocket
- Timing

Funny, it is alot like real life :)

NuttyFin
09-23-2005, 12:49 AM
All-Madden is actually alot easier than last years game. Too easy actually, but at least it is more realistic (no computer deep bombs as auto TDs).

Here is what you do. In this years madden you almost have to avoid Money Plays. I know this sounds weird but the more you use a play the computer AI catches on to it and defends it. Then the safties jump your route and you are intercepted.

Think when running plays. I mean really think. If you run a hook play. Then do a run play up the middle. Then run an out. Then run the ball outside. Then run a slant. Then run a play inside. Then throw a deep corner or out and up. When doing this you run the hook and you are just given the play. Then you run up the middle and keep the defense honest while drawing the linebackers inside. Then you run a quick out and the cornerback will play you for a deeper route and you should make the pass. Then run again to keep the defense honest but this time you draw the linebackers and safties outside because of your two previous plays. Then you throw a slant and the inside should be wide open. Then you run up the middle to cram it more. Then you can take a shot deep. This is just an example.

Finally, dont always look at your target reciever. Sometimes look at your secondary then switch to your primary. Then also look straight before the snap and then switch to your reciever.

Stay in the pocket. Madden used to be about running around. Just make sure to stay in the pocket, you get better protection and less, better timing and less loss on yards if you are sacked.

Timing is key. Fire the football right after your receiver makes his break.

So bottom line:
- Mix it up
- Think about the play calls
- Don't stare down your receivers
- Stay in the pocket
- Timing

Funny, it is alot like real life :)

:up: Nice post!

UCFinfan86
09-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Precision Passing, i precision pass up every time and they will catch almost everything and the only time u get intercepted is if u have a bad qb and they throw it over the WR's head and the Saftey is back there. Trust me i played online my first 4 games i was 0-4, i started using precision passing i am now proably 26-10