PDA

View Full Version : Be PC if you want

nephinsfan
09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
with all the threads about injuries and the "holier than thou" attitudes about the self proclaimed finheaven police jumping all over the posters that are posting about Harrison and spikes and pennington and all the other injuries and crap that happened yesterday.

let me ask you guys a question, do you really believe that there are not players and coaches around the league that are breathing a sigh of relief because these big name players are not going to be in the lineup when they face them???? This is a rough game, and when opposing teams smell blood, they go in for the kill.

do you really think that other teams and their fans were not laughing at us last year with all the misfortunes that we had with the injury bug????

do you really think that in 93 when Marino went down the opposing coaches were all sitting around saying, aww, that is too bad..I REALLY wish Marino was going to be there when we played them??? not hardly, they probably did a freakin celebration dance in their office cause their gameplanning just got a whole lot easier.

get off your high horses injuries happen every day in football. and guess what.....the opposing coaches TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!!!!!!

sheesh!

Hellion
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
There's a difference between taking advantage of injuries on another team and laughing about them or wishing injury on another player.
We all know injury is part of any sports and the healthy teams tend to go the farthest, nobody here needs to hear that from you. :shakeno:

How good is your team if you gotta be happy about an injuries to their team?

nephinsfan
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
There's a difference between taking advantage of injuries on another team and laughing about them or wishing injury on another player.
We all know injury is part of any sports and the healthy teams tend to go the farthest, nobody here needs to hear that from you. :shakeno:

How good is your team if you gotta be happy about an injuries to their team?

I dont think anyone here laughed or wished an injury on anyone. But I do think that alot of offenses in the league just had there game plan change for one week at least and I bet you a million to one says not one of those OC's "wishes" spikes or Harrison gets better before they have to face them.

and as far as what people do and dont need to hear from anyone on here is the constant "you just broke the rules, so I am going to tell on you" crap.

sheesh, why dont you all just take your ball and go home:shakeno:

Roman529
09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
The only thing that bothers me is people saying, "I hope McGahee gets hurt before the Bills play us."

To me this is WRONG!!! I never want to wish an injury on anyone or laugh at them or their team for this.....BUT there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of another team's injuries. That is the NFL.

Hellion
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
I dont think anyone here laughed or wished an injury on anyone. But I do think that alot of offenses in the league just had there game plan change for one week at least and I bet you a million to one says not one of those OC's "wishes" spikes or Harrison gets better before they have to face them.

and as far as what people do and dont need to hear from anyone on here is the constant "you just broke the rules, so I am going to tell on you" crap.

sheesh, why dont you all just take your ball and go home:shakeno:

Really?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=99365&page=1&pp=15

I see people getting on this guy but I must have missed people calling out poster who said it would be nothing other than an advantage getting ripped.

Nobody hates this PC crap more than I do, but its not a matter of PC, it's a matter of respect for fellow players. I played, My brother played, I have relitives that play(ed) and curently my 10 year old son plays and I'm an assistant coach.
I can see people talking about it being an advantage (i have no problem with that) but laughing or wishing? No.

nephinsfan
09-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Really?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=99365&page=1&pp=15

Well, I guess if Harrison was not the dirtiest player in the league, people would not react this way. SO, he got a chuckle out of it. thats the way it goes.

you think Harrison would have given 2 sh*ts if he would have injured Davis' neck when he ripped his helmet off of him??? I know that would have been a long shot,(or you can input any one of the cheap shots that we have all seen him take to use as an example) but seriously....do you think it would have mattered to him????

see, you can all say what you want..but if you really think that by coming on here and "saying" that you feel bad about a teams injuries and how you wish that they never happened when everyone knows that deep down inside you are happy that the guy is not going to be on the field against your team does not make you any better than the guy that just comes out and says it.

Hellion
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, I guess if Harrison was not the dirtiest player in the league, people would not react this way. SO, he got a chuckle out of it. thats the way it goes.

you think Harrison would have given 2 sh*ts if he would have injured Davis' neck when he ripped his helmet off of him??? I know that would have been a long shot,(or you can input any one of the cheap shots that we have all seen him take to use as an example) but seriously....do you think it would have mattered to him????

see, you can all say what you want..but if you really think that by coming on here and "saying" that you feel bad about a teams injuries and how you wish that they never happened when everyone knows that deep down inside you are happy that the guy is not going to be on the field against your team does not make you any better than the guy that just comes out and says it.

Ok #1 don't be arrogant and presume you know what myself or others think or feel because that just shows you for what you just revealed yourself to be. Just because you maybe a jackass don't presume others are because they don't share the same views as you.

And you don't know Harrison so don't presume you know what he feels or thinks, dirty player or not.

And who said anyone was better than anyone else? Where was that said PLEASE enlighten me on that will you?

nephinsfan
09-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Ok #1 don't be arrogant and presume you know what myself or others think or feel because that just shows you for what you just revealed yourself to be. Just because you maybe a jackass don't presume others are because they don't share the same views as you.

And you don't know Harrison so don't presume you know what he feels or thinks, dirty player or not.

And who said anyone was better than anyone else? Where was that said PLEASE enlighten me on that will you?

Right...and when the guy who is standing next to his wife when the college girl with tight body walks by and the wife asks.."do you think she is pretty" I guess when he says "no honey not at all" he really means it doesnt he.

I dont think that it is any secret that everyone feels that they have to be politically correct now a days and that most think one thing and say another.

And I have seen enough of Harrisons dirty play to realize that he does not care about his opponents, so I think that would have been a pretty fair assumption in my last post.

and it was not "said" anywhere that anyone was better than anyone, but it is not to hard to realize who thinks that they are the mother theresa of message board etiquette.

for instance....calling me a jackass...now does that not violate the holy TOS of finheaven......did I ever personally attack you??? should'nt I be running and screaming to the mods of this horrible indescretion on your part....after all is'nt that "THE" thing to do???? see I would do that, but I realize that this is an internet message board and honestly, does it really matter what anyone really says on here about anyone or anything????

And I did not reveal anything about myself. I could care less about injuries to any team other than the phins. I have been pretty open about that.....and why should I be?? do you think that Belichek would lose sleep if ronnie brown got hurt????

Hellion
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Right...and when the guy who is standing next to his wife when the college girl with tight body walks by and the wife asks.."do you think she is pretty" I guess when he says "no honey not at all" he really means it doesnt he.

I dont think that it is any secret that everyone feels that they have to be politically correct now a days and that most think one thing and say another.

And I have seen enough of Harrisons dirty play to realize that he does not care about his opponents, so I think that would have been a pretty fair assumption in my last post.

[QUOTE]and it was not "said" anywhere that anyone was better than anyone, but it is not to hard to realize who thinks that they are the mother theresa of message board etiquette .

for instance....calling me a jackass...now does that not violate the holy TOS of finheaven......did I ever personally attack you??? should'nt I be running and screaming to the mods of this horrible indescretion on your part....after all is'nt that "THE" thing to do???? see I would do that, but I realize that this is an internet message board and honestly, does it really matter what anyone really says on here about anyone or anything????

And I did not reveal anything about myself. I could care less about injuries to any team other than the phins. I have been pretty open about that.....and why should I be?? do you think that Belichek would lose sleep if ronnie brown got hurt????

Assumptions that's basically your whole arguement in a nut shell.

and it was not "said" anywhere that anyone was better than anyone, but it is not to hard to realize who thinks that they are the mother theresa of message board etiquette .

There is etiquette on this MB, and when someone disagrees then they have that right to express it just like the both of us have, call it what you want.

for instance....calling me a jackass...now does that not violate the holy TOS of finheaven......did I ever personally attack you???

I never called you a jackass, reread and comperhend. MAYBE a......

And like I said before,

I see people getting on this guy but I must have missed people calling out poster who said it would be nothing other than an advantage getting ripped.
Nobody hates this PC crap more than I do, but its not a matter of PC, it's a matter of respect for fellow players. I played, My brother played, I have relitives that play(ed) and curently my 10 year old son plays and I'm an assistant coach.
I can see people talking about it being an advantage (i have no problem with that) but laughing or wishing? No.

This maybe hard for you to phathom but there are people(fans) that would rather have a player like Spikes out there, beat them at there best. But hey I understand some fans would rather play the second string to be sure of a victory.
Also as has happened in the past in many leagues, sometime the second string guy with something to prove is the last guy you want to play.

As a coach I want my game plan and players to beat whoever is out there regardless of there statis.

nephinsfan
09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
ohhhh...I see, so as long as some one puts the word "maybe" in front of a derrogatory name, that makes it ok......

got it....thanks for clarifiying that.

and you are right, you do want to gameplan for who is out there....but let me ask you this.....you dont think gameplans change when a key player is out for a game??? do you think that teams gameplans would not change if JT and Zach were out?? what if we were playing the raiders and madison went down....you dont think that they would be lining Moss up on his replacement and going for the throat???

do you think teams really hoped that david boston would have came back last year?? did you see pats fans giving us sympathy when every freakin RB we brought in to replace ricky went down?

do you think that the other coaches were really upset that they did not have to deal with Williams last year.......I know it was not an injury but it was a misfortune, one that every one in the league took advantage of, and i would be willing to put money on the fact that when teams were game planning for the phins last year , there was not 1 DC that was depressed that he was not there......

now I am MAYBE a jackass, and you are MAYBE full of crap...but bottom line is this, injuries are a misfortune and if any team can take advantage of any misfortune by their opponent to win the game then more power to them.

PassRush
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
The only thing that bothers me is people saying, "I hope McGahee gets hurt before the Bills play us."

To me this is WRONG!!! I never want to wish an injury on anyone or laugh at them or their team for this.....BUT there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of another team's injuries. That is the NFL.

I agree 100%. You never wish a player to get hurt, though if they are out you take full advantage of it. Even if they are hurt but still playing, I say take full advantage of that as well. If a dominating linebacker is playing hurt, I would run the ball right at him and make him reconsider. I garuntee you all of the 32 head coaches in the NFL would do the exact same thing.

finsrclowns
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM

I agree and even in the depths that's wrong. Nice post.

Hellion
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
ohhhh...I see, so as long as some one puts the word "maybe" in front of a derrogatory name, that makes it ok......

got it....thanks for clarifiying that.

and you are right, you do want to gameplan for who is out there....but let me ask you this.....you dont think gameplans change when a key player is out for a game??? do you think that teams gameplans would not change if JT and Zach were out?? what if we were playing the raiders and madison went down....you dont think that they would be lining Moss up on his replacement and going for the throat???

do you think teams really hoped that david boston would have came back last year?? did you see pats fans giving us sympathy when every freakin RB we brought in to replace ricky went down?

do you think that the other coaches were really upset that they did not have to deal with Williams last year.......I know it was not an injury but it was a misfortune, one that every one in the league took advantage of, and i would be willing to put money on the fact that when teams were game planning for the phins last year , there was not 1 DC that was depressed that he was not there......

now I am MAYBE a jackass, and you are MAYBE full of crap...but bottom line is this, injuries are a misfortune and if any team can take advantage of any misfortune by their opponent to win the game then more power to them.

Well MAYBE :D
But you're kinda missing my point, it's not so much after the fact as much as it is the first reaction to the injury.
And of course game plans will change do to injuries, like I said I will game plan reguardless who is out there, if it's Spikes or if it's the 2nd stringer. Sure it depends on who it is but none the less it can come back to bite you in the ***.
Coaches are people they have their own personalities, if one or twenty are happy over someone being out due to an injury then so be it, But they aren't confident in their players and game plan.
Really do you think that a coach or player on the flight to Buffalo is going to sit there and think dam my game plan against Spikes isn't going to work and we may lose the game, Dam I wish he was out.

Look what we did to Peppers, sure we were worried about him but I bet the coaches were confident in their plan to eliminate him or a least slow him down. otherwards give up nothing can stop the guy!!! Geee i wish he was injured so we didn't have to face him. .
Or yeahhhhhhh Peppers is injured we don't have game plan so much to stop him.
NO you plan for who is there and deal with him. It maybe a different game plan but still.

And yes you take advantage of the situation, if it's injury or suspension or retirement.

Really we both make points and I maybe full of crap but then again you might be just another turd in the toilet .

:toilet: