PDA

View Full Version : Good news and Bad News for me this weekend!!

Predaphin
09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
The good news :) :

I made it to EA's top 100 leaders of the week....Last time I checked I was #33 in this week's top players on EA sports nation...I tried looking on EA's website but it only shows, "LAST" week's top performers...

You can check the current leaders by clicking on "Leader boards" when you log into Madden Online then click on "weekly top 100" I should be on there at around #33...the record for me this week was something like 32-5!!!!

I'm closing in on 100 wins and I'm currently ranked 138 with an 81-28 record. I'm almost there....representing my fellow finfans and Finheaven!!!!

The bad news :( :

My PS2 broke!!!!!!! :(

It doesn't want to read my disk....I've had this problem before with my previous PS2, only this time it's different. Last time it wouldn't read my disk at all, this time around it will say "reading disk" for a couple of seconds and then it disappears from the menu section...

This sucks, i've gone through (2) PS2's ....the first one would not read my disk's the second one wouldnt eject the games anymore.....

and now this one that wont read my disk....I did manage to buy insurance for this last one but the insurance only covered for 2 years which were up in December of last year...

....I'm not sure what to do, I succesfully convinced my girlfreind into buying the second one and it's going to be tough convincing her to buy a 3rd one...

The truth is i'm addicted to MADDEN, and i don't know what i'm going to do if I can't play it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Buddwalk
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Take it to your local EB games...they will hold your console for 1-2 weeks and fix the problem for bout $20

Predaphin
09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Take it to your local EB games...they will hold your console for 1-2 weeks and fix the problem for bout $20

are you serious??? damn, thanks. I'm going to look into this....

Actually, I was about to go and trade it in at my local EB games and a day later just buy a new one....I will look into this.

Thanks buddwalk

Agent51
09-26-2005, 04:46 PM
are you serious??? damn, thanks. I'm going to look into this....

Actually, I was about to go and trade it in at my local EB games and a day later just buy a new one....I will look into this.

Thanks buddwalk

is it a slim PS2 or the older one? I got my PS2 the day it came out, was 2nd on the reserve list at my local KB toys, lol. After w few years it started doing the disc read crap so i got another one, and after a few MONTHS it did the same thing. This was about a week before the new slim PS2 came out so i just waited and got that one the day it was released. I have had ZERO probs with it since. and there is no worry about it not ejecting discs cuz there is no slide tray, its a pop-top now. plus the network adaptor is built in. ONly thing is it doesn't support the hard drive, but that doesn't effect me cuz I never used it anyway, I play all sports games and a few racing games and action games, like GTA and stuff, but 95% of it is NCAA or Madden. I suggest the slim PS2 man. Oh, and I got mine from best buy and if you buy the 2 year protection plan you get $100 off the purchase of the PS3 from them (if you trade them in your PS2 in the process too) which is a SWEET deal. IDK if that deal still exists, but it was a promo when it first came out.

byroan
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I have the slim ps2 and haven't had any problems. I had quite a few problems with the original ps2.

Dolfan984
09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I got the slim Ps2 as well and have had no problems whatsoever.

Predaphin
09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
is it a slim PS2 or the older one? I got my PS2 the day it came out, was 2nd on the reserve list at my local KB toys, lol. After w few years it started doing the disc read crap so i got another one, and after a few MONTHS it did the same thing. This was about a week bofre the new slim PS2 came out so i just waited and got that one the day it was released. I have had ZERO probs with it since. and there is no worry about it not ejecting discs cuz there is no slide tray, its a pop-top now. plus the network adaptor is built in. ONly thing is it doesn't support the hard drive, but that doesn't effect me cuz I never used it anyway, I play all sports games and a few racing games and action games, like GTA and stuff, but 95% of it is NCAA or Madden. I suggest the slim PS2 man. Oh, and I got mine from best buy and if you buy the 2 year protection plan you get $100 off the purchase of the PS3 from them (if you trade them in your PS2 in the process too) which is a SWEET deal. IDK if that deal still exists, but it was a promo when it first came out.

yeah, it's the old kind. I've seen the slimer kind.

damn, this sounds like a deal as well,...only problem is that the closest best buy to me is about an hour from here :( ....

Sounds to me like most of you have the slim PS2's, maybe I should just purchase a new one....It's a shame that I'm purchasing a new PS2, when the PS3 is about a year away from it's release....this sucks.

King Nate
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
I got the slim Ps2 as well and have had no problems whatsoever.

Same here.

jnewmant
09-26-2005, 10:42 PM
all you have to do is go buy a new ps2 and peel the id number off the back of the new one and peel the number off the back of the old one and put the new serial numbers on the old ps2 and put it back in the box and take it back to wal mart and get your money back, make up some lame excuse about your wife not wanting you to spend the money or something, it's worked for me twice:)

Predaphin
09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
all you have to do is go buy a new ps2 and peel the id number off the back of the new one and peel the number off the back of the old one and put the new serial numbers on the old ps2 and put it back in the box and take it back to wal mart and get your money back, make up some lame excuse about your wife not wanting you to spend the money or something, it's worked for me twice:)

that wouldn't be such a bad idea, however, I have the old kind of PS2, the new kind are slimmer....is the box any different???

jnewmant
09-27-2005, 12:28 PM
well they have to open the box to scan the serial numbers on the back so they would def. be able to tell the difference between a slim one and an old dinosaur one but some retailer is bound to still sell the old one maybe a pawn shop you could still pull the switchero and like i said you won't be out any money but for about two hours just wait a little while so you can come up with a good excuse

Buddwalk
09-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Luckily there kinda cheap only $99 or some crap like that man so its not like your dishing a couple hundred into it

Predaphin
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
well, my local EBgames will give me $65 dollars for it....The new ones run for $130.00 @ EBGames, not sure how much the used ones cost, but I'm guessing around $100.00 (like buddwalk said)...I may also just look into buying a used one, they have warranty for life (i blieve)

Predaphin
09-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, I called! they have used ones in stock and they run for $99...they will give me $65 for my old one.....

Do you guys think EB games will find it suspicious if I go in there and tell them that I just want to trade in my old one for a new slimmer kind of PS2??? do you guys think it will alert them that my old one is broken???, cause I have not told them....Do you guys think EBgames even cares if it's broken???

if so, I may have to take my old one back and buy a new one the following day since they told me that that they will give me store credit through an EBgames card....what do you guys think???

Agent51
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, I called! they have used ones in stock and they run for $99...they will give me $65 for my old one.....

Do you guys think EB games will find it suspicious if I go in there and tell them that I just want to trade in my old one for a new slimmer kind of PS2??? do you guys think it will alert them that my old one is broken???, cause I have not told them....Do you guys think EBgames even cares if it's broken???

if so, I may have to take my old one back and buy a new one the following day since they told me that that they will give me store credit through an EBgames card....what do you guys think???

Nah dude, just pretend it works and u just wanna "update" to the new slim one cuz you "don't have a network adapter and instead of buying one you just figure you'll upgrade to a newer model anyway" or something liek that. Don't tell em its broken, they don't even check. My friend Chris did the same thing liek a month ago, his PS2 broke and did that disc read crap, so he just traded it in for credit then just got a new slim one, saying that he was gonna buy the adapter but he figured since the new one came with it, he'd just upgrade anyway and have a newer system too, one with less "wear and tear". They didn't even check if his old one worked, just gave him the credit then the new PS2 and he left, like a normal purchase.

Buddwalk
09-28-2005, 05:06 PM

No they wont find it suspicious i know a bunch of people that did it

Predaphin
09-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Finally! got my new PS2....

I took back the old one and they tested it....I felt dumb, I told them it worked...lol oh well, they only gave me 30 bucks but what the heck, I needed to do something.

So im up and running at full force again. hit me up for a game.

jnewmant
09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Finally! got my new PS2....

I took back the old one and they tested it....I felt dumb, I told them it worked...lol oh well, they only gave me 30 bucks but what the heck, I needed to do something.

So im up and running at full force again. hit me up for a game.you should have used my method well if you want a brand new one you could use it i guess