PDA

View Full Version : Problem with connecting to Xbox Live

Cuban Dave 9
09-26-2005, 06:46 PM
All right, I have Xbox live and I connect from computer. But now that I have a wireless network, the Xbox won't connect. It says that it needs some serial code. I never had to do that before the wireless connection to my computer. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?

mor911
09-26-2005, 06:59 PM
All right, I have Xbox live and I connect from computer. But now that I have a wireless network, the Xbox won't connect. It says that it needs some serial code. I never had to do that before the wireless connection to my computer. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?
If your wireless router has WEP enabled (a wireless security feature that most good wireless routers will enable by default), then you need to enter your WEP key into the xbox's wireless setup. I have my xbox connected wireless also. You can get the WEP key from the router's admin screen. To get to most router's admin screens, you enter 192.168.1.1 (or something similar) into your address bar. Good luck!

Cuban Dave 9
09-30-2005, 11:09 PM
If your wireless router has WEP enabled (a wireless security feature that most good wireless routers will enable by default), then you need to enter your WEP key into the xbox's wireless setup. I have my xbox connected wireless also. You can get the WEP key from the router's admin screen. To get to most router's admin screens, you enter 192.168.1.1 (or something similar) into your address bar. Good luck!

My Xbox is not connected to the wireless network...it is connect to my computer...My computer is the one that is connected to the wireless network but for some reason, my Xbox doesn't get the IP address