PDA

View Full Version : Who to start at WR for Week 4?

Kucha
09-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Derrick Mason home vs New York Jets

Rod Smith at Jacksonville

Terry Glenn at Oakland

Talos
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Terry Glenn. Bledsoe can throw behind the Dallas line, and Glenn and Keyshawn are both #1s. Meanwhile, Smithe against the Jags is a risky proposition and well, it's hard to start anyone on Baltimore on offense.

Kucha
09-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Terry Glenn. Bledsoe can throw behind the Dallas line, and Glenn and Keyshawn are both #1s. Meanwhile, Smithe against the Jags is a risky proposition and well, it's hard to start anyone on Baltimore on offense.

Thanks. Those are good thoughts and definitely worth considering.

Mile High Fin
09-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I say, in order of preference:

1. Derrick Mason (at home/must-win situation)
2. Terry Glenn (on the road, and loses catches to Keyshawn & Witten)
3. Rod Smith (on road, and if his concussion won't keep him out of Week 4)

It's a close call however. I just like Mason at home, and he has 8 catches/game (vs. 3.7/game for Glenn and 7.3/game for Smith).

Kucha
09-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I say, in order of preference:

1. Derrick Mason (at home/must-win situation)
2. Terry Glenn (on the road, and loses catches to Keyshawn & Witten)
3. Rod Smith (on road, and if his concussion won't keep him out of Week 4)

It's a close call however. I just like Mason at home, and he has 8 catches/game (vs. 3.7/game for Glenn and 7.3/game for Smith).

Thanks for bringing those stats to mind. Definitely stuff to chew on.

TokyoFishFan
09-28-2005, 06:32 AM
I like Glenn, but Mason is a possession receiver and catches a lot of balls. While I voted Glenn, I'd probably start Mason.

Kucha
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Hmm Ok, I appreciate your input. Thx. I'm noting all of this.

Phinfan31
09-29-2005, 05:14 AM
Personally I would have to say Glenn. I have him as well and in place of my #2 WR (Nate Burleson) right now...T.O. does well enough for me to help offset the loss of Burleson but Glenn is working out as a great substitute right now...got me 13 points last week which isnt bad.

Kucha
09-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Personally I would have to say Glenn. I have him as well and in place of my #2 WR (Nate Burleson) right now...T.O. does well enough for me to help offset the loss of Burleson but Glenn is working out as a great substitute right now...got me 13 points last week which isnt bad.

You probably have an ESPN league cuz Glenn got me 13 points last week while riding the bench. :) However, Derrick Mason got me 12 points the week before. It's a close one, IMO. Thanks for your suggestion. It's good. I'm going to make my decision tommorrow. :)