Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
    • Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

      Jay GlazerVerified account@JayGlazer3h
      The Miami Dolphins, who've been dealing w o-line trouble, have traded with the Ravens for Bryant McKinnie according to Ravens sources
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Dolphins Trade for McKinnie started by RB23RW34 View original post
      Comments 286 Comments
      1. ANUFan's Avatar
        ANUFan -
        Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
        How about 2 months ago when he was still a free agent and we had him in the building?
        We didn't then but we did now. Hopefully he can help us out! NEXT...
      1. Nublar7's Avatar
        Nublar7 -
        Josh Kaddu was cut
      1. Dr. Phin's Avatar
        Dr. Phin -
        Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
        if jon martin wasn't young and cheap i'd be cutting his ass too...he sucks also...although it may not show as much at right tackle...we may get by
        Quote of the day...
      1. hooshoops's Avatar
        hooshoops -
        Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
        THIS year I don't fault Ireland for passing on a tackle because they've all struggled and I still believe Dion Jordan was the best player in the draft. It was a horrible year to draft an OT.
        i like the jordan pick..that's fine...although he'd be a bigger problem if he had a redirect back inside counter rush move...that said imo the scheme doesn't fit the oline personnel we play so i can't really let them off the hook for it...and dallas thomas was a disaster in camp...

        hell we aren't getting anything from our picks this year really...dion jordan and dion sims...everything else underwhelming although i like jamar taylors physical talent
      1. Digital's Avatar
        Digital -
        This is extremely disappointing. McKinnie is a head case with serious motivation and lifestyle issues. The guy spent so much in night clubs in Baltimore that he considered bankruptcy WHILE HE WAS STILL PLAYING. This is going to get fixed in South Beach how exactly?

        So we didn't trade for Monroe who went for peanuts, and we did trade for an older far less dependable head case? This wreaks of desperation.
      1. ConvenientTruth's Avatar
        ConvenientTruth -
        Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
        i like the jordan pick..that's fine...although he'd be a bigger problem if he had a redirect back inside counter rush move...that said imo the scheme doesn't fit the oline personnel we play so i can't really let them off the hook for it...and dallas thomas was a disaster in camp...

        hell we aren't getting anything from our picks this year really...dion jordan and dion sims...everything else underwhelming although i like jamar taylors physical talent
        Fortunately, Jordan has the best position coach on staff that has been excellent at developing players...Rodgers will have Jordan making pro-bowls....
      1. Spesh's Avatar
        Spesh -
        Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
        This is extremely disappointing. McKinnie is a head case with serious motivation and lifestyle issues. The guy spent so much in night clubs in Baltimore that he considered bankruptcy WHILE HE WAS STILL PLAYING. This is going to get fixed in South Beach how exactly?

        So we didn't trade for Monroe who went for peanuts, and we did trade for an older far less dependable head case? This wreaks of desperation.
        Absolutely shoots a hole in the "Philbin guy" myth floating around.

        We are totally down with signing headcases. So long as they are tackles.
      1. Birdmond's Avatar
        Birdmond -
        I'm as big a pessimist as anyone on this board but I have no problem with this deal. Let's see how it plays out.
      1. hooshoops's Avatar
        hooshoops -
        Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
        Fortunately, Jordan has the best position coach on staff that has been excellent at developing players...Rodgers will have Jordan making pro-bowls....
        not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire
      1. roy_miami's Avatar
        roy_miami -
        This move also speaks to how awful our backups must be.

        Also, the decision to cut Clabo or keep him as a backup is probably right up there with deciding if you'd rather have anal warts or genital herpes.
      1. jlfin's Avatar
        jlfin -
        The hindsight n this site is amusing. When the Fins signed Clabo, the majority here were praising Ireland. I don't think anyone could have foreseen him being as bad as he's been.
      1. Birdmond's Avatar
        Birdmond -
        Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
        The hindsight n this site is amusing. When the Fins signed Clabo, the majority here were praising Ireland. I don't think anyone could have foreseen him being as bad as he's been.
        I agree with this. Only the Falcons knew Clabo was done.
      1. finfan54's Avatar
        finfan54 -
        Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
        Our o-line would be better if we would've sent a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Branden Albert and left Martin at right tackle.
        but once again, albert was not available. per KC management.
      1. ANUFan's Avatar
        ANUFan -
        Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
        not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire
        I hate to say it but that counter back to the inside is something Cam Wake has yet to develop consistently. Considering, how terrified tackles are about his outside speed rush it's amazing he's not killing his opponents coming back inside. Something very similar to what M.Williams did to T.Clabo on both sacks. That move should be gimmes for C.Wake whenever he wants it.

        I'm starting to think his smaller size is the reason why he's not as effective on such plays. Similiar thing with O.V. their size to strength ratio isn't ideal for the counter.

        DJ on the other hand doesn't have the size problem IMO just the lack of experience.
      1. finfan54's Avatar
        finfan54 -
        btw, a conditional 7th rounder is not desperation. Its probly the last chance Ravens had to dish him for at least something. Mckinney will have to earn PT and I am thinking Garner gets first dibs if change is made pronto.
      1. J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
        J. David Wannyheimer -
        Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
        Will someone tell me why we didn't try to get OT Eugene Monroe in a trade? Was Ireland sleeping on this or what?
        It wasn't widely known that Monroe was available. Apparently, the Ravens just called and worked it out quietly. Several other teams were quoted (on PFT, I believe) as saying they would have liked to be in on it if they'd known he was available.

        Bottom line, you can blame Ireland for not being more proactive, but it's not like the Jags called us and offered to sell us the guy for some driftwood. Ravens got a ****in steal.
      1. ConvenientTruth's Avatar
        ConvenientTruth -
        Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
        not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire
        Kacy Rodgers is a great coach and will develop that...

        From what I can tell, he was poorly coached at Oregon and was able to get by on shear athleticism (as he is doing now)...A fuul season, plus off-season can do wonders for development and look forward to the progress. The kid does like to play and seems so close to getting one of those punts....its only a matter of time.
      1. Spesh's Avatar
        Spesh -
        Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
        It wasn't widely known that Monroe was available. Apparently, the Ravens just called and worked it out quietly. Several other teams were quoted (on PFT, I believe) as saying they would have liked to be in on it if they'd known he was available.

        Bottom line, you can blame Ireland for not being more proactive, but it's not like the Jags called us and offered to sell us the guy for some driftwood. Ravens got a ****in steal.
        While i dont disagree, it should be pointed out that: it wasnt some implausible potential deal. This wasnt, say, the Browns giving up on Trent Richardson after 18 games or when Josh McDaniels got busted quietly shopping Jay Cutler. It would have been pretty logical to assume Monroe could be had.
      1. J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
        J. David Wannyheimer -
        Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
        While i dont disagree, it should be pointed out that: it wasnt some implausible potential deal. This wasnt, say, the Browns giving up on Trent Richardson after 18 games or when Josh McDaniels got busted quietly shopping Jay Cutler. It would have been pretty logical to assume Monroe could be had.
        Front office botched the OL, you'll certainly get no dispute there from me. I am in full agreement with the theory that says that you don't need to break the bank and invest an inordinate amount of resources in the OL to be successful. The problem is that the guys we keep acquiring are simply bad. In the case of our RT, he is not only bad, but he is "has no business being on the field" bad.

        Other teams are able to build the OL without spending all of their money and high draft picks on it, so why can't we? You don't have to answer. We know why.
      1. Dr. Phin's Avatar
        Dr. Phin -
        Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
        Truth be told we don't run as many zone blocking plays as people around here suggest
        That's a fact. It may be because they know these guys simply can't do it.