I have been a life long Phins fan ever since I was about 5 years old (I'm 41 now). Always living up north I had never had a chance to attend a home game for various reason. While I spent the first 33 years of my life I attended away games @ Cinci, Cleveland, Indy, & Detroit. I then moved to Atlanta which is where I currently reside. Since moving I have seen them play in Atlanta & Nashville. Anyway, this past weekend I was able to check off one item on my bucket list by attending my first home game along with my 12 year old son who of course is also a Phins fan.
With that being said I have some observations after going to the game. (If you feel like bashing me for some of my comments don't bother posting...however if you have intelligent comments you would like to add then by all means fire away)
1. I was impressed with how easy it was to get in and out of the stadium parking areas and quickly get on the highway. Yes, this may have something to do with the low attendance but it seems like the infrastructure was designed well for getting the fan traffic in and out even with some of the construction going on. I've been to some stadiums like Cinci where it is a b!itch getting in and out of.
2. We have NO home field advantage. Yes, losing so many games over the past decade and having no Dan Marino anymore has killed the attendance. Obviously that has an impact to the noise level and home field advantage. With that being said it still seemed like the fans that were there just didn't seem to be into the game that much. During key moments in the game, it just seemed like only half the fans were even screaming and yelling when the Bills had the ball. BTW....I thought there were very few Bills fans at the game.
3. Sunlife Stadium definately needs a face lift. I was disappointed in the das state that the stadium is in. From the seating, restrooms, to overall appearance it just really looks dingy. I see why there is a lot of talk lately about needing a stadium upgrade. Unfortunately from what I have heard on WQAM via Iheart radio it sounds like the Marlins have screwed any chance of the Dolphins getting any tax dollars for an upgrade. Disappointing..
4. Pro shop pricing...went into the pro shop and I was rather disappointed in the pricing I observed. For example they had some very nice hats....one solid white and one solid black...both fitted. Anyway I have been looking online for a while for hats just like those 2 I mentioned. Anyway, the pice on those hats were $32 a piece! Seriously, that is probably the most expensive ball caps I have ever seen. I'll pay in the mid 20's but not $32. Disappointing especially considering the state of the franchise and the declining fan base. You would think they would knock the price down some to encourage fans to buy more apparel.
5. The fans that were there sure know how to party. I was pleasantly surprised at the great tailgating parties I observed. It seemed the fans had more fun tailgating than they had during the game based on the lack of enthusiasm I observed during the game.
Those are just some of my observations....sorry for the long post....if you feel like adding or commenting fire away!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.